Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Hooked a buddy's cousin up with a Series X over the weekend for retail. One would think that the gaming gods would let me in a fucking PS5 queue one out of 20 attempts just because it is the console I want for myself. Was in that fucking queue again for over an hour and sold out lol

I can't catch a break when it comes to getting one of these. I've been waiting in the queue on Playstation Direct for over an hour.
PS Direct is the worst. Having a queue sounded much better at first compared to websites that just crash from too many people accessing them, but in reality you just wait for hours just to get the "sorry, we're sold out" message.

You'll be much better off trying with retailers like Walmart. At least they won't waste your time.

Has anyone who placed a Gamestop Order for a PS5 Bundle on 11/24/20 received shipping information yet for the item? Mine has been stuck on processing order "preparing for shipping" So I called and they said it has shipped & I should receive it on Thursday.

Picked up my Best buy order today! Check the actual order status. It's been ready but I never got an email.
Any idea if Best Buy is like Walmart and has systems days early and even if your status doesn't say it's ready, some of them will give it out?

Or are they pretty accurate with the order status if you check your account?

My one order from Friday I believe says it will be ready Wednesday but if it has a chance of being ready now I may run there since it's like 10 mins away.

I swear, I have the worst luck. Just saw the Sony Direct queue. I'm sure I'm way too late...
If you’re not in with 1 min of the queue opening then it’s a no go. When mejier had a queue it had a counter. Something like 1/2 a million people were trying to get a ps5 from a small regional retailer like mejier.

I’m sure ps direct has even more buyers in queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on the PS Direct page and refreshed frequently today, but nothing. So I decided to call it a day and get some sleep.

Now I find out that they went live like an hour after I called it quits. FML.

I was on the PS Direct page and refreshed frequently today, but nothing. So I decided to call it a day and get some sleep.

Now I find out that they went live like an hour after I called it quits. FML.
I’ve had the best luck at Best Buy and Walmart. Ps direct gets slammed if you’re not in the queue in the first minute or two.

I’ve had the best luck at Best Buy and Walmart. Ps direct gets slammed if you’re not in the queue in the first minute or two.
I hope to try Best Buy, as Walmart has been bad for me. I've had multiple instances of checking out at Walmart only for the site to crash or it go out of stock.

FYI about the Kohl's bundles: they literally created a SKU for this that doesn't reflect any of the UPCs because they didn't even bother putting them in the system. It's why you can't find PS5 consoles, controllers or charging stands via search because they don't carry it otherwise. Even if I had the PS5 in front of them to return, there's nothing to scan since the SKU is of the bundle itself. They told me that I'd have to outright contact the manufacturer for any defective merchandise since they couldn't return the controller via scan, and the same would apply to the entire bundle.

So, hopefully nobody does get a broken PS5 from this bundle or else Kohl's will tell you you're SOL for getting any money back.

FYI about the Kohl's bundles: they literally created a SKU for this that doesn't reflect any of the UPCs because they didn't even bother putting them in the system. It's why you can't find PS5 consoles, controllers or charging stands via search because they don't carry it otherwise. Even if I had the PS5 in front of them to return, there's nothing to scan since the SKU is of the bundle itself. They told me that I'd have to outright contact the manufacturer for any defective merchandise since they couldn't return the controller via scan, and the same would apply to the entire bundle.

So, hopefully nobody does get a broken PS5 from this bundle or else Kohl's will tell you you're SOL for getting any money back.

just filed a dispute with your bank. Make Kohls go through the hassle of returning it to Sony. Not you fault they can't bother to properly do inventory for items they sell.

just filed a dispute with your bank. Make Kohls go through the hassle of returning it to Sony. Not you fault they can't bother to properly do inventory for items they sell.
A dispute would refund the entire purchase, which I'm not trying to do. It's just the $70 controller that I'm trying to offload since the only reason I'd see getting another controller for the system is if I really like the color scheme. At this point, I'll probably just sell it to offset the bundle cost if I can.

A dispute would refund the entire purchase, which I'm not trying to do. It's just the $70 controller that I'm trying to offload since the only reason I'd see getting another controller for the system is if I really like the color scheme. At this point, I'll probably just sell it to offset the bundle cost if I can.
No, you can dispute a specific amount.

No, you can dispute a specific amount.
Interesting. Well either way, not a good enough reason to dispute since what I was trying to do goes against the concept of a bundle anyway. It was more a FYI for all two of us on here that actually got the bundle shipped heh. This is why I never shop at Kohl's, unless it's something extreme like a sold out console.

I did find out they sell some pretty top shelf board games like Wingspan and Terraforming Mars however. Thinking I'll pick up the latter once they roll out the $30 Kohl's Rewards I earned from buying the PS5.

Hm, rumors are going around that Target may have some today due to Mystore and Popfindr showing stock for some locations.

Guess we'll see.

For INSTORE PICK UP only I am guessing. No walkins.
Seems that way. Apparently some stores had 20+ people in line. Its being reported that people are being turned away as they are for online orders. With that said, some managers are saying they do indeed have them in stock.

Possible online drop this week, or at least possible online orders for pickup this week.

I saw Popfindr show stock yesterday, and watched the Target app until about 2am ET.  They never became available for pickup at the 3 stores that got stock around me.

I did find out they sell some pretty top shelf board games like Wingspan and Terraforming Mars however. Thinking I'll pick up the latter once they roll out the $30 Kohl's Rewards I earned from buying the PS5.
Both are fantastic choices. Wingspan gets a slight bit more of a nod from me if you have lighter gaming family members.

My conversation with a scumy fake ps5 eBay seller...I reported it to eBay didn’t do shit.[attachment=35010:8C3D0111-7BA6-495D-9F6D-4D236454DD8E.jpeg]

I read an article yesterday about people selling PS5 PICTURES on eBay. Supposedly eBay taking those down.

I hate people.
Absolutely horrible. There needs to be some type of legislation. I would suggest a law that any product that has been released can only go up for auction after 120 days AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE DATE. This would put a HUGE DENT in the scalping industry.

Thoughts

Absolutely horrible. There needs to be some type of legislation. I would suggest a law that any product that has been released can only go up for auction after 120 days AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE DATE. This would put a HUGE DENT in the scalping industry.

Thoughts
Well eBay likes money so why would they do that?

Thoughts
You want a law against capitalism? Don't get me wrong, misleading a buyer into buying a box is ridiculous. However, if people weren't willing to pay the inflated scalping prices, there wouldn't be money to be made. The people dumb enough to pay 2-3x retail for anything are a big part of the problem.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the thought of the government playing parent and guardian to the adults that live in the country to the point that we aren't allowed to sell things unless they're "x" amount or it's been "y" days is fucking awful and terrifying. And I say this as someone that has still not been able to secure one of these damn things. 

I read an article yesterday about people selling PS5 PICTURES on eBay. Supposedly eBay taking those down.

I hate people.
Wow. I've seen people tricking with boxes, but not photos. Crazy they post the boxes of not only the PS5, but of the controller, game, etc. What's funny though is the people who are inflating those prices....some of them have 0 or 1 feedback. They are trolling the seller and never pay.

Thoughts
I think that upwards of half the country is working with some sort of mental deficiency where they think they get to make up their own rules and create their own narratives for reality. Social responsibility is at an all-time low. People can't tell the difference between facts, their rights, and fiction anymore. I used to think it was the younger, entitled, special snowflake generations that always had to get their way no matter what. But I've come to learn that it's older people too.

It doesn't help when your elected officials lie and spread disinformation daily on a consistent basis, and encourage acceptance for spreading falsities, conspiracies, and "the world and the truth are whatever you think they are".

Thoughts
nobody is gonna implement that shit. come on now. how is ebay gonna enforce that?

I agree that people selling boxes (although there are legitimate reasons for only selling the box) and pictures trying to fool people are scumbags and ebay should ban their accounts after a violation.

You want a law against capitalism? Don't get me wrong, misleading a buyer into buying a box is ridiculous. However, if people weren't willing to pay the inflated scalping prices, there wouldn't be money to be made. The people dumb enough to pay 2-3x retail for anything are a big part of the problem.
I think being "dumb" depends on the context. People living paycheck to paycheck and overpaying for a PS5 (or even buying it at retail price) is a dumb financial decision, especially during these uncertain times for the economy.

If it's someone wealthy who doesn't have time to be sitting all day sitting in front of a computer hitting the refresh button to get a PS5, then I think it's money well spent since time is money, and their opportunity cost is very high. In this case I would just see it as paying a service fee for someone else to deal with securing a PS5 since we've all seen how frustrating and time consuming it is.

Also as an unrelated side note, Sony and Microsoft sell consoles at a loss, so paying more than the retail price up to a certain point is not really "overpaying" since you get what you pay for in hardware (although paying 2-3x the retail price is definitely overpaying if you compare it to manufacturing cost).

I agree with you that the government shouldn't get involved in the reselling of products, as long as it is a non-essential product like a PS5. No one is going to die or suffer from not being able to play games. Some people are overreacting as if scalpers are taking away access to affordable food, water and medicine lol

Both the sellers, and buyers who fall for that shit, are really stupid people.
The seller is the problem not the buyer. For all we know the buyer could be an older person getting taken advantage of or a person where English is their second language.

I hate people.
They are not and I even reported it. They left it up. I think they’re only pulling down the PlayStation as a picture seller. This why I don’t sell to people with low or no feed back or buy from people like that. This guy though has 230 feedback. I’m sure most of them are from fake penny auctions.

The seller is the problem not the buyer. For all we know the buyer could be an older person getting taken advantage of or a person where English is their second language.
I'm less willing to give people a pass for being dumb or making a mistake; accountability goes both ways. The seller is obviously the scummy one there, but thick headed smooth brains that enable the behavior aren't making things any better. On the plus side, eBay seems to be flooded with troll accounts right now that are bidding things up to then never pay, so the sellers aren't having the easiest time of it either.

I'm less willing to give people a pass for being dumb or making a mistake; accountability goes both ways. The seller is obviously the scummy one there, but thick headed smooth brains that enable the behavior aren't making things any better. On the plus side, eBay seems to be flooded with troll accounts right now that are bidding things up to then never pay, so the sellers aren't having the easiest time of it either.
I delete everyone’s bids that are new users. I then block them as a buyer. Just need to be on top of it. If they pay anyway other than PayPal I wait till the money clears in my account.

I agree the seller is a problem, but you have to be really stupid to fall for something like that, especially when there are 30k+ other legit listings out there.

There are not 30k PS5 console listing on eBay. Do people even know how to use the filter option?
30k, 3k, my point stands. There are tons of legit listings if you want one. There is a reason the listing for a PS5 Box or Picture is hundreds less than the rest of listings.

As the old saying goes, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

bread's done
Back