Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Yeah well that’s nice and all of them to outright lie to you, given the receipt says any item purchased from 11/1-12/24 is eligible for extended holiday returns
You're right. It was right in the receipt.

They even pointed how it's only 30 days from the receipt but if you skip a few lines to the bottom it's there! The holiday extended returns.

Thanks for the warning.

It was even two employees that told me that they don't have extended holiday returns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are they letting people at Walmart buy 2 ? Seriously guy in front of me got 2 and they sold out the as he was walking away said he was selling 1 for 2k to meet him in the parking lot....

Exactly why I’m just waiting it out for BB or Target. Walmart is a horrible place to shop and just gross. It’s not even worth it to me to drive there and walk inside to check.
Exactly. Honestly maybe step into a Walmart once or twice a year. It’s a terrible place. The one by me is filled with the worst kind of shoppers. I see the nastiest shit going on. Also the target by me is filled with a lot of wackos and perverts. Mainly shop at Costco, independent grocery stores, or higher end grocery shores.

Ordered the Pulse headset on Amazon on Sunday for delivery end of January. Last night they bumped delivery date to this Friday. Others have had their delivery date pushed up too.

Ive seen a few around me. Why is everyone going nuts about these things? Is it because they are scarce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been wondering this myself. I’ve been using my old Astro A50, but with all the demand for the pulse headset I’ve been wondering if I should switch. I can’t really get a straight answer in my google searches.

went to walmart about 1.5 hours before it opened. Over 85 people in line. They had 20ish Ps5 and about 45 minutes before open announced they were already sold out based on tickets.
Only 1.5 hrs? That's why you missed out. There were probably people there overnight. People have stood in lines longer than 1.5 hrs for Amiibos. ;)

I’ve been wondering this myself. I’ve been using my old Astro A50, but with all the demand for the pulse headset I’ve been wondering if I should switch. I can’t really get a straight answer in my google searches.
I want them because its the only PS5 item I have not purchased yet.

My Target still shows 10 available. It's been 3 or 4 days. I keep checking online but they have not made them available yet. What are the chances they sell one to me in store?

I think it’s people just buying them cause they’re hard to find. Lol. I couldn’t buy something with that white that I had to touch daily. It would get nasty fast.

I got he headset on day one. It sounds nice as one would expect.

However it is very uncomfortable. It feels cheap and like it is constantly falling off my head.

There is no tension between the ear pieces and no adjustment. The sliding rubber  piece is useless. 

Fit and feel is just personal preference. Previous Sony headsets were much better in my opinion.

Guess I am just saying don't beat yourself up trying to find one.

However it is very uncomfortable. It feels cheap and like it is constantly falling off my head.
There is no tension between the ear pieces and no adjustment. The sliding rubber piece is useless.
Fit and feel is just personal preference. Previous Sony headsets were much better in my opinion.

I had the old one and it was the same.

My experience today with the PS5 and XSX at a Walmart within driving distance to me. The amount of people wanting each console is incredible right now and no wonder it's impossible to get one.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/372385-xbox-series-sx-pre-order-thread-now-with-direct-links-live-922-8am-pt-11am-et/?p=14358716
A friend failed this morning at our walmart. She was there at 6:30 (I suggested 6) and they seemed to have 8 PS5 systems. She was #8 in line, but #5 in line was allowed to buy 2, so she got nothing. Also, of note, Brickseek is no longer showing ps5 stock? A message stating that "At the request of the retailers, search results for this item have been disabled. To check inventory for this item, please visit your local stores in the mornings."

There is no tension between the ear pieces and no adjustment. The sliding rubber piece is useless.

If wireless and a mic are second to positional audio, I highly recommend a pair of stereo open back cans running through an av receiver. Between that and the comfort I'm never going back.

A friend failed this morning at our walmart. She was there at 6:30 (I suggested 6) and they seemed to have 8 PS5 systems. She was #8 in line, but #5 in line was allowed to buy 2, so she got nothing. Also, of note, Brickseek is no longer showing ps5 stock? A message stating that "At the request of the retailers, search results for this item have been disabled. To check inventory for this item, please visit your local stores in the mornings."
Stores are letting people buy disc and digital ones. Some guy did that at Best Buy when I was doing in store pick up. He also bought 1 Xbox. Was called out big time by the staff but they still sold him all 3.

Stores are letting people buy disc and digital ones. Some guy did that at Best Buy when I was doing in store pick up. He also bought 1 Xbox. Was called out big time by the staff but they still sold him all 3.
I thought bestbuy was still doing online only?

My experience trying to sell my ps5 with a slight coil whine:

eBay:buyer that won never paid....back on eBay.
Craigslist: constant stream of low ballers and people asking if I still have the ps5...respond yes and never hear back.

My option is scalpers can’t be making much money and a lot of inventory has dropped.

Craigslist: constant stream of low ballers and people asking if I still have the ps5...respond yes and never hear back.

My option is scalpers can’t be making much money and a lot of inventory has dropped.
Pick a price your happy with and sell as a buy it now. Make sure you require immediate payment. Value is starting to drop. Anyone asking for more then 1k will most likely not sell. You should be able to get $700 to $800.

Being open box might be making your experience different.

Pick a price your happy with and sell as a buy it now. Make sure you require immediate payment. Value is starting to drop. Anyone asking for more then 1k will most likely not sell.
I sell my iPhone every year and buy a new one. I find you get the same money when you do a penny auction as you would when doing a buy it now. Sometimes more. Usually with buy it nows it sits there forever.

Being open box might be making your experience different.

From my experience not so much. I’m sure if it was closed boxed I’d still have these issues. I think Craigslist in particular you deal with a lot of low ballers looking for a steal.

I sell my iPhone every year and buy a new one. I find you get the same money when you do a penny auction as you would when doing a buy it now. Sometimes more. Usually with buy it nows it sits there forever.

From my experience not so much. I’m sure if it was closed boxed I’d still have these issues.
Im looking at sold and new vs open box is a big difference.

Im looking at sold and new vs open box is a big difference.

Only a hundo or so. Last weekend my auction ended at 950 with a crap winner and 940 with a legit buyer. Wish I blocked the winner in retrospect as he only had 4 feedback stars. Snuck in as a dark horse bidder.

Only a hundo or so. Last weekend my auction ended at 950 with a crap winner and 940 with a legit buyer. Wish I blocked the winner in retrospect as he only had 4 feedback stars. Snuck in as a dark horse bidder.
That sucks. eBay is hit and miss as fuck. I’ve had a lot of success getting rid of my amiibo collection though. Price is way lower though.

That sucks. eBay is hit and miss as fuck. I’ve had a lot of success getting rid of my amiibo collection though. Price is way lower though.

Yup sure is. I think the problem with Craigslist and fb market place is that their are so many fake listings for crazy low prices that people think that’s what they should pay. That’s why I don’t even bother trying to sell my iPhone on these platforms.

Dang just missed out on one at Wallmart.  They had the last one on the table and another person was there buying it.  May have to make a few more trips.

It peaked at $1100 right before retailers got them back in people's hands with the last Target drop. You can comfortably get $950-$1k for them right now unless there's another major drop. My advice is if it doesn't move in an hour, you're too high.

It peaked at $1100 right before retailers got them back in people's hands with the last Target drop. You can comfortably get $950-$1k for them right now unless there's another major drop. My advice is if it doesn't move in an hour, you're too high.
I got the cheapest legit ps5 on Craigslist. People are just asking unrealistically low numbers near msrp or are sketchy. I got it up on cl and eBay. I’m sure it will sell on eBay. Hopefully not for a lot less than this weekend.

Well, crap. Finally went into that target that had 10 listed on popfindr all week. As I expected, they wouldn't sell me one and said I would just have to catch them online. Just checked popfindr again and they now have 0. Apparently they decided to list them available in the last few hours.

Well, crap. Finally went into that target that had 10 listed on popfindr all week. As I expected, they wouldn't sell me one and said I would just have to catch them online. Just checked popfindr again and they now have 0. Apparently they decided to list them available in the last few hours.
I wonder if you were watching the same PS5s I was watching at a MN Target. They've been in stock for a number of days but never available online.

I've been getting up at 5:30am for 3 days to see if they would drop them in the morning...but no dice. And then I checked popfindr this evening to see every one gone. It's never easy.

target had some available, disc version ps5, it said add for shipping, but when i added to cart it wouldnt let me check out, told me it wasnt available at the store i selected (my home store was selected automatically)

Eh thought it was all shipping only. It showed ship red button, no store had stock at all. Asks me for CVS kept saying unable bla bla check what changed to your cart, kept placing order then eventually unavailable. Yeah target blows bestbuy did it best

I wonder if you were watching the same PS5s I was watching at a MN Target. They've been in stock for a number of days but never available online.

I've been getting up at 5:30am for 3 days to see if they would drop them in the morning...but no dice. And then I checked popfindr this evening to see every one gone. It's never easy.
I'm in Ohio but sounds like you were in the same situation. The lady I talked to said they got theirs for the Dec. 3rd drop a day late. Target finally made them available which is why people saw the add to cart button. I had also been getting up early to try and get one but apparently they changed their mind as to when to list them.

Was up in time for Target drop, got error trying for delivery. Then tried store pickup and all 3 or 4 w stock conveniently said "in store only" which is bs because they arent allowing store purchases. A few minutes later not available at those stores either. Waste of time.

I'm in Ohio but sounds like you were in the same situation. The lady I talked to said they got theirs for the Dec. 3rd drop a day late. Target finally made them available which is why people saw the add to cart button. I had also been getting up early to try and get one but apparently they changed their mind as to when to list them.
same here monitoring a store that had a few and nothing this morning online

Was up in time for Target drop, got error trying for delivery. Then tried store pickup and all 3 or 4 w stock conveniently said "in store only" which is bs because they arent allowing store purchases. A few minutes later not available at those stores either. Waste of time.
That was a joke

Worst ever

I had one store near me that was doing the whole 'in store only' crap this morning. They still have all 6. And I was very close to ordering one at my nearest store but it kept erroring out until it finally got removed from my cart. I did manage to score a digital one about an hour away. It kept erroring out but I just kept hitting the checkout button. I got the pickup email shortly after opening but I won't be able to pick it up until after work or tomorrow morning.

bread's done
Back