Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Yeah. They even created a fake pandemic to make it even more believable.
I know my last post was a tad ‘on the nose’. The PS5 has never been hard to get. I even accidentally bought one over a year ago. Had numerous times I could have bought them and if I was one of the scummy resellers, could have flipped a dozen by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know my last post was a tad ‘on the nose’. The PS5 has never been hard to get. I even accidentally bought one over a year ago. Had numerous times I could have bought them and if I was one of the scummy resellers, could have flipped a dozen by now.
How could you flipped a dozen by now if they were never hard to get? Why are/were people paying resellers more money then?

How could you flipped a dozen by now if they were never hard to get? Why are/were people paying resellers more money then?
Resellers cornered the market. Which is completely wrong. I unfortunately know of two people who do it and make some side money from their day jobs.

How could I have bought a dozen? Easily. Local stores regularly get them in stock, which I'm informed of fairly often. Sony direct emails me as well and I delete the email every time as I don't need a second PS5.

They are much easier to get now than they were a year ago, thankfully... look back a year ago in this thread and you have your answer. Sony is not purposefully making lesd than the demand because that would be stupid. They do not profit from resellers.

They are much easier to get now than they were a year ago, thankfully... look back a year ago in this thread and you have your answer. Sony is not purposefully making lesd than the demand because that would be stupid. They do not profit from resellers.
They lose money on each console being made. This might have changed with recent redesigns, their recent 2021 Q3 is when it became proftiable. They make their money back on software sales and accessories.

What do you mean by newer one? As far as I know, there are only two models. Launch, which is heavy and better, and the second release, which they put cheaper parts in to cut cost and it runs hotter.
According to Eurogamers Digital Foundry and Steve at Gamers Nexus, you got them backwards and the heat thermal margins between them is pretty insignificant. You should watch Gamers Nexus in depth review of the launch and revised PS5.

I'm waiting for holiday bundle/deal, at worst I get a newer model on it's own or maybe I can get a game not Horizon.

And just ignore the troll, I've had them blocked a while now.

Or making excuses for why they shouldnt buy one. As far as forced bundles go... you can do a lot worse than HZD2, one of the best games of the year.

I wouldn't count on a new holiday bundle when they're still trying to bolster Horizon's lifetime numbers. Delayed for years and they launched it against Elden Ring. . . :dunce:

Don’t expect any bundles not even god of war lol. Ps5 is still “hard” to get. If it can’t be found in stores by a mom or dad who don’t go online to check inventory, it’s still “hard to get” why would Sony make a special bundle when it’s still hard to get? It’ll only piss off true fans and bots/scalpers will get em the first few seconds/min pre orders go live lol

Or making excuses for why they shouldnt buy one. As far as forced bundles go... you can do a lot worse than HZD2, one of the best games of the year.
Still refuse to buy a bundle that has a digital copy of a game instead of physical. Otherwise I'd consider it.

Still refuse to buy a bundle that has a digital copy of a game instead of physical. Otherwise I'd consider it.
Why? Buy it, flip the digital game for an easy $30, then just buy a disc copy on sale and stuff it in the box so your bundle has a physical copy. Based on the news that came out yesterday about the next revision of the PS5, be prepared to embrace an all digital future because it is coming sooner than we all think. Wouldn't be shocked if MS makes a discless Series X in the next year or so as well.

I've read there's a new PS5 on the way in 2023 that will not include a disc drive but instead you will have to plug it into a USB-C port. The rumors have been saying that it will be a slimmer PS5. Maybe but the slimmer PS5 is the digital version. Given the economic times we are in, I would not be surprised if the new PS5 turns out to be the same PS5 Digital version that's currently being sold. And if you want you can just buy a BR drive if you want.

I've read there's a new PS5 on the way in 2023 that will not include a disc drive but instead you will have to plug it into a USB-C port. The rumors have been saying that it will be a slimmer PS5. Maybe but the slimmer PS5 is the digital version. Given the economic times we are in, I would not be surprised if the new PS5 turns out to be the same PS5 Digital version that's currently being sold. And if you want you can just buy a BR drive if you want.
That's the way to bring people to the digital only doom that is supposedly coming. Give the consumer an actual option like an external Blu-ray drive.

What if it’s a cheaper version lol like an Xbox series S. PS5 S
I would buy a non-4K PS5. A glorified PS4 Pro in a small case.

Why? Buy it, flip the digital game for an easy $30, then just buy a disc copy on sale and stuff it in the box so your bundle has a physical copy. Based on the news that came out yesterday about the next revision of the PS5, be prepared to embrace an all digital future because it is coming sooner than we all think. Wouldn't be shocked if MS makes a discless Series X in the next year or so as well.
I don't know about an all digital Series X without even the option of being able to use an optical drive. I never understood the point of the all digital Xbox consoles.

Look at the PS3 and 360 right now, especially if yours has a broken optical drive. The Xbox Series S and Xbox One All Digital are going to be paperweights when Microsoft is done supporting them.

Now if you told me the Xbox One All Digital sold more Xbox One consoles. Then maybe I'll believe in the doom of all digital and finally give up on my backlog of Xbox/360/One discs.

I never understood the point of the all digital Xbox consoles.

Look at the PS3 and 360 right now, especially if yours has a broken optical drive. The Xbox Series S and Xbox One All Digital are going to be paperweights when Microsoft is done supporting them.
The primary reason for going Digital is to cutout the middleman aka Gamestop. The Digital trend was a response to Gamestop encouraging used game sales. They boasted how much of a killing they were making in sales and that it was the driving force behind their sales which is true. I had a friend who was a Gamestop manager and he told me they made very little from new game sales and made up for it with used game sales.

That made the Publishers turn on places like Gamestop when they complained they were losing money on used game sales. Then Gamestop responding by saying that wasn't true and just kept selling more and more used games. The Publishers then turned their attention to Microsoft, Sony and basically said it wasn't worth making games for them because they were losing so much money.

That's when Digital sales began to be emphasized. That's also when Sony and Microsoft started discounting their digital games. Shortly after Microsoft began Game Pass. This all was a response to how Gamestop was affecting the business.

As to your other point, I will have to disagree because I can still play my 360, PS3 and Xbox One games. I can even still log in with my 360 and make a purchase for some games. Older consoles still get some support. Nintendo is the one that tends to cutoff access to its platforms. The Wii U and 3DS recently got cutoff from their store.

The primary reason for going Digital is to cutout the middleman aka Gamestop. The Digital trend was a response to Gamestop encouraging used game sales. They boasted how much of a killing they were making in sales and that it was the driving force behind their sales which is true. I had a friend who was a Gamestop manager and he told me they made very little from new game sales and made up for it with used game sales.

That made the Publishers turn on places like Gamestop when they complained they were losing money on used game sales. Then Gamestop responding by saying that wasn't true and just kept selling more and more used games. The Publishers then turned their attention to Microsoft, Sony and basically said it wasn't worth making games for them because they were losing so much money.

That's when Digital sales began to be emphasized. That's also when Sony and Microsoft started discounting their digital games. Shortly after Microsoft began Game Pass. This all was a response to how Gamestop was affecting the business.

As to your other point, I will have to disagree because I can still play my 360, PS3 and Xbox One games. I can even still log in with my 360 and make a purchase for some games. Older consoles still get some support. Nintendo is the one that tends to cutoff access to its platforms. The Wii U and 3DS recently got cutoff from their store.
As the consumer that buys more new games than used that's not my problem that Gamestop's business strategy of used game sales is cutting into profits of Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo.

Offer that $60/$70 game for $10 digitally if they're that salty against used game sales. I mean, 7 people spending $10 on a digital copy is better than $70 on a physical copy that's being shared among 7 friends. After whatever profits made on a new game sale that goes to a retailer.

I honestly do not know what changed with a lot of people's opinion on services like PlayStation Plus from 10 years ago that people complained that "you're just renting those free games." To now, "I like renting" instead.

As the consumer that buys more new games than used that's not my problem that Gamestop's business strategy of used game sales is cutting into profits of Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo.

Offer that $60/$70 game for $10 digitally if they're that salty against used game sales. I mean, 7 people spending $10 on a digital copy is better than $70 on a physical copy that's being shared among 7 friends. After whatever profits made on a new game sale that goes to a retailer.

I honestly do not know what changed with a lot of people's opinion on services like PlayStation Plus from 10 years ago that people complained that "you're just renting those free games." To now, "I like renting" instead.
Games are more expensive now. People are even poorer now. Games are worse now (in my opinion) and aren't worth investing the money into.

Games are more expensive now. People are even poorer now. Games are worse now (in my opinion) and aren't worth investing the money into.
This is somewhat how I see things and can't figure out why a completely digital only console is even considered/exists.

I'm totally the opposite now. I rarely buy new games. I wait for them to show up on Game Pass and for me its totally free because I cash in my Microsoft Rewards points and buy 1 month subscriptions to Game Pass.

This is somewhat how I see things and can't figure out why a completely digital only console is even considered/exists.
I bought a Series X thinking I'd be buying nothing but physical games. I've only bought 3 old games since getting it in January along with 30+ digital games all bought primarily with MS Rewards points. Xbox is the perfect poor person machine with MS Rewards and Gamepass. I was always physical only until finally getting good internet and getting back into Xbox this gen.

I'm totally the opposite now. I rarely buy new games. I wait for them to show up on Game Pass and for me its totally free because I cash in my Microsoft Rewards points and buy 1 month subscriptions to Game Pass.
Cool, if that works for you. I just want more options.

I'll say it again, I would settle on an Xbox Series S if had an external disc drive for Xbox One and older Xbox discs. Nothing that is Series X/S exclusive interests me at the moment, except maybe Cyberpunk.

I bought a Series X thinking I'd be buying nothing but physical games. I've only bought 3 old games since getting it in January along with 30+ digital games all bought primarily with MS Rewards points. Xbox is the perfect poor person machine with MS Rewards and Gamepass. I was always physical only until finally getting good internet and getting back into Xbox this gen.
30+ games?! If I had that kind of money I would so convert all of my discs into digital copies and dump the discs at Gamestop or some local video game store.

I'm trying to convince myself to settle on an Xbox One VCR and a Series S.

More on topic for this thread, I'm still trying to convince myself I don't need a $500 PS5 with a supposed PS5 Pro or a PS5 slim with an external disc drive coming. Better yet, to settle on a PS4 slim, until that PS5 Pro/PS5 slim gets released.

Fully aware of this news. It's slightly encouraging me to consider buying the disc based system this year, presuming I care enough to look for one.

Cool, if that works for you. I just want more options.

I'll say it again, I would settle on an Xbox Series S if had an external disc drive for Xbox One and older Xbox discs. Nothing that is Series X/S exclusive interests me at the moment, except maybe Cyberpunk.

30+ games?! If I had that kind of money I would so convert all of my discs into digital copies and dump the discs at Gamestop or some local video game store.

I'm trying to convince myself to settle on an Xbox One VCR and a Series S.

More on topic for this thread, I'm still trying to convince myself I don't need a $500 PS5 with a supposed PS5 Pro or a PS5 slim with an external disc drive coming. Better yet, to settle on a PS4 slim, until that PS5 Pro/PS5 slim gets released.
I've only spent $30-40 of actual money on all of the digital games I've bought this year. I wait for huge sales and use the MS Rewards points from the 2 accounts I have on them. I wouldn't recommend a Series S just because of the price of additional storage alone. You spend $70-80 less on a Series S with a 512GB card than the X costs just to get the same amount of storage it has. Get one using All Access if you're a poor kid like me. Best investment in gaming I've ever met.

Getting rid of Gamestop is better described as a symptom of publishers' motivation, not the primary reason. I would argue that the primary reason isn't so much getting rid of retailer middlemen but procuring the data that comes with you having to be online to play your games.

Rest assured platform owners are collecting every tidbit of your usage data they can get their hands on - what you play, how long you play, what you search for, what sorts of DLCs you buy (and don't buy), what sorts of music you listen to, what movies you watch, what apps you use, etc.

Physical games on-disc mean you don't have to be online. It means they have no way of tracking you, watching you, and mining and selling that data to figure out what gets you to buy ... and what doesn't.

That data is worth every effort to move players to digital. It's certainly worth a WHOLE bunch more money than whatever they're allegedly losing to Gamestop and retailers.

Ultimately, this is all about having more control over their products, not just the game itself, but all of the information that flows in connection with it. Before, publishers had to rely on third-party surveys and NPD sales information, which had a host of accuracy problems, not to mention delays.

With digital, there is no lag, no missing information. The platform owner knows at any given second what it sold, along with a bevy of other usage information.

Too bad the average consumer has no idea what he/she is really giving up for the "convenience."

Getting rid of Gamestop is better described as a symptom of publishers' motivation, not the primary reason. I would argue that the primary reason isn't so much getting rid of retailer middlemen but procuring the data that comes with you having to be online to play your games.

Rest assured platform owners are collecting every tidbit of your usage data they can get their hands on - what you play, how long you play, what you search for, what sorts of DLCs you buy (and don't buy), what sorts of music you listen to, what movies you watch, what apps you use, etc.

Physical games on-disc mean you don't have to be online. It means they have no way of tracking you, watching you, and mining and selling that data to figure out what gets you to buy ... and what doesn't.

That data is worth every effort to move players to digital. It's certainly worth a WHOLE bunch more money than whatever they're allegedly losing to Gamestop and retailers.

Ultimately, this is all about having more control over their products, not just the game itself, but all of the information that flows in connection with it. Before, publishers had to rely on third-party surveys and NPD sales information, which had a host of accuracy problems, not to mention delays.

With digital, there is no lag, no missing information. The platform owner knows at any given second what it sold, along with a bevy of other usage information.

Too bad the average consumer has no idea what he/she is really giving up for the "convenience."
And yet you are being tracked regardless whether you are playing a physical game or digital. Once you are connected to the internet all of your data the developer or publisher wants to see gets uploaded. We are living in an interconnected world. You are being tracked by your credit card purchases, your purchases from your smart phones, your smart devices you carry with you, your smart homes devices, how much electricity you are using and when you use it. Whether you play a digital game or insert a DVD it's al the same in the end.

If you don't want to be tracked, pay everything with cash, buy a dumb phone, don't use devices that connect to the internet, disconnect your consoles from the internet and don't update your games or system. I however play my games now via Game Pass and rarely if ever buy anything so it doesn't matter. I don't care about uploading my data regarding how long I played or what achievements I earned. Once you go online, they got you by the balls.

I've been thinking about it, and any other year it would be silly to buy now. Black Friday ads are going to start next week. I was going to have to start holiday set at work next week but they're putting it off for hurricane prep. I can log on PS Direct right now and buy the Horizon bundle. There will be SOME incentive at least at the store level in the near future. I think the Horizon model if nothing else will stay available. 

I'm not buying a digital game bundle, Sony. Sell the console by itself and I'll decide what retail physical game I want to go with it.

It's bonkers that the scalping problem with PS5 is still going on after two years on the market.

Doesn't matter how long I wait. Won't buy a digital game bundle; won't buy from a scalper. Will just play on my PS4 until this sorts itself out.

With a recession around the corner and hyperinflation only worsening, there is no question luxury goods like the PS5 are going to see significant drops in demand. The market correction - which will take a little time - will eventually allow average consumers like me to see a PS5 out for sale.

To this day, I've never seen a PS5 in the wild. Ever.

The mental gymnastics that people manufacture in order to outwardly and publicly justify their reasoning for not being able to buy a PS5 never ceases to amaze me. 

The mental gymnastics that people manufacture in order to outwardly and publicly justify their reasoning for not being able to buy a PS5 never ceases to amaze me.
No mental gymnastics here.

I'll buy one when I can easily buy one. And feel free to look at my comments on physical media. Few on here are as consistent about these things as I am.

Nobody cares what you do.

Forced bundles suck, but at least you get something for your money instead of simply costing more.

There's nothing complicated about it. Sony is refusing to sell the console at the original $499.99 price point.

If Sony decides to stop fucking around and let me buy it, I'll buy it.

They are still selling the non-bundle disc and digital PS5. They are just the first one to go. They been selling them at Best Buy and Target in-store when there's a restock. Direct too if you get lucky and get placed at front of the que.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1575283694163533824?t=SE7J8wC4j25RBbuF2UtGRQ&s=19

No, the PS5 is impossible to find because I say so, and I am not delusional at all. I'm definitely not lazy as shit with a bad attitude. Buy on Amazon??

I should be able to order Playstations with my mind, just by thinking about it.

Is this the first time amazon has done an invite system or have they been doing this for awhile? I am wondering how hard it is to get a non bundle console from them.

The bundles wouldn't be as bad if they also included a custom controller or console. It needs something else for the $50 besides a digital copy of the game.

Is this the first time amazon has done an invite system or have they been doing this for awhile? I am wondering how hard it is to get a non bundle console from them.

The bundles wouldn't be as bad if they also included a custom controller or console. It needs something else for the $50 besides a digital copy of the game.
been a while. I think I signed up at least 2 months ago.

bread's done
Back