Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I think the gameplay is slightly better in Miles, but everything in Spider-Man is well worth it. Also we're getting a sequel to that one, so be sure to play it. It's fun as heck too. Both are although I like Peter more as a character honestly.
It depends on what you are looking for. Miles can pretty much do everything Peter can (save for some gadgets), plus he has the ability to turn invisible and venom punch. Both can make Miles a lot easier, you can invis to reset stealth sequences or make stealth takedowns easier, and venom punch can wreck bad guys in fights to quickly end them.

There are also a lot less notable bad guys in Miles, if that's a thing for you. And Miles is a shorter game, but the story quality is really high. Miles end boss/fight is also a bit of a letdown compared to the epic end of the main Spider-man game, but the ending itself is great.

You know, you can get all the DLC characters and so so so many more for free on the Android MPQ

You know, you can get all the DLC characters and so so so many more for free on the Android MPQ
True but then I would have to be playing on my phone instead of my 55-inch OLED and would have to start all over again. Plus I thought that the Android game had a bunch of microtransactions and you had to pay. I can look into if I can mirror my phone to my TV and if the game is truly free that I can play it that way. I have no idea why it's free on Android but you have to pay to play it on console. Even more baffling if the DLC is also free on a phone but costs $10 total on a console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking through the sale, I'm not sure if these are good prices because I've been away from the PS market for so long:

Shadow of the Colossus for $10

Gravity Rush Remastered for $15

True but then I would have to be playing on my phone instead of my 55-inch OLED and would have to start all over again. Plus I thought that the Android game had a bunch of microtransactions and you had to pay. I can look into if I can mirror my phone to my TV and if the game is truly free that I can play it that way. I have no idea why it's free on Android but you have to pay to play it on console. Even more baffling if the DLC is also free on a phone but costs $10 total on a console.
I play on a 50". Steam plus HDMI out on my PC FTW.

Also, the console version is a little different. The reason a bunch of stuff is missing is that they split the code base, and the lack of microtransactions is because they all but eviscerated any kind of multiplayer from the console version.

I've played, I don't know, 7 years and never spent a cent but there are tons of micro (and MACRO, like $80) transactions available. If you are not trying to compete and be a superstar in PVP, you probably never need to spend any money. Even without moeny, once I finished 2nd overall against 500 people. Even now, I can compete (and do poorly) in the top tier but well enough to get a fair reward.

I think the PS4 game is just the Campaign from the mobile game and the DLC is the first few Story missions.

Made out pretty well with this last sale, I think: grabbed LEGO Batman 3 Deluxe, Steamworld Dig 1 & 2, Curse of the Moon 1 & 2, and UMVC3 for under $40 combined. Yes, I’m way behind the curve, but I don’t play as much as I’d like to anymore and I wanted to compare how games played on the new 2TB SSD I got for Christmas compared to the Firecuda I had installed a couple years ago. Batman, CotM and Marvel all ran very smoothly with next to no load times for anything, so I’m a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play on a 50". Steam plus HDMI out on my PC FTW.

Also, the console version is a little different. The reason a bunch of stuff is missing is that they split the code base, and the lack of microtransactions is because they all but eviscerated any kind of multiplayer from the console version.

I've played, I don't know, 7 years and never spent a cent but there are tons of micro (and MACRO, like $80) transactions available. If you are not trying to compete and be a superstar in PVP, you probably never need to spend any money. Even without moeny, once I finished 2nd overall against 500 people. Even now, I can compete (and do poorly) in the top tier but well enough to get a fair reward.

I think the PS4 game is just the Campaign from the mobile game and the DLC is the first few Story missions.
I am trying to find out the differences between mobile and console but can't really find all the info. I have the PS4 version and it has a full story mode and 2 player online and same screen although online no longer works. I do know that the mobile game has way more characters. What I don't know is that if you play the mobile/steam FREE version long enough, do you get the same story mode and do you get the DLC characters/story too? For example, on PS4, Deadpool, Hulk and Lady thor are DLC and come with brand new stories and cost a total of $9.99. Are those characters on the free versions complete with their stories? Also, I think I read that the Xbox version comes with the DLC at no extra cost but on the main MS page, it doesn't state that. The Marvel Puzzle Quest info is not as robust as it should be.

If I upgraded FF7 from the PS4 disk but buy a PS5 Intergrade copy and redeem the Intermission code, am I able to trade in the PS5 copy and use the DLC with the upgraded copy? Seems like it should work but just want see if anyone knows.

I am trying to find out the differences between mobile and console but can't really find all the info. I have the PS4 version and it has a full story mode and 2 player online and same screen although online no longer works. I do know that the mobile game has way more characters. What I don't know is that if you play the mobile/steam FREE version long enough, do you get the same story mode and do you get the DLC characters/story too? For example, on PS4, Deadpool, Hulk and Lady thor are DLC and come with brand new stories and cost a total of $9.99. Are those characters on the free versions complete with their stories? Also, I think I read that the Xbox version comes with the DLC at no extra cost but on the main MS page, it doesn't state that. The Marvel Puzzle Quest info is not as robust as it should be.
So here's the short version:

The story missions rotate on the PC/mobile versions, and because of how long ago the code base split, there are more story missions on PC/console (though they don't follow the Dark Reign storyline).

The characters on PC/mobile are, in part, a microtransaction hook. There are damn near 200 of them and you CAN unlock them all without spending a dime, but completing them without spending takes longer - unlike console, you don't get covers for completing a node the majority of PVE. Couple exceptions but due to rotation that means once or twice a year.

Yes, if you play PC/mobile long enough, you can unlock everybody, but you need to unlock roster spots to keep them, which means either spending money or grinding for Hero Points. There comes a point where your roster is strong enough that it stops being quite so grindy, but that's not overnight.

If I upgraded FF7 from the PS4 disk but buy a PS5 Intergrade copy and redeem the Intermission code, am I able to trade in the PS5 copy and use the DLC with the upgraded copy? Seems like it should work but just want see if anyone knows.
Idk how that works but I got the ps plus free version of the game then I sold my physical copy and kept the code. I upgraded the ps plus version to ps5 digital for free then redeemed the code in the game’s menu

So here's the short version:

The story missions rotate on the PC/mobile versions, and because of how long ago the code base split, there are more story missions on PC/console (though they don't follow the Dark Reign storyline).

The characters on PC/mobile are, in part, a microtransaction hook. There are damn near 200 of them and you CAN unlock them all without spending a dime, but completing them without spending takes longer - unlike console, you don't get covers for completing a node the majority of PVE. Couple exceptions but due to rotation that means once or twice a year.

Yes, if you play PC/mobile long enough, you can unlock everybody, but you need to unlock roster spots to keep them, which means either spending money or grinding for Hero Points. There comes a point where your roster is strong enough that it stops being quite so grindy, but that's not overnight.
Well, I have played MANY hours with the PS4 version. I bought it when it was just $1.49 whenever that sale was. I am now just trying to 300 everyone and get them all to 5. I used my $5 monthly Gamestop coupon on a $10 PSN code so I will be paying $5 for the $9.99 it will cost for the DLC. So for a total of $6.49, I will have the whole game plus all the dlc. That's why I think it's worth it to just get the DLC for the version I have rather than starting all over again on a free steam or Android version. If there are different story lines though, it will be worth getting the DLC for the PS4 and playing the steam/mobile version too.

How easy was it for anyone who hasn't touched VII since almost two years ago to get back into for the DLC? Was it even worth it for a short ride? I'm trying to determine whether it would even be worth it to get sucked back into that meta now vs just waiting for part 2 to be around the corner and then hitting up INTERmission as a prelude.

How easy was it for anyone who hasn't touched VII since almost two years ago to get back into for the DLC? Was it even worth it for a short ride? I'm trying to determine whether it would even be worth it to get sucked back into that meta now vs just waiting for part 2 to be around the corner and then hitting up INTERmission as a prelude.
I just finished it, but I actually did a full replay because I wanted to play the PS5 version on my gorgeous new TV. Yuffie controls quite differently from the base game characters, and they introduce new mechanics that you have to learn anyway since you can't character switch in the DLC episode. You'll be fine, especially if you don't care about the 100%.

They do add a new superboss to the main game after you beat the Yuffie episode, though, but honestly he's not that bad and you can figure it out pretty quickly. Parry materia on Tifa is a must for that one, though.

Well, I have played MANY hours with the PS4 version. I bought it when it was just $1.49 whenever that sale was. I am now just trying to 300 everyone and get them all to 5. I used my $5 monthly Gamestop coupon on a $10 PSN code so I will be paying $5 for the $9.99 it will cost for the DLC. So for a total of $6.49, I will have the whole game plus all the dlc. That's why I think it's worth it to just get the DLC for the version I have rather than starting all over again on a free steam or Android version. If there are different story lines though, it will be worth getting the DLC for the PS4 and playing the steam/mobile version too.
I went at it the other way around. Started with Steam, grabbed console when it was available. They both have their good points but they very much are different takes on the same concept.

Also, the extra story missions on PC are more MCU-centric than comic.

I know I got a long wait. Not official.

slim.jpg

Scarlet Nexus worth picking up? I am in a gaming funk at the moment and need something that will grab my attention lol
Personally I thought it was a clunky piece of crap. I thought it seemed right up my alley but once I tried it I hated it almost immediately.

Finished up Spider-Man remastered (and all DLC) at 100% tonight.  I will happy to never have to take on another base for quite some time.  Those things were major pains in the arse.  

Scarlet Nexus worth picking up? I am in a gaming funk at the moment and need something that will grab my attention lol
I loved Scarlet Nexus. It was like playing an anime series and I never thought I would enjoy anime prior to the game.

Got the Platinum. Had a ball ripping apart monsters. Just a crazy time doing attacks and boosts and ripping out brains.

Loved the way the story filled in missing bits when you play a second time as the other character.

Loved building relationships with the other people on my team.

Easily one of my top favorite PS5 games so far.

Demo it is

Totally forgot there was one haha
I'm not sure what part you play in the demo, but my experience with Scarlet Nexus was that the first five or so hours of the game were AMAZING, and that after that the promising story completely fell apart, the engaging battle system became tedious, and the Dualsense support felt like it was going to break my controller with random pops and clicks.

So I guess I'm saying... maybe don't trust the demo? Heh. It was a 6/10 game for me, but I thought it would be a 9/10 after the first few hours.

A lot of people seemed to really like it, though.

Try the demo.
Just note that you don't have the characters in the actual demo when you go through the areas in the real game to an extent. Teleport, premonition and hypervolocity are on yuitos side in the real version though hypervolocity ends up in kisanes a little bit in after the tutorial sections are over.

Personally it was ok but not amazing. Probably the biggest negatives being the unfinished story somewhat and a number of things happen on one route or the other.

and the Dualsense support felt like it was going to break my controller with random pops and clicks.
Oh, those pops and clicks. Yeah, it freaks you out like the controller is going to break any minute.

I thought the story got better the more I played as bits got filled in and made more sense.

Tedious battles? Maybe, some of the later enemies are a pain to defeat, not hard but yeah, tedious.

But using every attack and superpower and special move consecutively to wipe out a room of 10 monsters?

Pure joy. Like controlling fireworks.

The story has some cohesive plot threads certainly. But once they threw in a certain aspect of science fiction that never or rarely ever is well executed it fell apart for me.

But the plot threads that just up and get abandoned like the one antagonist who scuttles off and you never see them again, the multiple evil organizations never got dealt with really either for that matter. Granted since they have bigger things to deal with it makes sense.

Then there was the random section with Fubiki and Karen that they never go further into so it makes me wonder wtf that was even about.

Oh and the hiccups with the localization due to covid. Randomly saying cucumber or something like that since apparently in a older script it was the slang for powerless humans but it was changed to duds.

I posted pics of the new colors last week.
Not sure why you feel the need to say that, but to be fair, the pics are completely night and day from one another. It's not your fault as you couldn't control the setting but the distance and lighting of where your pics were taken are absolutely nothing like these.

I just finished it, but I actually did a full replay because I wanted to play the PS5 version on my gorgeous new TV. Yuffie controls quite differently from the base game characters, and they introduce new mechanics that you have to learn anyway since you can't character switch in the DLC episode. You'll be fine, especially if you don't care about the 100%.

They do add a new superboss to the main game after you beat the Yuffie episode, though, but honestly he's not that bad and you can figure it out pretty quickly. Parry materia on Tifa is a must for that one, though.
Nice, guess I'll have to boot it up then. I already 100% it my first go so no way I want to retread all that again lol. Just need something to kill time until Elden Ring in a month.

I had ordered the black plates, but that pink controller, I dunno why but I like it lol
Someone has to reclaim the 80's dammit.

None of those appeal to me since they're lazy designs. Even less so since the only time it'll get use is when Horizon, or a FF game comes out. :S

bread's done
Back