Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Sony and Microsoft asked retailers to sell online only due to COVID. Only Walmart has broken that gentleman’s agreement. They let store managers make the call. Ultimately Walmart is big enough to do what it wants...like start preorders 1 day before Sony said to...which caused everyone else to follow...,creating the shit show that was ps5 launch.
Guess I will have to check it out tomorrow then. If they sell me one, they sell me one. If they do not, I will just wait till after Christmas. I can put the money towards my freshwater shrimp tanks.

Guess I will have to check it out tomorrow then. If they sell me one, they sell me one. If they do not, I will just wait till after Christmas. I can put the money towards my freshwater shrimp tanks.
May drop today as well. Leaked image showed 12/3 but most retailers want to turn inventory as soon as they get it.

May drop today as well. Leaked image showed 12/3 but most retailers want to turn inventory as soon as they get it.
Ill check popfinder in the morning tomorrow, if they are gone, they are gone. Tired of searching for a PS5, and i'm also tired of COVID and hearing about it too. I was exposed to all kinds of crap in Iraq, COVID would be like a skinny white kid going to prison if it entered my body. :rofl:

Ill check popfinder in the morning tomorrow, if they are gone, they are gone. Tired of searching for a PS5, and i'm also tired of COVID and hearing about it too. I was exposed to all kinds of crap in Iraq, COVID would be like a skinny white kid going to prison if it entered my body. :rofl:
Lol thanks for your service!!!! If I find another ps5 will try to help you out!!!

Walmart said that we have to call a special "number" for black friday orders. Wasn't able to check if they already have my PS5 that's supposed to be "ready" by tomorrow.

edit

I mean they said that there's supposed to be an email sent by walmart that will have a number we have to call for the black friday item.
Picked up my PS5 from Walmart last night - went to the regular pickup area and called the number and was told I had to go by the lawn and garden section and call the number on the sign over there - went over to l&g and called the number six times and no one ever answered so ended up calling the guy in regular pickup back and he walked over to give me my console - a bit of a clusterf*ck but i have it

Oh and the check in thing on the app/website does nothing, you still have to call

Sony and Microsoft asked retailers to sell online only due to COVID. Only Walmart has broken that gentleman’s agreement. They let store managers make the call. Ultimately Walmart is big enough to do what it wants...like start preorders 1 day before Sony said to...which caused everyone else to follow...,creating the shit show that was ps5 launch.
It’s a regional thing I think. I know of 3 local targets that have sold in store. Both ps5 and xsx.

Picked up my PS5 from Walmart last night - went to the regular pickup area and called the number and was told I had to go by the lawn and garden section and call the number on the sign over there - went over to l&g and called the number six times and no one ever answered so ended up calling the guy in regular pickup back and he walked over to give me my console - a bit of a clusterf*ck but i have it

Oh and the check in thing on the app/website does nothing, you still have to call
Nice

Lol thanks for your service!!!! If I find another ps5 will try to help you out!!!
Thank you, no worries though because shipping is too much now a days.

It’s a regional thing I think. I know of 3 local targets that have sold in store. Both ps5 and xsx.
Ok, I think I may be good then. I live close to the south so things are a bit more laid back then the west coast were I am originally from.

Last edited by a moderator:
- a bit of a clusterf*ck but i have it
Sounds to me like Walmart in general. I HATE going there. Pickup in the one store close to me (in a nice area) is usually painless. I won’t go shopping around there ever. The other one close to me (also in a nice area) doesn’t answer their phones. Ever. I did a grocery pickup there (only because Walmart sells banging queso dip) and no one ever came out. Called the number multiple times and no one ever answered. Had to get out of the car and flag someone down. Tried calling the store a few times from home later and again no one ever answered.

Sounds to me like Walmart in general. I HATE going there. Pickup in the one store close to me (in a nice area) is usually painless. I won’t go shopping around there ever. The other one close to me (also in a nice area) doesn’t answer their phones. Ever. I did a grocery pickup there (only because Walmart sells banging queso dip) and no one ever came out. Called the number multiple times and no one ever answered. Had to get out of the car and flag someone down. Tried calling the store a few times from home later and again no one ever answered.
I avoid that place with a passion. Thank god I have a Sam's club membership, less people of Walmart there.

I avoid that place with a passion. Thank god I have a Sam's club membership, less people of Walmart there.
Isn’t sams owned by Walmart though?

We’ve got targets nearby and o how I do love me some target. There’s a Costco nearby too.

Walmart has to be something amazing (queso cheese or a $75 Arcade1up cabinet) for me to set foot in there. I’d get a ps5 from there if I can, but o pay for pickup.

For all the previous talk about picture scams on eBay (people just selling pictures of ps5s), I saw one in the description that said the regular “this is for a picture of a PS5”, but then it added “normal people stay away, this is for botters”.  It was a regular price buy it now.  I don’t think they are some kind of righteous anti-botter avenger, I’m sure a scum bag scammer like the rest, but is there something to that?  Only way this could screw with botter scripts would be if it included eBay.  Probably just a distortion they came up with to keep doing something they know is wrong and discourage nasty messages.

For all the previous talk about picture scams on eBay (people just selling pictures of ps5s), I saw one in the description that said the regular “this is for a picture of a PS5”, but then it added “normal people stay away, this is for botters”. It was a regular price buy it now. I don’t think they are some kind of righteous anti-botter avenger, I’m sure a scum bag scammer like the rest, but is there something to that? Only way this could screw with botter scripts would be if it included eBay. Probably just a distortion they came up with to keep doing something they know is wrong and discourage nasty messages.
Real question: what is the benefit of having a bot bid on a fake listing?

I think he’s messing with you? ***edit, I guess not. I thought that was the joke.

COVID would be like a skinny white kid going to prison if it entered my body. :rofl:
Think you mean a rich white kid? I don’t see how body type would have anything to do with someone’s prison sentence.

​Confucius, on 02 Dec 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

Real question: what is the benefit of having a bot bid on a fake listing?

***Not sure how to quote again in an edit...it was a buy it now at regular PS5 price

I think he’s messing with you?

Think you mean a rich white kid? I don’t see how body type would have anything to do with someone’s prison sentence.
FYI skinny white guys get turned in prison. A rich who’re kid can pay for protection. #prison life

We’ve got targets nearby and o how I do love me some target. There’s a Costco nearby too.

Walmart has to be something amazing (queso cheese or a $75 Arcade1up cabinet) for me to set foot in there. I’d get a ps5 from there if I can, but o pay for pickup.
It is, but the clientele is much better.

FYI skinny white guys get turned in prison. A rich who’re kid can pay for protection. #prison life
I took it to mean in and out really quick, which I’ve never heard applied to skinny people. So the joke is that COVID would “turn” (as in turn gay?) really quick if it entered his body? His body would beat it into submission with ease and make it his b*tch? Can’t say that’s my usual type of humor, and I don’t think that’s really what was meant, but think I get it more now.

Regardless, thanks for your service as well.

I took it to mean in and out really quick, which I’ve never heard applied to skinny people. So the joke is that COVID would turn gay really quick if it entered his body? His body would beat it into submission with ease and make it his b*tch? Can’t say that’s my usual type of humor, but guess I get the analogy now if that’s it.

Regardless, thanks for your service as well.
No, what I mean is that my body has had so much toxic crap in it due to being over seas with such stuff as junk from burn pits, smoke from explosions and fire etc. Which in turn causes me more pain and health issues now and in the future then a flu would. I would rather deal with a flu for a few weeks then having to worry about if I will get cancer sometime in my life from what I was exposed too. I wouldn't expect a civilian to get my VET T.V. type of humor.

does that mean having kids too? because if there are coronavirus restrictions you may not be able to get a job to support the child.
¿QUE?

No, what I mean is that my body has had so much toxic crap in it due to being over seas with such stuff as junk from burn pits, smoke from explosions and fire etc. Which in turn causes me more pain and health issues now and in the future then a flu would. I would rather deal with a flu for a few weeks then having to worry about if I will get cancer sometime in my life from what I was exposed too. I wouldn't expect a civilian to get my VET T.V. type of humor.
I really don’t get why you had to explain that. You’re original post was spot on and so extremely self explanatory. I got your humor. Keep doing you, friend!

No, what I mean is that my body has had so much toxic crap in it due to being over seas with such stuff as junk from burn pits, smoke from explosions and fire etc. Which in turn causes me more pain and health issues now and in the future then a flu would. I would rather deal with a flu for a few weeks then having to worry about if I will get cancer in my lifetime from what I was exposed too. I wouldn't expect a civilian to get my VET T.V. type of humor.
Ok, I haven’t been in the military, but have immediate family with history in it, and I have had cancer. Luckily benign, but still in the period to see if it comes back worse or not. Yeah, i agree that I would have taken COVID over Cancer as well. I don’t totally get how this relates to the joke, but can see how that would be a huge personal concern. Apologies if anything came across as downplaying what you went through with your service, not something I’d ever want to do. I just didn’t get the joke and thought you told it different than I usually hear it. Even if it’s not my regular type of humor, and I don’t think it’s how others seemed to explain it either, I think I get it now.

Kohls has switch lite bundles if you still have your kohls cash...
$95 after cancelled ps5 fiasco is a decent consolation prize I guess comes with smash bros.and a case for $270 (90 after kohls cash).

I need to stay off the web for my bank account to recover, bought a switch, a playstation, an xbox and an n-gage inside of a month.

For all the previous talk about picture scams on eBay (people just selling pictures of ps5s), I saw one in the description that said the regular “this is for a picture of a PS5”, but then it added “normal people stay away, this is for botters”. It was a regular price buy it now. I don’t think they are some kind of righteous anti-botter avenger, I’m sure a scum bag scammer like the rest, but is there something to that? Only way this could screw with botter scripts would be if it included eBay. Probably just a distortion they came up with to keep doing something they know is wrong and discourage nasty messages.
What does anyone care what other people do on Ebay? Who asdf'ing cares.

You might as well go out on the street corner and start yelling at traffic.

Its 639.99 but says out of stock

In stock for 2 min??? lol
I had it in cart, but I missed it. I wasn’t prepared either. I hadn’t setup my shipping/billing address or payment method. For those still on the hunt, make sure you have all that setup beforehand- it will help you snag one, I think; competition is fierce!

What does anyone care what other people do on Ebay? Who asdf'ing cares.

You might as well go out on the street corner and start yelling at traffic.
Ok, thanks for the contribution I guess? Just wondering if a cheap buy it now could actually mess with botters like the seller description claimed. I agree that trying to stop scammers on e-bay by whining here is pointless, that isn’t really what I was bringing up though.

Bundle up at Costco. Anyone with an account can see the price? My Costco expired this year.
I have tabs open for Costco, PlayStation Direct, Bestbuy, and Walmart. I missed this. I am wondering what I will spend my free time on once I finally manage to get a PS5 and can stop tracking this thread and refreshing tabs. Certainly not gaming, but I’ll figure something out.

Man, PS5 needs a better boot sequence; its downright bad.
The new Xboxes are a more of a future focused piece of tech. Better built too. The ps5 is more of your traditional gaming console. Sony focused on efficiency and less so much on a quality build imo. Microsoft went the extra mile for a premium experience from the sounds, hi, and feature sets. That being said I like both my ps5 and series x for different reasons.

I just really wish the 3D audio was stronger. Sometimes I won’t hear footsteps from one direction or the direction I hear them from is inaccurate like cmon. I do like the headset though, could improve. Wish it was easier to find out which buttons are which without taking off the headset. I can find the mute button and the volume high or low but other than that no

The new Xboxes are a more of a future focused piece of tech. Better built too. The ps5 is more of your traditional gaming console. Sony focused on efficiency and less so much on a quality build imo. Microsoft went the extra mile for a premium experience from the sounds, hi, and feature sets. That being said I like both my ps5 and series x for different reasons.
You could even see the difference in the packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, Xbox was truly like unwrapping a present. Very sleek.

PS5 was like 'be glad we even put it in a box'. . .
Lol yup 😂!!!! Even the build quality is a really big low when you compare to something like a ps3 (fat and slim...not top loading). Still does a great job at playing the games I like.

People who did tear downs couldn’t believe Microsoft was selling the series x for 500 bucks. It’s that well made.

Lol yup 😂!!!! Even the build quality is a really big low when you compare to something like a ps3 (fat and slim...not top loading). Still does a great job at playing the games I like.

People who did tear downs couldn’t believe Microsoft was selling the series x for 500 bucks. It’s that well made.
Sony probably learned from things like the Vita not to make things too high end and sexy ... every second gen revision of Sony products has been notably cheaper feeling, makes you wonder what the PS5 Pro will be made of ... two slabs of cardboard with a brick in the middle 😜

Is there a target drop tonight ?

12/3?
Probably...right after I fall asleep.

The stores that got stock around me are definitely holding them for something, but only about 15% of stores total got any stock. I don't think they would do a drop with only a few stores participating.

Probably...right after I fall asleep.

The stores that got stock around me are definitely holding them for something, but only about 15% of stores total got any stock. I don't think they would do a drop with only a few stores participating.
Multiple targets near me showing 10+ on MyStore and Popfndr

Lol yup !!!! Even the build quality is a really big low when you compare to something like a ps3 (fat and slim...not top loading). Still does a great job at playing the games I like.

I don't have any complaints about the PS5 aesthetic other than the white color, the black gloss, the required stand, and the enormous size. Otherwise it's perfect!

For the Xbox, I wish it had a green breathing light emanating through the top vent rather than just the inside paint job TBH. Would've looked pretty slick IMO.

I don't have any complaints about the PS5 aesthetic other than the white color, the black gloss, the required stand, and the enormous size. Otherwise it's perfect!

For the Xbox, I wish it had a green breathing light emanating through the top vent rather than just the inside paint job TBH. Would've looked pretty slick IMO.
Yup the ps5 should have been black my nephews said that to me. If I can get a replacement shell I’m going to color it black or blue.

Sony picked white because they wanted it to stick out and be a wow piece in your room. Also yes the Xbox does need some sort of lighting as a wow factor.

bread's done
Back