Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Do they even care that their games under $20 page on console has been messed up for days now? Every single game is showing their normal price. Nothing like shopping a bunch of games for $59.99 in the under $20 section.

All of the games I mentioned earlier are confirmed for PS Now in June:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1399380449408004099

Car Mechanic Simulator - Permanent

Slay the Spire - Ends 12/6

Sonic Forces - Permanent

Sonic Mania - Permanent

Team Sonic Racing - Permanent

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown - Permanent

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition - Ends 9/6

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/31/virtua-fighter-5-ultimate-showdown-remaking-a-legend/

Details on what's new and remade in Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown along with the new Legendary Pack DLC that adds some cool VF1 stuff to the game for $9.99:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFsKtc2SHa8

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting on a deal to re-sub to PS NOW.  There's a few ps3 rpg's I'd like to finish but otherwise, there really isn't much drawing me to the service anymore.

But you did pay for VF4. Rather have the game free than skins free.

Man, all this VF talk has me nervous that the game will flop. Final Showdown was already free on PS+ way back and didn't seem to move the needle on people's awareness of the franchise. And this version is releasing just over a week before Guilty Gear Strive, so that's going to split the fighting game community on which game to play.

I loved the VF4 greatest hits version mainly for playing the AI based on real players. I never was crazy into the series, but it's fun. VF5 I haven't really touched, so I guess I'll try it out. It's likely a little worn in the tooth, but after so many years how could it not be.

I agree that the $10! day one DLC (cut content introduced purely to make extra money off of PS+ subscribers) on a $20! game further diminishes the value of the game as a Plus addition (not to mention it is also on PS Now). I assume Sega threw it on Plus and Now as insurance against it flopping both in terms of the payout and having a big MP pool, though I can't imagine it cost much to release this version*, with the DLC being their way of making bank in case it turned out to be a big hit. Can't leave money on the table after all.
*VF5 has been in the RGG engine since Yakuza 6, even if it was just the arcade version.

So if VF5 is a Plus game for two months, does that mean we're only getting 1 new PS4 game next month?

Very much looking forward to trying the VR mode for Squadrons. There was zero chance of me spending money on this game, so it’s nice to get it with PS+.

Very much looking forward to trying the VR mode for Squadrons. There was zero chance of me spending money on this game, so it’s nice to get it with PS+.
Definitely the best Plus game for me this month. It even has crossplay with Xbone and PC. Just wish it had a 3rd person view.

Hey guys, I need help figuring something out.  So last night I bought a year of psn+ (via best buy) because it was on sale for the day's of play event.  However according to this article these codes expire when the day's of play event is over.  Is this true?

PS Plus and PS Now subscriptions are up to a third off • Eurogamer.net

for anyone not wishing to click the link there is the part that got me confused:

All of these stores are offering digital codes that will be delivered to your email or account in a matter of minutes. One important point: as these memberships are available at a promotional price, you need to activate them on your PlayStation account before the end of the Days of Play sale on 9th June.

Mine does expire soon, but I usually like to wait until I actually use it.  It's just in case it expires and I don't use psn+ for a few days giving me a few more days at the end of the next membership.

I wouldn't take the chance, just redeem it. Also you can get PS+ subscriptions for cheaper than that on CDkeys and other sites.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (XBOX/PS) (pre-owned) is $20 from Gamefly. There is a $20 voucher for $10 on Groupon. Free shipping and (for me) no tax. Took about 10 minutes to get my voucher.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-gamefly-games-1?deal_option=93ab8cf0-2d88-488b-b983-5b0b77dbd369

https://www.gamefly.com/game/assassins-creed-valhalla/5022937

Credit: Slickdeals
Unless you prefer a physical copy, it is probably going to be cheaper to wait for a digital gold edition sale. The season pass is $40 so you just need a sale around $50 to match and it's been getting close to that price.

So... do you think you can use that groupon deal for a 3 month membership when you already have an existing gamefly subscription? That's a crazy good deal and I need to resub in a few weeks anyway, and there are no more gamefly certificates offered which is what I usually do to resub.

So if I get that $20 voucher and buy something for less, would the difference remain on my account or something? I'm not even sure if I've made a Gamefly account.

So... do you think you can use that groupon deal for a 3 month membership when you already have an existing gamefly subscription? That's a crazy good deal and I need to resub in a few weeks anyway, and there are no more gamefly certificates offered which is what I usually do to resub.
Since groupon limits you to 1 per account I used 3 groupon accounts to stack 9 months and I'm tempted to buy more. You can definitely use it with an existing membership.

I'm waiting on a deal to re-sub to PS NOW. There's a few ps3 rpg's I'd like to finish but otherwise, there really isn't much drawing me to the service anymore.
Which PS3 RPG's on there are you looking at? Just curious to hear what games are on the service that you're looking forward to playing.

Been kicking around PS Now for a while and just looking for some reasons to hold off or pull the trigger.

Gamefly: anyone buy the 3 month 2 titles/month sub? I have a few questions. 1) Does it work even if you've had a free trial before? 2) Is there an expiration date? I was thinking of buying it and sitting on it for a few months.

BTW PS now is trash for most people. There's very little on it of worth that hasn't been given away free in other forms and/or is available on other cheap subscription services.

Which PS3 RPG's on there are you looking at? Just curious to hear what games are on the service that you're looking forward to playing.

Been kicking around PS Now for a while and just looking for some reasons to hold off or pull the trigger.
There are some decent co-op rpgs on there. Darksiders Genesis, Vikings: Wolves of Midgard, Titan Quest, etc. Alongside other good local co-op games of different genres. I basically just use psnow whenever my partner wants to play something together, and we go through the catalog and pick something.

Surprisingly thin selection of Japanese rpgs though, if that's what you're after. A few ps2 ports, some ps3 c-tier jrpgs to stream, and a couple Kemco shovelware. That's about it.

Gamefly: anyone buy the 3 month 2 titles/month sub? I have a few questions. 1) Does it work even if you've had a free trial before? 2) Is there an expiration date? I was thinking of buying it and sitting on it for a few months.

BTW PS now is trash for most people. There's very little on it of worth that hasn't been given away free in other forms and/or is available on other cheap subscription services.
Yeah it works, it doesn't matter what type of account you've had or have. If your account is active it will add the 3 months in a queue and will redeem it on your next billing. If your account isn't active it will activate it immediately with the 3 month 2 title plan. Groupon says the gift certificate needs to be redeemed by August 31st.

Yeah it works, it doesn't matter what type of account you've had or have. If your account is active it will add the 3 months in a queue and will redeem it on your next billing. If your account isn't active it will activate it immediately with the 3 month 2 title plan. Groupon says the gift certificate needs to be redeemed by August 31st.
Thank you so much.

So that means I could take a 1 month for $15, buy that, and end up with 4 months/$45?

bread's done
Back