Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I went through the hassle of opening up new accounts and using different names and addresses and out of 8 ordered so far 5 have been canceled, 2 I'm waiting on an update and 1 is in fulfillment on the main account I have had for a few years. So if I can get at least 1 I am not thrilled but it is at least better than nothing and at worst I'll have some Kohls cash.
Chill out.

I went through the hassle of opening up new accounts and using different names and addresses and out of 8 ordered so far 5 have been canceled, 2 I'm waiting on an update and 1 is in fulfillment on the main account I have had for a few years. So if I can get at least 1 I am not thrilled but it is at least better than nothing and at worst I'll have some Kohls cash.
8 x $180 kohl cash....very big amount of money to spend

Got one cancelation overnight and one more just now, both saying to keep the Kohl's cash.  Wow that is insane they are letting people keep the cash.

to redeem Kohls cash, you have to spend the same amount as the vouchers - still a great deal if you find other items you want to buy at the same time.

Got the cancellation email, said to keep the Kohl's cash but that has disappeared from my account. I'm throwing in the towel and just gonna let this shit play out. I'm sick of battling with bots over the stock and fuck these resellers. I'll just wait until I can walk into a store and buy one off the shelf. First time in my life I have not been able to get a new console in the launch window. 25 years of console buying and never a shit show like this. Everyone has turned into a reseller it seems and there's all these bots snatching them up for reseller groups. There has to be a way to combat these bots and shit it's stupid that the people who actually want one of these consoles for personal use can't get one because of the resellers.

I'm not seeing anything that says this. If that's the case, it's still a good deal, but not totally free money like we've been thinking.
We use Kohl’s cash all the time. If you wanted to buy $178 worth of stuff, it definitely would be totally free. You would just lose $2. So it’s up to how you spend them.

First time in my life I have not been able to get a new console in the launch window. 25 years of console buying and never a shit show like this.
This is true.

The problem is that everything has gone to online sales. Support your local brick & mortar; Amazon isn't your friend. Retailers were in trouble BEFORE the pandemic, and only more and more stores are going to be closing down permanently.

I'll believe it when I can spend it.
Yep, we'll see on November 28. We already have people saying the vouchers have disappeared from their account.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is true.

The problem is that everything has gone to online sales. Support your local brick & mortar; Amazon isn't your friend. Retailers were in trouble BEFORE the pandemic, and only more and more stores are going to be closing down permanently.

Yep, we'll see on November 28. We already have people saying the vouchers have disappeared from their account.
The vouchers won’t even be on your account until 11/28 (that’s the way Kohl’s cash always works) so there was nothing to “disappear”. But we do already have the Kohl’s cash with a bar code sent via email.

For all the people who were scared of antonline and it's ps5 bundles that were in stock multiple times for hours on end. I just wanna say mine shipped on launch day and I got it 3 days later. Recived everything that was included in my bundles order.

Disc version ps5, demon's souls, spiderman, and extra controller. Considering they didn't charge tax I actually saved money shopping with them.

For all the people who were scared of antonline and it's ps5 bundles that were in stock multiple times for hours on end. I just wanna say mine shipped on launch day and I got it 3 days later. Recived everything that was included in my bundles order.

Disc version ps5, demon's souls, spiderman, and extra controller. Considering they didn't charge tax I actually saved money shopping with them.
Same - don't expect the package to be packed perfectly like a SonyDirect shipment with brown paper carefully; but to that point mine delivered fine on the 17th (AZ from GA) after being received and tracking with no updates for 3 days then showing up. The tax savings alone make up for one of the games in their bundles if you weren't crazy about Spider-Man or Demon Souls....

Just got my cancellation email from Kohl's.  If anyone gets one from them, it'll probably be a miracle at this point.  But I got the Kohl's cash so their loss haha.

I'm expecting an email sent to everyone who had a cancelation email at some point this week.  There is simply no way they can let everyone who has one canceled keep $180 in kohl's cash.  I mean for every 1k orders canceled that is $180k in kohls cash.  That is just stupid amounts of money to give away.

I'm guessing that email will include like $10 or $20 kohl's cash as a consolation for the order cancelation.

We will see though. 

We’ll get to keep our Kohl’s cash. Particularly for all those that got emails with the coupon and barcode already. They give plenty of it away and their hope is that many people forget to spend it or spend more than what they have on other things.

But whatever. I’m not going to argue. Believe what you want to believe. Your loss.

Got the cancellation email, said to keep the Kohl's cash but that has disappeared from my account. I'm throwing in the towel and just gonna let this shit play out. I'm sick of battling with bots over the stock and fuck these resellers. I'll just wait until I can walk into a store and buy one off the shelf. First time in my life I have not been able to get a new console in the launch window. 25 years of console buying and never a shit show like this. Everyone has turned into a reseller it seems and there's all these bots snatching them up for reseller groups. There has to be a way to combat these bots and shit it's stupid that the people who actually want one of these consoles for personal use can't get one because of the resellers.
I must be lucky thus far...I have successfully ordered:

3 PS5s (2 preorders and 1 yesterday from Best Buy), the third PS5 is so I can get rid of my launch one suffering from bad coil noise.

2 Xbox series x (1 on launch day and 1 yesterday)

2 Nintendo game and watches

2 Mario kart live (Mario and Luigi)

FYI I’ve done nearly no scalping. Thay have all been for family and friends. Well I scalped 1 Xbox because at the last minute I was told someone didn’t want it and I was left with the bill. Returns at my Walmart are a nightmare. Lines out the door and limited entry due to COVID. Was easier to sell than return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kohls pulse check: anyone get a shipping notification for their in process order?

I placed a store pickup order for a different item, and even after picking up the order, the website still shows in process which is pretty jank.

I've always had good luck with them. I hear if you have a problem their customer service isn't great, but they are fine most of the time and that's just a rumor. I've gotten a few things including an XBox One X from them.

We’ll get to keep our Kohl’s cash. Particularly for all those that got emails with the coupon and barcode already. They give plenty of it away and their hope is that many people forget to spend it or spend more than what they have on other things.

But whatever. I’m not going to argue. Believe what you want to believe. Your loss.
So you really think they are just going to give out hundreds of thousands of dollars, possibly millions, to people who had a canceled order?

Do you think the local BB where my order for pick-up is would ship the item to me instead? I'm guessing no, especially during all this madness.
No it’s part of their in store stock and not online inventory. Effectively it was assigned to a store.

Just a heads up. This was written in the cancellation email from kohls.

"If you earned any Kohl’s Cash® on this order, it’s yours to keep."
I know, I received the same email.

The email, generally speaking, looks like a canned email sent when any order is canceled.

Happy to hear that people scored Kohl’s credit but want to add this. I earned $75 from a trampoline purchase and struggled for days to find something to buy before it expired. I remember thinking that I wish I didn’t earn the credit because of how much time I spent searching:)

Happy to hear that people scored Kohl’s credit but want to add this. I earned $75 from a trampoline purchase and struggled for days to find something to buy before it expired. I remember thinking that I wish I didn’t earn the credit because of how much time I spent searching:)
I have a Kohl's 5 minutes from me so I won't have any issue spending any amount of Kohl's cash I end up with from this lol.

Agreed. Kohl’s just sells junk most guys don’t need. It’s a place mostly for people with families.

Exactly the same experience with AntOnline here. Received a PS5 Disc version with Demon Souls, Spiderman ultimate launch edition, extra controller and $70 in PS store credit due to the launch title Destruction Allstars being delayed. No sales tax and $10 shipping so it really worked out well saving approximately $60 in taxes. Arrived 3 days after launch day and box was packed well. Also got a Series X bundle from AntOnline and that arrived on actual launch day, again saving approximately $56 in sales tax. The bundle included the Series X console, Elite 2 controller and 3 month Game Pass code. They used UPS for shipping on both consoles.

On a side note, Microsoft store was using Fed Ex and my Series X order from Microsoft was held by Fed Ex and "lost" for nearly 1 week. Still shocked it ever arrived. Microsoft phone rep said they had numerous reports of theft and other issues with their Fed Ex shipments.

Would definitely order from AntOnline again.

You really struggled that hard? They sell clothes, shoes, kitchenware, etc. I would find something in a heartbeat.

bread's done
Back