Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Thank you so much.

So that means I could take a 1 month for $15, buy that, and end up with 4 months/$45?
Correct, or you could use 2 groupon accounts and have 6 months for $60. And if you have topcashback you can get 12% back $3.60 per purchase making it even sweeter.

Days Gone was so f'n good. :(
I need to actually stick with it. It is like the same situation I had with TLoU where I couldn't get into it the first couple times I tried it. Then the third time I stuck with it and loved the game. Gonna reinstall Days Gone now and give it another shot.

Dollar General has a deal this week where you can save $5 off the purchase of two $25 PlayStation Network cards.  In-store only, ends Saturday, 6/5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (XBOX/PS) (pre-owned) is $20 from Gamefly. There is a $20 voucher for $10 on Groupon. Free shipping and (for me) no tax. Took about 10 minutes to get my voucher.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-gamefly-games-1?deal_option=93ab8cf0-2d88-488b-b983-5b0b77dbd369

https://www.gamefly.com/game/assassins-creed-valhalla/5022937

Credit: Slickdeals
Thanks! Got in on this. Took a couple of hours of checking the Groupon site before the voucher went from "Processing" to available for use, but it worked in the end.

Torchlight III worth it at $19.99? Heard it sucked but no idea if it has been improved with patches since launch lol
Aggressively not worth it at all (IMO).

For context, if it's helpful, ARPG is easily my most played genre. 2000+ hours in PoE, over 300 in Grim Dawn and Diablo 3 each, about 150 into Last Epoch (my current choice - but PC only), and probably about 100 in Torchlight 2 (which I did enjoy). And probably over 1000 back in the day on D2.

Torchlight 3 really does just suck. It's sad.

Which PS3 RPG's on there are you looking at? Just curious to hear what games are on the service that you're looking forward to playing.

Been kicking around PS Now for a while and just looking for some reasons to hold off or pull the trigger.
Until they did the atelier dusk trilogy release that was the only way to play those games, same with the Record of Lodoss war and a few others that I never got around to during that generation. There's lots of ps4 indies (mostly shovelware) on ps now too, so that's something of an incentive.

Wow, actually a pretty good sale this time. Managed to clear off seven items from my Wishlist and even stuck a game in my cart that wasn't on my list. And there were even some on my list that were on sale but just not low enough. There needd to be more sales like this.

Any suggestions for the sale? Probably picking up Disco Elysium then maybe Savage Halloween, Cannon Brawl, Lair of the Clockwork God and Bug Fables.

Until they did the atelier dusk trilogy release that was the only way to play those games, same with the Record of Lodoss war and a few others that I never got around to during that generation. There's lots of ps4 indies (mostly shovelware) on ps now too, so that's something of an incentive.
Do you mean Agarest, or did I somehow miss PS3 getting a Lodoss game?

Wow, this really is a good sale. Here's what I went with if anyone wants ideas:

Dogurai ($0.49 :hot: )

Aragami: Nightfall (DLC)

VASARA Collection ($0.99 :hot: )

Takotan

Project Warlock

Savage Halloween ($0.49 :hot: )

Ping Redux (PS4 + PS5 listing)

The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters

Twin Breakers (PS4 + Vita crossbuy)

Tempted to also get A Hat in Time because $14.99 is its new lowest, but I wonder if that'll get an all-in-one release with all the DLC someday. I also want Bug Fables, but I can wait for $15 or less.

Wow, this really is a good sale. Here's what I went with if anyone wants ideas:

Dogurai ($0.49 :hot: )

Aragami: Nightfall (DLC)

VASARA Collection ($0.99 :hot: )

Takotan

Project Warlock

Savage Halloween ($0.49 :hot: )

Ping Redux (PS4 + PS5 listing)

The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters

Twin Breakers (PS4 + Vita crossbuy)

Tempted to also get A Hat in Time because $14.99 is its new lowest, but I wonder if that'll get an all-in-one release with all the DLC someday. I also want Bug Fables, but I can wait for $15 or less.
Thanks for the heads up on Savage Halloween and Aragami: Nightfall (DLC)

After doing some digging for cheap games I was looking to pick up some of these under a $1 games with PS Plus

Knight's Retreat $.39
Chess Knights Viking Lands $.39
WarDogs Red's Return $.39
Dogurai $.49
Savage Halloween $.49

Total $2.15 for five games.

Then I was also considering

Aragami: Nightfall (DLC) $1.49

Max and the Book of Chaos $1.99
Falcon Age $5.99

I'd like to get these . . .

Manifold Garden $13.99
Disco Elysium $27.99

but I may wait for a better sales.
I already have a ton of games to play so no rush here.

This is the best indie sale for PlayStation in a long while.
Still digging through the list to see if there is anything else to consider.

Thanks for the heads up on Savage Halloween and Aragami: Nightfall (DLC)

I'd like to get these . . .

Disco Elysium $27.99

but I may wait for a better sales.
I already have a ton of games to play so no rush here.

This is the best indie sale for PlayStation in a long while.
Still digging through the list to see if there is anything else to consider.
You're welcome.

Disco Elysium is a game I'd rather own physically; I hope that becomes a reality at some point. Otherwise I'll also wait for a better discount.

I got the first Deponia game in a PlayStation Humble bundle way back when.  I see that the Deponia games are on sale now, but noticed that one of them is missing.  Looks like Goodbye Deponia was delisted last year.  From what I've read, it was probably removed for having some blatant racist depictions in it.

I was just about to mention that the new store seems less terrible than I thought it was, with the nice sort/filter options... but it keeps freezing up, not responding when I click on something, and refreshing the page resets all my search options and sends me back to the main sale page.

For God's sake, Sony...

I was just about to mention that the new store seems less terrible than I thought it was, with the nice sort/filter options... but it keeps freezing up, not responding when I click on something, and refreshing the page resets all my search options and sends me back to the main sale page.

For God's sake, Sony...
Sony can only be bothered to prevent people from actively using the old psn store. But god forbid they fix what's actually broken. Someone needs to find a damn exploit in the new store. Sony would fix that in like 5 minutes.

After getting a chance to see the full list upon waking, and reading the lists that some of you picked up, I looking into more that seemed interesting and ended up putting in two more purchases.  20 games in total.

From my wishlist:

Bishoujo Battle Cyber Panic

Dark Nights With Poe & Munro

DemonHunter: Revelations

Family Mysteries 2: Echoes of Tomorrow (yet they still haven't put the first one on sale)

Get Even

Persian Nights 2: The Moonlight Veil

Secret Order: Return to the Buried Kingdom

Skyland: Heart of the Mountain

Others that seemed interesting:

Dogurai

Infestor

Heavy Burger

Moon Raider

Ping Redux

Savage Halloween

Spooky Chase

SuperEpic

Sweet Witches

Table Top Racing: World Tour

Tinker Racers

Vasara Collection

So yeah, actually ended up being the best sale in a long time for me.

After getting a chance to see the full list upon waking, and reading the lists that some of you picked up, I looking into more that seemed interesting and ended up putting in two more purchases. 20 games in total.

So yeah, actually ended up being the best sale in a long time for me.
This is also the first time in a long time that some of the Pinball Arcade and Stern Pinball table packs have been on sale, and I'm going to hop on those along with several of the games that you mentioned in your post.

I figured that I should also repost as a gentle reminder to everyone that the Dollar General in-store deal where you can save $5 off the purchase of two $25 PlayStation Network cards ends today (Saturday, 6/5). I'm considering buying two more cards before the store closes today.

I'm most likely grabbing Evil Inside, Truberbrook, Sense A Cyberpunk Ghost story and maybe Disco Elysium
You might want to check some reviews on Sense before buying; I was interested in that one too but the consensus seems to be that it has a lot of issues.

Has anyone played Outward or Neon City Riders? I'm thinking of picking those up.

You might want to check some reviews on Sense before buying; I was interested in that one too but the consensus seems to be that it has a lot of issues.

Has anyone played Outward or Neon City Riders? I'm thinking of picking those up.
Outward is a fantastic game, but it’s an acquired taste and definitely not for everyone. It’s hard, it’s got a lot of empty space but no fast travel system, it’s not the best at guiding you, it’s bleak in a Final Fantasy 2 kind of way, and it’s punishing. You run fast enough to make traveling the (admittedly beautiful) world relatively quickly, but you’ll definitely notice it.

Personally, I’d highly recommend it, but I’d understand why someone wouldn’t like it.

Uhh no. There are tons of high quality indie games in this sale. Also "shovelware" is one of the most overused terms in gaming. Basically people use it to describe any game they are not interested in.
Turns out I was just referring to the indie games on sale for PS5. I actually haven't used that term in years. I agree it's overused, but not by me. The grand majority of these games come from devs with no pedigree and absolutely harken back to Wii shovelware days. Most of them have this same-y Unity asset flip vibe to them

Uhh no. There are tons of high quality indie games in this sale. Also "shovelware" is one of the most overused terms in gaming. Basically people use it to describe any game they are not interested in.
5c7vuo.jpg

bread's done
Back