Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Just beat Demon's Souls. Other than a couple of bosses it was much easier than Elden Ring. Also the man-eater fight has such stupid AI. I started NG+ to pick up a trophy and oh man is Flamelurker tough or what on NG+. I play as a melee build and am getting my ass handed by him. Easily the toughest boss in the game for me. Once I get him down to half life, he starts one shotting me. I just want to beat him and get done with this game.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits will get an anniversary update to add New Game + and more on 9/27:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1560612805534965760

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - Anniversary Update Additions

• "New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters."
  • "Charmstones that are individually equipable - these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities."
  • "New game mode called the Spirit Guide Trials, challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects."
  • "Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlock outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones."
  • "An exclusive new outfit for Deluxe Edition owners."
Going to Steam is one step closer to Game Pass. The Cooking Simulator devs were just paid $600k (more than their annual revenue) to put their game on the service, and that's extreme indie. Hopefully they follow suit because this is a game I'd definitely play, but wouldn't pay to own or go out of my way for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a farmer’s market in New Jersey in a random store that had some sports titles and Doom Eternal. I found this for $3.
cc3051a5799855129aa6424034b55277.jpg

89c01a00677a88fa0042ac2ff260c7dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just looking at golf games on the PlayStation 4 digital store, and Hot Shots Golf for the original PlayStation is free for me.

Is this because I once purchased it on the PS3 digital store?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I don't follow this thread much. 

I was just looking at golf games on the PlayStation 4 digital store, and Hot Shots Golf for the original PlayStation is free for me.

Is this because I once purchased it on the PS3 digital store?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I don't follow this thread much.
Yes--this applied to Wild Arms for me, which was free because I had bought it on the PS3 store way back when.

Yes--this applied to Wild Arms for me, which was free because I had bought it on the PS3 store way back when.
Jumping Flash!, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, and Syphon Filter also worked.

All right! Sony is finally doing right by its long-time supporters...a little bit. :applause:

Same here that wa1 worked if that's the one you were referring to. I downloaded it as soon as they went live with the new program. Though a number of titles still don't work for whatever reason. Some are plus titles which I have heard it has issues letting you redeem them. Though other titles that aren't plus games are grayed out or let me click redeem but then say error.

Then there's the stuff like yakuza 0 and 1 that I never owned showing up for free. So I dunno what is going on with Sony anymore.

https://twitter.com/NaughtyNDC/status/1561492159752245249?t=lJ9cKFUmV6m3AxWP0ZuT_Q&s=19
Tainted now. On another note, House of Dragons was surprisingly. . .good? Didn't realize how much I had missed a good fantasy show and unless they drop the ball, is shaping up to be pretty solid.

Saints Row looking like a hot turd based on reviews. Save your cash and play part 3 instead.
Calling it that might be a little harsh based on the 60-ish metascore, but it definitely looks (and plays, based on what I've seen) mediocre and I'd rather dig out Saints Row IV from the backlog (started it ages ago, never finished). Time is too limited to waste on mediocrity.

Finally scored a PS5 Digital Edition from Playstation Direct...and now I'm annoyed I just missed the Horizon Forbidden West psn sale.  Hopefully it goes on sale again soon and I don't have to wait too long.  Only other exclusive game I want to play right now is Stray.

Finally scored a PS5 Digital Edition from Playstation Direct...and now I'm annoyed I just missed the Horizon Forbidden West psn sale. Hopefully it goes on sale again soon and I don't have to wait too long. Only other exclusive game I want to play right now is Stray.
If you don't mind a physical copy bjs has it for 30.

Heads-up but Dirt Rally, Dirt 4 and Project Cars are going bye-bye on October 3rd.
Project Cars 2 leaves on September 21st.
The Dirt Rally VR bundle (includes all DLCs as well as VR support add-on) is on sale at the moment for $4, recommend grabbing that if you want the game.

Finally scored a PS5 Digital Edition from Playstation Direct...and now I'm annoyed I just missed the Horizon Forbidden West psn sale. Hopefully it goes on sale again soon and I don't have to wait too long. Only other exclusive game I want to play right now is Stray.
My buddy has a copy he doesn't want, he told me he'd sell it for $30 if you're interested just message me. Would have to wait until tomorrow to get the code from him.

Sony just announced a DualSense Edge controller like the Xbox Elite controller.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/23/introducing-the-dualsense-edge-wireless-controller-the-ultra-customizable-controller-for-playstation-5/

• Ultra-customizable controls: You can make the DualSense Edge wireless controller uniquely yours by remapping or deactivating specific button inputs and fine-tuning your aim by adjusting stick sensitivity and dead zones (the distance your analog stick moves before it’s recognized in a game). In addition, each trigger is adjustable with options to tailor travel distance and dead zones to your preference. For example, you can manually reduce travel distance of the triggers for faster inputs in competitive FPS games or reduce the dead zone for precise throttle control in racing games.
  • Ability to save multiple control profiles: Once you’ve found your ideal control settings, you can save them to unique profiles and swap between them on the fly. With the DualSense Edge wireless controller, you’ll always have your preferred controls for your games ready to go, whether you’re facing Norse gods and monsters in God of War Ragnarök, or rival players in an online battle royale.
  • On-controller user interface: The dedicated Fn button allows you to easily adjust your setup while staying focused on the in-game action – quickly swap between your pre-set control profiles, adjust game volume and chat balance, and access the controller profile settings menu to set up and test new control iterations while in game.
  • Changeable stick caps and back buttons: Three types of swappable stick caps (standard, high dome, and low dome) help you stay comfortable in game while maintaining grip and stability. The two swappable sets of back buttons (half-dome and lever) can be configured to be any other button input, putting more essential controls at your fingertips.
  • Replaceable stick modules: Play longer with the ability to fully replace each individual stick module on the controller (replacement stick modules will be sold separately).
  • Built-in DualSense wireless controller features: The DualSense Edge wireless controller retains the signature comfort and immersive experience of the DualSense wireless controller when playing supported games, including haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, built-in microphone, motion controls, and more.

In addition to the included stick caps and back button sets, the DualSense Edge wireless controller comes with a USB Type-C braided cable, which uses a connector housing to lock into the controller so it’s much less likely to slip out at a crucial moment. The included carrying case, which keeps your DualSense Edge wireless controller and components together and organized in one place, allows you to charge the controller via USB connection while it’s stored in the case.

06d8a7c076df3b090cf777525e61e9a65174f410-scaled.jpg

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1562144941337464840

Do PlayStation digital sales reset at a certain day/time each week? Like on Xbox it’s Mondays at 5pm/4pm PST depending on daylight savings. Just wondering if there is a certain time to check for sales on PlayStation.
Another benefit to getting at least Essential PS+ is games sales often have additional discounts. At essential level you are basically paying for cloud storage, online play, additional store discounts, and a selection of 3-4 games that you are given the first Tuesday of each month that you can play as long as you keep a PS+ subscription.

New sales start on Wed around mid-day, but don't end until midnight PST. So new sales will overlap with sales that are ending for ~12 hours. So if for instance a game by itself is on sale @ a low price, but you wished that the ultimate version with the DLC was on sale instead, you can wait for next sale to turnover just incase the bundle goes on sale. That's happened to me a few times over the years. There are also occasionally weekend sales that start on Thursday or Friday and last until Monday.

Extra tier has a fair amount of current PS4 and PS5 games that you can download to play on your system as long as they are still on the extra tier.

Premium tier has quite a few PS3 games available to stream (not download) as well as PS4/PS5 remasters/ports of PS3 and PS2 era games that you can download to play as long as they are on premium. There is also a small amount of PS1 and PSP tiles available to download to play on PS4/PS5, not going to lie the PS1/PSP feature of Premium tier has been pretty woefully supported thus far.

The ones that are asterisked in the classic catalog are the PS3 games that are streaming only. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/games/

So once you finish with the games you've acquired from the year of essential PS+ that you purchased and the PS+ collection, you can look through the 2 lists on that page, the first one is those available on extra and the classics list is only available at the higher premium tier. Then once you decide which (if any) plan you want to upgrade to, you can change your plan under subscription and convert the remainder of your essential into the equivalent shorter time of one of the other higher tiers.

I would settle for a Dualsense with trigger springs that don't break due to the new dynamic trigger feedback mechanic

Just beat Demon's Souls. Other than a couple of bosses it was much easier than Elden Ring. Also the man-eater fight has such stupid AI. I started NG+ to pick up a trophy and oh man is Flamelurker tough or what on NG+. I play as a melee build and am getting my ass handed by him. Easily the toughest boss in the game for me. Once I get him down to half life, he starts one shotting me. I just want to beat him and get done with this game.
Finally beat Flamelurker after losing at least a 100 times to him. I am still buzzing from the excitement! NG+ was so much more tougher than the regular game. I thought I would be destroying the game and he was such a rude shock 😂

Finally beat Flamelurker after losing at least a 100 times to him. I am still buzzing from the excitement! NG+ was so much more tougher than the regular game. I thought I would be destroying the game and he was such a rude shock
Ya, Demon's Souls has one of the steeper bump ups between NG and NG+ of the four Souls games.

I see there's going to be a free online weekend this week. Does that mean the mp in all games is free to play or just the ones listed in the ad for it?

I'm planning on getting a month of PS+ Extra soon so I can play Stray. Not planning to use PS+ beyond that for the near future, so out of curiosity - can you sign up on the day the monthly games turn over (before the games actually switch out) and claim 3 months' worth of free games?

I'm aware that you need an active subscription to actually play the games.

PS5 is getting a price increase... but not in the US.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1562702334408667137?s=20&t=C0FAObf4i8Pg70JsIvLeMg

Crazy. When was the last time console prices increased after a couple years in the market?

bread's done
Back