Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Pretty much every review has said they sound better than those Sonys and is built better. I think they’re targeting a level or two up in headphones like competing with more niche brands.
Well they'd have no argument if they didn't at least sound better for the price lol. And yes, the build will feel better because it's made of metal; not plastic. The point was that for half the price, you can get a similar experience without the benefit of being in Apple's ecosystem. The XM4's will also be more versatile since the Max depends on being sync'd to an ipad, iphone, or mac for half the features. You can use the Max elsewhere, but won't be hardly as nice.

That's where buying decisions should focus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they'd have no argument if they didn't at least sound better for the price lol. And yes, the build will feel better because it's made of metal; not plastic. The point was that for half the price, you can get a similar experience without the benefit of being in Apple's ecosystem. The XM4's will also be more versatile since the Max depends on being sync'd to an ipad, iphone, or mac for half the features. You can use the Max elsewhere, but won't be hardly as nice.

That's where buying decisions should focus.
Mercy, didn't realize what my sarcasm would start....apologies all!

It’s basically people posting about getting or not getting a system each day ... until that guy who was going to quit gaming comes back and causes everyone to focus on him for another two pages ...

It’s basically people posting about getting or not getting a system each day ... until that guy who was going to quit gaming comes back and causes everyone to focus on him for another two pages ...
Haven’t seen him in a while lol. He must have succeeded

what trick?

no luck for me today....but they cancel my order on tuesday

Finally, I got one. The trick works perfectly

attachicon.gif
ps5.PNG

Don't see reports of any cancelations on todays orders unlike on Tuesday. Also seem to be only 3 rounds today. There were 5 rounds on Tuesday all the way up to 240pm

Ordered my Xbox Tuesday. PS5 today. No cancelations so far
That was going to be my question. I was able to order the Series X at Walmart today and was going to try for a PS5 but I've read Walmart flags you as a scalper if you do this and cancels both consoles so I didn't want to take a chance. Maybe it's hit or miss so keep us updated. I am still hoping my order doesn't get canceled so not getting excited until I see that it ships.

I can confirm it's completely random. Logged in to queue with minutes left on the countdown and was given 8min when it went live. I just successfully checked out. I should have gotten one weeks back when it caused my card to be shut down.

No luck with PS Direct though I did manage to get another one at Walmart for a friend. I think the app is the way to go vs the site. I didn't have any captcha or anything and I could spam "add to cart" a lot faster. I missed the first wave on desktop and the second wave on mobile and left my page open on mobile that had "add to cart" still active on it and started spamming as soon as the last wave hit and got it. 

Was able to pick one up during the walmart drop a couple days ago, so far no cancelation.  It kept showing as sold out but I kept closing that message down, refreshing the page, and kept hitting add to cart.   After a while I likely just got extremely lucky.  Anecdotally i recommend just keep doing the process over and over and don't let the sold out messages deter you.  Iirc they kept doing new drops every 10 minutes?  All of which were sold out in less than a second which changed the message to "temporarily sold out".   Keep trying even if it tells you its out.  Not saying this will guarantee you one, but I am saying my persistence paid off.  My sister was trying all morning and never got one, but I don't think she was refreshing the page and doing it over and over.  

How long did it take most people to get shipment dates on PS direct? I'm figuring it won't be until next year.
i got mine last week on Tuesday, they shipped it Wednesday Fedex 2 day, so i got it last Friday. so you most likely will have it before xmas.

The website says if you order by the 17th you should get it by Christmas (wasn't sure if this would include PS5's). My order says preparing to ship so I'm hopeful. 😀

That was going to be my question. I was able to order the Series X at Walmart today and was going to try for a PS5 but I've read Walmart flags you as a scalper if you do this and cancels both consoles so I didn't want to take a chance. Maybe it's hit or miss so keep us updated. I am still hoping my order doesn't get canceled so not getting excited until I see that it ships.
My Xbox shipped today. It still says Arrives by Jan 9th, but I think it's going to arrive early next week. I live in VA and it's leaving from KY.

My PS5 order is still untouched. Hoping to get a tracking number on that soon.

bread's done
Back