Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Sony should have just made it available to all users. I know they were doing it to sell PS5s. But does anyone really think that is a major factor in whether they were going to get one? Not like everyone can even get one.

Just make it an overall benefit of PS+.

Seems like people were abusing it and selling access to get the games and there’s no way they can tell that you didn’t sell access so now everyone who did it gets banned
https://www.psu.com/news/report-multiple-psn-accounts-are-being-banned-for-selling-access-to-the-playstation-plus-collection-to-ps4-users/
Yeah. I heard that too. I didn't do it for profit. I did it for my friends for free. Sony didn't say we can't claim it on ps5 and then play it on ps4. Many website also reports that if u have a friend with ps5, he can help u claim those games for free. I understand people think I deserve this but banning ps5 from Psn Network is a little too much.

Kinda thought someone would release stock today at 9et / 6pt, but no dice... Got a feeling this is just gonna devolve into some random times tomorrow across a bunch of sites...

Nice! How early did you get the order in? Kohl's kept me in limbo for a few days before cancelling :(. At least the wifey gets the $180 Kohl's cash though (please don't start an argument whether this will work or not).

This thread's been down so many ratholes, I've lost count. Some have been entertaining though :)
A few seconds past 00:03 CST. I honestly think Kohl’s was doing some combo of “time of order” and lottery amongst that lot. I’ve seen several posts on here that reporting ordering around the same time but the order was canceled.

Local walmarts still showing stock. Does that mean it will go live on the website for local pickups tonight or is that for walk ins tomorrow?

Wow, I lucked out!! My Kohl’s order actually went through. Got a shipping email 5 days later!! I was able to get through PS Direct yesterday too!

Lucky!!!! I still have one order in fulfillment status that Kohl’s is torturing me with since Sunday, trying to remain hopeful it will actually ship

Just so you guys know, Meijer's website has been trash for years. This year is the first time you could order anything online. keep that in mind. 

Just so you guys know, Meijer's website has been trash for years. This year is the first time you could order anything online. keep that in mind.
Yeah this que won’t matter this site is going to crash. Should be in the site in 11 mins.

I logged in and have had my pc ready for hours.

I think I have bypassed the queue entirely.

Interestingly, if I open another browser page to Meijer, it shows an item in my cart that I can't see or get info on...

Camping out at Walmart

GameStop has guys who have been waiting since Wednesday for only two consoles

Walmart has 6+ from the stock checker I saw

It’s worth a shot

Camping out at Walmart

GameStop has guys who have been waiting since Wednesday for only two consoles

Walmart has 6+ from the stock checker I saw

It’s worth a shot
The 6 could be yesterday’s drop. Each store had 6 or more units and they would likely only be sold online not instore. Would camp out at home and look at the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony should have just made it available to all users. I know they were doing it to sell PS5s. But does anyone really think that is a major factor in whether they were going to get one? Not like everyone can even get one.

Just make it an overall benefit of PS+.
Yeah, they opened the door to abuse and even 'selling' the games to others. That's why they got their PS5 banned because it would be very easy to charge a service fee to any PS4 owner, say $5, to unlock 20 games. Either they did only do it once and got caught in that net of bans, or they were doing as stated to deserve themselves a ban.

Agreed it should be a benefit to all PS+ users since the service is shitastic anyway. That's why it's always 50% or more off now.

The random assignment is totally fair if the site is this much of a shit show. Honestly will limit bots.

The random assignment is totally fair if the site is this much of a shit show. Honestly will limit bots.
TBH the way websites have been running, it might as well have been a lottery at that point of who actually could get through lol.

Doesn't sound like the issue is purchasing a PS5....it's that they are trying to get free games without purchasing a PS5.
I was planning on doing it for my friends too. They either can not find one like myself or can not afford one at the moment. They do plan on getting one though, I don't know how long this will last, but I am tired of Sony doing limited time crap like this. Especially the situation with the new consoles and how hard it is to get at retail price.

I was planning on doing it for my friends too. They either can not find one like myself or can not afford one at the moment. They do plan on getting one though, I don't know how long this will last, but I am tired of Sony doing limited time crap like this. Especially the situation with the new consoles and how hard it is to get at retail price.
I believe it is safe to help 1 or 2 friends. But if the amount is larger than 50, then it is a ban.

I believe it is safe to help 1 or 2 friends. But if the amount is larger than 50, then it is a ban.
I agree, my wife and kid have an account but play the games I own. I feel for the families who get banned for this though.

Edit- I also think they should of waited to do this until more people had a chance to own a console. Maybe an early next year thing after the holidays are over.

I agree, my wife and kid have an account but play the games I own. I feel for the families who get banned for this though.

Edit- I also think they should of waited to do this until more people had a chance to own a console. Maybe an early next year thing after the holidays are over.
My friends just feel Sony may cut off this ps collection thing in any time. For example, when people don't have to queue for a ps5. It may be an incentive for people to buy the new console but my friend who will stay on ps4 for a while actually take advantage of this thing. So maybe that's why Sony is not happy about that. My friend call Sony yesterday, the representative said it is an order from superior and the ban will lift on 1/25 but the console will be banned forever. So I guess I am the only one lost something.

I’m still confused how you got banned. Did you share your account with other people and the downloaded and played the games on a different ps4/5?

I’m still confused how you got banned. Did you share your account with other people and the downloaded and played the games on a different ps4/5?
I didn't share my account. I logged in my friend's account on my Ps5 and claim all the ps collection games. That's what I did. But I did this for 150+friends in the same group chat and I did all those things like a week ago. Nothing happened. Yesterday my friend told me that his account was temporarily banned from psn. So I went to check mine, found out both the console and the account are banned.

Something weird going on with the listing on the ps5 and x through walmarts app. The listing not there but it's saved in my cart. Gives an error when trying to access. This and the restock at walmart today may be something. Probably not but who knows.

I was assigned place 44k ish at mejier. Probably a no go.
Gamestop has at least 2 ps5 per store tomorrow. There are 5509 stores from what goggle told me. That is 11018 units total and that is the minimum they would have at least. Meijers has been quiet about all this so who knows. Probably a longshot but I'll give it a chance. What I am trying to say is that im hoping Meijer has Gamestop ps5 numbers.

Plus factor in people leaving the que due to sleep, work breaking being over/gets busy, and other factors. Plus the longer we wait, I am sure some people will give up ahead of you.

I didn't share my account. I logged in my friend's account on my Ps5 and claim all the ps collection games. That's what I did. But I did this for 150+friends in the same group chat and I did all those things like a week ago.
Alright 150 people is definitely a stupid move on your part.

[quote name="Derrick1979" post="14353477" timestamp="1606457997"]

the line is over 300k right now WTF are people in line for?[/quote
There is a separate line for ps5. It’s paused.

bread's done
Back