Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
mine makes this crazy loud knocking noise about once every hour, and yet I've never had a problem with it.

something inside just goes *knock*.
As soon as you described it as a knock I instantly realized mine does the same thing (PS5 from launch). I kind of attribute that to the plastics heating up and cooling, and I have it vertical but feel like I notice it more in this position vs laying down. But I think this one is better for cooling?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished Rift Apart over the weekend.  It's up there with Astro's Playroom for me as games to showcase the PS5.  I think I've only played the first R&C game, but this was utterly fantastic and doesn't have unnecessary padding to turn it into a slog or a collect-a-thon.  It took me 15 to 16 hours to get the platinum.

I got an email yesterday with a free avatar pack from PS for getting the platinum in Rift Apart and some stats on my playtime.  I think this might be the third or fourth one I've gotten for a Sony exclusive, but it's nice surprise.

53d2ab29-7ee7-4211-99e5-529db3767771.jpg

Damn, I wish I saw this earlier. I almost bought one 1-2 weeks ago for about $260.
I saw it 4 minutes after the post went up and still couldn't get it to go through, the website was absolutely slammed. Made it to checkout, it said 'Paypal is not available' and then kicked me out completely. Curious if orders will get canceled since it was clearly an error, I always wonder if it's a computer glitch or a disgruntled employee sowing chaos.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1666570628512772096
what is the equivalent of this at best buy? The model numbers don't match up...I was going to just buy a 1 TB for my PS5. Also was considering an external hard drive since you can store PS5 games on there now.

Is it just me or does Rebirth look better in every way than 16.
It's not just you. FF16 looks so bland it makes me sad for what Final Fantasy used to be, but this trailer got me fired up again to look forward to something in the franchise.

The Spidermen Venom statue is pretty bad-ass. Actually debating it.

Edit: $220 with no disc. Eh. Guess not.

The Spidermen Venom statue is pretty bad-ass. Actually debating it.

Edit: $220 with no disc. Eh. Guess not.
A steelbook with no disc is a special kind of stupid. The statue is nice, but the digital extras do nothing for me. I might actually wait for a sale depending on everything else. Yeah I want to play it too, but come on a month before holiday sales start is not the time to pay full price for the vanilla.

Given that games seem to be shifting from $60 to $70 this generation, I find it curious that the current preorder price for Assassin’s Creed Mirage on the PS Store is $49.99. I’ve not given it too much attention (overall fatigue with the series at this point), but is there something I’m missing as to why it’s priced $50 day one?

Given that games seem to be shifting from $60 to $70 this generation, I find it curious that the current preorder price for Assassin’s Creed Mirage on the PS Store is $49.99. I’ve not given it too much attention (overall fatigue with the series at this point), but is there something I’m missing as to why it’s priced $50 day one?
It was planned as a big expansion for Valhalla, but spun it into its own game. It's more in line with the AC2 games in terms of gameplay style.

Holy crap, the log in puzzle for Sony with the finger puzzle is the worst thing I've ever encountered...and despite two out of three successful attempts, it wouldn't let me in when trying to claim my Rocket League Battle Bus on the Epic Games Store. You gotta pick the picture with three fingers between two hands with rings TWENTY freaking times. The pics are small, sometimes takes a bit to focus, and if you miss just one, you fail...and they don't tell you tahat until it's over. So stupid...

A steelbook with no disc is a special kind of stupid. The statue is nice, but the digital extras do nothing for me. I might actually wait for a sale depending on everything else. Yeah I want to play it too, but come on a month before holiday sales start is not the time to pay full price for the vanilla.
This is probably what you'll see going forward from Sony. They don't want to alienate their discless console owners.

Quick FYI, Dollar General has GameStop gift cards on sale this week (15% off). For those unaware, one can purchase PSN credit with them, so it could be a good opportunity to stack some additional savings on the current active sales. Or for those who are 100% digital, it could net you some savings off some recent and/or upcoming releases (Diablo 4, Street Fighter 6, Final Fantasy 16). Or if you haven’t yet picked up a PS5, this could be a REALLY good deal for you, since that could mean effectively getting a console for 15% off.

Pic added for reference. Sale ends June 17th.

[attachment=37966:40F461FE-0454-491C-A2BB-13CB527EBBEE.jpeg]

Whenever there's a Gamestop cash back offer on Rakuten or something, I always feel like I'm missing out because I usually load up on these Gamestop gift cards when they go on discount (and gift cards don't count for cash back). But then 15 percent off is better than any cash back offer you'll see most of the time.

Whenever there's a Gamestop cash back offer on Rakuten or something, I always feel like I'm missing out because I usually load up on these Gamestop gift cards when they go on discount (and gift cards don't count for cash back). But then 15 percent off is better than any cash back offer you'll see most of the time.
Using giftcards for a purchase on GameStop through Rakuten doesn’t negate the cash back as I received it from a purchased I made the other day mixing a gift card and trade credit.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective demo is live now:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-CUSA34093_00-GHOSTTRICKDEMO00

This demo allows you to play up to chapter 2 of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Save data from the demo version can be transferred to the full version, allowing you to continue your progress after purchasing the game. Additionally, having save data from the demo will unlock the following content in the full game:

2 screen backgrounds:
- Sissel
- Town

Music track (can be listened to in the Music menu):
- GHOST TRICK
They just announced an Apollo Justice Trilogy with Apollo Justice and the two 3DS games. Early 2024.

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/1668383410568695808

Mentioned this game a few weeks back, but I just noticed that it’s currently on sale and wanted to highlight it again. Highly recommended if you enjoyed Final Fantasy games back during the SNES era. Probably a good 35-50 hour adventure, depending on how much of a completionist one is.

[attachment=37974:F0E25494-3C58-4BC0-B8DE-BC12652BD984.jpeg]

bread's done
Back