Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Yeah that's poop and they will likely still still kill the stores in no time. I already bought all I wanted so I just need to play the games haha.

I guess this is their compromise on keeping the stores open but still massively cutting the costs associated with it
No, it’s not. This is just what companies do when they’re forced to back off of killing a product due to fan outcry: they start to slowly bleed the product to death and hope not enough people raise an objection so that they can’t finish it off quietly.

Right off the bat, this makes CERO Z titles in Japan unpurchasable, since those require a credit card to confirm age.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it’s not. This is just what companies do when they’re forced to back off of killing a product due to fan outcry: they start to slowly bleed the product to death and hope not enough people raise an objection that they can’t finish it off quietly.

Right off the bat, this makes CERO Z titles in Japan unpurchasable, since those require a credit card to confirm age.
I guess this means that everyone has ~22 days left to purchase all the age-restricted PS3 and Vita games they want.

Got a question for y’all. Any recommendations for wired third-party PS3 controllers? I’ve got three Sony DS3 controllers that I got from a thrift store last year that quit working.

Guess I better buy the age restricted games I have in my cart before the typical payment methods for age verification are shut down.

Is the PlayStation button on your PS3 controllers still functional? Do you have a PS1 or PS2 controller? If you said yes to both, the cheapest method is to just get an adapter that'll let you use the PS1/PS2 controller on your PS3 via USB. You should research a bit to see if these will work because PS3 had firmware updates that block some aftermarket products like these, but most of them should work. It's a bit inconvenient to have to hit the PS button on your PS3 controller since the PS1/PS2 pads don't have one, but I think it's worth it to use an official controller instead of third-party garbage.

Oh yeah, that reminds me about PS4 controllers working on PS3 too. But when I tried it, I couldn't bring up the XMB menu. I think it's detected as a generic Bluetooth controller. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Buy a $20 Mayflash adapter and use a DS4. That's what I do. You can bring up the XMB menu and rumble works, too. After you sync your controller with a cable you can use it wirelessly. The only thing you'll have to do is walk over to the console to turn it on, unfortunately, but that way you get your exercise out of the way for the day!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079B5KHWQ

I'm normally very cynical about this sort of thing, but Nintendo is doing the same thing with the 3DS and the Wii U (and announced so several months ago). The Reddit people say this is a result of "increased security regulations around digital transactions, especially in the EU" and it makes sense that they would rather side-step the regulations than invest on keeping it up to code. Presumably removing the ability to buy them from the webstore also decreased upkeep costs while sidestepping regulations but I think that's more so the "bleeding" you were talking about, since this removal of credit card payments would have probably sufficed.
I'd say the store will be up at least another year from now though which I consider a tiny victory.

Is the PlayStation button on your PS3 controllers still functional? Do you have a PS1 or PS2 controller? If you said yes to both, the cheapest method is to just get an adapter that'll let you use the PS1/PS2 controller on your PS3 via USB. You should research a bit to see if these will work because PS3 had firmware updates that block some aftermarket products like these, but most of them should work. It's a bit inconvenient to have to hit the PS button on your PS3 controller since the PS1/PS2 pads don't have one, but I think it's worth it to use an official controller instead of third-party garbage.
The PS button does still work and I do have official PS1/PS2 controllers. I will do some research as suggested and buy a couple for backup. Thanks!

I haven't tried it myself, but word on the street is that the Dualsense works perfectly on the PS3.
Something to keep in mind. Maybe I can pick up a Dualsense during BF to give it a try. Thanks for the info!

Oh yeah, that reminds me about PS4 controllers working on PS3 too. But when I tried it, I couldn't bring up the XMB menu. I think it's detected as a generic Bluetooth controller. Maybe you'll have better luck.
I remember hearing about this too, definitely going to give it a go and see what happens.

Buy a $20 Mayflash adapter and use a DS4. That's what I do. You can bring up the XMB menu and rumble works, too. After you sync your controller with a cable you can use it wirelessly. The only thing you'll have to do is walk over to the console to turn it on, unfortunately, but that way you get your exercise out of the way for the day!

I will be buying the adapter for sure and using one of my DS4 controllers with my PS3. As far as having to walk to turn on the console, I can use the exercise! Thanks much!

Thanks. This is good to know as I don't have nearly the amount of PS3 backup controllers as I do PS4 ones.

Digging this Castlevania GBA collection.  I'd been wanting to replay Circle of the Moon for years but never got around to it.  About 1/3 of the way through the game now.  :cool:

Grabbed Nick Brawl with the discount, it's damn good. Jump on triangle is weird, but full rebinding. I think I'm going to be a Reptar main.

Got a question for y’all. Any recommendations for wired third-party PS3 controllers? I’ve got three Sony DS3 controllers that I got from a thrift store last year that quit working.

I have this one myself ($35 Mayflash Magic S Pro): https://www.amazon.com/Magic-S-Wireless-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo/dp/B081V8G1YX

Especially good if you use a fightstick / want less input lag. And it works with the PS4. Maybe it'll work for the PS5, but I'm unsure. I ditched my Switch Pro controller and use a DS4 nowadays.

I have this one myself ($35 Mayflash Magic S Pro): https://www.amazon.com/Magic-S-Wireless-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo/dp/B081V8G1YX

Especially good if you use a fightstick / want less input lag. And it works with the PS4. Maybe it'll work for the PS5, but I'm unsure. I ditched my Switch Pro controller and use a DS4 nowadays.
I had glanced at this and then forgot to really look and compare it against the Magic-NS simmias had suggested. I will go with this one instead and keep the former in mind. Thanks for the info!

Too bad you guys weren't around for tape drives. 15+ minute load times to start a game, and that's if it even worked.

You had to REALLY want to play that game, lol.
Yep. Pop frogger tape in... go outside and play basketball. Come in, flip tape, play more basketball. Eventually we'd play frogger 🤣🤣🤣

I clicked on the Hidden Gems link on the CAG front page.

I see Metal Gear Solid 5 and Final Fantasy 15 are listed on sale.

Anyone ever hear of these hidden gems?  I don't wait to waste money on some niche game no one's heard of.

I clicked on the Hidden Gems link on the CAG front page.
I see Metal Gear Solid 5 and Final Fantasy 15 are listed on sale.

Anyone ever hear of these hidden gems? I don't wait to waste money on some niche game no one's heard of.
Ff15 for those interested is a bachelor party road trip went horribly wrong. I had an ok time with it just killing monsters and exploring. I didn't play the original version though which I hear is radically different than the patched version. I only got around to glads dlc which was not very fun and super clunky but it was short at least.

Ff15 for those interested is a bachelor party road trip went horribly wrong. I had an ok time with it just killing monsters and exploring. I didn't play the original version though which I hear is radically different than the patched version. I only got around to glads dlc which was not very fun and super clunky but it was short at least.
I didn't enjoy the combat even a little. 15 is what sold me on "turn-based or GTFO" for FF.

Hidden Gems sale page (ends 10/21 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT): 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/397da265-8e79-41bb-a785-12899e963a6a/1

Ark: Survival Evolved is Deal of the Week (ends 10/14 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/9ad0f907-160e-4645-a8a3-3d02ae20c896/1

Some highlights for me:

• A Fold Apart is 60% off
  • Alba: A Wildlife Adventure is 30% off
  • Amplitude is 50% off
  • Anodyne 2: Return to Dust is 30% off
  • Arcade Archives (Kiki Kaikai, The Legend of Kage, Puzzle Bobble 2, The Tin Star, & Water Ski) are 50% off
  • Ashen is 60% off
  • Atomicrops is 50% off
  • Bayonetta is 60% off
  • Below is 65% off
  • Button City is 25% off (30% off PS+)
  • Cat Quest is 80% off, Cat Quest II is 50% off
  • Celeste is 75% off
  • Children of Morta is 60% off
  • Creaks is 60% off (65% off PS+)
  • DARQ Complete Edition is 30% off (35% off PS+)
  • Dodgeball Academia is 20% off
  • Donut County is 70% off
  • Ghost of a Tale is 60% off
  • Haven is 35% off (40% off PS+)
  • House Flipper is 30% off (40% off PS+)
  • I Am Dead is 25% off
  • Iconoclasts is 75% off
  • Inferno 2 is 40% off (50% off PS+) - very easy platinum
  • It Takes Two is 25% off
  • Judgment for PS5 is 40% off
  • Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition is 40% off
  • Last Stop is 20% off
  • Left Alive Day One Edition is 85% off if you're brave enough
  • Maquette is 30% off
  • Minit is 60% off
  • Mom Hid My Game! is 40% off and its sequel is 35% off
  • Mutazione is 40% off
  • Never Alone and its bundle are 80% off
  • Nex Machina is 75% Off
  • Nidhogg and its sequel are 60% off
  • Onrush is 75% off
  • Operation: Tango is 30% off
  • Owlboy is 50% off
  • The Pathless is 40% off
  • The Pedestrian is 35% off
  • Pinball FX3's Bethesda and Portal DLC are 60-67% off
  • Pyre is 70% off
  • Roundguard is 50% off (60% off PS+)
  • Salt and Sanctuary is 70% off
  • Sayonara Wild Hearts is 40% off
  • ScourgeBringer is 35% off
  • Sea of Solitude is 65% off
  • SMT III Nocturne is 35% off
  • Slay the Spire is 45% off (50% off PS+)
  • Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype DE is 50% off - Nice shmup
  • Slime Rancher is 70% off
  • Spiritfarer is 40% off (50% off PS+)
  • SteamWorld Dig & Heist are 75% off, Dig 2 is 65% off
  • Superliminal is 35% off
  • Super Time Force Ultra is 80% off
  • Telling Lies is 60% off
  • Thomas Was Alone is 90% off and its DLC is 80% off
  • Transistor is 75% off
  • Vanquish is 60% off
  • Void Bastards is 50% off
  • Wattam is 60% off
  • What Remains of Edith Finch is 70% off
  • Yakuza 3, 4, & 5 are 50% off each

So you didn't like the combat in FF7 Remake? I loved it.
I actually think both things are true in a way. After FF15 I thought all was lost, because I knew they'd never go back. Then FF7R comes around and changes my mind about non-TB combat. It was wonderfully done.

I actually think both things are true in a way. After FF15 I thought all was lost, because I knew they'd never go back. Then FF7R comes around and changes my mind about non-TB combat. It was wonderfully done.
Sames. I'd still rather have turn-based/ATB combat, but FF7R's combat is the only action RPG combat I can remember really enjoying.

I found a program that lets me use my PS3 Blu-ray remote control on my home theater PC.  It's good to have you back buddy.

Buddy of mine sent me a code for B4B Ultimate Edition yesterday for free since he worked on the game.  Sad part is, I don't even know when early access starts to play it lol

So the new Resident Evil movie trailer looks like a cosplay dumpster fire … why does Sony allow this …
Because Sony is bad at movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q6UGCyHZCI

The trailer would look pretty okay if it weren't for the stupid choice of the song "What's Up?" But that dumb choice makes it look even more like a generic B movie.

Because Sony is bad at movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q6UGCyHZCI

The trailer would look pretty okay if it weren't for the stupid choice of the song "What's Up?" But that dumb choice makes it look even more like a generic B movie.
It's a great song and I thought it fit well.

So the new Resident Evil movie trailer looks like a cosplay dumpster fire … why does Sony allow this …
There was no irony to how bad this new movie looks. I do not get it either. Does Sony spend their whole movie budget on Spider-man and then have pennies left for everything else?

I at least liked Monster Hunter the movie.

Are these better than the Cronus Max, and has anyone tried the CM with a PS5 or Series console?
From the fighting scene, Brooks adapters are the standard, then the Mayflash. Cronus can do some not-standard stuff as I understand it so they're frowned on. I do know the other two are active in development and keeping current with firmware updates. My Brooks PS3/4 to Xbox controller works on Series X no problem.

Did anyone else pick up Nick Brawl? I'm nowhere near pro-level but I'm doing solid in quickmatch. Note: diagonals aren't reading properly on DS4 so I read so use the analog or set your pad/stick/etc to LS vs DP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfNSfY2kmGo

As long as it's just not the PS2 on PS4 games that we already have this could be good. It could also be long list of songs the purging the trilogy. I played GTA 3 maybe like 1 or 2 years ago on my PC and it was pretty average. I could tell at the time it would be cool, but the story is so weak and everything feels very vanilla. Nonetheless I'll probably just wait to get it when the whole thing goes down to $20 or such.

bread's done
Back