Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Think the issue this time around is COVID and not the internet. Doesn't help that people were starting fights, abusing employees and congesting stores waiting for these things. This happened with launches before as well but to have it done daily / weekly during COVID just isn't good business.

Just look up PS5 Black Friday waiting. Multiple fights, arguments and security / the police being called. For BF, it's expected, every week on a random weekday isn't though and stores just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying a console used to be such a better experience. If you wanted something like a brand new system then all you had to do was go in line and wait. Or go visit a few Targets at 7am on release day. Or visit the store for consecutive days in the mornings until you got one. It was simple.

Everything was better before every single idiot was online. Wanting things just because other people want them.

The internet was a mistake. (Or rather, smart phones and social media). Wish we could go back to pre-2010 in a heartbeat.
When the world finally ends, we are going to look back at social media as the nexus event that began the downfall.

Seriously.

Buying a console used to be such a better experience. If you wanted something like a brand new system then all you had to do was go in line and wait. Or go visit a few Targets at 7am on release day. Or visit the store for consecutive days in the mornings until you got one. It was simple.

Everything was better before every single idiot was online. Wanting things just because other people want them.

The internet was a mistake. (Or rather, smart phones and social media). Wish we could go back to pre-2010 in a heartbeat.
You're literally the same person that said ps5 weren't an issue to get anymore

GameStop bundles with pro account are the easiest by far to cart.
I second AND third this! I've managed to get three bundles from gamestop pro account sales in about the past month (one for me and two for friends, don't hate). If you guys needs a PS5, just get a Pro account. IDGAF what you think about gamestop, just do it. I know its anecdotal evidence, but if I managed to get three in a month, that basically means you are guarenteed.

I second AND third this! I've managed to get three bundles from gamestop pro account sales in about the past month (one for me and two for friends, don't hate). If you guys needs a PS5, just get a Pro account. IDGAF what you think about gamestop, just do it. I know its anecdotal evidence, but if I managed to get three in a month, that basically means you are guarenteed.
I sign up for a pro membership every year just for the magazine. It’s about the same price as any other magazine subscription. All of the other benefits are just gravy. I don’t even shop there much and I feel like I get my money’s worth from it.

I feel some type of way having to spend an extra $15-20 just for the privilege of buying an over priced bundle...
GameStop is giving 10,000 points right now for anyone who signs up (worth $10) and you get a $5 welcome reward on your receipt. $15 up front but literally pays for itself if you plan to buy anything video game related. Not to mention the $5 reward each month with membership.

GameStop is giving 10,000 points right now for anyone who signs up (worth $10) and you get a $5 welcome reward on your receipt. $15 up front but literally pays for itself if you plan to buy anything video game related. Not to mention the $5 reward each month with membership.
Is the 10,000 point bonus only in-store? I don't see it listed anywhere when I try to sign up online.

I got a question. I ordered the bundle as a gift. IF i need to return it, i would be kind of keep the $50 gift card since it is not refundable?
Instead of returning it, just sell it to somebody for what you paid and keep the giftcard. Hell, you could even add like $20 on top and that would still be a totally fair price to whoever buys it, considering the effort it takes to get one (assuming you aren't some douchebag using a bot).

Is the 10,000 point bonus only in-store? I don't see it listed anywhere when I try to sign up online.
I think you can do both. Another CAG said he got the points from renewing online. I think instore renewal is probably better since you get a $5 welcome gift code printed on the receipt when you sign up.

Talked with a gamestop employee today and he said they were doing in-store online preorders tomorrow for the PS5. He said it will be stock exclusively for in store ship to home pre orders and not website stock. Might be worth a shot for anyone still trying.

Talked with a gamestop employee today and he said they were doing in-store online preorders tomorrow for the PS5. He said it will be stock exclusively for in store ship to home pre orders and not website stock. Might be worth a shot for anyone still trying.
If that's the case it will DEFINITELY be bundles.

I talked to one of the store managers a few weeks ago when they did that in-store Xbox console drop. He said that was a test run by corporate to see how well the associates could perform selling accessory attach rates on the consoles.

They're going to make you pay $600-$800 up front, or else be testing out some sort of other sales goal, if it's ship-to-home.

If that's the case it will DEFINITELY be bundles.

I talked to one of the store managers a few weeks ago when they did that in-store Xbox console drop. He said that was a test run by corporate to see how well the associates could perform selling accessory attach rates on the consoles.

They're going to make you pay $600-$800 up front, or else be testing out some sort of other sales goal, if it's ship-to-home.
Probably true, would be nice if they let you pick like 2-3 games and build your own bundle.

Got one through Playstation Direct today.Free shipping with PSN plus membership.

Got one through Playstation Direct today.Free shipping with PSN plus membership.
Speaking of Playstation Direct. I saw a refurbished PS4 Pro on there for $350.

What do you all think? I don't have a 4K television/monitor yet. Amassed quite a few PS4 games from various sales.

And nothing on PS5 really interests me.

At this point, is a PS4 Pro worth it or should I just save that $350 towards a PS5?

Speaking of Playstation Direct. I saw a refurbished PS4 Pro on there for $350.

What do you all think? I don't have a 4K television/monitor yet. Amassed quite a few PS4 games from various sales.

And nothing on PS5 really interests me.

At this point, is a PS4 Pro worth it or should I just save that $350 towards a PS5?

Just put it toward a PS5.

Just put it toward a PS5.
This. Since the PS5 plays almost all PS4 games, is more powerful than a Pro, is more future proof obviously, has a better controller, and will surely end up having some PS5 games you are interested in down the line, it seems like spending an additional $150 for a PS5 over a refurb Pro makes more sense. I debated getting a Pro or a PS5 for a second room. I decided to just keep rolling with a PS4 Slim in that room until I can get a second PS5.

Redman’s got the right idea. If it’s a choice between ps4 pro and ps5, you go with the ps5.
Rather than buy 2 ps5s, I would keep both the ps5 and ps4 since you can remote play ps5 games on the ps4. This way you won’t have to worry about lugging around that monstrosity of a console that is the ps5 or pay 5 benjis or more for a 2nd ps5 console.
If money is tight and you can’t afford the ps5, check FB marketplace diligently. I have been able to snag 3 ps4 pros for $200 each since Nov 2020.

Haven't touched my PS5 since finishing Demon's Souls last year and we're almost into August. Any games, Sony?

If this isn't in ample supply by around Christmas time, mine is going up on ebay when it peaks for $1500.

Haven't touched my PS5 since finishing Demon's Souls last year and we're almost into August. Any games, Sony?

If this isn't in ample supply by around Christmas time, mine is going up on ebay when it peaks for $1500.
Good luck with that, it's not going to peak for $1500 again. You're missing out on good games released since.

Agree except not selling mine. Never had a ps4 pro so I’m using it to cherry pick my backlog. Have played more ps4 games on my ps5 than ps5 games. Very annoying.

I had the same experience. I loved Demon's Souls and Astro's but didn't touch my ps5 for months. I decided to sell it back in March for cost and plan to rebuy when something comes out that I likey:)

Agree except not selling mine. Never had a ps4 pro so I’m using it to cherry pick my backlog. Have played more ps4 games on my ps5 than ps5 games. Very annoying.

I've accepted my backlog as future investments at this point, some of which have been very lucrative now that quite a few are decades old. That said, I don't feel pressure to play anything I skipped in lieu of other games at the time so for me, having quite a few PS4 games still waiting to be played hasn't warranted keeping a PS5 around should the price rise again. I would certainly be annoyed if all I was playing were those games on a new generation console, especially given quite a few have yet to receive those promised free updates to graphics.

I've accepted my backlog as future investments at this point, some of which have been very lucrative now that quite a few are decades old. That said, I don't feel pressure to play anything I skipped in lieu of other games at the time so for me, having quite a few PS4 games still waiting to be played hasn't warranted keeping a PS5 around should the price rise again. I would certainly be annoyed if all I was playing were those games on a new generation console, especially given quite a few have yet to receive those promised free updates to graphics.
That's kinda how I feel about mine actually, my backlog is so huge that I think of it as an investment in case I need to sell some of it at some point.

If you own a ps5 and you haven't played Returnal, you are doing it wrong. It's a great game and the near total removal of loading screens for games like Nioh, Returnal, Demon's Souls is such a massive QoL improvement it's impossible to play the previous versions again. 

If you own a ps5 and you haven't played Returnal, you are doing it wrong. It's a great game and the near total removal of loading screens for games like Nioh, Returnal, Demon's Souls is such a massive QoL improvement it's impossible to play the previous versions again.
Nobody is doing it wrong. People should not be pressured to spend $70 on a game that may not be for them. Returnal and Demon's Souls may be great games, but they are not for everyone. I don't like repeating death games and $70 is a big ask to try it.

I refuse to spend $70 much less $60 on any games. That's why we're all here, to save money though. But I am not paying almost $100 for a game that will be on sale within a month somewhere. Even returnal, though it was a glitch for a short period of time, was $35 used at Gamestop. Even without that, you can stack coupons, gift card offers and reward points to get these games for less. 

But yeah, no one should feel pressured to play any game, especially at $60+.

I am patiently waiting to play a big game:   Horizon Zero Dawn 2: Forbidden West.      Ratchet&Clank RiftApart was a superb title; but now the PS5 rests until HZD2 to fire up.   

I refuse to spend $70 much less $60 on any games. That's why we're all here, to save money though. But I am not paying almost $100 for a game that will be on sale within a month somewhere. Even returnal, though it was a glitch for a short period of time, was $35 used at Gamestop. Even without that, you can stack coupons, gift card offers and reward points to get these games for less.

Even with the last generation, I hardly ever spent $60 for a game. I don't get why people complain about $60 or $70 games. You're a CAG and should know basic ways of finding a deal or just play your backlogs of games until the game you want hit your price range.

It was $50 a month ago at Best Buy.

That said, I bought it then, platinumed it, and I still don't think I would recommend it to most people. There's a huge flaw in how there's only 2 checkpoints in the entire game. Which means, if you don't speedrun, it can take hours a run. Hours that you lose when it crashes or you have a power outage, or want to play another game.

First time through the second half of the game took me 3-4 hours. And then I lost that progress.

It was $50 a month ago at Best Buy.

That said, I bought it then, platinumed it, and I still don't think I would recommend it to most people. There's a huge flaw in how there's only 2 checkpoints in the entire game. Which means, if you don't speedrun, it can take hours a run. Hours that you lose when it crashes or you have a power outage, or want to play another game.

First time through the second half of the game took me 3-4 hours. And then I lost that progress.
Thought I read that they patched in a save feature.

bread's done
Back