Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Just imagine all the calls they are going to get over the orders and then emails saying you can keep the cash. Now canceling it all but one lol.

I would not want to work at their customer service right now.

Are there any expected drops before bf?

Also, are there any confirmed stores that will inventory online for bf other than walmart?

Are there any expected drops before bf?

Also, are there any confirmed stores that will inventory online for bf other than walmart?
Gamestop will have at least each of two consoles available at Black Friday in every store. I think stock in bb are gone already. Amazon and target ..I really don't know. People are checking target stock everyday and they may have some luck in finding 1 or 2.

"Dear Valued Kohl's Customer,

Due to extremely high demand, and our limit of one item per customer, we wanted to apologize again that we were unable to fulfill at least one of your Sony PlayStation 5 orders.

Rest assured that you will not be charged for any of the cancelled Sony PlayStation 5 units, and your earned Kohl's Cash for one of these units will still be honored.
We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and we sincerely appreciate you choosing Kohl's as your gifting destination."

Hopefully this shuts up the guy that kept arguing about not getting to keep the Kohl's Cash. The wording does make it seem like you'll only get to keep the Kohl's Cash on one order though.
Blocked.

fuck ing new guy needs to STFU.

You can't even comprehend the replies apparently. The people saying "WE'RE GOING TO WAIT AND SEE" if the Kohl's Cash works on the 28th are not incorrect. There's only two people here with the potential of looking like an asshole and that's you. Boy you better hope that not even a single person here gets their certificate denied after your third, pointlessly condescending reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're actually being sent kitchenware. Congrats! :lol:

Something weird is going on with one of my cancelled orders. It still shows a price (the others show $0.00) and the charge is pending on my Kohl's card (the others disappeared like normal). Not that I expect it to actually show up after being cancelled, just thought it was strange. I'll be curious if the charge posts.
I'm 2/3rds of the way there, and I'm still not counting on it being legit until I can open the box and verify for myself. The Kohl's cash I already have a plan for though, so I'm counting my chickens on that one lol.

Blocked.

You can't even comprehend the replies apparently. The people saying "WE'RE GOING TO WAIT AND SEE" if the Kohl's Cash works on the 28th are not incorrect. There's only two people here with the potential of looking like an asshole and that's you. Boy you better hope that not even a single person here gets denied after your third, pointlessly condescending reply.
Been saying that this entire time

Blocked.

You can't even comprehend the replies apparently. The people saying "WE'RE GOING TO WAIT AND SEE" if the Kohl's Cash works on the 28th are not incorrect. There's only two people here with the potential of looking like an asshole and that's you. Boy you better hope that not even a single person here gets denied after your third, pointlessly condescending reply.
Chill out and go take your meds lol

"Blocked"

"new guy needs to STFU!"

"you can't even comprehend"

"looking like an asshole"

And you're telling people that they are the ones who are "condescending"? You must be a really pleasant person to be around...

Chill out and go take your meds lol

"Blocked"

"new guy needs to STFU!"

"you can't even comprehend"

"looking like an asshole"

And you're telling people that they are the ones who are "condescending"? You must be a really pleasant person to be around...
Love people that walk into a days-old discussion and act like they know what's going on.

Anyone else?

Blocked.

You seem really upset over something that wasn't directed at you. But hey, go on and accuse people of condescending replies after this trash of a post you made.

Borderlands 3 at 4K60fps with HDR is pretty awesome on the PS5.  I'm glad that I waited to play it.  Nvidia is losing out on a bunch of money this season. 

It sure is confusing with installing multiple versions of the game on your SSD though.  You have to toggle over to the PS5 version of the icon to install the PS5 version (from the free next-gen upgrade).  So after a second install, I uninstalled the PS4 version, updated the PS5 game with all of the DLC, and then the game automatically starts to download all of the DLC a second time for the PS4 version again.   You keep having to delete 15-40gb chunks of unwanted PS4 files.

For some titles like BL3 you can hit the 'menu' button and toggle over to switch the game version that you want.  Make sure that if you install a game that you have the PS5 version of the game installed in order to take advantage of its next-gen capabilities.  PS5-compatible version installation seems to work differently on a game-by-game basis. 

borderlands-3-game-switch-toggle.jpg

But now my console keeps installing BL3 (PS4) after every boot-up, so I'm not sure how to permanently cancel it.  Prolly bc the disc has to remain inside in order for you to play the game.  So every time the console boots, it installs the PS4 game from the disc again. 

EDIT:  I guess that this is a recurring problem for everyone, and something that Sony needs to fix in a future update; to halt auto-installation from the disc.  Or else it keeps installing the PS4 version from the disc, and forces you to keep two copies of the game installed, taking up double the space.  

I'm kind of going into this has, if I get a PS5 now that would be great but if not then I can probably wait until the upcoming year when there are more of them available.  I have a pretty good size backlog with some long games in there

There are a few games for PS5 but it just seems like ( no offense ) that the main thing you can do with the PS5 right now is play PS4 games and run Netflix/Hulu which of course I can do with my PS4

Do you all feel this way too?  Was just wondering

I'm kind of going into this has, if I get a PS5 now that would be great but if not then I can probably wait until the upcoming year when there are more of them available. I have a pretty good size backlog with some long games in there

There are a few games for PS5 but it just seems like ( no offense ) that the main thing you can do with the PS5 right now is play PS4 games and run Netflix/Hulu which of course I can do with my PS4

Do you all feel this way too? Was just wondering
Initially, I was trying to buy both next-gen consoles.

However, I too have a nice backlog. PLUS, I've bought like $300 more in games for PS4 and One X. some will get next-gen upgrades, but there's really no rush.

I might try to get a new console over the next few days. Leaning towards series X, but if I don't get either, I won't be too mad.

Any suggestions for Kohl's cash? It says it's only available on the 28th and that's sadly after BF deals.
It’s not available ONLY on the 28th. It’s available 11/28 - 12/9.

This is what kohl’s does. They know what they are doing. Kohl’s cash is usually always good right after big sales.

If you really, really can’t find clothes or shoes or crap electronics to spend your free money on, just get $160 in overpriced k cups.

There's a reddit thread of people who ordered from Costco and folks are flipping out. Sounds like BUNCH of shipment emails are going out tonight since folks that ordered on the 18th are getting notified before most folks that ordered on the 12th. Costco generally does an amazing job taking care of their customers, but I feel once more for the customer service, cuz it sounds like they're getting slammed by nervous redditors from that thread all day and night.

There's a reddit thread of people who ordered from Costco and folks are flipping out. Sounds like BUNCH of shipment emails are going out tonight since folks that ordered on the 18th are getting notified before most folks that ordered on the 12th. Costco generally does an amazing job taking care of their customers, but I feel once more for the customer service, cuz it sounds like they're getting slammed by nervous redditors from that thread all day and night.
I ordered on the 12th and got my shipping notice tonight.

I was able to get the sams one through their app...kept saving for later but eventually went through.  I wanted another controller and Spider-Man anyway so didn’t care it was bundle.  Says arrives by Dec 18th.  Had to pay 12 bucks for shipping (who charges for shipping these days), but I’ll take it.

With my Kohl’s cash, I’ll buy some pants for my son, maybe a Lego set for him for Christmas, and a record or two for my daughter who’s becoming an audiophile.

So is there a consensus for those of us who still have an order in fulfillment status??? Most likely screwed and order is stuck in limbo somehow. Or possibility of Kohl’s waiting till Black Friday to fulfill the orders? Still have the pending Kohl’s cash and pending charge on my credit card so keeping hope Alice.

Just a heads up, brickseek is showing Walmart has inventory of PS5s. I called up to my local store and the girl told me they do have stock but it's only for BF. So, if you see availability on brickseek...don't waste a trip up there today. 

Rumor on Reddit is that target and Best Buy may do another drop today. Targets being regional and some markets not getting any.

No clue on the validity of the rumor. Worth telling y’all

Rumor on Reddit is that target and Best Buy may do another drop today. Targets being regional and some markets not getting any.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing you're talking about in store and not online, correct?

Dang... when there was the discussion here about the Gamestop bundle being overpriced by $10 I brushed it off thinking there was probably some small piece we were missing. Then I got my shipping confirmation yesterday....

Sony DualSense Wireless Controller - QTY: 1 - $70.93
PlayStation 5 HD Camera - QTY: 1 - $60.79
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Launch Edition - QTY: 1 - $50.66
Demon's Souls - QTY: 1 - $70.93
PlayStation 5 - QTY: 1 - $506.68

I'm glad to finally have one secured, and I know the fact that it was a bundle is one of the things that kept scalpers away and allowed me to get it... but it was already bad enough having to buy a $760 bundle when all I wanted was the $400 digital console. Knowing that they also marked up the items I didn't want just makes me extra bitter at Gamestop.

It also makes me wonder, what's keeping them from doing this more? I assumed agreements with the manufacturers kept retail prices locked. But if they're allowed to charge $506.68 for the $499 version of the PS5, I assume the only thing that's keeping them from marking it up more is that they know consumers would tear them apart for adding extra markup... but on an item like this we know it would still sell.

Dang... when there was the discussion here about the Gamestop bundle being overpriced by $10 I brushed it off thinking there was probably some small piece we were missing. Then I got my shipping confirmation yesterday....

I'm glad to finally have one secured, and I know the fact that it was a bundle is one of the things that kept scalpers away and allowed me to get it... but it was already bad enough having to buy a $760 bundle when all I wanted was the $400 digital console. Knowing that they also marked up the items I didn't want just makes me extra bitter at Gamestop.

It also makes me wonder, what's keeping them from doing this more? I assumed agreements with the manufacturers kept retail prices locked. But if they're allowed to charge $506.68 for the $499 version of the PS5, I assume the only thing that's keeping them from marking it up more is that they know consumers would tear them apart for adding extra markup... but on an item like this we know it would still sell.
Part of the bundles cost is a 3 or so dollar fee per item. That’s how gs justifies the practice. It’s a bundling fee. Honestly aside from a small markup these weren’t that bad of bundles. I would keep everything in them. The launch bundles kind of sucked.

Part of the bundles cost is a 3 or so dollar fee per item. That’s how gs justifies the practice. It’s a bundling fee. Honestly aside from a small markup these weren’t that bad of bundles. I would keep everything in them. The launch bundles kind of sucked.
Yeah, a bundling fee for all the extra work they had to do forcing me to buy things I didn't want. The markup leaves a bad taste, but yes in the grand scheme $10 is a small bump to know I have a system secured before the holidays. The bigger bummer is that I was trying to get a digital system but they have been far more elusive so I grabbed what I could get... which included getting the bigger version of the system and two games on disc.

MSRP, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. It's the price that the manufacturer suggest a retail sale at to move products and make a profit. It is not a binding or legal contract, it is just a suggested price. So retailers, if they want can price items at more or even less than the MSRP. If MSRP is strictly enforced a retailer cannot mark down or have sales unless the manufacturer agree to lower their MSRP.

Also, since the items are itemized you can returned them to the store, YMMV if you get certain employees though.

MSRP, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. It's the price that the manufacturer suggest a retail sale at to move products and make a profit. It is not a binding or legal contract, it is just a suggested price. So retailers, if they want can price items at more or even less than the MSRP.

Also, since the items are itemized you can returned them to the store, YMMV if you get certain employees though.
Usually if you break msrp the manufacturer cuts their ad spending or makes you ineligible for volume and prompt pay discounts. Manufactures pay ad fees in the weekly ads. So while it’s a suggested number their are factors in play that limit this practice. Some places like Walmart and Amazon by pass this practice by not showing you the cost till the item is in your cart. It’s a gray area, but ultimately these companies have enough clout to tell manufacturers to f-off.

Yeah, a bundling fee for all the extra work they had to do forcing me to buy things I didn't want. The markup leaves a bad taste, but yes in the grand scheme $10 is a small bump to know I have a system secured before the holidays. The bigger bummer is that I was trying to get a digital system but they have been far more elusive so I grabbed what I could get... which included getting the bigger version of the system and two games on disc.
The digital is such a bad deal when you factor in how cheaply disk games get discounted to. They also get discounted way sooner than on a digital store. Granted probably next generation or the one after will be 100% digital with game codes sold in store being the norm.

My bestbuy order from last week seems to have some activity on it. The progress bar on my order has filled in a little bit and I am now unable to change my order details on the page. Hopefully I get a message saying it’s ready for pickup in the next couple days. Says it’s supposed to be ready Saturday. Been holding my breath seeing all these ones from sams and kohl’s being cancelled.

I was able to pick up an X at Target yesterday. While checking out, the manager said something about starting today they would only be able to sell them online for in store pickup. I assume that would also be the case for ps5's.

My bestbuy order from last week seems to have some activity on it. The progress bar on my order has filled in a little bit and I am now unable to change my order details on the page. Hopefully I get a message saying it’s ready for pickup in the next couple days. Says it’s supposed to be ready Saturday. Been holding my breath seeing all these ones from sams and kohl’s being cancelled.
I think you’re in the all clear. Best Buy hasn’t canceled any orders. I’m picking my ps5 and series x on Saturday. Their was a wait at check to confirm inventory. Surprisingly bb does not limit units sold to 1 in a month. Picking up my second ps5 to get rid of my coil whine unit. Hopefully the next one won’t be so bad.

Kind of off topic but i want to buy the Sony x900h tv for my PS5 but everywhere is sold out except amazon. Should i buy now or wait and see if it goes even cheaper on black friday? Also is the $93 extended 3 year warranty from amazon any good or worth buying?

Kind of off topic but i want to buy the Sony x900h tv for my PS5 but everywhere is sold out except amazon. Should i buy now or wait and see if it goes even cheaper on black friday? Also is the $93 extended 3 year warranty from amazon any good or worth buying?
I would wait for the 2021 models. My brother has that tv. The latest hdmi update is very glitchy.

bread's done
Back