Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Got up at 6:30am this morning and checked two Walmarts for PS5's...no dice. 

But I found Xboxes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating on stopping by a few Walmarts myself. Brick seek shows limited stock in a few in my area. Anyone have any luck with brick seek?
I’ve had luck with Arcade1ups but not with ps5. I’m also not going to go to a store to buy one, I’ll just wait.

Limited stock usually means none.

I will say that the Walmart I went to Saturday that said 6+ then said 0 the following morning. They definitely got a bunch in but were being held for online orders. So that time was actually accurate.

Pretty sure when Adorama said "stock is limited", what they meant was "we found two systems in the warehouse, dance for our amusement". Called a few local wal-mart stores, no stock. Back to the wait, I guess.

Fair point, but I was a little wary about leaving work mid-morning and coming back empty handed. Guess I'd better suck it up and drive out there. 

Yeah, the scams on FB were getting crazy in the last week. Evidently people falling for them, as there was at least one “This Ad is a Scam I fell for” type posts. Never send money ahead of time.

1- 34k listings doesn’t mean there’s 34k legitimate ps5’s for sale. Lots of fake and scam listings

2- Christmas is coming

3- never underestimate people with money
Also of those listing how many aren’t for pie in the sky buy it now numbers...probably a whole bunch of people trying to get $1200+

4- never underestimate the soccer mom, especially when she has money. Or the “I don’t have time for this (even though you do, ya just lazy!) type of person.

I’ve helped a few people get a system or other device that they “didn’t have time for” or “couldn’t for the life of me find one” when I was able to find one with little to no effort. Seriously- people will pay extra to have to do zero work. It’s quite sad.

1- 34k listings doesn’t mean there’s 34k legitimate ps5’s for sale. Lots of fake and scam listings

2- Christmas is coming

3- never underestimate people with money

4- never underestimate the soccer mom, especially when she has money. Or the “I don’t have time for this (even though you do, ya just lazy!) type of person.

I’ve helped a few people get a system or other device that they “didn’t have time for” or “couldn’t for the life of me find one” when I was able to find one with little to no effort. Seriously- people will pay extra to have to do zero work. It’s quite sad.
Depending on how much you make spending time looking for a console is actually wasting money. There is an opportunity cost to hunting down a console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on how much you make spending time looking for a console is actually wasting money. There is an opportunity cost to hunting down a console.

Exactly I tried explaining that to someone who wanted to wait 36 hours for one. If you made an average wage of $15 bucks an he your time is worth that premium. The more you make the more that premium is justified.

Exactly I tried explaining that to someone who wanted to wait 36 hours for one. If you made an average wage of $15 bucks an he your time is worth that premium. The more you make the more that premium is justified.
Most people have no concept of opportunity cost. Also time becomes more of a premium the older you get and if you have a family. You can make more money. You can’t buy time.

I’m not suggesting waiting outside for 2 days to get a console. That’s just stupid. Unless you find that fun. You do you. A friend asked my to camp when the Wii came out. I don’t recall if we went overnight or just super early in the morning. We had a really fun time. Those were different times though.

I’m saying there’s people out there that if it takes more than 5 minutes to do something or look for something, they won’t do it.

I was able to get 2 X’s (one for me, one for a cousin for her kids) just buy checking here or other sites every once in awhile. I’ve spent maybe an hour of my time total looking for a ps5.

Most people have no concept of opportunity cost. Also time becomes more of a premium the older you get and if you have a family. You can make more money. You can’t buy time.

Opportunity cost is a real thing, you’re right there. Can I afford a $800 or $1200 PS5? Yes. Would I ever pay that? Hell no. I’ll wait until I come across one at retail.

I’m not suggesting waiting outside for 2 days to get a console. That’s just stupid. Unless you find that fun. You do you. A friend asked my to camp when the Wii came out. I don’t recall if we went overnight or just super early in the morning. We had a really fun time. Those were different times though.

I’m saying there’s people out there that if it takes more than 5 minutes to do something or look for something, they won’t do it.

I was able to get 2 X’s (one for me, one for a cousin for her kids) just buy checking here or other sites every once in awhile. I’ve spent maybe an hour of my time total looking for a ps5.

Opportunity cost is a real thing, you’re right there. Can I afford a $800 or $1200 PS5? Yes. Would I ever pay that? Hell no. I’ll wait until I come across one at retail.
You’re being rational. The opportunity cost isn’t worth it to you. Totally get that. Just think spending 36 hrs is not worth anyone’s time that had a job or family.

there are nearly 34k ps5 listings on ebay... I see many returns in the future.
Under "Console" categories it's more like 10K listings. And eBay has sold at least 45K listings but I'm not even sure how far that goes back if it includes preorders. There aren't going to be a lot of returns on the PS5. Not through January at least.

Walmart was no good, but brickseek now says most of them are out of stock. I guess the good thing is they show stock again it shouldn’t be the online orders and instead actually purchasable.

Best Buy continues to be worthless. I’m close to just canceling the delayed order to be done with it.

Walmart was no good, but brickseek now says most of them are out of stock. I guess the good thing is they show stock again it shouldn’t be the online orders and instead actually purchasable.

Best Buy continues to be worthless. I’m close to just canceling the delayed order to be done with it.
Don’t cancel it. Just wait. Cancel it once you have a ps5 in hand. Also try asking your Best Buy when they will have it. Might just be on route.

PS5 from Kohl's arrived just now. Can confirm it's legit. At any rate, it did come with a controller and charging stand, neither of which I need so going to return the charging stand I bought at Target and going to tell Kohl's the controller is defective for a refund (since I couldn't even find a listing for it on their website so they'll have to take it back).

Hopefully for anyone else still in limbo it gets shipped eventually!

Z39K72m.jpg

PS5 from Kohl's arrived just now. Can confirm it's legit. Would post a picture but Imgur is being garbage about uploads for some reason; keeps erroring out. At any rate, it did come with a controller and charging stand, neither of which I need so going to return the charging stand I bought at Target and going to tell Kohl's the controller is defective for a refund (since I couldn't even find a listing for it on their website so they'll have to take it back).

Hopefully for anyone else still in limbo it gets shipped eventually!
Too bad both my Kohls orders were canceled. But did end up with $360 in Kohls cash and got a free Gaming office chair out of it.

Seeing that I’m still waiting for the pickup email from Walmart for my 11/25 PS5 order, I hope not
Word on the street is they are going alphabetical order. My friend who is in another state than me said he went today and just picked his up but they were notifying people up to K to pick them up. He was after that and got his.

I have been trying to call the Walmart i got my XSX at on the 25th and 5 times no one ahs picked up after like 5-6 minutes. It's like 40 minutes away right now with traffic so I'm not going to just go and hope they have it for me unless i know for sure they do.

My last name starts with S so I'm guessing I'll get the email Wednesday to pick it up.

Word on the street is they are going alphabetical order. My friend who is in another state than me said he went today and just picked his up but they were notifying people up to K to pick them up. He was after that and got his.

I have been trying to call the Walmart i got my XSX at on the 25th and 5 times no one ahs picked up after like 5-6 minutes. It's like 40 minutes away right now with traffic so I'm not going to just go and hope they have it for me unless i know for sure they do.

My last name starts with S so I'm guessing I'll get the email Wednesday to pick it up.
Thanks for the info - my last name starts with M and the store is on the other side of town so I’ll keep trying to be patient

Yeah, I got my PS5 preorder yesterday and the alphabetical order thing is what my local Walmart manager said. My last name starts with B so was lucky enough to get in early. Hope the rest of you with instore pickups get yours soon!

If you make $300k per year with no time, and little billy REALLY NEEDS a PS5, $1k isn’t that much to you. And also you’re a terrible parent.
What if little billy is a great kid with great grades and you want to reward him for all his hard work? Oh and you happen to love billy?

Anyone know if Walmart just updates their in store pickups for these like once a day?  I've been refreshing all day hoping to see a change but that's probably a waste of time huh.

What if little billy is a great kid with great grades and you want to reward him for all his hard work? Oh and you happen to love billy?

Tough luck Billy, the stock market is making too much to waste money overpaying for anything. He will be happy with whatever he gets this year, and will get a ps5 next year.

Then I’d teach little billy about NEED be WANT, about how system launches during a holiday during a pandemic work, and about retail vs scalping.

And I wouldn’t get little billy a $500 console (let alone a $1000 one) as a present. He’d live.

Then I’d teach little billy about NEED be WANT, about how system launches during a holiday during a pandemic work, and about retail vs scalping.

And I wouldn’t get little billy a $500 console (let alone a $1000 one) as a present. He’d live.
Y’all are harsh. Lol.

Tough luck Billy, the stock market is making too much to waste money overpaying for anything. He will be happy with whatever he gets this year, and will get a ps5 next year.
Lol so true scalping and video game investing is the most neckbeard way to make a living. *Buy and selling as a means of enjoyment excluded.

Yeah, I got my PS5 preorder yesterday and the alphabetical order thing is what my local Walmart manager said. My last name starts with B so was lucky enough to get in early. Hope the rest of you with instore pickups get yours soon!
My last name starts with A and I got a pickup notice yesterday morning.

Thanks for the info! Good to hear that Walmart actually has them in stock. I guess I should be getting an email tomorrow or Wednesday :D/

bread's done
Back