Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Unrelated but has anyone recently had their PSN account locked? I haven't turned on my PS4 for a while nor logged into the PS store since last month to claim PS Plus games but I tried to log in just now and it said my account was locked.

I don't have any emails or anything regarding my account being accessed or anything.
My good buddy’s friend had that happen. Took many tries to get it unlocked. It’s a tough process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unrelated but has anyone recently had their PSN account locked? I haven't turned on my PS4 for a while nor logged into the PS store since last month to claim PS Plus games but I tried to log in just now and it said my account was locked.

I don't have any emails or anything regarding my account being accessed or anything.
Happened to me last week. Then I forgot the new password and I've been waiting two days for a password reset email from Sony. I remembered the new password since, thankfully. Not sure what would have caused it outside of someone trying to brute force their way into my account. Like you, no email from Sony. Just a notice when I tried to log in to the PS App.

Happened to me last week. Then I forgot the new password and I've been waiting two days for a password reset email from Sony. I remembered the new password since, thankfully. Not sure what would have caused it outside of someone trying to brute force their way into my account. Like you, no email from Sony. Just a notice when I tried to log in to the PS App.
Yeah, mine just kept sending me password reset emails as soon as I tried to log in- I guess I gotta change my password. Sucks, it was a good password too, that I actually remembered.

I recommend using a password management software that lets you keep your password database offline (not on their servers) and turning on two-factor authentication.

I was planning to pick up a second DualSense when they announced a black version, but that red one is too sweet looking to pass up. Preordered!

Finally grabbed Life is Strange: Before The Storm - Deluxe Edition. Need to finish it before True Colors comes out.
Be ready to cry! If my story below doesn't make you cry (it won't), Before the Storm will.

This isn't helpful, and it was back in like 2012... ancient history for some of you young bucks... But this was the dark ages of PSN, and due to a Gawker Media breach, and due to me using the same PW for everything, my account was hacked. Sony were absolute assholes, blaming me, implying I was lying, implying I was the criminal. Complete fucking jerks. Sony USA obviously. So, I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, which is kind of a sham organization, but that got results. I got a call personally from some higher-up. But still, he implied I was at fault, did not accept liability, just wanted to end my attack, and he offered to take the $20 I still had on my account and call it even. Huh? Call it fucking even by taking MY money?

I've been an incredible customer over the years since I got my account back. And who can I even complain to about it now? Nobody. But what a bunch of fucking asshats. I suppose none of those people are even there anymore. I hope not.

I was planning to pick up a second DualSense when they announced a black version, but that red one is too sweet looking to pass up. Preordered!
It does look sweet. I'm a little disappointed they aren't leading with a blue, though. It seems like blue is the accent color for the console (no surprise), so I thought that was a pretty natural match for first color release.

Mine wasn't locked, but about a month ago, it outright went to password reset when I tried to login. No notice like everyone else mentioned, but I figured it was just because the password was too old or something. Like the places I've worked, they constantly have you change password every 3 months so I thought it was something similar to that.

Mine wasn't locked, but about a month ago, it outright went to password reset when I tried to login. No notice like everyone else mentioned, but I figured it was just because the password was too old or something. Like the places I've worked, they constantly have you change password every 3 months so I thought it was something similar to that.
Hm... maybe that's it for me too. I've had this same password since I had to change it after their major hack back in 2011 or whatever.

Finally beat Returnal, though will work towards more maybe a bit later. Took me a bit over 2 days total, so that likely says my skill at the game. It still feels like a flawed 7 to 7.5/10. There are run stopping bugs for sure, and one took me last night before I went to bed where an enemy spawned into a wall and I couldn't finish the challenge room. Decent game for sure with an alright story, good graphics, good controls if fiddly at times, and a somewhat repetitive cycle especially if you die all the time like I did. Many people are way better at this game than me, but I represent people who maybe shouldn't play bullet hell games in 3D. I'm usually solid at 2D ones like Enter the Gungeon. I still put it as a game mainly for action shooter fans. A good game, though not the killer app for the PS5 by far. Too many bugs still too.

On another note I always wash my hands before playing and my controller handles on the back have paint rubbing off of them. This is a flaw for sure, as I haven't played my PS5 much other than this recent Returnal run and Spider-Man remastered and Miles Morales. I noticed dirt on my hands and was confused, as I am pretty clean when playing, but it was just paint residue. Both sides are getting worn out fast though and the random grey is coming out. Hopefully this isn't happening to others. My fingers are naturally a bit oily, as my keyboards letters and such do wear out even if I always wash my hands, but this is happening way too soon. That usually happens months after using it daily. I have a picture if anyone is interested.

The right trigger on my Dual sense already gotten lose, and I only played 1 hours of Devil May Cry, 20 hours of Watch Dog.  Also played Yakuza but that doesn't use the trigger much.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1392887489371725831

Seems like it's a bunch of DLC for various games:

May 17

The following in-game content and virtual currency is available for free via PlayStation Store from Monday May 17 08:00pm PDT (18 May 04:00 BST, 12:00 JST) until June 6 11:59pm PDT (June 7 07:59 BST, 15:59 JST).† 

• Rocket League - PlayStation Plus Pack – includes four unique customization items including Blue Notch Wheels, Blue Smoke Boost, Blue Rocks Trail, and the Trimpact BL Player Banner. 
  • Brawlhalla - Brawlhalla: Play at Home Pack – includes the Rayman Legend Unlock, Sir Rayelot Skin with Axe and Gauntlet Weapon Skins, Shrug Emote and Grimm Sidekick.
  • Destruction AllStars - 1100 Destruction Points 
  • MLB The Show 21 - MLB The Show 21 10 The Show Packs 
  • NBA 2K21 - The Play at Home Pack – includes MyTEAM Series 2 Amethyst Damian Lillard, 5,000 MyTEAM Points and more. 
  • Rogue Company - Rogue Company: Play at Home Pack – includes the Kyoto Undercover Ronin Outfit and 200 Rogue Bucks. 
  • World of Tanks/World of Warships - Twice the Courage Pack For World of Tanks: Modern Armor, this bundle includes five x1.5 Silver Boosters, five x2 XP Boosters, 7 days of Premium Account and more.  For World of Warships: Legends, this bundle includes Tier III battleship Arkansas, 7 days of Premium Account and 5x Rare Boosters of all five types.
  • Warframe - Warframe: Starter Bundle – includes 100 Platinum, 100,000 Credits, 7 Day Affinity Booster, Essential Base Damage Mod Bundle and more.
May 20

As part of the Play at Home campaign, you can get five 60-minute Double XP tokens for Call of Duty: Warzone to accelerate your levelling in Season Three. The Double XP tokens can be accessed exclusively in-game through the Message of The Day beginning May 20 at 10:00am PDT (18:00 BST, May 21 02:00 JST) through June 6 at 11:59pm PDT (June 7 07:59 BST, 15:59 JST). 

• Call of Duty: Warzone - 5 Double XP Tokens  [Available from May 20 at 10am PDT, 18:00 BST, May 21 02:00 JST]

Play at Home goes out with a big wet fart. The bonus games were nice though.
Yeah, I don't get why they started so strong and ended so weak. Its like PS Plus, you can go through a bad game drought and then get several months of total bangers.

Sony is unpredictable, but honestly its more fun that way.

Play at Home goes out with a big wet fart. The bonus games were nice though.
Right? Seems like it would have been better if they just better allocated the freebies-... a few games per week plus a few add-on content, instead of all the games up front and then the add-on.

Anyone that has played RE7, was curious how far I am into the game.  I just beat the second boss, so as an estimate, would you say I am about halfway through the game or not even halfway yet lol

I just discovered the PS Remote Play software for Windows (and other OS's), but it requires a DS4 (or I guess DS5) controller connected to your PC in order to control your console remotely.  I've looked around and it looks like you'll need use software to "translate" the buttons of your connected controller to the button functions of a DS4/5 controller.

Anyone recommend a specific software for this?  I see a few different choices.

Hm... maybe that's it for me too. I've had this same password since I had to change it after their major hack back in 2011 or whatever.
I just attempted to get into the store through my ps4 and i got the message about my password not working and account could be locked. I've used my ps4 in the past week or two but have not purchased anything online for at least several months. maybe Sony is having some trouble?

I just discovered the PS Remote Play software for Windows (and other OS's), but it requires a DS4 (or I guess DS5) controller connected to your PC in order to control your console remotely. I've looked around and it looks like you'll need use software to "translate" the buttons of your connected controller to the button functions of a DS4/5 controller.

Anyone recommend a specific software for this? I see a few different choices.
DS4Windows is what I've always used. Simple program but very effective.

Anyone that has played RE7, was curious how far I am into the game. I just beat the second boss, so as an estimate, would you say I am about halfway through the game or not even halfway yet lol
I just beat the game last weekend. I would say you are about halfway, maybe a touch under half way depending on how much searching you do. I think my run time was like 9 hours 50 minutes so if you know about how many hours you've played that can give you a sense for how much you have left.

It would kind of make sense. The play at home games are already handled different with ownership, in that you keep it regardless of any subscription status

Awesome. Just got my first PS5 game.
Now I just need to grab Sony hardware newer than a PS3 or PSP.

Do I need to play them in order? I never got around to getting a PS4, so does the PS5 console dashboard story make sense to a newcomer? I don't want to miss any callbacks to the previous entry and be confused by the lore.

Awesome. Just got my first PS5 game.
Now I just need to grab Sony hardware newer than a PS3 or PSP.

Do I need to play them in order? I never got around to getting a PS4, so does the PS5 console dashboard story make sense to a newcomer? I don't want to miss any callbacks to the previous entry and be confused by the lore.
PS5 retconned PS4 so you can skip it, but if nothing else watch the bloopers from PS4 and you'll thank me later.

I just buy PSN at a discount and buy my games digitally. Ain’t as good as GCU but it works for me.
It's not exactly easy to get PSN credit discounted these days. Occasionally target offer, drug Mart, rite aid, cvs and Walgreens have 10% off or 5%-8% off on raise plus the 7% promo code they occasionally have.

Ended up grabbing Mass Effect via Target.  I had a 5% off there for my birthday, and 5% for the red card, along with a leftover gift card... so it worked out.  

It's just adjusting to the fact that every game can't be purchased for 20% off.  

Woe is me... or something.  

Grabbed PBA Pro Bowling from the sale since I've been interested in that for a while. It's been pretty good so far with some weird controls using the right stick for the power, spin, and all that, but I started getting into a rhythm after I found a good spot for usually getting strikes in the career mode. Looks nice, which isn't surprising for a Farsight (Pinball Arcade) game.

Grabbed PBA Pro Bowling from the sale since I've been interested in that for a while. It's been pretty good so far with some weird controls using the right stick for the power, spin, and all that, but I started getting into a rhythm after I found a good spot for usually getting strikes in the career mode. Looks nice, which isn't surprising for a Farsight (Pinball Arcade) game.
I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far. It took me a minute to get use to the controls when I first started playing it. Farsight is definitely detail oriented when it comes to visuals. I’m a hardcore bowler so when the nationwide shutdown happened I bought it at full price to get my fix, lol. I’m waiting for the 2021 version go on sale for $15 or lower.

Yeah, I'd hold off on it. It just doesn't seem worth the price of completely free until I know the features.
What? No. Where did that even come from? Normally these announcements tell you what's actually being upgraded; I'm just curious as to what's being improved on the PS5 version, if anything.

Really tempted to get yakuza 7 job set and costume set. Also Batman return to Arkham and maybe jump force season 2 pass. Don’t need Em now but they’ll drop during the holidays I can wait

I just attempted to get into the store through my ps4 and i got the message about my password not working and account could be locked. I've used my ps4 in the past week or two but have not purchased anything online for at least several months. maybe Sony is having some trouble?
DS4Windows is what I've always used. Simple program but very effective.
What are you guys talking about, you just download the Sony remote play program for PC and plug in a controller. You don't need to make this complicated.

I know I'm late to complain, but I just want to add another wtf to the weird ending for Play At Home.

It isn't like I care; I'm thrilled to not only get Subnautica free (already had it free on PC I think... but I wanted to play it on PS5/couch/controller) but unexpectedly get the PS5 version I didn't know existed.  i never would have wanted to pay money for that.

They could have given us... like... something as a sendoff...  Maybe they don't want us to Play At Home anymore.  I'd have taken a Go Out and Spend Money freebie and then still just played at home.

What? No. Where did that even come from? Normally these announcements tell you what's actually being upgraded; I'm just curious as to what's being improved on the PS5 version, if anything.
I was just joking, I didn't actually intend snark, although I see now it reads that way.

As far as I can tell there are no improvements, it's just a native PS5 version. Framerates can be set to unlocked (without having to do it from the console and disabling trophies).

Reports are that it plays better than the PS4 version, but still tons of frame dropping and screen tearing. And it's actually a downgrade from the PS4 Pro version in terms of resolution. No save transfers from PS4 either, hopefully they'll be patched in. Apparently haptic feedback will be added for some tools later as well.

Hey, does anyone use the PS5 Media Remote to control their TV?  It worked fine on my TCL Roku.  Now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, usually not.  What gives?  

I was just joking, I didn't actually intend snark, although I see now it reads that way.

As far as I can tell there are no improvements, it's just a native PS5 version. Framerates can be set to unlocked (without having to do it from the console and disabling trophies).

Reports are that it plays better than the PS4 version, but still tons of frame dropping and screen tearing. And it's actually a downgrade from the PS4 Pro version in terms of resolution. No save transfers from PS4 either, hopefully they'll be patched in. Apparently haptic feedback will be added for some tools later as well.
I noticed it's 4gb PS5 version vs 12gb for the PS4. Odd. Will they fix the PS5 version, or will it always have lower resolution? That's kind of lame.

What are you guys talking about, you just download the Sony remote play program for PC and plug in a controller. You don't need to make this complicated.
What I'm talking about is using an Xbox One controller connected to my PC to play stuff on my PS4 using the Remote Play software. It's not that complicated.

bread's done
Back