Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Bro they aren't open tomorrow. You waiting 36 hours outside for a PS5?
I want a PS5 but there’s literally nothing worth this

Well maybe first in line at an all Virgins brothel. Just kidding we all know they lied on their application so back to my original statement
[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want a PS5 but there’s literally nothing worth this

Well maybe first in line at an all Virgins brothel. Just kidding we all know they lied on their application so back to my original statement
[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a PS5.

It's definitely not worth this.

Hope all you guys wanting the PS5 get one soon. Just ordered the 85" Sony TV for pickup Monday, had to get it at Best Buy since Costco was out so no 5 year warranty. Just hope I get a good panel with no/little DSE unlike my Vizio P series.

Hope all you guys wanting the PS5 get one soon. Just ordered the 85" Sony TV for pickup Monday, had to get it at Best Buy since Costco was out so no 5 year warranty. Just hope I get a good panel with no/little DSE unlike my Vizio P series.
Panel lottery is the devil.

Best of luck.

When you factor in both people’s time it’s almost worth buying from scalpers....but not really.
Depending on your line of work, that's exactly how it is. For some people it is more solvent to simply buy off ebay than camp websites for one because they would actually lose more money from doing so. That's why the prices are the way they are right now.

A town in my area (Tinley Park)  is banning camping for systems at Sam's Club and GS and they are threatening to block those stores from open if they don't comply

Depending on your line of work, that's exactly how it is. For some people it is more solvent to simply buy off ebay than camp websites for one because they would actually lose more money from doing so. That's why the prices are the way they are right now.
Yeah but it’s 36 hours....premium is 200-600 buck. That’s got to be a weeks pay...and weeks time for the average American.

my order from ps today was cancelled!!It said the payment is not correct but there is payment on the card already, Then give it back. I hate u sony

I'd highly consider getting there geek squad protection. Best in the business honestly. They have a 5 year that covers everything except human error (crack the screen). I had a issue with my A50's last week and they swapped them right out with a new pair. No hassle. I got there 5 year for my OLED in May. It even covers burn in, no other warranty does that.

A town in my area (Tinley Park) is banning camping for systems at Sam's Club and GS and they are threatening to block those stores from open if they don't comply
Oh wow.

The Tinley Best Buy is what I was talking about in my previous post. Huge lines for their PS5 pick-up.

I got mine from Homewood.

Oh wow.

The Tinley Best Buy is what I was talking about in my previous post. Huge lines for their PS5 pick-up.

I got mine from Homewood.
I feel bad finding out there are CAGs on here that are still looking for these near me. I had 2 extras (from being paranoid one of my orders would be canceled) that I gave to co-workers at cost and I would have preferred to help people on here.

I feel bad finding out there are CAGs on here that are still looking for these near me. I had 2 extras (from being paranoid one of my orders would be canceled) that I gave to co-workers at cost and I would have preferred to help people on here.
You still were a decent human being and helped out people instead of trying to profit. If I got my hands on an extra one I would be doing the same thing.

Got an order at walmart for pickup earlier tonight. Got an email for cancellation hours later. Email said due to "exceeding quanity" despite only ordering one. Only ever ordering one. I chatted with CS and they said it was due to stock shortages and that the email reason was system error. Basically they were no help. So annoying. From Sonys flawed Q system to Walmarts sad bot attacks. 0 for 2 today. 

Got an order at walmart for pickup earlier tonight. Got an email for cancellation hours later. Email said due to "exceeding quanity" despite only ordering one. Only ever ordering one. I chatted with CS and they said it was due to stock shortages and that the email reason was system error. Basically they were no help. So annoying. From Sonys flawed Q system to Walmarts sad bot attacks. 0 for 2 today.
Now I'm really worried.

Now I'm really worried.
Agreed, I'm not going to believe it until I see the PS5 in my hands when I pick it up at Walmart next week. So many stories about orders being canceled for various stupid reasons which the customer has little control over.

It's unfortunate that gaming (which should be fun) has become the source of so much frustration for a lot of people in the past couple of weeks.

So update guys on my cancelled PS5 from Walmart. They just sent another email saying my order was canceled in error and that they will be sending another email in 48hrs with instructions on how to pace a new order. Utterly bizarre. Maybe they got overly aggressive cancelling perceived bots because we refreshed like crazy?

Anyways, curious to see how this will work. Anyone else get these emails?

So update guys on my cancelled PS5 from Walmart. They just sent another email saying my order was canceled in error and that they will be sending another email in 48hrs with instructions on how to pace a new order. Utterly bizarre. Maybe they got overly aggressive cancelling perceived bots because we refreshed like crazy?

Anyways, curious to see how this will work. Anyone else get these emails?
That's great to hear! I'm glad Walmart is at least trying to go back and fix some of the cancelation issues unlike other retailers.

There's really no reason why retailers can't put an order in an "on hold" status for 2-3 days to give customers time to contact customer service to sort out whatever issue there is such as payment method, rather than just instantly cancelling it and saying "sorry, too bad".

That's great to hear! I'm glad Walmart is at least trying to go back and fix some of the cancelation issues unlike other retailers.

There's really no reason why retailers can't put an order in an "on hold" status for 2-3 days to give customers time to contact customer service to sort out whatever issue there is such as payment method, rather than just instantly cancelling it and saying "sorry, too bad".
That is what Sony did to me. That's rude. That's unacceptable. Gamestop will do this they will only give you error when checking out which I can accpet. But cancelling my order for nothing is just unacceptable. What is more unacceptable is there is no customer service on thanksgiving day. Just BS.

Do we think that stores are restocking for Black Friday? Haven’t seen Target with stock in ages, maybe they’ve been saving up? Just trying to plan out my strategy for tonight...

My local Gamestops are doing a lottery to buy the systems. Go in on Black Friday grab a ticket leave a name and number. Lottery gets drawn at 6:00PM and the winners get called, go in and show their ID and purchase their console.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Gamestops are doing a lottery to buy the systems. Go in on Black Friday grab a ticket leave a name and number. Lottery gets drawn at 6:00PM and the winners get called, go in and show their ID and purchase their console.
Sounds like a lot of managers and employees friends and family will win. Will piss off campers.

Sounds like a lot of managers and employees friends and family will win. Will piss off campers.
Nah, it'll be fair. I used to work there back in the day and still talk to the manager and district manager pretty frequently. Why does everyone think the worst of gamestop employees? They're not all bad. There is a sign out front of the store that tells people not to camp and to come back during hours on Black Friday for a ticket so if there are any people wasting their time it's their own fault.

Nah, it'll be fair. I used to work there back in the day and still talk to the manager and district manager pretty frequently. Why does everyone think the worst of gamestop employees? They're not all bad. There is a sign out front of the store that tells people not to camp and to come back during hours on Black Friday for a ticket so if there are any people wasting their time it's their own fault.
I worked in retail when in high school. Shit like that happened all the time. Also, gs has horrible business practices. These should be first come first serve as no communication came out about a lottery. People are already camping on YouTube and this forum.

I worked in retail when in high school. Shit like that happened all the time. Also, gs has horrible business practices. These should be first come first serve as no communication came out about a lottery. People are already camping on YouTube and this forum.
The lottery is better than having silly people camp for 36 hours

The lottery is better than having silly people camp for 36 hours
My point is it wasn’t communicated and is a pretty shitty practice as people may not know. I’d be pissed if I camped for no good reason. Most people camping aren’t scalpers they actually want a system to play or as a gift.

My point is it wasn’t communicated and is a pretty shitty practice as people may not know. I’d be pissed if I camped for no good reason. Most people camping aren’t scalpers they actually want a system to play or as a gift.
Like I said, there is a sign for communication. That's all that's needed, and it's definitely noticeable. It also makes more sense than lining up outside for hours on end in cold crappy weather chancing getting sick when there's an ongoing pandemic.

Like I said, there is a sign for communication. That's all that's needed, and it's definitely noticeable. It also makes more sense than lining up outside for hours on end in cold crappy weather chancing getting sick when there's an ongoing pandemic.
If they really cared they wouldn’t do stupid bundles with meaningless markups and would up their a-game with regards to their online store. Ultimately I can’t defend this company or it’s practices. This should be communicated in the ads and online. I’m sure shitty stores didn’t put a sign up. People were lining up yesterday.

Let’s face it GameStop is a shit company....losing money month over month when gaming is at an all time high...kind of can’t defend their practices at all.

Wonder if there’s any chance of getting our pick up consoles at Walmart earlier? Would be nice if those messages about by Dec. 2 were just generic and they might even already have them. Could see them not wanting people to do instore pick up before Saturday with the BF sales through.

If they really cared they wouldn’t do stupid bundles with meaningless markups and would up their a-game with regards to their online store. Ultimately I can’t defend this company or it’s practices. This should be communicated in the ads and online. I’m sure shitty stores didn’t put a sign up. People were lining up yesterday.

Let’s face it GameStop is a shit company....losing money month over month when gaming is at an all time high...kind of can’t defend their practices at all.
I don't know if you misread what he said, but he said his LOCAL Gamestops are doing this. He didn't claim all of them are doing it. I'm sure a bunch aren't doing lottery systems and people are camping out at those.

If you are camping out at a store that has a sign on their door stating they are doing a lottery, then you deserve to be sitting out in the cold overnight.

Wonder if there’s any chance of getting our pick up consoles at Walmart earlier? Would be nice if those messages about by Dec. 2 were just generic and they might even already have them. Could see them not wanting people to do instore pick up before Saturday with the BF sales through.
Most stores close customer service/store-pickup for BF weekend.

Where did you hear that?

Sounds right though as I just searched on their site and literally nothing is available for pickup. Or I wonder if that is because the stores are closed right now too?
Past experience shopping during BF. Target and Best Buy wouldn't have those areas open during the weekend. It's possible that is different this year because of COVID but who knows.

bread's done
Back