Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
What's bull is that Judgement PS5 wasn't a free upgrade or a discounted upgrade. The saves aren't compatible either. I started playing it the other day, and it sucks I need to redo the first 2 chapters again. It does look a bit better and the slowdown isn't in effect anymore, although I played on a launch PS4. I'll just rush through the content to catch myself back up, but it's not worth it if you beat it already on PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember seeing they changed up the lighting for some weird reason

they got me by the balls for 60 fps though

PlayStation plus freebies were pretty good early this year, kind of unfortunate they couldn't keep it up for the later half of the year. I feel like it's still a pretty good deal, especially if you have it to play stuff online anyways.

What's bull is that Judgement PS5 wasn't a free upgrade or a discounted upgrade. The saves aren't compatible either. I started playing it the other day, and it sucks I need to redo the first 2 chapters again. It does look a bit better and the slowdown isn't in effect anymore, although I played on a launch PS4. I'll just rush through the content to catch myself back up, but it's not worth it if you beat it already on PS4.
Now imagine replaying the first two chapters of every game you've ever played over the last 7 years!

how do they run on ps5?
I hadn't looked into it much until today and it sounds like loading times are better... but the PS3 remastered versions sound like they are still the best ones to play since the PS4/5 version are just upscaled PS2 games.

If they allow games to be downloaded, I’m in but if it’s just streaming on most games, hard pass.
Agreed. If they have an emulator built out for them where you can actually get trophies and such, that would be a terrific thing for them.

Not sure it's huge. Even if you don't buy them on sale, a year of PS+ and PS Now come out to $10 per month combined. This new service is unlikely to be cheaper than that - there's actually a decent chance it'll be more expensive. And the internal documents suggest that they'll keep the PS+ branding, so we can probably forget buying PS+ for $25-30 in the future from CDkeys and the like, just like how deals for a year of XBL Gold for $30-40 dried up completely. Microsoft doesn't even sell the year directly anymore. Will Sony drop the PS+ and PS Now 50% annual savings rate you get from them directly in place of a monthly $10 or $15 service? I wouldn't like that. That's before you even consider cloud streaming and the fact that PS Now games currently don't require PS+ to play online.

Outside of PS3 games, everything on PS Now can be downloaded already. I highly doubt that will change with PS3 games.
Only PS4 games and games that were PORTED to PS4 as native apps are downloadable. Basically if a game wasn’t playable already on PS4, it can’t be downloaded and played.

So not sure if they are adding PS1 and PS2 games that don’t already have PS4 ports for this new service.

The article mentioned PSP games too so it sounds like they have been working on a software emulator for a while.

The other day my ps5 controller was dead so I plugged it in to the console while I played. It worked just fine throughout my session. I left it plugged in overnight to charge but the next day I found it to be dead again. Rinse and repeat. It’s been about a week now and I can’t seem to get the controller to take a charge. Googled the issue and all I could find was a firmware update issue so I reset the controller and plugged it back in. Didn’t seem to fix it. Not sure what’s going on

The other day my ps5 controller was dead so I plugged it in to the console while I played. It worked just fine throughout my session. I left it plugged in overnight to charge but the next day I found it to be dead again. Rinse and repeat. It’s been about a week now and I can’t seem to get the controller to take a charge. Googled the issue and all I could find was a firmware update issue so I reset the controller and plugged it back in. Didn’t seem to fix it. Not sure what’s going on
Controllers break. You did something wrong. You'll get no sympathy from us. Sony is GOD. They do no wrong. It's under warranty so send it in. Stop complaining. It's your fault. LONG LIVE PLAYSTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious question - why is PS Plus Asia always better? I actually like PS Plus and I want to play that lego game, I'm not complaining. But why does PS Plus Asia always get an extra game, and an extra good game to boot? Why are they selling Asia a superior product to America, what's the logic here?
It's a closely guarded secret, but if you dig hard enough into it, after a few weeks of grueling research you might be able to figure out what country Sony is from ...

... and then after a few months more of research, if you figure out what continent that country is on, you may begin piecing the whole thing together.

PlayPass will need to offer day one Sony exclusives, like Horizon when it launches to even remotely compete and I doubt they're willing to give up that cash. I'd gladly sub if they're willing to compete, but chances are Game Pass is going to dominate the landscape for the next 5 years.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in the past few pages, but the PS5 version of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is now available as a free upgrade for both physical and digital owners of the PS4 version (game’s $39.99 otherwise). I have a physical copy, so in order to claim the upgrade on the PS Store, I had to insert the PS4 disc. Likewise, in order to play the upgraded version, you’ll need to keep the disc on hand if you upgraded from a physical disc.

Upgraded version boasts 4K visuals and 120FPS. Despite the cutesy graphics, it was one of the better Metroidvanias I’ve played recently. Would definitely recommend it for people who enjoy that genre.

You got a lemon. Sad but true. If it's in warranty try to get it replaced.
How does controller warranty work? Could I just return it through target where I bought it from? (Came with my ps5) or do I have to go through Sony themselves and ship it? There’s no Sony stores near me sadly. My analog drifts a bit and one button kinda gets stuck from time to time

Go buy a new controller and return the dead one the next day as it won’t charge.
If you contact Sony you will have to return the dead one, meanwhile you have to buy a new controller if you want to play your PS5 while waiting on the controller from Sony.

It's a closely guarded secret, but if you dig hard enough into it, after a few weeks of grueling research you might be able to figure out what country Sony is from ...

... and then after a few months more of research, if you figure out what continent that country is on, you may begin piecing the whole thing together.
Ah yes, I forgot that maxim of good business that states the way to maximal profits is to always give preferential treatment customers in your country of origin.

Go buy a new controller and return the dead one the next day as it won’t charge.
If you contact Sony you will have to return the dead one, meanwhile you have to buy a new controller if you want to play your PS5 while waiting on the controller from Sony.
Please don't do this because it's return fraud.

I'm looking to upgrade my MK11 to MK11 Ultimate on PSN, but every piece of DLC for MK11 seems to have two selections to choose, most of which are identical in price, sale price, and matching platforms. However, the MK11 Ultimate upgrade I'm looking into for my PS5 also has two identical entries on PSN and one is on sale for $12.49 and the other is on sale for $14.99. Can I just purchase the cheaper of the two, because I've never seen a game have two entries for the exact same content on PSN before.

How does controller warranty work? Could I just return it through target where I bought it from? (Came with my ps5) or do I have to go through Sony themselves and ship it? There’s no Sony stores near me sadly. My analog drifts a bit and one button kinda gets stuck from time to time
Contact Sony, they will likely mail you one and then you ship out your defective controller.

Does the controller work when you connect it to a PC?

Either way, you definitely want to reach out to them if the controller is still under warranty. Hope you can get it taken care of.

I assume it's similar to if your console is a lemon. Just call and tell Sony Support your problem and hopefully you send it and they send you another. I don't know what the warranty period is though. Likely a year or so. My launch PS4 was unusable and had to be sent away immediately when I got it. Luckily there wasn't much to play.

Prob gonna piss people off but I’d just buy another controller, swap em, and then return the busted one as defective. Same outcome either way without having to wait 3 weeks.

Ah yes, I forgot that maxim of good business that states the way to maximal profits is to always give preferential treatment customers in your country of origin.
the bottom line is sony is struggling in japan, and not struggling in north america. good business practice says give more incentives to areas in which sales are not as competitive.

I'm looking to upgrade my MK11 to MK11 Ultimate on PSN, but every piece of DLC for MK11 seems to have two selections to choose, most of which are identical in price, sale price, and matching platforms. However, the MK11 Ultimate upgrade I'm looking into for my PS5 also has two identical entries on PSN and one is on sale for $12.49 and the other is on sale for $14.99. Can I just purchase the cheaper of the two, because I've never seen a game have two entries for the exact same content on PSN before.
From what I can see, they're the same thing, but the $14.99 entry is for PS4 while $12.49 is for PS5 despite both suggesting they give you both versions anyway. You should be fine.

Prob gonna piss people off but I’d just buy another controller, swap em, and then return the busted one as defective. Same outcome either way without having to wait 3 weeks.
I can wait since I have multiple controllers I just wish u could return it at a store u bought it from and they’ll ship it for u

There's a mobile and PC game doing a Chrono Cross crossover right now, and seeing the modern visuals for those characters makes me hope that the Chrono Cross remake rumors are true. I wish Square was still at the top of their game like they were in the late 90s releasing FF7-9, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, and Parasite Eve.
https://youtu.be/qqYEivU9_Bg

Going to ask a dumb question but I can't get character audio from any game right now on my new ps5. I have thr ps5 hooked into an older Onkyo receiver and am not sure what hdmi device type and/or audio format I should be choosing in the sound settingsof the console.

Any ideas?

Last resort is to have it straight into the tv.

Nwveemind...stumbled on the correct setting.

Just bought a crucial x6 2TB external SSD for PS5 and it's not working.

I bought a USB C to USB A adapter and plugged it into one of the back USB ports. I have been using an external HDD with no problems but wanted to upgrade to the SSD so bought the crucial x6. I formatted the drive and put games on it to transfer but nothing was happening and then the PS5 shut down. I booted it back up and got the message telling me the PS5 wasn't shut down properly and the SSD drive wasn't removed properly. Well, now when I try to move games, it just stays on 0% and about 2 min in it asks me if I want to cancel. What is going on? I plugged it into my computer to see if there are any updates but the website says up to date. This is my first SSD purchase and it's not going well so far.

Google has nothing about my issue. HELP! I first tired plugging it into the front ports but message said can't use external drive.

Now the PS5 isn't shutting down right when I put it in rest mode with the SSD attached. Get an error telling me something went wrong with the storage. Yikes. I will wait for their customer support to open tomorrow before I plug it in again. Putting the PS4 in rest mode without it attached and everything works fine. I was going to plug it in the front USB C port but I think it's best I wait until tomorrow and see what the crucial people say.

I don't know how to help this problem but considering you just had the other problem, maybe you should just consider yourself PSCursed and be done with the whole thing.

I bought a USB C to USB A adapter and plugged it into one of the back USB ports. I have been using an external HDD with no problems but wanted to upgrade to the SSD so bought the crucial x6. I formatted the drive and put games on it to transfer but nothing was happening and then the PS5 shut down. I booted it back up and got the message telling me the PS5 wasn't shut down properly and the SSD drive wasn't removed properly. Well, now when I try to move games, it just stays on 0% and about 2 min in it asks me if I want to cancel. What is going on? I plugged it into my computer to see if there are any updates but the website says up to date. This is my first SSD purchase and it's not going well so far.

Google has nothing about my issue. HELP! I first tired plugging it into the front ports but message said can't use external drive.

Now the PS5 isn't shutting down right when I put it in rest mode with the SSD attached. Get an error telling me something went wrong with the storage. Yikes. I will wait for their customer support to open tomorrow before I plug it in again. Putting the PS4 in rest mode without it attached and everything works fine. I was going to plug it in the front USB C port but I think it's best I wait until tomorrow and see what the crucial people say.
I’d say don’t even take a chance with external drives and standby mode. Never use standby mode especially since you already has issues with ur ps5

The first issue was a power thing. It's working fine and I've ever had a problem with my current external hard drive. All these issues started happening right when I plugged in the ssd.

Yea definitely cursed

bread's done
Back