Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
does gamesharing on ps4/ps5 really require you to login to the primary account to download the games? Seems so much easier on xbox lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm beginning to think the more you play with something in Rocket League the longer it will take the titanium white version of it to drop via Rocket Pass. I'm 195 and haven't had the white or grey Esoto 4R's drop yet, and if they don't by April 7, I'm gonna be bummed.

They really need to add a auction house to the game to set up trades easier or let us sell back or breakdown crap we don't want for stuff we do, even if it would take a lot to do so to avoid putting a dent on their microtransaction thing they got going on with the blueprints. Like just open up the catalog and let us work towards stuff, there's some wheels from last season I'd like to get...those white skateboard ones, and it's impossible without having to go to some third party site or asking around, and it's just not a very social game on PS4. Heck, I've only heard two people with a mic since I started playing back in September.

That, daily challenges, and a song checklist option would make one of the best gaming experiences I've had in years even better.

None of my ps4 controllers are connecting to my ps4. I tried connecting them via the cord, tried pressing the reset button behind r2, tried holding share and ps button at the same time, tried resetting the system. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

I'm very tempted by watch dogs legion gold for 40... but I keep holding out for the steelbook to drop, cause I'm obsessed with steelbooks...

Nope they are all fully charged. The white light is on one as we speak. But for whatever reason it just isn't connecting.
I’ve had that happen a few times. Not sure why. I had to connect the controller while the system is powered on with a cable. I then had to hold down the power button on the system to hard shut it down. Leave the controller connected. I then turned on the system with the system’s power button, and the controller would connect. It’s probably happened to me about 3 times over the life of my console. I’ve had it since just a few months after launch.

Thanks that worked. Wonder why the hell it bugged out.
Shit happens lol. I had the power go out at my place and once it came back on hours later, my console wouldn’t turn on. Had to unplug and then plug it back in. Supposedly that is the real “hard reset”. Glad it worked for you.

Demon’s Souls Digital Deluxe worth the bump in price? Really want the game but I don’t know if those extras are worth the added cost. Anyone care to chime in?

Is there a way to put playstation and xbox games in a "wishlist" and be notified of when the game goes on sale?

The store built into the PS5 store has a wishlist with (supposedly) notifications.  Though, I've never seen a notification going off, but I think that's because I have it set to not pop them up when I'm in a game.

The store built into the PS5 store has a wishlist with (supposedly) notifications. Though, I've never seen a notification going off, but I think that's because I have it set to not pop them up when I'm in a game.
That seems odd given that notifications should be saved if it's anything like the ps4.

I beat Demon's Souls over the weekend. Tried it in the PS3 days and could only ever beat one level (1-1), lol. Feels good to have finally gotten the hang of it.

Now I'm onto Bloodborne. Spent a couple of hours on it last night but still struggling with the first level. I managed to find some item (Mask of Madness or something) that unlocked the doll for upgrading stats, so I'll be grinding for levelups til I can beat the level.

Hoping Dark Souls: Remastered goes on sale soon, and I'll get into that game too.

Impressions from playing some more of my PS4 backlog. Hopefully these give insights to those who have these games in their backlog. It's quick for me to type up, and I enjoy playing these games. Trying to figure out what to prioritize is fun.

COD Ghosts - This is single player only (the multiplayer was bad in this one ages ago). I never played these single player and am doing it to clear out the backlog. Frankly the graphics are okay enough even in the older agining engine. The story is a little silly at times, but I was enjoying myself. Gunplay is same old COD, and I will finish this one. You also get a doggo to use. 7/10 after 1 hour of gameplay.

Dark Rose Valkyrie - Add yet another one to an Iffy game that feels OK, but boring at times. I played this one for 5 hours. you play as a guy who will be the commander to all these soldiers and are going to fight monsters. You try to beat big enemies and complete some quests. The story tries to remain interesting, as this commander is new and possibly not every soldier is a good soldier. The battle system has you comboing skills and if you defeat an enemy you do some crazy hitting combos to guarantee item drops. I just fast forward all this. It is really repetitive, though the battle system here is better than the previous Omega Quintet I checked out. There is OK enough graphics. Nothing amazing, but nothing truly ugly. Music is also average. Nothing great here, and could personally drop anytime. Going to the lower end of the backlog. 6/10

Nights of the Azure - I really was enjoying this one. A decent controlling and looking hack and slash that felt like a cleaner and more controlled Dynasty Warriors title. Alright story too after about 30 minutes. Will keep playing for sure. 7/10

Zanki Zero - This one was a really weird dungeon crawler. It kind of combines the atmosphere and zany characters of Danganronpa and a weird real time dungeon crawler thing. This one is hard. I have fully completed 2 complete dungeons in around 5 or 6 hours. You have to constantly fight against hunger/stress/bladder and overall HP as well as an aging mechanic. This is extremely similar to Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines, but seems more brutal here. There is a lot of way to skill up your people and a lot of factors. I find it difficult to keep having them get enough food, control their age and beat the pretty tough dungeons. The dungeon crawling has a variable difficulty with more difficulty getting more rewards. There are puzzles in the dungeons as well as backstory of the characters. You also have this guy and sheep host these characters similar to Monokuma from Danganronpa. This game isn't for everyone, but those looking for a tough dungeon crawl or some interesting character story should apply for this. I really was getting into it and this is going to top of my backlog. Also the stories are less fantastical than Dangonronpa. I could see these actually happening. I also really like the 3D characters. 8/10 and will play more.

I played the demo for it and hated it due to the clunky combat. I really wish it was just turn based with action commands for the charge ring stuff. Supposedly the aging and other stuff is not as bad on the lowest difficulty setting.

Your rng sounds like it was a problem as I had no issues good wise and had to drop stuff due to the limited inventory space frequently.

In case anyone doesn't know about it already, I use PS Store Helper Chrome Extension when browsing on the PSN website.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ps-store-helper/ldjfkloldnlohgeblkanmjeehpeapbep

It does a good job of helping me see if a game is at a historical low and if it has a decent metacritic score. 

I couple that with adding games I like/own to the psprices.com website to help me track my backlog and wishlist (I recommend doing the same thing on dekudeals for Switch owners btw).

I'm wondering if Outriders will wind up on ps plus for april... cause no one's going to buy it on playstation with it free on gamepass.

I beat Demon's Souls over the weekend. Tried it in the PS3 days and could only ever beat one level (1-1), lol. Feels good to have finally gotten the hang of it.

Now I'm onto Bloodborne. Spent a couple of hours on it last night but still struggling with the first level. I managed to find some item (Mask of Madness or something) that unlocked the doll for upgrading stats, so I'll be grinding for levelups til I can beat the level.

Hoping Dark Souls: Remastered goes on sale soon, and I'll get into that game too.
Just started DS last night and I am blown away by how well it runs and how amazing it looks. I normally give up on souls games, but this one has me hooked lol

Is it funny I went from praising Zanki Zero to wanting to quit after another 2 hours haha? The 3rd dungeon is so long and aging and survival mechanics are tiring as well. The real time battles suck as well. I like the story and characters so far, but yeah I think I may be waving the white flag and maybe look at the cinematics on youtube or something. I'm just getting tired of the gameplay itself. I think I'm very close to finishing that dungeon so will try to do that first before giving up.

Is it funny I went from praising Zanki Zero to wanting to quit after another 2 hours haha? The 3rd dungeon is so long and aging and survival mechanics are tiring as well. The real time battles suck as well. I like the story and characters so far, but yeah I think I may be waving the white flag and maybe look at the cinematics on youtube or something. I'm just getting tired of the gameplay itself. I think I'm very close to finishing that dungeon so will try to do that first before giving up.
did you turn the difficulty all the way down? As I read that helps. But yeah I only got it because it was on sale for cheap new but I don't think I will ever play it barring I at least master the mechanics in the demo and find a way to streamline the game. I probably wouldn't hate the survival stuff if it wasn't for the bad combat.

finally got around to playing last of us remastered. story seems interesting but i am not really sure i am enjoying the actual game
My first experience was the same. Give it time, I did and it and the sequel are two of my most favorite games of all time. And I hated it the first time I tried it.

Same here on TLoU. I bought it day 1 on ps3 and hated it, then bought the remastered one on ps4 for $10 and didn’t play it much until last year but couldn’t put it down once I got into it. Already have the 2nd one downloaded but waiting for the PS5 patch before I start it.

I think I'm starting to lose patience for RPGs. I played Romancing Saga 2 recently (Vita but also on PS4), and it's punishing at times, but I just get bored. I'm usually a bit more cathartic to dungeon crawling RPGs like Demon Gaze, which generally are not strong in story, but gameplay usually keeps me going at the off and on state. Romancing Saga 2 already feels like it has a weak story after about 1.5 hours. I know Saga games are not known for their story, but the gameplay seems bleh to me too. I feel a little lame because I used to gobble up any RPG, but I just get bored of them unless the gameplay loop is good enough or the story is good enough. I may drop this one and my excitement for Saga Frontier Remastered went to wait for heavy sale as well whenever it releases. I will say the graphics are still solid, as well as a solid soundtrack. Probably a 6/10 and dropping.

I also played Shenmue 1 and oh is it clunky. I like the cheesy English voice acting, but wow is this a slow game to start. I know I love my Yakuza games, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it through this. The story seems interesting enough, but the investigating feels silly now. I may as well play Judgement now. I will likely try my hardest and maybe do a guide eventually because this is considered so much of a classic, but it's rough as heck to play now. I do think the graphics are quite good now, and can tell at the time it came out they were quite gorgeous. For now it feels like a 6.5/10 or so, but I'll give it some more time.

I'm also sorry if I ever come as off as ultra negative or whatever. I've probably played more than a 1000 games in my lifetime, and I just don't have the patience for some of them anymore. Stuff that I feel is kind of meh is getting dropped more often now (such as the Iffy games I've been trying), though I am giving them all a benefit of the doubt. I think my tastes are just changing now. I'm likely not an RPG gamer anymore, although I still grow to love some like Persona 5 and all. 

I love Shenmue, but on the technical side it did not age well at all. Controls are clunky as hell. It would have been better off with a remaster rather than a straight port.

I'm hoping (against all reason) that that's what Capcom does with Mega Man Legends if they ever decide to do anything with it. If they just slapped out a port, it would not be well received.

I will never, ever stop being salty about the Mega Man Legends 3 fiasco. Not even if the game actually drops and it's magnificent.

I actually wouldn't put it past Capcom to release the series as a straight port, then use the mediocre reception as an excuse to say there's no interest in the series.

So long as they don't fuck up the monetization, this is pretty cool. I love bomberman and I would gladly download a F2P game and fuck around with it. I'm not sure that Bomberman makes sense as a full pay title, it's so simple at this point.

One can only hope we get a remastered collection of Legends, Legends 2 and Tron Bonne...and then a revived Legends 3...
Yes, this would be great with HD resolution and some quality of life improvements. If they got Toys For Bob on it, this could be gold!

I have a few VN questions on the new sale:

Does Steins;Gate Elite still come with Linear Bounded Phenogram or was that just a preorder bonus?

Is Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace worth $15?

Is Chaos;Child standalone?  Will I be lost without having played Chaos;Head?

bread's done
Back