Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Target Circle currently has a 30% off one game deal and it appears to work with some preorders. I was able to use it + 5% redcard discount to get Elden Rings for PS5 for $43.18 out the door.

Worth checking your Target circle coupon area of the app and seeing what else it might work with.
I had the Target circle offer and used it on Elden Ring for $44. Thanks.

Getting in on that PS+ deal at the last minute, if just for the cloud saves and to get back into Battlefront 2.

How does one claim the free PS5 titles without a PS5? Anyone got that link?

Getting in on that PS+ deal at the last minute, if just for the cloud saves and to get back into Battlefront 2.

How does one claim the free PS5 titles without a PS5? Anyone got that link?
You won’t be able to claim the PS5 games on your PS4 console. However, you can login to the PSN store via your phone/desktop to claim them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've had a total change of heart on Returnal and glad I stuck with it.  Once you get the first permanent suit mod the game really opens up.  I finally beat it last night and now to do it again and see what I missed on the first couple levels that I couldn't access before.  One gripe is that you can't swap out artifacts once you fill up all slots, basically have to get too many malfunctions and hope it doesn't destroy one you care about.  Anyway, game is fantastic once you get over the first hurdle and start getting permanent upgrades and unlocking better relics typical of the roguelike genre.

So I've had a total change of heart on Returnal and glad I stuck with it. Once you get the first permanent suit mod the game really opens up. I finally beat it last night and now to do it again and see what I missed on the first couple levels that I couldn't access before. One gripe is that you can't swap out artifacts once you fill up all slots, basically have to get too many malfunctions and hope it doesn't destroy one you care about. Anyway, game is fantastic once you get over the first hurdle and start getting permanent upgrades and unlocking better relics typical of the roguelike genre.
Glad you stuck with it, it's really a very rewarding experience once you can get on the right side of the learning curve.

So I've had a total change of heart on Returnal and glad I stuck with it. Once you get the first permanent suit mod the game really opens up. I finally beat it last night and now to do it again and see what I missed on the first couple levels that I couldn't access before. One gripe is that you can't swap out artifacts once you fill up all slots, basically have to get too many malfunctions and hope it doesn't destroy one you care about. Anyway, game is fantastic once you get over the first hurdle and start getting permanent upgrades and unlocking better relics typical of the roguelike genre.
It is hands down my favorite PS5 exclusive. I really hope they release more content or an expansion (new biome) for it in the future. I haven't kept up with it since I got the Platinum. Can't wait to see what Housemarque does next.

So some time last year, Walmart had Destiny 2 on sale for $2, which came with a code for a 30 day PS Plus trial. I bought a bunch along with several other people and I've been using a code every now and then when I want to use the PS+ discount. But I'm trying to use one now and it suddenly says all the unused codes are expired (but the expiration date is 12/31/22). Does anyone else have any experience with this?

But I'm trying to use one now and it suddenly says all the unused codes are expired (but the expiration date is 12/31/22). Does anyone else have any experience with this?
Does the code message say expired or invalid? For me, similar codes would say invalid on my main account but work fine on an alternate psn account. I just assumed they locked down on accounts using multiple trials.

You're right; it says invalid. Well, if I can't use em, I guess I have some codes to give away.

Anybody want one? They only work if you haven't used one before, and IIRC they don't work if you currently have PS Plus.

Target Circle currently has a 30% off one game deal and it appears to work with some preorders. I was able to use it + 5% redcard discount to get Elden Rings for PS5 for $43.18 out the door.

Worth checking your Target circle coupon area of the app and seeing what else it might work with.
Only works on PS5 BTW. Didn't work for XSX, but doesn't make a difference for me anyway since I game share and buy it digitally now.

Too late for my first complete run, but only 35% of trophies complete, so will be helpful for future runs, thanks for the info.
Honestly, just pick up every artifact that's useful. Some are useless, like the music box. And as your weapon traits get better, the less safety nets you'll need. And you'll eventually stop bothering with most malignancy, especially if you you're going to work on the survey trophies. That's basically my last 20-30 hours.

In 70ish hours, I think I maxed my artifact capacity once.

I rarely ever download the Plus games, so I would have loved to get Overcooked: All You Can Eat at Bestbuy for $10.  Instead I got it on sale for $30 at Target just over a month before Bestbuy's sale and it was outside the return window.  :(

On the Playstation website, if a game or dlc is delisted while in your wishlist those items still count towards the 100 item limit. I have 91 items currently but can't add anything more to my list. The old playstation website had the same problem. I thought they would have fixed it by now but apparently not. 

Grabbed Berserk (first time it's been on sale in over a year). Will sell my physical copy now.

RIP Kentaro Miura.
OOC how is the game? I had it on my old wishlist way back last year but it never went on sale. Thought about grabbing it now as all the DLC is on sale too but I wanted to know if it was worth it. And yes, I am a Berserk noob so this will be my first entry into that universe.

OOC how is the game? I had it on my old wishlist way back last year but it never went on sale. Thought about grabbing it now as all the DLC is on sale too but I wanted to know if it was worth it. And yes, I am a Berserk noob so this will be my first entry into that universe.
I haven't even opened my physical copy yet, but I can get a good profit for it so I decided to go digital. From what I remember reading it's an average musou game, but it has quite a bit of footage from the movie trilogy so it might be a decent intro for somebody new to the material.

So apparently, PS Now subscribers had a chance to win $100 in PS Credit if they earned any trophy in a PS Now game within 5 days (last day was August 31st). But nobody reported on it. :wall:
Normally your chances to win this sort of thing are pretty low, but there were 500! grand prizes.

Hitman 2 one of the PS+ games this month. I've never played any Hitman games before. Okay to play 2 without being lost or it spoiling anything major? I played Far Cry 5 as my first Far Cry game and loved it and I believe those games are all self contained stories.

Hitman 2 one of the PS+ games this month. I've never played any Hitman games before. Okay to play 2 without being lost or it spoiling anything major? I played Far Cry 5 as my first Far Cry game and loved it and I believe those games are all self contained stories.
It doesn't really matter where you start. If you got the first game through PS+, you can import those levels into Hitman 2 and play them all together with the upgrades they made for Hitman 2's maps.

The game is pretty decent for musou and stays fairly true to the story, the platinum trophy is one of the most horribly painful grinds I have experienced. Playing as Guts with the berserker armor is just awesome.

So apparently, PS Now subscribers had a chance to win $100 in PS Credit if they earned any trophy in a PS Now game within 5 days (last day was August 31st). But nobody reported on it. :wall:
Normally your chances to win this sort of thing are pretty low, but there were 500! grand prizes.
Someone did post about it, actually.

Edit:

I got an email from Playstation saying if you get any trophy on any game on PS Now from August 25th -31st you will be entered in a chance to win $100 in PSN credit

Waited for the digital version of Berserk to go on sale forever since physical copies were going for a lot. It never did so I bought a physical copy off eBay literally a week before Kentaro Miura passed away and the physical prices went even higher.

Didn’t grab the digital since I’m not going to get rid of my physical copy, but picked up all of Berserk’s dlc which was nice!

Apparently they aren't offering an upgrade path for the PS4 version of Horizon Forbidden West to the PS5 version. This is not the way Sony.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/horizon-forbidden-west-is-making-ps5-upgrades-more-expensive-and-more-complicated/1100-6495867/
According to the article, the only way to have both versions in the same purchase is to buy the more expensive editions. The best option is the Digital Deluxe Edition, which comes with both versions of the game and some extra goodies for only $10 more than the cost of the base PS5 version. That's not a horrible way to go, but if you only wanted the base version of the game you'll have to cough up a little extra.

That, or you can just buy the PS4 version of the game and play on the PS5 as a BC title with no PS5 enhancements. I haven't followed the game closely enough to know how much of the experience you would be missing going this route.

On the Playstation website, if a game or dlc is delisted while in your wishlist those items still count towards the 100 item limit. I have 91 items currently but can't add anything more to my list. The old playstation website had the same problem. I thought they would have fixed it by now but apparently not.
Now that's funny in a sad way. Why did they even remove and replace the wishlist if it has the same problems?

bread's done
Back