Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Lol devs don't send bribes for good scores. You guys really can't be that dumb
Reminds me of this classic:

ign-money.gif

Twins are AL, but are the Cubs more than a day trip from Green Bay?

I spent time in Wisconsin but never got up to Green Bay. Where I was, I definitely heard more about Badgers (football and even more so basketball) and the Brewers than anything else. Lots of Cubs fans too. And soccer fans, even. But surprisingly little NFL, honestly the average bar patron I met would laugh off football or say something something Ray Rice. To be honest I would have liked to meet a few more NFL fans because I like watching Aaron Rodgers play.

Plenty of Bucks fans too. I ran into Jason Kidd on two separate occasions.

A bar friend of mine was from Green Bay and didn't have many good things to say, he also said the Packers was the only thing people there cared about, although he admits that having been convicted on a minor marijuana possession charge up there soured him on the town.
Cubs aren't more than a day trip, but Chicago-area traffic is one of the few things that compare to the 5 at 6pm. So you can boomerang a day game. Night game would be rough (went to a Blackhawks game at night, so I know whereof I speak).

Maybe southern WI is different. Up here, it's Packers 25/8/367. Unless they suck. Then the city mysteriously discovers that it loves whichever WI sports team is having success. Unless they all suck at once, and then the Packers are the default.

But they'll tell you all day long about the decades-long season ticket waitlist and how they "own" the team.

Is that free like every other PS+ game, or free to keep?
It's technically DLC, so free to keep like all other Plus DLC freebies.

Hatoful Boyfriend and Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star will be delisted from the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Android and iOS digital stores at the end of May.

https://delistedgames.com/hatoful-boyfriend-titles-leaving-playstation-and-mobile-platforms-at-the-end-of-may/
The OG Hatoful was a Plus game fwiw. I bought both for $2 each ages ago, sucks that they won't even do a last-minute fire sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double post, but wanted to keep my ravings separate.
When people call reviewers shills, they don't usually mean they are paid off with cash in exchange for high reviews. Often it's related to exclusive or early access, free product codes, and in the case of websites and print, advertising bucks (see: Jeff Gerstmann).
However, YouTubers have been busted before for non-disclosure of sponsorships (the scandal with EA comes to mind first). To dispute the potential of publisher influence on an outlet, nevermind a solo YouTuber, is pure naivety.

Second rant: I am getting really sick of having to rebuy stuff because of PSN's haphazard implementation of crossbuy. For example, when the Swedish Chef DLC for Overcooked All You Can Eat came out, it was for PS5 only (as that was the only version of the game out). However, when the PS4 version came out, ANOTHER version of the DLC came out that was crossbuy for PS4/PS5. Now normally I would just claim that version of the DLC for free EXCEPT the DLC has been delisted because of licensing. So now I am stuck with the PS5 version only.
Meanwhile on Xbox, I claimed it for the Series S/X, and when the Xbone version came out, that version was automatically included in my previous purchase rather than me having to claim it again.
I actually like being able to choose which version of a game to play as opposed to Smart Delivery, but they need to make this less of a mess.

Maybe southern WI is different. Up here, it's Packers 25/8/367. Unless they suck. Then the city mysteriously discovers that it loves whichever WI sports team is having success. Unless they all suck at once, and then the Packers are the default.

But they'll tell you all day long about the decades-long season ticket waitlist and how they "own" the team.
I live in Southern WI and I can tell you it's no different down here. Everyone lives and breathes the Packers (and whatever Badgers team is currently playing). Our local news channels would have a Packers story pretty much every day, even in off season, which always seemed odd to me as someone who really doesn't care about football.

SkillUp says it's bad? He's the lord and savior of reviewers, so it's definitely bad.
Shill Up's a little bitch! Not the first time he puts up a contrarian review of a hot new game for the clicks. That's how these youtubers make their money. He claims that he sets his expectations according the size of the dev team and then proceeds to throw this ambitious 20 person dev team completely under the bus. Saying "I do not recommend this game" in big bold letters is pretty damning. Not even a "this game is not for me but it might be for you" or "wait for a sale" ? He makes it sounds like it's a bad game which it's not. And this little bitch has the nerve to hype up Cyberpunk? I guess all those class action lawsuits and getting pulled from the store was not enough of a warning sign. What a joke!

Shill Up is a hardcore gamer. I've figured it out. Biomutant is a wholesome game for kids and casuals. It's not trying to be a hardcore game. It's whimsical game much like Immortals Fenyx Rising which some people loved while others not so much. Biomutant is truly a gorgeous game and insanely fun. I can post a ton of reviews of people enjoying the game. The only way to know if you like the game is to try it yourself and stay away from hacks like Shill Up.

Shill Up's a little bitch! Not the first time he puts up a contrarian review of a hot new game for the clicks. That's how these youtubers make their money. He claims that he sets his expectations according the size of the dev team and then proceeds to throw this ambitious 20 person dev team completely under the bus. Saying "I do not recommend this game" in big bold letters is pretty damning. Not even a "this game is not for me but it might be for you" or "wait for a sale" ? He makes it sounds like it's a bad game which it's not. And this little bitch has the nerve to hype up Cyberpunk? I guess all those class action lawsuits and getting pulled from the store was not enough of a warning sign. What a joke!

Shill Up is a hardcore gamer. I've figured it out. Biomutant is a wholesome game for kids and casuals. It's not trying to be a hardcore game. It's whimsical game much like Immortals Fenyx Rising which some people loved while others not so much. Biomutant is truly a gorgeous game and insanely fun. I can post a ton of reviews of people enjoying the game. The only way to know if you like the game is to try it yourself and stay away from hacks like Shill Up.
Please tell me you forgot a /s.

Someone is BIG mad

Expect extremely disappointing discounts on first party PS5 games. $10ish off, maybe $20. Considering Demon's Souls is now 6 months old, $30 bucks would be reasonable, but nope. It's gonna be real disappointing. Sony is clearly tightening price controls on their games. Still can't buy Demon's Souls preowned at Gamestop; something is up.

Expect extremely disappointing discounts on first party PS5 games. $10ish off, maybe $20. Considering Demon's Souls is now 6 months old, $30 bucks would be reasonable, but nope. It's gonna be real disappointing. Sony is clearly tightening price controls on their games. Still can't buy Demon's Souls preowned at Gamestop; something is up.
So I knew, I knew, Sony was gonna be a tightwad with Demon's Souls pricing, but I thought it's been out for 6 months, surely it will be at least 20% (maaaaybe 25%) off right? ...14%. A regularly priced game now.

F*** off Sony.

I don't understand why Sony didn't discount those games 14.1% or whatever so the price is 59.99 instead of 60.19

A flat 15% off would be 59.49.  Those numbers would look so much better.

Looks like $10 off of the PS5 games for this sale.

I'm certain tomorrow the thread will be filled with "That's what they should have been priced at originally!" posts in the coming week.
So I knew, I knew, Sony was gonna be a tightwad with Demon's Souls pricing, but I thought it's been out for 6 months, surely it will be at least 20% (maaaaybe 25%) off right? ...14%. A regularly priced game now.

F*** off Sony.
Well that didn't take long

I wonder if Sony has taken a page from the Nintendo playbook and decided to hold the line on first party prices for as long as possible.

It’s bizarre to me that companies like Sony, Valve and to a lesser extent Microsoft and others can put the same set of games on sale over a period of two or three years for roughly the same amount. Do they think we’ve forgotten that all of these titles were $9.99 last year, do they think we don’t wonder why there aren’t new titles added to the Greatest Hits line before these annual sales?

I understand that these are great for people who are new to the platform, but it’s just weird that it feels like I’m looking back at the same sale from last year, plus overpriced PS5 games. Sony could get a little more creative with their offerings if they want established gamers to get excited about these sales.

Sony hasn't had a good sale in at least 2 years now, not sure why anyone is surprised by how lousy this sale is.  I've had $100 in my PS wallet for that time and have bought only a couple things in that span.  The days of flash sales and 80% off sales seem to have left with Kaz, House and Layden. 

Sony hasn't had a good sale in at least 2 years now, not sure why anyone is surprised by how lousy this sale is. I've had $100 in my PS wallet for that time and have bought only a couple things in that span. The days of flash sales and 80% off sales seem to have left with Kaz, House and Layden.
All hail the Jim Ryan era! :booty:

Sony hasn't had a good sale in at least 2 years now, not sure why anyone is surprised by how lousy this sale is. I've had $100 in my PS wallet for that time and have bought only a couple things in that span. The days of flash sales and 80% off sales seem to have left with Kaz, House and Layden.
I was thinking of going all digital with a PS5, in the future, simply to save space. But with stuff like Walmart clearances and lackluster PSN sales, guess it would be incredibly foolish to do so. More so, as Kaiser alluded, you can find much better deals on used PS5 games on Facebook groups or Mercari.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not without yellow font. I don't know anything about the games mentioned.
Sorry not being sarcastic. Operation tango and Virtua fighter 5 final showdown haven't even released yet and star was squadrons is a solid game. Just nice to see some new/unreleased game being PS+.

Does anyone know if the Tony Hawk PS5 upgrade has a page on the webstore or can you only access it from in game? I have $10 on my account and want to put it towards that, but I don’t have a ps5 yet.

I bought Squadrons 2 months ago on sale for $19.99. It's on sale again at that price. I never opened it though so now that it will be on PS+, I may never open it and just sell it.

I think all of these platforms care more about subscription services then individual game sales. They all want to be the Netflix of games.

But - the previous team has a proven way to move product through decent deals and incredible flash sales. Why are they killing one of their cash cows? Crazy.

Does anyone know if the Tony Hawk PS5 upgrade has a page on the webstore or can you only access it from in game? I have $10 on my account and want to put it towards that, but I don’t have a ps5 yet.
Gotta wait until you have a PS5 for that. You buy it through the game's main hub area and it only let's you do it while the disc is in to verify it. If you're buying it via disc since you didn't say disc or digital. I'm sure digital works a similar way that you need to have it installed on a PS5 for the option to pop up.

Gotta wait until you have a PS5 for that. You buy it through the game's main hub area and it only let's you do it while the disc is in to verify it. If you're buying it via disc since you didn't say disc or digital. I'm sure digital works a similar way that you need to have it installed on a PS5 for the option to pop up.
Got it on disc from a recent Gamefly sale. Was just hoping I could get it done now since I plan to get a ps5 whenever luck favors me.

Thanks for the info.

should i play spiderman before miles morales or does it not mater what order i play them in?
Play Spider-Man remaster first. Makes you appreciate the refinement in the battle system, you get prequel backstory for this game, plus probably a non spoiler by now but Miles backstory is in this as well.

bread's done
Back