Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I'm actually considering getting a used PS3 partially because of the games that haven't made it to 4/5 yet and partially because of their library of PS1/2 Classics (some of those games are expensive to get physical copies of)
Yeah, I've had similar considerations. There's a number of exclusives still left on the platform. PS Now has some, though it used to have more.
As for the incoming removal of the store, it helps that I have claimed all the PS3 games since having Plus (since Aug 2015) but worst case scenario, the PS3 (aside from the Super Slim iirc) is completely softmoddable and able to play backups.

I bought the PS3 Slim in 2010 after going a long time with just an original XBOX and PC gaming (I kinda took a hiatus from gaming from 2006-2010 to focus on school). My PS3 is still hooked up and works (albeit I rarely use it due to now owning all the other consoles and retro handhelds and SteamDeck). Emulation has come along leaps and bounds so that PS3 can be emulated thankfully but I like the peace of mind knowing it is still there and playable on original hardware. I haven't jailbroken it yet since it seems pointless now with emulation. I also have a huge library of physical PS3 media from when Gamestop was firesaling preowned PS3 games (4 for $20 deals I think?). 

I wonder if we see similar sales for PREOWNED PS4/XBOX360/ONE games at Gamestop or if they won't do it since PS4 games are backwards compatible with PS5. It probably wouldn't matter for me though since I have had the means to buy games for PS4 each Black Friday so there are fewer holes in my old games wishlist.

I'd also like to know since i have a slim that died came back from the dead randomly and died again seemingly permanently this time that I have most of my saves on.
It's kind of nuts that the first version of PS3 slim (my favorite in terms of size/looks) was very prone to YLOD as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a mini review of Little Noah: Scion of Paradise.

First of all the game is roguelite action platformer action game beat em up where you play an alchemist and use these creatures to attack in your place. You crash land on this floating island and can rebuild and do other base building stuff there. This is where you use crystals earned from runs to get things. I would recommend fast tracking the main one cause the 2nd upgrade allows you to use this dash attack, which is essential. So there is a story about the girl looking for her father and she meets a talking cat and you go deeper and deeper to get to the bottom of things. Overall the story is nothing special, but the characters are OK enough.

The graphics are relatively decent. They remind me of Exist Archive with cartoony looking characters and basic but bright environments. The music is alright just being some generic adventure music with like synthesized instruments. The voices are OK when they come out for important scenes. The action sounds alright, though some of the attacks don't have that oomph. 6/10

The gameplay gets very repetitive very quickly. The backgrounds barely change and aren't too different across the three main environments. The gameplay reminds me of an old indie game Fairy Bloom Freesia. This one is a lot better and controls better, but feels repetitive in combat like that one gets to be. You can set Liliputs (the main creatures that attack), but it's a lot of button mashing. There is a dash as well, but it's not an invincibility one, so you dash away or above things. Once you unlock it you can get a homing attack as well. If you have enough Liliputs some can be set as skills to be used on cooldown. Every room has a gimmick which end up being battle room, treasure room, gem room for upgrades, shop, mini game room where you have to destroy objects for chest (similar to target mode in Smash), and obstacle course to get a treasure at the end. There are a few more but these are the main ones. You go around a 2D plane similar to Exist Archive and each room can be seen from the map. It's just a lot of battles and eventually you move to the next area and every 2 areas has a mini boss or main boss. These require learning their moves, unless you burst them down immediately. They can be challenging, but after playing a few areas you can cruise through all the mini bosses (I had problems with one of them) and 2 of the main bosses. Frankly it got old, but I always try to beat them. I give gameplay a 7/10.

I should mention the controls are excellent on the PS4 controller. I much prefer it to the PS5 controller, although I'm playing the game on the PS5. The triggers handle better for the homing attacks, so I'd recommend using the controller for the system it came out on.

Overall I beat the game in 7 hours and had about 70% of all achievements in game and upgrades in game by this point. I had about 40% of the trophies unlocked. I would guess another 3 hours I'd get all the achievements in game other than beating hell mode, which becomes available once you beat the game. In this mode any hit kills you and it sounds like torture. Overall the game is very, very average, but is recommended probably around the $7.50 range or so, which is about 60-70 percent off. It's not a great game, but more of a time waster. I know people have been asking about this game, so hopefully this review helps them out. 6.5/10

I still have a slim PS3 hooked up and use it occasionally. I would like to get my original launch model repaired some day, I just don't know of any reliable place to get it fixed. I checked the Gophermods site mentioned a few posts above and they no longer repair PS3s. Anyone know of a trustworthy place I could mail my system in to get it repaired?
Last year I had Videogame911 fix my BC PS3 that wouldn't read DVD. It took less than a week from them receiving to me getting it back. I was happy with their service.

Last year I had Videogame911 fix my BC PS3 that wouldn't read DVD. It took less than a week from them receiving to me getting it back. I was happy with their service.
I know a place called that in Denville, New Jersey. Is that the place your talking about?

I hate that place.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium

PS5/PS4 Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX
PS4 Assassin’s Creed Origins
PS4 Chicory: A Colorful Tale
PS5 Deathloop
PS4 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
PS5/PS4 Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame 5
PS4 Rabbids Invasion - Requires PS4 PS Camera, PS Move compatible
PS4 Rayman Legends
PS4 Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game Complete Edition | PS4
PS4 Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition
PS4 Watch Dogs 2

PlayStation Plus Premium

Bentley’s Hackpack - PS3 Streaming
PS5/PS4 Kingdom of Paradise
The Sly Collection - PS3 Streaming
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - PS3 Streaming
PS5/PS4Syphon Filter 2 - Free if you owned it on PS3/PSP/Vita
PS5/PS4 Toy Story 3

Overall I beat the game in 7 hours and had about 70% of all achievements in game and upgrades in game by this point. I had about 40% of the trophies unlocked. I would guess another 3 hours I'd get all the achievements in game other than beating hell mode, which becomes available once you beat the game. In this mode any hit kills you and it sounds like torture. Overall the game is very, very average, but is recommended probably around the $7.50 range or so, which is about 60-70 percent off. It's not a great game, but more of a time waster. I know people have been asking about this game, so hopefully this review helps them out. 6.5/10
So just to clarify as someone who has put 30 or so hours into the game you will not get all the other trophies in another 3 hours. Majority of the trophies are not skill based and just time intensive and I still have a few trophies left to unlock. I would estimate at least 50 hours or so to get enough playthroughs to get everything. Someone on How Long to Beat says it took them 115 hours to get the platinum.

https://twitter.com/MotiveStudio/status/1572239248224313345?t=ck4tfKnFWNHD0myX3I2K3g&s=19
Honestly, I wish Anthem had been better because an Iron Man game just doesn't feel as fresh. Rather, the IP will give it restraints and require a more cinematic approach. I love Iron Man, but I have zero desire to play a game around it.

Just bought Horizon Forbidden West for $20 on Offerup. Most postings are for $30-$40 so jumped on this immediately. Liked the story in the first game but felt the melee part of the combat could have been better. Also the map was too big for the game. Interested to see how the sequel is. 

Just bought Horizon Forbidden West for $20 on Offerup. Most postings are for $30-$40 so jumped on this immediately. Liked the story in the first game but felt the melee part of the combat could have been better. Also the map was too big for the game. Interested to see how the sequel is.
Melee is now an option, but aspects of melee is the worst part of the game, IMO. There's basically a melee skill tree now.

And the world is a little bigger in HFW, but more diverse zones.

Grabbed hard copy last week from GF for $28, pretty good so far.

Just realized I haven’t finished HFW lmao idk why I thought I already got the platinum but I think I was trying to get other armor dyes and got side tracked. Love the game tho, more polished than the highly rated ZD but just like the first game I couldn’t care less about the story/dialogue. Played it after patches tho so no issues for me. The performance mode patch will definitely be appreciated when I get back to it lol. Also gotta get back to elden ring and finish the last quest and few bosses to platinum it ugh

The redesign of the store for both web and mobile apps is complete ass.  Should get my company I work for to redo it.  Guarantee it wouldn't be the heap of shit it is lol

It is pretty weird that they have a "PS+ Trials" section, but that a whole bunch of the demos aren't listed there. We could use some kind of wiki to keep track of what all the games are which have PS+ trials.
It's really odd when they dont show up on the ps5 store at all and you have to use the phone app to download the demos like wtf. Both Wu long and now star ocean was said to have demo released but don't show unless you use phone app.

PSVR2 not being backward compatible has, for the moment, completely destroyed my interest in it.
Yeah, it's really bothering me too. Luckily, there are devs that are working to make their games backwards compatible but the fact that it's not a universal thing is such a terrible decision from Sony.

PSVR2 not being backward compatible has, for the moment, completely destroyed my interest in it.
I think it makes sense though. If the newer version has more tracking capabilities might be hard to make that work with games that didn't? Again, I do not understand the tech so what do I know...but other than the occasional PS4 game, I pretty much play PS5 only now. (and only reason play "older" games on Steam Deck is due to massive backlog..and yes have the X and switch)

Honestly, the only 2 "old" games I want to play are PAIN and Split/Second...but I am old and might be misremebering the fun of those.

Shakedown Hawaii was also the last Wii U physical release right? Funny. These guys should just release that game as every console's last release until the end of time.

Yep that is the one. I only used them once and it was a positive experience.
My wife brought my phat PS3 there. Took forwever and cost a lot ($200-250 maybe more) to fix. Died again on day 91 (just out of warranty) and the entire motherboard was warped and completely unrepairable.

My wife brought a PS3 controller there that just had a sticky R2 trigger. Cost $35 or more to fix. Same trigger broke on day 31 (just out of warranty).

I feel like they just stick a solid 24K gold band aid on the problem.

LaptopMD in Morristown is excellent in my opinion and seems very honest for repairs (I never used them for PS but they fixed phone, tablet and Switch). They even told me to not repair some things when the price of a new one was not much more than a repair.

Enough NJ talk from me that won't interest anyone else.

Yeah, it's really bothering me too. Luckily, there are devs that are working to make their games backwards compatible but the fact that it's not a universal thing is such a terrible decision from Sony.
These might be the reason why.

fa5c7f9a-39f1-4bbb-b44a-faf018498806.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

For anyone not following the CE thread, the Horizon:  Forbidden West CE is on sale for $99.99:

Best Buy (props to blueweltall):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/horizon-forbidden-west-collectors-edition-playstation-4-playstation-5/6479464.p?skuId=6479464

GameStop (props to Cloudx9):
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/horizon-forbidden-west-collectors-edition---playstation-5/309487.html

If you're lucky you might find one in stock locally.  Bear in mind that this comes with a code for the game and no disc.

I have two free DLC codes if you need them. PM me if you need them.

- Spider-man Miles Morales (TRACK Suit, Into the Spider-Verse Suit, and 3 extra skill points gravity well gadget)

- Assassin's Creed Valhalla (The Way of the Berserker Bonus Mision)

bread's done
Back