Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Who needs a chicken sandwich? I am trying to get these KFC cosmetics for Diablo 4 lol
Coworker came in last night with a KFC bag and a clearly marked Diablo cup. But then I remembered you actually have to order it, it's not claim a receipt and was disappointed. The cosmetics aren't even that good but damn them still being tempting.

My PlayStation is getting delivered today, are these sale prices on the AAA titles relatively standard or no? I come from Xbox so i know what to expect price wise, just trying to gauge whether to bite on some of these sales.

Not anytime soon. In Dec 2022, they had it for half off for new and returning subscribers.
I really hope they continue to offer PS+ on discount at least twice a year. Once in the winter and once in the summer seems about right.

Perfect timing on the sale too since I just picked up a brand spanking new PS5 with an extra Starlight blue controller and 1TB SSD. Looks like I'll be joining the Pony brigade! :bouncy:

I haven't looked at the sale yet, but the site Deku Deals keeps track of sale history for games; you can look up each game to see previous prices and the lowest ever price, across multiple platforms, to help decide on purchases. If you take some time and set up your collection and wishlist, you can make it your one stop for digital shopping (and I'd much rather browse there than the PS store).

Last edited by a moderator:
My PlayStation is getting delivered today, are these sale prices on the AAA titles relatively standard or no? I come from Xbox so i know what to expect price wise, just trying to gauge whether to bite on some of these sales.
I'd say sales are pretty comparable across both platforms. Best thing to do is use a price tracking website like PSPrices or Dekudeals. They keep track of previous sales and can even be used to send alerts when a game on your wishlist goes on sale.

Unfortunately Sony decided not to put accessories on sale this time around.

Edit: PS Direct has discounts on INZONE headsets and PS5 color plates, but that’s all.
That's freaking sucks waited this long for a new controller just for them not to include them in this sale. Hopefully they them later next week or something wishful thinking

Now for something completely different....

Humble Bundle has Destiny Grimoire Anthology ebooks listed.  $9 minimum to get all 5 plus a coupon for something in the Bungie store.

I guess it's stories and expansion on the lore presented in the Destiny games.

Maybe worth it just to understand what the hell is going on.

It is really annoying that I cannot just upgrade my current subscription and buy a year of Extra or Premium. I have 9 days left on my PS Plus Essential plan and I like to upgrade to one of the new tiers was considering trying premium or extra for a year but it won't let me upgrade. It will only give me a discount on the remaining 9 days of my membership. I'm going to see if I can remember to upgrade the morning of 6/12 since my plan expires on 6/11 and hopefully they will let me choose a premium or extra sub at the discounted rate.

If not I will just stick with Essential.

It is really annoying that I cannot just upgrade my current subscription and buy a year of Extra or Premium. I have 9 days left on my PS Plus Essential plan and I like to upgrade to one of the new tiers was considering trying premium or extra for a year but it won't let me upgrade. It will only give me a discount on the remaining 9 days of my membership. I'm going to see if I can remember to upgrade the morning of 6/12 since my plan expires on 6/11 and hopefully they will let me choose a premium or extra sub at the discounted rate.

You can't pay the prorated rate and then extend it?

Can you buy ps plus with account credit and do I need to ad cc info ? Amazon stopped selling ps plus subscriptions for some reason and 3rd party sellers are asking insane prices
You mean wallet funds in your PSN account? If yes then yes you can. Sony stopped selling PS+ cards/codes when they introduced the new tiers for PS+. Now they just want you to use PSN funds to buy it off the PS Store. Also yea you'll probably have to link a payment in order to sub to it but just take off auto renew after.

Can you buy ps plus with account credit and do I need to ad cc info ? Amazon stopped selling ps plus subscriptions for some reason and 3rd party sellers are asking insane prices
You never need to add your Credit Card info into psn.

Just keep getting psn digital codes off Amazon instead. Load your cart to calculate the taxes, buy Amazon Digital codes from Sony/PlayStation or the official seller so its instant, there's a redeem code option in the cart menu.

I just got a $50 code off Amazon to get days of play discount on the ps+ essential 12 months. They beg for your credit card a lot just so they can hit you with recurring payments.

Can you cancel your subscription and just re-subscribe?

Played my PS5 for the first time last night. I've seen the memes but I was not expecting Astro's Playroom to go so hard! The game has me smiling ear to ear and blowing on my controller lmao!

Also I can confirm that my PS5 is dead silent! Truly a Godsend compared to the PS3 and PS4.

Astro's Playroom is nice albeit extremely short. I think I almost 100% it in just over 2 hours. Still great to show capabilities, and give nice nostalgia for all things Playstation. I do miss 3D platformers, and will be playing Sackboy sometime, but it's generally not as many games like that nowadays.

These recent posts by Xbox thread regulars who just got a PS are a little weird. They come off as "Have you heard the gospel?" If the worst you can say about a console is that it sounds like a jet engine, then it must be a pretty good system since if it was lacking great games, people would be very vocal about that.

If you are a new owner, make sure to redeem the 6 months of Apple TV+ offer that expires next month. Not to be confused with the media player, this is a streaming service like Netflix or HBO Max and has some excellent original content no one has heard of. It should stack with other offers, so you can get a 3-month trial from Target or Best Buy, then redeem this PS5 offer for 9 months of this service. At least that's how it worked last year - I can't guarantee that's still the case.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/deals/apple-tv-playstation-offers/

Old thread about the stacking offers: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/374204-free-3-month6-month-apple-subscriptions-at-best-buy/?hl=%20apple

You can't pay the prorated rate and then extend it?
So I just extended my essential plan for one year at the discounted rate of $44.99 and then I upgraded the 374 days of my essential to extra for $30.45 which is basically $75 a year for extra. They did charge me tax on both the essential and the upgrade to extra but all worked out well. If I wanted too I could also add another year of extra at the discounted price of $74.99.

I’m going to try extra and see if I like it. There are a few games I’ve been interested in trying and I noticed more in the catalog I had interest in. Maybe next year I’ll try premium. Didn’t see too much value in it at this time. Plus I could just buy the Psone and psp classics I was interested in since it was only a couple.

Thanks every one for your suggestions on upgrading. I appreciate it.

Played my PS5 for the first time last night. I've seen the memes but I was not expecting Astro's Playroom to go so hard! The game has me smiling ear to ear and blowing on my controller lmao!

Also I can confirm that my PS5 is dead silent! Truly a Godsend compared to the PS3 and PS4.
Yeah, Astro was good. It was a long time since i played a platformer and Astro brought joy along with the dualsense. Ps5 is pretty much quite except the winecoil or whatever I hear when getting close.

Best Buy sucks now. I never use it for anything video game related anymore lol
BB sucks every since they stop penny out their strategy guides. I think I have like 20+ sealed collector's edition / hardback Zelda guides and 100 others from them somewhere at my parent's garage lol.

BB sucks every since they stop penny out their strategy guides. I think I have like 20+ sealed collector's edition / hardback Zelda guides and 100 others from them somewhere at my parent's garage lol.
It sounds like Best Buy did you (or your parents) a favor. Best way to help an addict is to cut him off. :)

My ps5 started making these coil whine noise a year ago but now it’s gone. Now it’s just the disc drive that gets annoying sometimes once u insert a disc

bread's done
Back