Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Did you tell them you'd love to have bought the games on your PS4 back in 2008 but your time machine is broken?

Can you find it on the download history list of any Sony system you have?
That’s my next step, but I’m currently out of town, so I’ll check when I get home in a few days. But it will most likely be listed as a psp download only.

Dragon's Dogma 2 got announced to be starting development at the end of this stream:

https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1537561220558950402

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in day one on the Crisis Core remake & Rebirth. Looking forward to them both.

Sorry. I meant on the website.
I imagine you figured it out by now, but if you have a problem with the website acting like you don't have premium, all you should have to do is add one premium game to your library via the app or your console. After you do that, you should now be able to add premium games from the website.

I got the free Syphon Filter!  What did I do to get that?

Thanks to Frisky for notifying me but I don't know what makes it free.

I did own a version (PS1???) for the PSP, I guess 

I'm streaming TMNT: Shredder's Revenge, if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's such a rad game as somebody that grew up on Turtles in Time. It takes a lot of what made that game fun and evolves the combat to be more rewarding and challenging. It's a bigger game than Turtles in Time was with more stages, leveling for each playable character to give them some added bonuses, and challenges to get in each stage. It's a great love letter to the 1987 series and the games that came out of it.

Wouldn't you rather expereince something new instead of re-playing a (linear) story that you already know?

(I realize can say but now it has mp...for $70 though)
That's my thinking regarding this remake. I have already replayed the original a couple of times and then replayed the remaster a handful of times. This is not something i'm going to purchase to replay yet again when I still have the PS3 and PS4 physical versions sitting on my collection shelf.

Are others here also playing games that are on both Sony and MS consoles(if you own both) on MS simply because MS rewards you for playing games in their ecosystem? In case you aren't aware, every achievement you get can be used to get gift cards, controllers, systems etc. You also can points for searches with the browser and just clicking on certain activities. I am not going to get into all the details but I am just curious because I find myself always playing on my Series X simply because I am being rewarded for it. Unless the dualsense feedback is amazing, I think it's just better to play on a MS console.

Do you feel the same? Does it matter to you that MS actually "pays" you to play on their console? Do you play 3rd party/crossover games on your Sony console over MS if you have both? If so, is it only because of the controller or some other reason?

I got the free Syphon Filter! What did I do to get that?

Thanks to Frisky for notifying me but I don't know what makes it free.

I did own a version (PS1???) for the PSP, I guess
If you had playstation plus premium back in 2010 it was one of the monthly games November 2010.

Are others here also playing games that are on both Sony and MS consoles(if you own both) on MS simply because MS rewards you for playing games in their ecosystem? In case you aren't aware, every achievement you get can be used to get gift cards, controllers, systems etc. You also can points for searches with the browser and just clicking on certain activities. I am not going to get into all the details but I am just curious because I find myself always playing on my Series X simply because I am being rewarded for it. Unless the dualsense feedback is amazing, I think it's just better to play on a MS console.

Do you feel the same? Does it matter to you that MS actually "pays" you to play on their console? Do you play 3rd party/crossover games on your Sony console over MS if you have both? If so, is it only because of the controller or some other reason?
thatsbait.gif

oooooh, this MS paying you to play games is gonna make a great thread argument.  I look forward to all the piss and vinegar

I mean, think how bad a console has to be if they have to pay you to play it

Was there any other PSone games they gave away for Plus? The only other I can think of is Final Fantasy, not sure which one though.

Was there any other PSone games they gave away for Plus? The only other I can think of is Final Fantasy, not sure which one though.
the first couple years was part ps one games, destruction derby, silent hill, RE director's cut and crash team racing i believe were in there.

it appears there were quite a few they gave away, the final fantasy was v.

Too meta for me TBH. I know about the rewards but I'm never pressed to do them. Game Pass is the only factor for which console these days and the PS5 is in storage until I find a reason to pull it out TBH.

I think if you had a subscription to qore (the video magazine on ps3 pre +) they gave out some ps1 games. I have spyro, wild arms, and siphon filter and I know I never bought them.

Too meta for me TBH. I know about the rewards but I'm never pressed to do them. Game Pass is the only factor for which console these days and the PS5 is in storage until I find a reason to pull it out TBH.
I would think with you being a CAG, you would know all about the freebies you'd get and actively spend as little money as possible. Oh and I think there are PLENTY of reasons to be playing a PS5 right now especially with the new PS+ subscriptions.

I would think with you being a CAG, you would know all about the freebies you'd get and actively spend as little money as possible. Oh and I think there are PLENTY of reasons to be playing a PS5 right now especially with the new PS+ subscriptions.
Therein lies the dilemma. As a CAG I aim to buy games as cheap as possible. But I don't actually play them. Earning free games by playing a lot of video games just ain't gonna happen.

Also, I grinded the hell out of the first few Overwatch events for free loot boxes through gameplay. There's a fine line between playing towards a goal and gaming turning into a chore. I hunted achievements and trophies a few times, and had a lot of fun. It's just like going for a high score. But, right now I can tell it would feel like a job to me. Though that's probably because my interest in video games is fading.

Therein lies the dilemma. As a CAG I aim to buy games as cheap as possible. But I don't actually play them. Earning free games by playing a lot of video games just ain't gonna happen.

Also, I grinded the hell out of the first few Overwatch events for free loot boxes through gameplay. There's a fine line between playing towards a goal and gaming turning into a chore. I hunted achievements and trophies a few times, and had a lot of fun. It's just like going for a high score. But, right now I can tell it would feel like a job to me. Though that's probably because my interest in video games is fading.
It's not just games though. It's controllers, systems(yes you can use them to get a Series X), gift cards to Target, Walmart, Starbucks etc. I understand what you mean though but I am talking about playing a game you were going to anyway. If you play it on a Sony or Nintendo console, you don't get anything extra is my point. I know Sony used to give you stuff for getting trophies but they ended that.

you are literally talking about pennies, the time you are wasting with your posts is more valuable than a months worth of the average person's microsoft rewards points.

I was playing my PS4 a lot more when the Sony Rewards trophy stuff was around.  I play my Series S a lot more now thanks to Game Pass and their rewards program.  I got my 1TB SSD expansion for free and have enough points for another $200 now.

My PS5 is getting a lot more use with the new PS+ Premium.  Enjoying Guardians of the Galaxy, and looking forward to giving Demon’s Souls a spin soon.

you are literally talking about pennies, the time you are wasting with your posts is more valuable than a months worth of the average person's microsoft rewards points.
tenor.gif

Yep that’s me. I have both consoles but the only thing I buy on PS are exclusives. On Xbox, you get everything that’s on gamepass for “free” and in addition to that, I can pretty much buy any third party games I want for “free” with all the MS rewards I get. As a CAG, this is the way. And if you didn’t want to use that free money to buy games, it’s more than enough to get gamepass for free if you get your points every day. So I’d rather play my games on Xbox, get free money, buy more games and so on.

PS is a great console but overall value doesn’t come close to Xbox. Better single player exclusives though

and people wonder why everyone and their mom is copying Netflix's business model.
The difference is Xbox rewards gives me $20 a month while gamepass costs $15 a month (if you don’t use one of the many loopholes to make it cheaper). Netflix gives me nothing. I used the “” for a reason……

The difference is Xbox rewards gives me $20 a month while gamepass costs $15 a month (if you don’t use one of the many loopholes to make it cheaper). Netflix gives me nothing. I used the “” for a reason……
How did you arrive at $20 a month? You get 270 points daily if you do all your searches, so in a month, you total 8100 points. Then there's usually 1000 worth of points for doing two free punchcards, so you made just $10 adding those to your searches. There are other punchcards if you make purchases. The quizzes and points you earn from playing games won't rack up another 9000 points to total $20.

How did you arrive at $20 a month? You get 270 points daily if you do all your searches, so in a month, you total 8100 points. Then there's usually 1000 worth of points for doing two free punchcards, so you made just $10 adding those to your searches. There are other punchcards if you make purchases. The quizzes and points you earn from playing games won't rack up another 9000 points to total $20.
I do the daily searches on Bing, the punch cards on the Rewards app and the easy game pass quests on that app. I cash out a 3 month GPU code every 2 months. That works out to about $20 a month based on what a 3 month card costs. So my experience is the same as TTAZ.

Both systems are great.

Xbox with gamepass is on another world. Love the subscription service (wahh my physical,no one owns physical Xbox games lmao)

PlayStation you buy for the exclusives. Maybe one day it'll be up there with gamepass but not gonna hold my breath

Nintendo is Nintendo. The best of the big 3 don't even need to say anything.

Remember console wars are for poor people and games are the cheapest they've ever been.

270 points daily from searches. Another probably 80 average from the daily quests and random boxes to click. So that’s 10,500. And if you do the other quests(not the ones that require purchases) on the gamepass app daily/weekly/monthly that come up that usually totals around $20 or so worth of points a month

Rakuten is offering 5% on controllers and capital one rewards is offering 6%. By risk do you mean that Gamestop doesn't really check controllers that are traded in or just Dual sense specifically?
I am not sure what he meant by risk, but I made the mistake of buying a used PS5 controller from Best Buy forgetting that they have built in batteries. I do not use my PS5 that often so by the time I really got to use the controller I realized the battery life is about 2 hours a charge. I reset it with a paper clip and updated and still has a weak battery. That is the risk I would not take again.

I am not sure what he meant by risk, but I made the mistake of buying a used PS5 controller from Best Buy forgetting that they have built in batteries. I do not use my PS5 that often so by the time I really got to use the controller I realized the battery life is about 2 hours a charge. I reset it with a paper clip and updated and still has a weak battery. That is the risk I would not take again.
DualSense does not have a long-lasting battery in general, especially if you have rumble and adaptive triggers all the way up.

Don't confuse valuing time as negligence. And to be clear, PS+ has NEVER added any value to me but was required for online play. The new subs have not changed a thing for me and my only regret was having so many years stocked up in advance. When it finally expires next year, it will be so for the foreseeable future.

bread's done
Back