Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Finished the FFXVI demo last night. The game is gonna be awesome. Very mature setting and felt like Game of Thrones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure this deserves it's own thread but want to post it somewhere. Gamefly had a restock of their used game sale. Here's some highlights:
Wo long $20
octopath traveler 2 $30
Forspoken $20
Dead Island 2 $35
Callisto Protocol $20
Like a Dragon Ishin $25
Dead Space Remake $28
Hogwarts Legacy $35
RE4 Remake $35
God of War Ragnarok $40
Ratchet and clank rift apart $35

https://www.gamefly.com/preplayedsale

Is there a direct link to Wo Long PS5 in that sale. Or do you have to be a member to buy it at $19.99? I only see the PS4 and Xbox versions...

I’ve only played a bit of the prologue and it seems alright. Pretty sure I’ll like it after I’m done with it. Only thing I didn’t like is them showing too many trailers/gameplay. At least they’re confident I guess

I'm not done with the FF16 demo yet, but I have really been enjoying the gameplay.  It's a nice balance of action and RPG and the combat has been very fun.  

The lore for the story has been interesting to learn as well.  

Lastly, I don't mind a linear game path like FFXIII either.  It's kind of refreshing after the open world of Zelda.  

Rogue Legacy 2 on PS+ Extra/Premium at launch and I'm guessing Viewfinder will be the July addition since it's launching on the Tuesday that July's update will happen.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/06/14/playstation-plus-game-catalog-for-june-ps5-game-streaming-news-update-for-premium-members/

First off, we have very exciting news for PlayStation Plus Premium members. We’re currently testing cloud streaming for supported PS5 games – this includes PS5 titles from the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog and Game Trials, as well as supported digital PS5 titles that players own. When this feature launches, cloud game streaming for supported PS5 titles will be available for use directly on your PS5 console. That means as a Premium member, it’ll be easier to jump into your favorite games without downloading them first onto your PS5 console. Our goal is to add this as an additional benefit to PlayStation Plus Premium as part of our ongoing efforts to enhance the value of PlayStation Plus.

We think it’s important for Premium members to be able to enjoy as many games as possible via cloud streaming. As more games continue to launch on the PS5 console, we look forward to adding cloud streaming capability for PS5 titles in addition to the PS3, PS4 and classic titles that are already available for Premium members to stream. We’re in the early stages right now, and we can’t wait to share more details when we’re ready, including a launch time frame. Stay tuned!

I was thinking Rogue Legacy 2 was Rogue Galaxy 2 and got excited (even though I bought and never played Rogue Galaxy), then I looked at screenshots and it didn't look anything like I was expecting.  It has good reviews on the other platforms, so I might give it a shot.  Shredder's Revenge looks like a good addition as well.

It's annoying that the blog only lists some of the games. PlayStation UK Twitter lists all of them, though we may not get the same games here.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/1669009497266831362

Not sure this deserves it's own thread but want to post it somewhere. Gamefly had a restock of their used game sale. Here's some highlights:
Wo long $20
octopath traveler 2 $30
Forspoken $20
Dead Island 2 $35
Callisto Protocol $20
Like a Dragon Ishin $25
Dead Space Remake $28
Hogwarts Legacy $35
RE4 Remake $35
God of War Ragnarok $40
Ratchet and clank rift apart $35

https://www.gamefly.com/preplayedsale
Thanks. Grabbed Callisto Protocol and Forspoken. Two games I had been waiting to grab for cheap.

I'm avoiding the FF16 demo.

I know I'm going to buy it no matter what, especially as everyone is raving about it.

I'll just go in clean when I get the disc.

Hey got an off the wall question.

I was looking at getting a sealed copy of assassin's creed odyssey gold edition for ps4. Anyone know if the codes still work?

I know it says they expired in 2020 but i've had luck with that stuff working way past that.

I tried googling everything i could and couldn't find an answer.

thanks

I'm avoiding the FF16 demo.
I know I'm going to buy it no matter what, especially as everyone is raving about it.
I'll just go in clean when I get the disc.
The demo is literally the first 2 hours of the game exactly as the final build, so if you want to start it early you can

I had zero desire to buy the game until I watched that presentation last week. Copped it instantly lol. Still need to play the demo but D4 been eating up all my time.
I was hyped until Diablo IV locked my calendar for the next few months. Just canceled my preorder since it will probably hit a B2G1 sale sooner than later. Can't believe how many games are coming this summer and just don't have the desire to juggle them all.

Holy shit, in reference to the ending of FF16 demo (first 2 hours of game):  Did I just 
turn into Ifrit and have an epic battle with my little brother as the phoenix? Didn't see that coming but I'm mostly okay with it. Was starting to get whiny Hugo vibes from Plague Tale from him. Though I'm sure he's not really dead.
And I preordered.

Well made it literally the last page of checkout for the Spider-Man 2 CE, clicking COMPLETE ORDER button giving me timeout errors.

Worth a shot but at least I can save myself $160 to just buy the game itself.

Quick heads up/reminder—today’s the last day of the Dollar General sale on GameStop gift cards. 15% off. GCs can be used on PSN credit, and the PS digital wallet can now hold up to $375. Could be a good time to camel up until the Black Friday shopping season, budget allowing.

Can someone fill me in on how PS4 to PS5 save transfers / upgrades work? I got my PS5 recently and did the FFVIIR upgrade and then bought the Yuffie DLC. I do want my save to transfer over to PS5 but not too sure what to do. I don't currently have PS+ and to be quite honest I don't really feel like I need it at this moment in time so I'd rather not subscribe if I don't have to. Is it possible to do the save transfer without PS+ and if so how would I go about doing it?

I guess this also extends to Death Stranding and Ghosts Of Tsushima. For both I had the base game on launch and played through them but now got the PS5 directors cuts. Is it possible to migrate my saves over? Especially with Ghosts I'd love to do a new game + on the PS5 directors cut, but no clue how to do save transfers. If it's something I can only do via ps+ I'll just buy a month or something to do the transfers

Can someone fill me in on how PS4 to PS5 save transfers / upgrades work? I got my PS5 recently and did the FFVIIR upgrade and then bought the Yuffie DLC. I do want my save to transfer over to PS5 but not too sure what to do. I don't currently have PS+ and to be quite honest I don't really feel like I need it at this moment in time so I'd rather not subscribe if I don't have to. Is it possible to do the save transfer without PS+ and if so how would I go about doing it?

I guess this also extends to Death Stranding and Ghosts Of Tsushima. For both I had the base game on launch and played through them but now got the PS5 directors cuts. Is it possible to migrate my saves over? Especially with Ghosts I'd love to do a new game + on the PS5 directors cut, but no clue how to do save transfers. If it's something I can only do via ps+ I'll just buy a month or something to do the transfers
https://www.cbr.com/ff7-remake-save-transfer-guide/

Especially for games early in the lifecycle, it greatly varied from game to game how to transfer saves. Some weren’t transferable at all.

Post above shows for Final Fantasy VII remake but if you want to know for others, best thing to do is search each one individually using their name + PS5 transfer via Google.

Dollar General continues to have a 15% discount on GameStop gift cards this week (6/18-6/24). Can be redeemed for PSN credit. Pic attached for reference.

[attachment=38000:A3824486-B5F5-4FDB-AA68-96CAA11E75CE.jpeg]

They've said the game will be fully playable from day 1 without an internet connection. This patch is to fix some crashing in very specific circumstances. It's only 300mb and optional, they should be applauded for releasing a fully functional game on day 1 in this day and age.

Especially for games early in the lifecycle, it greatly varied from game to game how to transfer saves. Some weren’t transferable at all.

Post above shows for Final Fantasy VII remake but if you want to know for others, best thing to do is search each one individually using their name + PS5 transfer via Google.
Yeah, I just got a PS5 a few weeks ago and am in the process of doing this now for a few games, and it looks like the process will probably be different per game. Just transferred my PS4 save data for No Man's Sky to PS5 which required to upload the PS4 data to the cloud and then download it to the PS5 but thankfully it doesn't require PSPlus, just a regularr PSN account. Was debating transferring my Ghost of Tsushima data but I didn't get very far in the first place so I'm just going to start over fresh there. Only other game I can think of that I have a significant amount of play time is Watch Dogs Legion and looking that up has the added layer of requiring an Ubisoft account, which I have but probably won't mess with as I've pretty much completed as much as I want to already.

ps-plus-celebration-is-live-psn-avatar-codes-wallpapers-v0-b9kannag877b1.png

Here's the US code to copy and paste:

GL8M-E67D-J43Q

Here's a random request, but does anyone have recommendations for games that use Latin American Spanish?

I've been studying Spanish intensely for the past couple of months (Mexican dialect specifically because that's what's used by everyone I'll be speaking it with) and am starting to play games in Spanish to study. I find a lot of games will have a Spanish version if you boot them up with your PS5's system language set to it. But almost every game I find uses the dialect from Spain, which is close enough to still be useful for reading practice, but still different enough to cause some problems- some grammatical differences and different idioms/slang/phrases. Playing through Final Fantasy VIII Remastered right now, and it's been awesome, but yeah I just wish it used Latin American Spanish so I don't pick up any more Spain-specific lingo that the people around me don't use/understand, as has already happened a bit and caused some confusion. 😅

So far I've found Final Fantasy 15 and the FF16 demo both have the option of Latin American Spanish. Just looking for more games like those.

bread's done
Back