Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I haven't had issues with PS4 BC on PS5 yet, but I just got mine and was on vacation.  If a game turns out to play poorly on PS5, I'll probably just sell the PS4 copy and buy it on PC, if available...

I do wish Sony invested more into BC because there still isn't a good HD method to play PS2 officially (dodgy BC PS3s don't count, IMO).

It would be nice having a one size fits all solution under the TV to play the entire PS catalog.  Even if they did what Microsoft does and treat your physical copy as a CD check token and download a digital copy to play (emulated even) on your system, I'd be alright with that.  Better would be honoring all the old purchases on PS3, PSP, Vita for classics.

I don't have an Xbox consoles past the 360 due to having a PC and their entire portfolio being on Windows now.  The PS5 was the cheapest living room "game playing device" I could get now due to GPUs costing a billion dollars, but I hope we all get to a point where we can just buy the software wherever and it follows us to whatever hardware we want.  F2P games can already track that nonsense, so why can't my paid games?

So how about Forbidden West?  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish there was a forum where I could complain about how Rocksmith and Rockband 1-3 don't work on the Xbox One or Series X. Where is a person to go to launch a formal complaint to the powers that be about such issues?

So how about Forbidden West? :D
It's funny. I've had my PS5 since launch and still spend most of the time playing PS4 games on it.

Forbidden West does look incredible though. I just finished up Frozen Wilds the other day and can't wait to give it a look later in the year.

I canceled my Elden Ring preorder (even though it looks fantastic) to focus on Forbidden West. They come out so close to each other and both seem like time sinks. I still haven't beat Sekiro, so I really need to beat that before buying another Souls game. FW looks great though.

I just wish there was a forum where I could complain about how Rocksmith and Rockband 1-3 don't work on the Xbox One or Series X. Where is a person to go to launch a formal complaint to the powers that be about such issues?
There used to be a forum on MS with a thread for each potential BC title (you could even vote for the games you most wanted to be BC) but they nuked it after a certain point.
It sucks but I'm not surprised most 360 music games didn't become BC due to licensing nonsense, at least Rock Band allows track export packs from all the 360 games (and purchased DLC) to be compatible with Rock Band 4 on Xbone/Series (and same for PS, of course).

There used to be a forum on MS with a thread for each potential BC title (you could even vote for the games you most wanted to be BC) but they nuked it after a certain point.
It sucks but I'm not surprised most 360 music games didn't become BC due to licensing nonsense, at least Rock Band allows track export packs from all the 360 games (and purchased DLC) to be compatible with Rock Band 4 on Xbone/Series (and same for PS, of course).
Yeah, I was just being sarcastic. It just means that I have a 360 sitting on my entertainment center when the mood strikes to play Beatles: Rock Band.

Oh so are we ready to talk about how greedy ass Sony is refusing to let yet another game be on Xbox for no reason other than they cut a big check and want to line their grubby pockets?

Maybe some day we'll get to a place where when a game comes out you can play it anywhere like Minecraft. Notice how Xbox owns it but they let it be on so many platforms? Hmmmm really weird isn't it?

You don't see Microsoft out here saying this game is exclusive to Xbox, we have all these exclusive games coming in 2022, Xbox is the only place you can play XYZ, but greedy scummy Sony who charges you to use PS Plus (which again, notice Microsoft has never charged anyone to use PS Plus) is rubbing their exclusive games in everyone's faces!

Oh so are we ready to talk about how greedy ass Sony is refusing to let yet another game be on Xbox for no reason other than they cut a big check and want to line their grubby pockets?

Maybe some day we'll get to a place where when a game comes out you can play it anywhere like Minecraft. Notice how Xbox owns it but they let it be on so many platforms? Hmmmm really weird isn't it?

You don't see Microsoft out here saying this game is exclusive to Xbox, we have all these exclusive games coming in 2022, Xbox is the only place you can play XYZ, but greedy scummy Sony who charges you to use PS Plus (which again, notice Microsoft has never charged anyone to use PS Plus) is rubbing their exclusive games in everyone's faces!

When I spent $600 for my PS3, I bought FFXII to play on it. It took me a while before I got any PS3 games.
I got laid off during the recession and couldn't find work for like 2 years and went back to school so I bought a used 20gig ps3 from craigslist. I spent the first year playing nothing but PS1/PS2 games that I bought from the infamous circuit city $5 video games glitch. I believe Demon's Souls was my first PS3 game and that was a year later.

I wonder how much I would pay to be able to play my disc PS2 games (and maybe PS3) or digital PSP/Vita games on the PS5.

Funny part is that I would pay for this but actually never play any of the old games.

Maybe Folklore.  I want to play Folkore.  PSASBR and ModNation too for a little bit.

Ok, I think we've had enough off topic for now.

Let's get back to games and deals.
It's the lull after the holidays, so weak deals so far. I saw the Newegg deal on an SSD for $140, but I will hold off on that until it becomes an annoyance. I have an external USB 3.0 5TB drive for PS4 games, so that helps a ton.

It's the lull after the holidays, so weak deals so far. I saw the Newegg deal on an SSD for $140, but I will hold off on that until it becomes an annoyance. I have an external USB 3.0 5TB drive for PS4 games, so that helps a ton.
I've been taking advantage of no data caps with my internet, so I'm just putting a few games on the drive at a time now. Still stinks that Warzone eats up so much space, but it load so much faster off of the internal drive that I can't pass it up.

Maybe if were lucky they will have a bunch of the new colors turn up on awd steeply discounted again like they did the white ones. 

I canceled my Elden Ring preorder (even though it looks fantastic) to focus on Forbidden West. They come out so close to each other and both seem like time sinks. I still haven't beat Sekiro, so I really need to beat that before buying another Souls game. FW looks great though.
Sekiro didn't have asynchronous play like true souls games however. That is, no player summons. Might be worth reconsidering priorities between the two since at launch Elden Ring will have the strongest community involvement. Not saying it won't by the time you're finished with FW, far from it but it will certainly have had a drastic falloff by then as people beat the game and move onto NG+ (and thus won't be able to help new players).

My dualsense is over a year old and I assume out of the warranty period. This means I should not waste my time trying to call Sony about it right? The website suggested Sony may return dualsense controllers back to their owners before fixing them if they deem it is out of warranty.

My R2 trigger has lost the tension it used to have compared to my normal L2. I read online that this can be due to a broken spring in the trigger. I have seen people replace them on YouTube videos and was wondering if anyone here had advice on this procedure. Thanks

I plan to buy a blue dualsense controller before I attempt repairs on my original since it is the only dualsense I own

My dualsense is over a year old and I assume out of the warranty period. This means I should not waste my time trying to call Sony about it right? The website suggested Sony may return dualsense controllers back to their owners before fixing them if they deem it is out of warranty.

My R2 trigger has lost the tension it used to have compared to my normal L2. I read online that this can be due to a broken spring in the trigger. I have seen people replace them on YouTube videos and was wondering if anyone here had advice on this procedure. Thanks

I plan to buy a blue dualsense controller before I attempt repairs on my original since it is the only dualsense I own
Looks fairly easy to do, you are just replacing a metal spring for the trigger button if that is the issue. If you needed to actually solder any parts, i would practice with an iron before using it on a controller assuming you have never used one. Do you know what size bit you need for the screw?

You're lucky it's the right trigger. I replaced the left trigger spring and it took about two minutes to take apart the controller and 15 minutes to get that damn spring set, lol. The right trigger isn't obstructed by the battery, though, so you should have a way easier time than I did.

You can buy a set of four springs for like $3 on eBay and they get to you quickly - I think I got mine in 2-3 days. Here's what I bought and they worked great: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144097590067?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It will be helpful if you have a pry tool, some tweezers and a tiny screwdriver, but you can get by with just the tiny screwdriver if you have to. I'd get one of those $10 electronics repair kits on Amazon though if you don't have one - it makes stuff like this way easier.

Definitely go for it, though - especially since it's the right trigger. The controller is super easy to take apart and put back together, and you aren't going to break anything as long as you don't try to.

I started God of War back when I had a launch PS4 and apparently stopped after the fifth mission. Booted it back up on PS5 this past weekend and wow, its such a gorgeous game. My plan was to finish HZD this month to be ready for the new one, but here I go getting sidetracked again. I find myself enjoying more controlled, linear games vs ones with a million icons on the map.

I like the freedom some open worlds can present you with to freely do whatever you want, but sometimes a more linear experience is just what you need.

I've been playing Metro Exodus and I think I actually preferred the more linear approach to the first 2.

Looks fairly easy to do, you are just replacing a metal spring for the trigger button if that is the issue. If you needed to actually solder any parts, i would practice with an iron before using it on a controller assuming you have never used one. Do you know what size bit you need for the screw?
Not certain but I have the iFixit Pro Toolkit so I assume it should have all I need. No soldering, just prying plastic and unscrewing screws. The actual part where you put the screw in is hard to see on a video. Some recommended using tweezers to thread the piece into the hole.

You're lucky it's the right trigger. I replaced the left trigger spring and it took about two minutes to take apart the controller and 15 minutes to get that damn spring set, lol. The right trigger isn't obstructed by the battery, though, so you should have a way easier time than I did.

You can buy a set of four springs for like $3 on eBay and they get to you quickly - I think I got mine in 2-3 days. Here's what I bought and they worked great: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144097590067?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

It will be helpful if you have a pry tool, some tweezers and a tiny screwdriver, but you can get by with just the tiny screwdriver if you have to. I'd get one of those $10 electronics repair kits on Amazon though if you don't have one - it makes stuff like this way easier.

Definitely go for it, though - especially since it's the right trigger. The controller is super easy to take apart and put back together, and you aren't going to break anything as long as you don't try to.
Thanks for the advice. I already purchased a set on Amazon that had a lot of reviews. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08X7FHF2Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the toolkit I own (got it for $10 cheaper than full price on Black Friday which was the first time I have ever seen it on sale):

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Pro-Tech-Toolkit/IF145-307

Wish me luck! lol

so maybe it's time to bring back Resistance and Killzone?
Would be nice but I think Sony would moneyhat a third-party before going down that route.
I doubt CoD will be exclusive anytime soon anyway, especially given Warzone is already multiplatform.
A twisted metal battle royale would be dope
Destruction All-Stars was their opportunity to make one and we saw how that went.

Random question just to clear my mind: there's no reason to buy HFW on the PS5, since the PS4 version will be getting the free upgrade, correct? Save the $10 and such.

Would be nice if there was a decent pre-order bonus somewhere (GS), or maybe even the G2L/game coin deal as well (if they haven't totally killed off those practices).

Random question just to clear my mind: there's no reason to buy HFW on the PS5, since the PS4 version will be getting the free upgrade, correct? Save the $10 and such.

Would be nice if there was a decent pre-order bonus somewhere (GS), or maybe even the G2L/game coin deal as well (if they haven't totally killed off those practices).
Well, you'd be missing the PS5 banner on the box and you'd have a PS4 disc, but otherwise that's correct.

bread's done
Back