Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

So you ignored the not in stock at this store message and kept trying to check out anyway and it worked?
yeah, keep smashing. especially when you can click on the store selector and it shows there is still stock. i mashed repeatedly for a couple of minutes and was able to get a ps5 and series x this way this morning

yeah, keep smashing. especially when you can click on the store selector and it shows there is still stock. i mashed repeatedly for a couple of minutes and was able to get a ps5 and series x this way this morning
When I got mine, it made me choose a store for about 15 minutes. It never actually said out of stock so I figured I would keep going until it actually said it was out of stock

My PS5 from GameStop that I ordered on the 9th arrived yesterday. I have been too busy to hook it up.

Disc version with Spider-Man and NBA. I grabbed Demon’s Souls from Best Buy using a promo that made it free (spend $1500 outside of BB and get $75 cert).

Now, to find a Sony controller charger and their remote. For some reason these are hard to find as well. No rush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally after trying since launch I got my PS5. I was on youtube watching a day trading stream and some random person said "Target just dropped ps5s" and I was like that is random. I went to target's website it said 5 available near me so I hit the buy button. It told me it was no longer available but the checkout button was still red so I kept hitting it and after the 10th time it went through. Picked up my ps5 from target with no problems. I'm so glad I didn't pay those scum bag reseller prices and just waited.

Now, to find a Sony controller charger and their remote. For some reason this are hard to find as well. No rush.
Trust me, when you find the media remote, use better batteries than the ones they include. There seems to be an issue of it disconnecting that goes away if you use better batteries

Had it in my cart right at 7:50a. Even have gift cards for target to cover the full cost of the system. Still couldn't do it. Just not interested in the launch console right now, not going to buy in the hype of the artificial scarcity of the system.
There's a semi conductor shortage all through the technology sector. This shortage might even last throughout summer or longer. The scarcity is real and it is not just hype. Trying buying a new graphics card now.

Finally after trying since launch I got my PS5. I was on youtube watching a day trading stream and some random person said "Target just dropped ps5s" and I was like that is random. I went to target's website it said 5 available near me so I hit the buy button. It told me it was no longer available but the checkout button was still red so I kept hitting it and after the 10th time it went through. Picked up my ps5 from target with no problems. I'm so glad I didn't pay those scum bag reseller prices and just waited.
Well yeah, by waiting 3 months you saved $300. Anyone who paid didn't want to wait. TBH outside of Demon's Souls there hasn't been much of anything to use a PS5 for anyway so in hindsight: you were smart to wait.

That said, the rumor is Kena will be the PS5 free game next month. If true, Sony will have finally redeemed PS+, if only in a fleeting moment for me.

why buy the ps5 then? It came out 3 months ago. I feel like hoarders/scalpers are slowly revealing themselves on this site
I've chatted with some people on offerup and they told me they will keep the PS5 when more games are available for it or when it's not so difficult to buy. Until they, they are going to profit from people willing to pay. Those are gamers too so they are taking advantage of their own kind. Plenty of scalpers that buy aren't gamers. A lot of people are okay taking advantage of offers no matter the situation(global pandemic). I am willing to pay $600 for a PS5 from the lucky ones able to actually buy one but so far, the lowest scalpers will take is $700 and so f that. I am okay with giving them like a $60 profit for doing something I have not been able to for longer than I should have to be trying but not hundreds more like these greedy people want and are getting sadly.

why buy the ps5 then? It came out 3 months ago. I feel like hoarders/scalpers are slowly revealing themselves on this site
yikes.

yet another comment made in poor faith. The pros of the PS5 are well-documented at this point. I don't know why people are struggling so hard with reconciling with these advantages. There's another one posted today on the front page.

So I wasn't able to but check out with the costco drop but it's in my cart at least. Making progress. So the next Costco drop I should be able to get since it's already in my cart. Whenever that is. It's a $639.99 bundle but I'm so frustrated at this point that I just want whatever PS5 I'm able to buy retail price.

So I wasn't able to but check out with the costco drop but it's in my cart at least. Making progress. So the next Costco drop I should be able to get since it's already in my cart. Whenever that is. It's a $639.99 bundle but I'm so frustrated at this point that I just want whatever PS5 I'm able to buy retail price.
Good luck with Costco ps5 drops. They go insanely quick. You might have better luck with BB or Target 🎯 next.

I’ve had really good luck with Costco because it’s based on National stock. Depending on where you live, Best Buy and Target are basically pointless since they rely on local stock.

If you have the PS5 already in your cart and can get into the purchase process as soon as Wario64 sends out the notification you’re good to go.

I even had time to update my card and my address when I got one for my brother in law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had really good luck with Costco because it’s based on National stock. Depending on where you live, Best Buy and Target are basically pointless since they rely on local stock.

If you have the PS5 already in your cart and can get into the purchase process as soon as Wario64 sends out the notification you’re good to go.

I even had time to update my card and my address when I got one for my brother in law.

Best Buy was the goat for me. Got 2 ps5s and 1 series X from bb. The second ps5 was to replace my launch unit with crazy loud coil whine (loud to me but not everyone).

So far my experience with BB and Target getting a PS5 has been pathetic. They constantly make you change stores and then sometimes delete the ps5 from your cart. I have missed trying Walmart and Amazon and never never gotten into the ps direct. I've heard it's better to just constantly spam the same store over and over even if you get the try another store message. I really hate this "hunt" for a PS5. I have not gotten lucky yet. I didn't even want this thing and now I'm obsessed with trying to get it. I hope you're right about Costco.

I was bummed when Walmart canceled the PS5 drop today.

So far my experience with BB and Target getting a PS5 has been pathetic. They constantly make you change stores and then sometimes delete the ps5 from your cart. I have missed trying Walmart and Amazon and never never gotten into the ps direct. I've heard it's better to just constantly spam the same store over and over even if you get the try another store message. I really hate this "hunt" for a PS5. I have not gotten lucky yet. I didn't even want this thing and now I'm obsessed with trying to get it. I hope you're right about Costco.

I was bummed when Walmart canceled the PS5 drop today.
Yup. Same exact experience. A waste of time
Basically.

Best Buy was the goat for me. Got 2 ps5s and 1 series X from bb. The second ps5 was to replace my launch unit with crazy loud coil whine (loud to me but not everyone).
I’m sure it has been. As I said if your local stores get good stock and you don’t live in an area that’s got a shit ton of people you’re good.

I live in scalper capital of the world.

There's a semi conductor shortage all through the technology sector. This shortage might even last throughout summer or longer. The scarcity is real and it is not just hype. Trying buying a new graphics card now.
What I mean is that it seems 99% of systems are sold to scalpers and not real fans/gamers.

I was doing some research and I was surprised to learn the primary reason for the chip shortage seems to be from... water. Or a lack thereof specifically.

The people I hear bitching the most about PS5 availability aren't even trying, or are not paying customers.   Mostly a bunch of people that just want to complain.  It's someone else's fault for their problems.  Like most other things in life, you get what you put into it. It's the "some people have lives you know," and the "thing should be on the shelf when I want to buy it," types. 

These systems aren't even 1/5 as difficult to score as an RTX 3080 anyways.  Obviously a bunch of folks have never contended for a highly contested internet drop in their lives. 

Only 7% of consoles went to scalpers. There are multiple articles online breaking it down.
People often forget that even in the complete absence of scalpers, a lot of people just really want the new consoles. And the scarcity just makes people want it more because it's human nature to covet what you can't have. Sure there are many that are willing to wait, but these consoles don't just go into a bottomless hole if they go to a scalper, they eventually do go to someone that is going to play it (and are willing to pay a premium for it). Even if the numbers were 99% going to scalpers (which they aren't).

I'm not defending scalping at all, I loathe it - but scalpers just increase the cost of the supply, they don't make it magically go away.

The people I hear bitching the most about PS5 availability aren't even trying, or are not paying customers. Mostly a bunch of people that just want to complain. It's someone else's fault for their problems. Like most other things in life, you get what you put into it. It's the "some people have lives you know," and the "thing should be on the shelf when I want to buy it," types.

These systems aren't even 1/5 as difficult to score as an RTX 3080 anyways. Obviously a bunch of folks have never contended for a highly contested internet drop in their lives.
Dude... they are both hard af to find. I wanted an Xbox Series X, PS5, and GTX 3070, and all I have been able to get are mutiple Xbox systems for whatever reason. It sucks, but it is what it is. I am not paying over retail for one, that would be stupid and I leave that to the stupid people who cannot wait, this is not a limited item, Sony will be making them for the next 10 years probably. There honestly isn't even anything I really care to play RN that I can't play on my PS4. I just REALLY hate the idea of having to spend $60 on a PS4 controller when this gen is pretty much over and I know those controllers will be dirt cheap. Until then, I will just look at my copy of Persona 5 S that I would really like to play rn, but it will happen when I can either buy a PS5 disc edition at retail or when PS4 controllers drop to $40 again.

Also, for the record, I collect Jordans... so I know ohh to well about internet drops, raffles, bots (I don't use them), and all the other fuckery involved in reselling. I strike out on shoes I want all the time, but it's ok, as I have more than I will ever be able to wear out in a life time. My advice for everyone here is to never fall that rabbit hole of shoe collecting, as they are expensive, consume a lot of space, and are an even bigger rip of than electronics, as far as how much they cost to make vs. how much they sell for.

Besides no games, the small and useless hard drive, the system size, and the possible controller drift issues, I'm waiting.
To each his own. HD is small, but I just move PS4 games back and forth from extended HD. No drift issues. Couldn’t care less about system size...it’s in the back room in an equipment rack. The controller is the best I’ve ever used including my xbox elite.

Miles was freaking fantastic and huge upgrade over PS4 version. Astro it is one of the best platform era in the past few years. Put over 70 hrs into Fenix Rising. And with all the free PS5 upgrades for games I’m just now getting around to playing (control, FF7, etc) and the benefit to regular PS4 games via frame rates, resolution and loading speed, for me this was an absolute no brained.

Have barely touched my series X.

advice for everyone here is to never fall that rabbit hole of shoe collecting, as they are expensive, consume a lot of space, and are an even bigger rip of than electronics, as far as how much they cost to make vs. how much they sell for.
This is the damn truth. Bought a pair of Travis Scott, Spider-Man Origin Story and Obsidian AJ1s since November. Wish I hadn’t fallen down this particular rabbit hole.

People often forget that even in the complete absence of scalpers, a lot of people just really want the new consoles. And the scarcity just makes people want it more because it's human nature to covet what you can't have. Sure there are many that are willing to wait, but these consoles don't just go into a bottomless hole if they go to a scalper, they eventually do go to someone that is going to play it (and are willing to pay a premium for it). Even if the numbers were 99% going to scalpers (which they aren't).

I'm not defending scalping at all, I loathe it - but scalpers just increase the cost of the supply, they don't make it magically go away.
Sure. The online narrative that people can't get one because scalpers bought them all up is just not true. It's demand pure & simple.

Sure. The online narrative that people can't get one because scalpers bought them all up is just not true. It's demand pure & simple.
Every time there is a Target drop or BB drop, I see A LOT of new PS5's that same day on offerup. Like I posted already, I see a lot of the same users selling PS5's and Series X. Some of them told me they are gamers themselves making profit off of other gamers that aren't fast enough to get one at retail. Some of them tell me they will keep the PS5 when demand dies down but right now, they are taking advantage of the situation to make money. I message a lot the ads asking them what bot program they are using and most reply that they don't use a bot they just follow twitter and get the systems that way.

Obviously, not EVERYONE that orders a PS5 at retail resells it but there are A LOT of scalpers out there.

Every time there is a Target drop or BB drop, I see A LOT of new PS5's that same day on offerup. Like I posted already, I see a lot of the same users selling PS5's and Series X. Some of them told me they are gamers themselves making profit off of other gamers that aren't fast enough to get one at retail. Some of them tell me they will keep the PS5 when demand dies down but right now, they are taking advantage of the situation to make money. I message a lot the ads asking them what bot program they are using and most reply that they don't use a bot they just follow twitter and get the systems that way.

Obviously, not EVERYONE that orders a PS5 at retail resells it but there are A LOT of scalpers out there.
:roll:

The people I hear bitching the most about PS5 availability aren't even trying, or are not paying customers. Mostly a bunch of people that just want to complain. It's someone else's fault for their problems. Like most other things in life, you get what you put into it. It's the "some people have lives you know," and the "thing should be on the shelf when I want to buy it," types.

These systems aren't even 1/5 as difficult to score as an RTX 3080 anyways. Obviously a bunch of folks have never contended for a highly contested internet drop in their lives.
Sure I'd like a PS5 right now but I am happy with my PS4 which I got 2 years after launch so I'm comfortable waiting out the storm

Sure I'd like a PS5 right now but I am happy with my PS4 which I got 2 years after launch so I'm comfortable waiting out the storm
Yeah nothing wrong with waiting. One of my best friends was asking if he should update to a PS5. Most of the time he plays Fall Guys or other PS plus games on his launch PS4. I told him to wait it out. He still is getting tons of value out of his PS4.

I’ve flipped 5 of these. Super easy to get. Anyone who can’t find one are just lazy and expect Target to personally hold them one for when they can come up with $500.

Twitter alerts are easy to setup. Literally anyone can follow someone. But people are lazy. So far I’ve made enough to pay for my PS5, my GFs and some games. So thanks, impatient people!

Twitter alerts are easy to setup. Literally anyone can follow someone. But people are lazy. So far I’ve made enough to pay for my PS5, my GFs and some games. So thanks, impatient people!
I've been using twitter, they are instantly sold out for me. Good for you that you got so many.

You are following the wrong people. Try PS5stocktracker

Now worth the hassle anymore and the premium dropped for these.
I'm following like 10 different trackers. I donno, maybe you live off a major city where stocks don't deplete as fast. In the DC area, they are gone instantly.

bread's done
Back