Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I tried to get both an XBX and PS5 at the same time. The PS5 countdown started at 35 minutes, the XBX started at 7, so I knew which one I wouldn't be getting.

It sounds like my wife was able to get one. A heavy fedex box from Walmart showed up and she told me to leave it alone. Now I have a 15 pound box roughly 17x18 under the tree lol.

highly recommend the Sabrent heatsink for anyone's eventual PS5 ssd m.2 upgrade! installs like a charm and helps keep the air temps cool i put in sabrent rocket 4 plus ssd
I agree. Yesterday the 2TB SSDs bundled with the heatsink I ordered for my kids arrived. I had them both installed in 20 minutes. What I like is that the heatsink utilizes the PS5's fan to disperse the heat generated by the SSD.

e001439ba5021d1296ac970de9dfed89.jpg

66d9ff22d8ff64649984f08fb7f44b2f.jpg

I personally put a 4TB Firecuda in my PS5 and use the Sabrent heatsink cover for it. I can tell you from personal experience that it does work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to check the sony direct shipping price but the cheapest game was $7.50 and it gave free shipping. I am just going to trade the game in for $5.50 at gamestop lol

I forgot to check the sony direct shipping price but the cheapest game was $7.50 and it gave free shipping. I am just going to trade the game in for $5.50 at gamestop lol
When I ordered mine from Sony I added a month of PS Plus to get free shipping. Not the cheapest way to get Plus, but better than paying shipping.

I had a 28 minute wait and ordered a Disc version

I've had the Digital one for about a year

being stuck with just Sony's storefront for all my gaming purchases stinks.

I think Walmart just charged me so maybe it's coming before Jan 3rd or maybe they'll sneeze and cancel it lol

do i sell the digital version or keep it? i mean it's 1TB of free space for a cheaper cost lol

I think Walmart just charged me so maybe it's coming before Jan 3rd or maybe they'll sneeze and cancel it lol
do i sell the digital version or keep it? i mean it's 1TB of free space for a cheaper cost lol
Cash out while you can boss. There’s big value there for now

What do you mean cheaper cost? You can sell that for at least $500 or more even though it's used. That's at least what you paid for the disc version. You can buy an external 1TB SSD for like $70 or so. If you want an internal one to play PS5 games, you can get them for $275 or less even with a heatsink. Right now you paid $400 plus tax and $500 plus tax. That's $900 plus tax you've spent. You can get at least half of that back and pay the $275 and come out ahead. Also, on the digital PS5, you only have 667GB of available storage so you'd be getting a lot more storage with the 1TB internal upgrade. I would definitely sell it.

Another failed attempt at Target this morning. Keeps being removed from cart. Continues for over a minute. Gone at every store within a minute.

i am surprised everyone doesn't move to a walmart / sony direct type system where you wait in line.
Shipping is not an option for me where I live. I live 1/4 mile down a lane which delivery trucks won't come down and I've lost countless items being left at the end of the driveway along the road. I know there are "easier" methods, but they're not an option unfortunately. Unless it fits in a mailbox, I can't buy it.

Shipping is not an option for me where I live. I live 1/4 mile down a lane which delivery trucks won't come down and I've lost countless items being left at the end of the driveway along the road. I know there are "easier" methods, but they're not an option unfortunately. Unless it fits in a mailbox, I can't buy it.
i am not talking about shipping though. I am talking about a queue system as target's website can't handle the traffic and that is why the checkout system crashes.

Story time. You ready? Long read but here goes….

I hit on the target restock this morning! So excited, man I’ was geeked because I hit on a PS5 for someone who really wanted it. Solid way to start the day right? Right! Texted the father of the family, boom cash-app $550 to me. Everyone’s cool. I pull into Target, confiDANTly going in knowing what prize I’m about to walk out and meet the man with, you know, a PS5 console, with all sorts of gleeful aura. Well, that didn’t happen. Why?

The last big Target disaster of a drop during Cyber week left a lot of individuals longing, myself included. Then I ran across a post saying that many people were successful because they had an additional item in the cart. Something along the lines of algorithms and such with an additional item would make the purchase easier.

Back to the why. My cart was jacked, well partially jacked, but I didn’t know that because I was behind the wheel driving when I received the order confirmation after spamming checkout for a cool 10 minutes, with a PS5 in it. I definitely saw the system in the cart during final checkout. I left Target with shame in one hand, and a banana in the other.

A freaking banana. So whoever you are Mr. userman or woman, a big &$?!-You is in order for this. You ruined my night. Spider-Man No Way Home was absolutely amazing, and you still managed to ruin my night. I now have a craving for some Mario Kart. So thank you, you such and such, and €£#%-you.

Stopped by Gamestop this morning for a return. Got in line and walked out with the return accomplished and a PS5 about 10 minutes later. They got just over 40 units. I felt a bit bad for the dozen people in line ahead of me who had been in line for three hours in the cold and snow.

There were five people behind me in line when I left and 33 bundles left.

i am not talking about shipping though. I am talking about a queue system as target's website can't handle the traffic and that is why the checkout system crashes.
Oh. I thought you were insinuating that I should just buy from Walmart on direct from Sony. I was annoyed at the time and wasn't thinking about anything but the time I wasted yet again trying to get a console. These stores/sites should just let people preorder and deliver them when they can get them.

What was the Gamestop bundle?
$799. PS5 console, charging station, extra controller, $50 Gamestop gift card, and three games: Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate, Ratchet and Clank, and Ghosts of Tsushima.

I know the games were cheaper during sales, but it's nice to have the system.

Rough break-out costs were:

PS5 $500

Controller $75 (red)

Gift card $50

Games $50 each

Charging station $25

I got the same GS bundle today...although I personally value the 3 games at about $25 each instead of $50 each.  So it feels like I paid a $75 MSRP fee to get the system, but I guess that's how bad I wanted it. 

Probably frowned upon to try to return the unopened games later. lol. 

I got the same GS bundle today...although I personally value the 3 games at about $25 each instead of $50 each. So it feels like I paid a $75 MSRP fee to get the system, but I guess that's how bad I wanted it.

The receipt requires everything be returned together. You'll need to look for someone who will override it. I'm good with the games, but would love to return the charging dock.

I was happy to see they were charging the current sale prices on the games and not $69.99 each.

I got the same GS bundle today...although I personally value the 3 games at about $25 each instead of $50 each. So it feels like I paid a $75 MSRP fee to get the system, but I guess that's how bad I wanted it.

I wouldn't say it's frowned upon. Them forcing you to buy things you don't want isn't right.

I wouldn't say it's frowned upon. Them forcing you to buy things you don't want isn't right.
This shady nonsense has been happening with cars for decades. You go to buy a new car and the only one the dealer has comes with overpriced "optional accessories" from the factory that you cannot refuse and often times the local dealership will add their own options on site that they cannot/will not remove from the vehicle or the price of the car.

My first new car purchase was a base model thay inexplicably had wood veneers (basically wooden stickers) applied around the interior by the dealership. That negotiation was pretty funny, as I argued they should take even more off the price because of the tacky accessories they added. In a buyer's market that was an easy win, but when the item is scarce, buyers are going to get taken advantage of to the limit of the law.

We are honestly lucky that GameStop hasn't started opening console boxes, applying decals, and charging us extra for a "custom console"

This shady nonsense has been happening with cars for decades. You go to buy a new car and the only one the dealer has comes with overpriced "optional accessories" from the factory that you cannot refuse and often times the local dealership will add their own options on site that they cannot/will not remove from the vehicle or the price of the car.

My first new car purchase was a base model thay inexplicably had wood veneers (basically wooden stickers) applied around the interior by the dealership. That negotiation was pretty funny, as I argued they should take even more off the price because of the tacky accessories they added. In a buyer's market that was an easy win, but when the item is scarce, buyers are going to get taken advantage of to the limit of the law.

We are honestly lucky that GameStop hasn't started opening console boxes, applying decals, and charging us extra for a "custom console"

The only way to beat dealers, GameStop, and anyone else that’s similar….. is to refuse purchase. I spent over an hour telling a dealer once that I was not purchasing the forced optional stuff. Once I began to walk out while saying enough magically his boss agreed to my terms.

The only way to beat dealers, GameStop, and anyone else that’s similar….. is to refuse purchase. I spent over an hour telling a dealer once that I was not purchasing the forced optional stuff. Once I began to walk out while saying enough magically his boss agreed to my terms.
Difference is for every person who is unwilling to buy the PS5 with the extra stuff, there’s at least 10 people who will buy the extras. If you’re willing to hold out, power to ya, but you’re not exactly hurting the retailer by walking

I may sell the bundle, keep the bundle, return part of the bundle (if allowed) or not.  This is just supposed to be a fun place to discuss this stuff.  But this ends up being like debating an old person from the 1700s sometimes lol.  It all fun n' games y'all.  Let's have fun.  Remember that? Fun?  

Sometimes when I see a grumpy ol' post from a 1700s time traveler I "like" it anyway just to try to bring the fun and friendship (as much as one can experience friendship on the internet ok) back to the discussion. 

Yes I knew what was in the bundle even the game I have no intention of ever playing is in the bundle.  It's ok.  It's ok.  It's gonna be ok.  It's just for fun.  

So did anyone else get an e-mail from M$ earlier today asking if you wanted to buy a Halo Edition Series X bundle? I jumped on it after verifying that it was legit and got 2. With this bundle from M$ you get the Halo Series X, a digital download game, and a controller. 1 is for myself and the other is for a buddy of mine who lost his mind when I told him he owes me some money because of what I managed to get for him.

I'm just realized I posted in the wrong thread, mods feel free to move this post to the proper thread.

my local gamestop has like 50 ps5s and theyre not even on the map/list
by the size of the store i would have never thought theyd get them

bread's done
Back