Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Anyone else see the "get 15 dollars for subbing to playstation now" offer? Wording is inconsistent, but seems to state it only applies if you buy a year sub right now.

Upgrading the Avengers game is a pain in the ass. I thought all along I was playing the upgrade but it was still the PS4 version since you have to go to the store to download it. Ugh.

Upgrading the Avengers game is a pain in the ass. I thought all along I was playing the upgrade but it was still the PS4 version since you have to go to the store to download it. Ugh.
There’s been quite a bit of talk about it on Twitter. I didn’t get very far into the campaign on PS4, so I’m considering starting from scratch instead of trying to import my save. Xbox seems to have a huge advantage when it comes to this via Smart Delivery.

There’s been quite a bit of talk about it on Twitter. I didn’t get very far into the campaign on PS4, so I’m considering starting from scratch instead of trying to import my save. Xbox seems to have a huge advantage when it comes to this via Smart Delivery.
It's goofy, but if you have the ps4 version updated it only takes a minute to upload your save. They are treated as 2 different games though with separate trophy lists. When you load your save in the PS5 version all previous trophies pop automatically. It doesn't seem like you can take your PS5 save and load it in the ps4 version if for some reason anyone wanted to do that.

Anyone else see the "get 15 dollars for subbing to playstation now" offer? Wording is inconsistent, but seems to state it only applies if you buy a year sub right now.
It's far cheaper to go with the $25 - $30 deals floating around. Read it wrong, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if you're migrating your PS4 Avengers save to PS5, make sure you update the PS4 version and use the in-game data upload before deleting the PS4 version.  Xbox save management is light years ahead of PlayStation (although I do like being able to save scum on PS by manually managing cloud saves).

I love Nocturne but will wait for a deep discount.  It's a shame that they didn't bother to (or couldn't) use the higher quality music in the 'remaster' versus the compressed music in the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLYyWSmlfJM

Report: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To Be Permanently Closed In A Few Months

https://www.thegamer.com/ps3-vita-psp-stores-permanently-closed/

The PS3, PS Vita, and PlayStation Portable stores aren’t long for this world. According to a source familiar with the situation (verified by TheGamer), the stores are due to be closed down from July. The announcement is planned for the end of this month.

PSP’s and PS3’s stores are to be closed on July 2, while the PS Vita store will stay open until August 27. After those dates, you will no longer be able to purchase digital copies of games or DLC for any of the Sony consoles mentioned above.

The storefronts are already abhorrent to use on the systems (Just clunky and slow). I will make sure I have all the digital games I want before then. I haven't bought a Vita or PS3 game in a long while though. I did get the PS1 classics when they took away the web store, but I'll make sure I'm not missing much. 

My main concern is going to be if they get rid of the stores, are we going to lose access to stuff that we already purchased to be able to download it?!?!

My main concern is going to be if they get rid of the stores, are we going to lose access to stuff that we already purchased to be able to download it?!?!
yes

new console, ps3 is 15, theyre riding on this not making much of a stink. i wouldnt be surprised if this "leak" was planned to gauge the public reaction to it, just in case it might actually damage their reputation (MS added b/c to 18 year old games, sony is removing the ability to download games you bought on a system they were selling millions of units worth 6 years ago). either way, if you want them to potentially change their mind, the best method seems to be (unfortunately) filling twitter with outcry against this. and hoping we dont get obligatory "you know what, this is a GOOD thing, actually" clickbait articles.

i dont see why they would remove the ability to buy but keep hosting all of those files anyway
I'm guessing they might do like Nintendo did for the Wii. Stop purchases and still offer downloads for a year or so before pulling the plug completely. No way they host the downloads forever.

Mostly sucks for Vita because those damn memory sticks will probably jump in price when the announcement is official.

The PSP store closed awhile ago and you can still purchase and download PSP games, just not directly to the system. You have to use the PS3 storefront or the PC storefront and transfer them over. The same thing will likely happen to the PS3 games and Vita games once their storefront are closed.

Edit: Never mind it looks like you might not able to purchase these games from the wording of some of the reports out there.

Anyone else now googling "best digital only ps3 games?". I'm finding quite a few that are still available for purchase, but the cheapskate in me is swallowing hard on some of these full retail prices

https://twitter.com/mrhelmut/status/1373996078199095297

Guessing the value of more of my physical games are going to jump in value when you can’t buy them digital anymore.

The prices on these ps3 digital games are crazy.  I wanted to buy Siren Blood Curse but will not pay $20 for it but now I may have to before the store closes.  They need to have a mega sale before they close down the store.  The prices never change and there hasn't been a sale at all in over 2 years.

The prices on these ps3 digital games are crazy. I wanted to buy Siren Blood Curse but will not pay $20 for it but now I may have to before the store closes. They need to have a mega sale before they close down the store. The prices never change and there hasn't been a sale at all in over 2 years.
Developers have confirmed that sales are disabled for anything other than PS4/PS5 stuff. Crossbuy stuff is the loophole for that.

I think it would definitely benefit everyone if they did a fire sale before closing up shop. I doubt many purchases are occurring now at full price for old games so might as well have a final hoorah

Then again, you’d think Sony would be rushing to put the fire out with a statement if it wasn’t true.
I am not saying that it isn't true, I think they will be shutting down the stores eventually. The information we should probably wait on if there is a way to still purchase or downloads these games.

Guessing the value of more of my physical games are going to jump in value when you can’t buy them digital anymore.
A lot of people are gonna look to the high seas again... and I'm not talking about Assassin's Creed IV.

Thank goodness I never went all digital like many people did and stuck with physical games because I'm an old timer set in my ways. I only had digital games when they were dirt cheap, digital only, or free. People weren't just fear mongering when they said that digital games are just a license to play them and eventually you may lose access.

I hope all the physical game people remember how during this generation nearly ever game had day one patches and all kinds of other necessary patches to make their games not play like ass. Once your system dies you are likely going to be just as irked about this as someone who can’t redownload something. Either way, modding all three of these devices is easier today than ever. Anybody who has ever lost something in a fire, flood or break in would likely say we are happy our collections are digital. Pros and cons to both. No need to try and act like this is the end of the world or one group is dumber than the other.

Before I went on a Vita spree during quarantine, 99% of my Vita library was digital and since then, I've thankfully been able to get the physical versions of games I already owned just in case this were to happen because I knew it was only a matter of time before the plug was pulled.

But with this, physical copies of Vita games that were expensive as it is already will now be worth tons, especially all the Limited Run games that gave digital only games physical releases.

Being a Vita gamer after the store shuts down will be a nightmare.

I hope all the physical game people remember how during this generation nearly ever game had day one patches and all kinds of other necessary patches to make their games not play like ass. Once your system dies you are likely going to be just as irked about this as someone who can’t redownload something. Either way, modding all three of these devices is easier today than ever. Anybody who has ever lost something in a fire, flood or break in would likely say we are happy our collections are digital. Pros and cons to both. No need to try and act like this is the end of the world or one group is dumber than the other.
Come on, do you really need the stereo audio patched in or that mid-game upgrade menu they accidentally left in Japanese to function at all?

I figured they'd shut it down sometime this, just expected it to be in the Fall though.  Except for 1 PS2 Classic(Grandia 3), I've pretty much bought everything I needed to before the shutdown.  But looks like I might need to look into backing up the stuff before the shutdown.

If anyone is looking at the Arkham Origins DLC, just buy the Cold, Cold Heart DLC instead of the Season Pass.   As the skins are for multiplayer, which is shutdown already.  Didn't find that out until I paid for it though.

Henkaku makes this announcement pretty irrelevant if people use it. Not surprised to see this, actually more surprised it took this long, honestly.

A public service announcement....Immortals Fenyx Rising (physical edition, likely digital as well) has a bug that causes the game to freeze and crash relatively soon after entering the mainland.  If you pick up certain collectibles, a cutscene will start and the game will crash.

Reloading makes the save corrupted and then it instantly crashes on reload as it again is trying to play the cutscene.  

It may only affect Quality graphic setting but not Performance setting as the internet recommends switching graphic settings as a workaround.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I figured I'd put it out there so other people don't delete all their apparently corrupted saves and restart the game (like I did)

The vita store closes some time in august, while ps3 and psp close in July. (So is the rumor).

Word of advice: for those planning on waiting til august to get some vita games, note that some games like Romancing Saga 3, are not purchaseable on the vita store for whatever reason. You can only buy that on the ps3 storefront and then get it from your downloads on vita.

I’m sure there are other games like this.

The vita store closes some time in august, while ps3 and psp close in July. (So is the rumor).

Word of advice: for those planning on waiting til august to get some vita games, note that some games like Romancing Saga 3, are not purchaseable on the vita store for whatever reason. You can only buy that on the ps3 storefront and then get it from your downloads on vita.

I’m sure there are other games like this.
Are there any other games like that?

A public service announcement....Immortals Fenyx Rising (physical edition, likely digital as well) has a bug that causes the game to freeze and crash relatively soon after entering the mainland. If you pick up certain collectibles, a cutscene will start and the game will crash.

Reloading makes the save corrupted and then it instantly crashes on reload as it again is trying to play the cutscene.

It may only affect Quality graphic setting but not Performance setting as the internet recommends switching graphic settings as a workaround.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I figured I'd put it out there so other people don't delete all their apparently corrupted saves and restart the game (like I did)
I played through and beat that game and never encountered this. I either got lucky or this bug was recently introduced as I played the game when it launched.

I played through and beat that game and never encountered this. I either got lucky or this bug was recently introduced as I played the game when it launched.
I don't know how prevalent the bug is. I had it on my account and my son's account and both of us are using Quality setting and there are similar reports on the Ubisoft forum with the same cutscene freeze happening at similar but not the exact same gameplay activity.

Just a heads up I guess. I do have the physical PS5 copy which may make a difference?

I just tested it out on my son's account. Switching to Performance on a save right before the time he crashed now proceeds to a one second cutscene showing a volcano thing and announcing a new mission Bolt From The Blue (but you wouldn't know that until after making it past the crash)

A public service announcement....Immortals Fenyx Rising (physical edition, likely digital as well) has a bug that causes the game to freeze and crash relatively soon after entering the mainland. If you pick up certain collectibles, a cutscene will start and the game will crash.

You said it happens if you pick up a certain collectable. What's the collectable?

You said it happens if you pick up a certain collectable. What's the collectable?
It happened (on two different accounts) if I picked up Ambrosia (in the wild) or Zeus' Lightning (in a dungeon but AFTER I exited the dungeon) but it seemed to happened on the very first time I got one of these AFTER unlocking the Hall of Gods (the place you can upgrade your character).

It didn't happen at all before unlocking the Hall of Gods. So I guess those actions trigger the new mission one second long cutscene.

I switched to Performance and was able to pick up the faulty Ambrosia and the cutscene played right but I didn't play much further to see if it crashed at some future point.

Searching the Ubisoft forums, the problem and the solution was also described similar to my experiences.

Any must buy recommendations for digital only titles on PS3/PSP/Vita?

Been meaning to pick up After Burner: Climax and Lumines Supernova on PS3.  Black Rock Shooter and Super Stardust on PSP. 

Also, my PSP UMD drive is probably dead by now.  Shame, PSP titles aren't available to buy and play on PS4.

Any must buy recommendations for digital only titles on PS3/PSP/Vita?

Been meaning to pick up After Burner: Climax and Lumines Supernova on PS3. Black Rock Shooter and Super Stardust on PSP.

Also, my PSP UMD drive is probably dead by now. Shame, PSP titles aren't available to buy and play on PS4.
Sadly After Burner: Climax was delisted.

I am thinking of getting the follow games that are digital only

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood

House of the Dead III and IV

Trash Panic

datura

detuned

Linger in Shadows

LocoRoco Cocoreccho!

Ratchet: Deadlocked

Savage Moon

ELEVATOR ACTION DELUXE

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles