Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Ghostrunner digital is both the PS4 and PS5 versions correct? Or do I gotta buy them separate?
This is on the PS5+PS4 listing:

If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can get the PS5™ digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5™ digital version. PS4™ game disc owners who buy the PS5™ Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5™ version at no extra cost.
So you should be OK to buy the PS4 listing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been migrating from PSPrices over to Dekudeals ever since I got my Switch. They seem to be a little more comprehensive (PSPrices occasionally has missing or double listings), and they have some other features like recommendations, which are nice for platform newcomers.

Yeah I bought it digital when it was $40 and haven’t played it. One day I’ll learn to be patient.
I feel you. I bought original P5 digital at $30 and have yet to play it. Wasted $30 since it's part of PS5 collection and was told P5 royal is the superior version and I should play that instead.

I feel you. I bought original P5 digital at $30 and have yet to play it. Wasted $30 since it's part of PS5 collection and was told P5 royal is the superior version and I should play that instead.
While I have not played royal it doesn't sound like it is as big a difference as p3p was from vanilla. Probably the biggest difference is the new party member.

Here are pictures from CES. The booth is the same size wise but there is not a lot in it.[attachment=36557:20220105_172427_HDR.jpg][attachment=36558:20220105_172356_HDR.jpg][attachment=36559:20220105_172442_HDR.jpg][attachment=36560:20220105_172405.jpg]

Here are pictures from CES. The booth is the same size wise but there is not a lot in it.
attachicon.gif
20220105_172427_HDR.jpg
attachicon.gif
20220105_172356_HDR.jpg
attachicon.gif
20220105_172442_HDR.jpg
attachicon.gif
20220105_172405.jpg
That purple 🤌🤌🤌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No but Sony did send me an email with the title we noticed you've been a little quiet which is very strange because I've been playing a lot of Spider-Man remastered. I am 90% done with the campaign and have 100% in all of the areas.
"Have you heard about how much you could save with PlayStation Plus?"

While I have not played royal it doesn't sound like it is as big a difference as p3p was from vanilla. Probably the biggest difference is the new party member.
Having not played 3, I can't compare how big of a difference it is relative to that, but Royal does more than just add another party member, it overhauls several mechanics to be way more user friendly, new traversal method/mechanics, new items, adds an entire semester of extra school time with it's own story line for the new party member, new dungeon, new ending, etc.

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/persona-5-royal-changes-all-differences-compared-to-persona-5

I will say, there IS a ~smallish~ requirement to unlocking the extra time/dungeon, but as long as you're aware of it going in, it's not arduous in the slightest.

Do you all think Chocobo's Dungeon will get a bigger discount? (15.99 currently) I really liked this game on Wii and wouldn't mind playing it again. Old Final Fantasy games tend to get good sales, but their other franchises like SaGa, Mana, & the Tokyo RPG Factory stuff barely budge in price. I dunno which category this Chocobo game falls into.

Love that Purple. I already ordered the controller and I will order the console covers when they are available.

Sad news that the founder of Just Add Water (Oddworld remasters, Gravity Crash, and a bunch of indie ports) passed away from COVID at the age of 51:

https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1479084445051330562

How much are those ps plates again?

Really wondering if Sony will do different plates for horizon and other exclusives, that’s why I’m waiting a bit

How much are those ps plates again?

Really wondering if Sony will do different plates for horizon and other exclusives, that’s why I’m waiting a bit
I've been waffling on the Cosmic Red. I have the controller and like it, but not sure on getting the console plates.

Had a weirdish interaction with Playstation support. 

I bought a few games during the sale, one of which was Melty Blood. Today I turned on my PS5 (for the first time in a while) to make sure there were no updates. I contacted support for 2 reasons, one to refund Melty Blood (wanted to get it on Xbox instead) and second to get the FFVII upgrade issue resolved. The chat support said I was not eligible for the refund because I had already downloaded the game (Melty Blood). Even though I definitely did not do that. I even went to check on my PS5 to confirm, none of the recently purchased games were downloaded. After having the issue escalated I got told the same thing by a supervisor and that I had already downloaded it. Also, they couldn't fix the FFVII issue. 

Is this something I did? I don't know how I downloaded the games when I didn't. Like, I know my way around this stuff and was sure I didn't. Is there some kind of auto start thing I don't know about? I was super frustrated about the whole thing and may call tomorrow just to ask someone else. The support seemed really stubborn on this issue and basically said there was no way I would get a different answer. 

Is there a way to preorder the upgrade to the Uncharted PS5 pack? I can see you can preorder the whole thing for $50, but don't see anything for current owners.

So Sifu might be a must for me. Anyone else sort of excited about this game?

https://twitter.com/SifuGame/status/1461364962308202503?t=B0in86unA2BqzRTP3tRbTA&s=19

So Sifu might be a must for me. Anyone else sort of excited about this game?
I get the same vibe watching videos of this that I got when I watched videos of Biomutant, and that is not a good thing. The fighting animations look bad. Some of the aging stuff sounds interesting but I do not think it will play out that special. I do not think this game will be any good. I always enjoy being proven wrong on this stuff though, so I will keep an eye on it. If I get another $1 month of GameFly I would check it out.

Had a weirdish interaction with Playstation support.

I bought a few games during the sale, one of which was Melty Blood. Today I turned on my PS5 (for the first time in a while) to make sure there were no updates. I contacted support for 2 reasons, one to refund Melty Blood (wanted to get it on Xbox instead) and second to get the FFVII upgrade issue resolved. The chat support said I was not eligible for the refund because I had already downloaded the game (Melty Blood). Even though I definitely did not do that. I even went to check on my PS5 to confirm, none of the recently purchased games were downloaded. After having the issue escalated I got told the same thing by a supervisor and that I had already downloaded it. Also, they couldn't fix the FFVII issue.

Is this something I did? I don't know how I downloaded the games when I didn't. Like, I know my way around this stuff and was sure I didn't. Is there some kind of auto start thing I don't know about? I was super frustrated about the whole thing and may call tomorrow just to ask someone else. The support seemed really stubborn on this issue and basically said there was no way I would get a different answer.
Nope I’ve had the same issue a couple times. It’s not just you.

If I'm playing Miles Morales, do I need to go back and play Spiderman Remastered?
I would say Miles Morales can be played on its own, but I would 100% recommend starting with Spider-Man Remastered for reasons. They’re both excellent games, and Remastered is one of my favorites of the previous generation.

If I'm playing Miles Morales, do I need to go back and play Spiderman Remastered?
Plus Spiderman is a better game (YMMV).

Honestly though, all of the Easter eggs, costumes, locations are better in the Spiderman game if you are a Spiderman fan. 70 years of Spiderman and Marvel history vs 10 years of Morales history.

I think the gameplay is slightly better in Miles, but everything in Spider-Man is well worth it. Also we're getting a sequel to that one, so be sure to play it. It's fun as heck too. Both are although I like Peter more as a character honestly.

I like both the more recent Spiderman games quite a bit. The forced non spiderman moments are such a pain in the ass that in a way Miles Morales was better just because it was shorter and thus had fewer of those lame interludes. 

I would say Miles Morales can be played on its own, but I would 100% recommend starting with Spider-Man Remastered for reasons. They’re both excellent games, and Remastered is one of my favorites of the previous generation.
I asked myself the same question when I got Miles Morales during the GaneStop used sale, and decided to pay the $20 for SM Remastered and start there. I’ve been playing through SM and absolutely loving it. There’s enough to the story that I’m glad I don’t know what happens. I’m guessing MM would spoil the big stuff in the first game. (Still playing it so please no spoilers here)

If your character hasn't been massacred in a comic book storyline character or storyline wise they haven't been around long enough. I mean how many heel and face turns does Magneto need to do, or Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine and I mainly just read X-Men comics haha. If I never see another clone saga in Spider-Man I will be happy for that. I read some of the original and some of the not original and there was a recent storyline, so please stop with the clones! Alternate universe spider people are interesting sometimes....

bread's done
Back