Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Gamestop sent an email out 10 minutes ago that they had more bundles soon.  I don't know if they have come and gone, but I can't seem to get one.  The good news is these are pre-order with a 1/31/21 date, so they are moving up the time frame from the last release.  This bundle has Sackboy instead of Demon's Souls for what it's worth.

I have no idea how anyone gets a ps5 into their cart on gamestop, i just get some message about they are adding more, then when i do get a captcha i get an error adding to cart.

I have no idea how anyone gets a ps5 into their cart on gamestop, i just get some message about they are adding more, then when i do get a captcha i get an error adding to cart.
I had the same issue. I was excited when I got the captcha, I thought it was going to work. No luck. I'm a little encouraged by the frequency of the drops lately at least. I would be interested to know how many were being released at a time, but at least it's a positive sign.

I had the same issue. I was excited when I got the captcha, I thought it was going to work. No luck. I'm a little encouraged by the frequency of the drops lately at least. I would be interested to know how many were being released at a time, but at least it's a positive sign.
Even I placed an order for PS5 Digital Bundle for my cousin successfully at 11:04 am and got the order confirmation. After an hour, hey sent me a cancellation email at 12:01 pm. It is not good....I call Gamestop CS twice and they gave me different responses. One said that my credit card has been declined 3 times but actually it is not because they never hold any money on my credit card and I also called my AMEX to verify and there is no decline transaction. Another guy said that the product is OOS at the moment that I placed the order...nothing I can do...

Here is the message.

Your order has been canceled.

We know you’re excited to get your GameStop product. Unfortunately, we are experiencing some problems in processing your payment. And so had to cancel your order.

If you still want your item, please reach out. See below for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what HAS been the winning method? I've come late to all this, but the fact they keep selling out immediately is very interesting, to say the least.

Is it simply calling stores in the local area?

I was FINALLY able to snag one from PS Direct.  Went into it thinking id be over an hour again, then it changed to 5 minutes.  When I hit the store it was for the Digital Edition which is what I wanted, and the console showed SOLD OUT, yet I was able to proceed and buy one lol.  Can't believe I was so lucky.

So what HAS been the winning method? I've come late to all this, but the fact they keep selling out immediately is very interesting, to say the least.

Is it simply calling stores in the local area?
I don’t know of any local stores that carry them, most chains are doing online orders only as far as I know. Some may do in-store pickup, but you have to buy it online. Granted, I only have Target, Wal-Mart, and GameStop near me, so it may be different with other retailers.

I was FINALLY able to snag one from PS Direct. Went into it thinking id be over an hour again, then it changed to 5 minutes. When I hit the store it was for the Digital Edition which is what I wanted, and the console showed SOLD OUT, yet I was able to proceed and buy one lol. Can't believe I was so lucky.
Congrats Spraykwon!

I was FINALLY able to snag one from PS Direct. Went into it thinking id be over an hour again, then it changed to 5 minutes. When I hit the store it was for the Digital Edition which is what I wanted, and the console showed SOLD OUT, yet I was able to proceed and buy one lol. Can't believe I was so lucky.
Congrats dude! Make sure and clear a BIG space for it lol. I picked up mine today and it blew my mind how big this thing really is

Sure I took a few yesterday.

NZelmwK.jpg

OdBLVXD.jpg

N1OTsSZ.jpg

723Kwpi.jpg

7SmFfnp.jpg

@Gatchaman yeah I'm not really concerned about that but it did cross my mind. My basement where I have my consoles stays relatively cool year round and the way the PS5 is designed it is pretty cool to the touch so it's just not really a concern. Putting plasti-dip on external panels versus internal PC components is pretty much apples to oranges too. Now if this was like putting it on the internal fan or something, that would be a bit different.
Huh. Seeing it in all black, while absolutely an improvement, makes me realize why they didn't. It seriously does look like a wireless router at that point. I've legitimately never hated the form-factor of a console in my life until now.

Well done, Sony.

Huh. Seeing it in all black, while absolutely an improvement, makes me realize why they didn't. It seriously does look like a wireless router at that point. I've legitimately never hated the form-factor of a console in my life until now.

Well done, Sony.
I agree. I would think it would look better in red or dark blue personally. I'm sure there will be LE consoles in these colors in the future.

Been trying to wrap my head around this PS5 debacle and, wow, you all were not lying.

Last time a console was this borked was the Wii, but I don't remember it lasting this long.

Even you place an order successfully with Target and it doesn’t guarantee you will get one....they just sent me a message below even I placed an order successfully for digital at my local store ....all other stores are sold out ...no alternative option

Thanks so much for placing your recent order. Unfortunately, the item below is no longer available at your store.

We’re sorry. We know how frustrating this is. We’ve pulled together any available options for Order Pickup at nearby stores or free shipping. We’ll take care of canceling the item if you don’t choose another option in the next 5 days.

Check alternate options
Thank you for your patience as our frontline team members work to keep Target stores safe, stocked and ready to serve communities all over. And thank you for being our guest.
Affected item
down arrow

Sony really needs to address the Storage issue.     Getting your PS5 is only half the battle.     Installing and downloading games is the next!  

sure an external HDD or SSD will run and store PS4 games; but PS5 games can only install or download to the measly 800GB internal, which is actually 650GB or so.   

Sony: We need the system update stat for:   internal m.2 upgrades, and for the ability to transfer PS5 game installs between internal and external  for off-use storage.      XBox has Sony beat in the storage issue!    Day1, we could use external drives, xfer XSX game files back and forth, and option to buy 1tb ssd expansion.    

Soon as you said that, I checked and it was in stock. Went to complete the sale and it was sold out lol
Bb routinely has them too. Last week or so all ps5 accessories were available even the headsets, media remote, and charging station.

Bb routinely has them too. Last week or so all ps5 accessories were available even the headsets, media remote, and charging station.
Randomly checked again just now and I think I got the last one within 250 miles of my home in So Cal lol

EDIT:

I did and my order is ready for pickup. Finally the search is over lol

can anyone tell me if you can use a PS5 controller on the PS4 yet (either wired or wireless)?  I need another PS4 controller but I am not spending $60 on one, rather spend the extra $10 and be future proof for when I get a PS5...

I’ll even buy a bundle with games I dislike! Damn you sony!!!!
Honestly, after trying to get one for 3 months and failing everywhere until a couple weeks ago, your best bet is through Sony directly via Playstation Direct. I feel that is the most fair way to get one since it's completely random. Don't give up man, I didn't and finally got one. 100% worth it too.

can anyone tell me if you can use a PS5 controller on the PS4 yet (either wired or wireless)? I need another PS4 controller but I am not spending $60 on one, rather spend the extra $10 and be future proof for when I get a PS5...
PS4 controllers regularly go on sale all the time. Just wait it out.

Anyone trying to get an Xbox or PS5 from Walmart? Once it hit the top of the hour, all four consoles immediately said: "This item will be back at 3:10 PM." Either they were never available to buy, or they all sold out in 5 seconds.

Anyone trying to get an Xbox or PS5 from Walmart? Once it hit the top of the hour, all four consoles immediately said: "This item will be back at 3:10 PM." Either they were never available to buy, or they all sold out in 5 seconds.
yep, they sold out in seconds. keep trying though, walmart is known to sell they consoles in 10 min waves, so they next drop will be at 12:10 pt 3:10 et

If you waited a few seconds they did come in stock.

Wow I was on the 3:20,30 and 40 and unable to add to cart. Sold out. What a sh*tshow. I’m gonna pull my PS3 outta the basement and play demonsouls that way. Officially tapping out.

Spoke to soon. The Xbox Series S is still available to purchase, if anyone is looking for that.

Arrives by March 3. :rofl:

There's a trick to getting the Walmart ones, it requires the App. I honestly don't think it's possible to get any of the drops at 3pm without using bots, but for the drops after at :10,:20, :30, :40 the trick does work even though it still takes some luck, but possible.

bread's done
Back