Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the Ape Escape trilogy remaster to release on the PlayStation 4/ PlayStation 5?

Or hell, revive the franchise and give us an all-new game.
Same here. I loved the Ape Escape games back in the day but they are real rough to go back to now days. The controls and camera especially are rough and I haven't been able to get more than a few hours into any of them on PS5. They are just not fun to play and are in need of updating.

Ape Escape 1 was one of the first game to use the dualshock and it showed. Was hard as heck to control and frankly the first game on the PS1 isn't the most amazing experience. I remember playing 2 and 3 later and thought they played fine. I also played the one that got HD on the PS4 (2 I believe) and thought it was pretty cool to speed run and never felt the controls were horrible. The camera was very wonky at times, but nothing major.  

Sackboy PS5 and PS4 is currently $10 at Best Buy for today only. I never had a ton of interest in it but for that price with free shipping I'll give it a shot.

Sackboy PS5 and PS4 is currently $10 at Best Buy for today only. I never had a ton of interest in it but for that price with free shipping I'll give it a shot.
Thanks a lot I ordered PS4 version. I remember seeing a lot of discussion about what a great game this is a while back.

Ordered Sackboy even though I don’t have a PS5. Might order a controller as well and wait to see if new consoles release. I will want a disc version to play cheap PS4 games (and Sackboy) though.

Last edited by a moderator:
considering that all of the leaks have said the slim has no disc drive and they are planning on selling it separately, i would say it is fake. is it just me or does that just look like a regular ps5 with different covers?

In MA it will qualify. These are the only exceptions here.

The following items are still taxable and do not qualify for the sales tax holiday exemption:

• Meals
  • Motor vehicles
  • Motorboats
  • Telecommunications services
  • Gas
  • Steam
  • Electricity
  • Tobacco products
  • Marijuana or marijuana products
  • Alcoholic beverages, and
  • Any single item whose price is more than $2,500.
I just checked and there will be no tax to buy a PS5 this weekend in MA.

I don't think it is meant to be slim. The model revision is so they can streamline the productions of the disc drive and disc less drive.
Yeah, it's been reported multiple times that the next version isn't a slim model. It will be a bit smaller because the motherboard is smaller now. The split cover plate allows for a disc drive to be attached without needing to remove the entire plate. They can ship a single console SKU and a separate disc drive accessory. Looks legit to me.

That PS5 "leak" looks like utter bullshit lol
Plenty of sources now with that exact depiction means it's real. What is likely going on here is the guts were moved around so that one 'tray' is removed for the memory slot and the second is able to open for a removable drive. This revision is to unify the models into one at $399, hence the sales all this week to clearance stock of outdated models. They're attempting to both push all digital on consumers and apply pressure on MS by coming in at $100 less for the base model.

It also continues the trend of 'fuck backwards compatible' for anyone that bought their system plates and wants the new revision. :roll:

Yeah, it's been reported multiple times that the next version isn't a slim model. It will be a bit smaller because the motherboard is smaller now. The split cover plate allows for a disc drive to be attached without needing to remove the entire plate. They can ship a single console SKU and a separate disc drive accessory. Looks legit to me.
Didn't see this, but exactly right. I hope Square announces more plans at TGS so I can decide whether I'm dumping the PS5 yet or not.

It also continues the trend of 'fuck backwards compatible' for anyone that bought their system plates and wants the new revision. :roll:
No idea why anyone would expect external plates for launch consoles to fit on this kind of revision. Every major console refresh comes with a completely different shape and size - i.e. the "Slim" concept we've been talking about since the PS2. This is nonsensical.

the "Slim" concept we've been talking about since the PS2.
Did you forget about the OG Slim?

a.jpg

No idea why anyone would expect external plates for launch consoles to fit on this kind of revision. Every major console refresh comes with a completely different shape and size - i.e. the "Slim" concept we've been talking about since the PS2. This is nonsensical.
Seriously, should switch owners expect a case or grip to fit the og, lite, and OLED models. That's the nature of it, if you want your plates keep the console they were designed for.

I'm calling out Sony specifically as 1st party to this since they were quick to take down 3rd parties that were first to market with the plates, only to then dump the form factor less than two years later. It's the timing that's bullshit, because we damn well know they knew back then what they were doing.

I'm calling out Sony specifically as 1st party to this since they were quick to take down 3rd parties that were first to market with the plates, only to then dump the form factor less than two years later. It's the timing that's bullshit, because we damn well know they knew back then what they were doing.
I don't really see the big deal because no one is making anyone not use the plates they bought for their current console and they aren't disappearing in a cloud of smoke all of a sudden. If you are compelled to migrate to the new model of console, then you are deciding that you don't want to use the plates.

Got nothing to do with anything. You buy plates for a certain console to use on that console; you don't plan for them to somehow fit the complete revision that later on comes out. That just doesn't work, never has.

You have a problem with them going after third-party plates (I did too, though it was their prerogative), that's a totally separate issue. Guess what: if you bought the third party plates, they ain't gonna fit on the "Slim" either..!

PS5/PS4 Cursed to Golf
PS5/PS4 Destiny 2: The Witch Queen

PS5/PS4 Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed

PS4/PSVR Dreams
PS5/PS4 Hotel Transylvania: Scary-Tale Adventures
PS5/PS4 Lost Judgment

PS5/PS4 Lawn Mowing Simulator: Landmark Edition - August 28
PS4 Midnight Fight Express
PS5/PS4 Moving Out 2

PS5/PS4 PJ Masks: Heroes of the Night
PS5/PS4 Sea of Stars - August 29

PS5/PS4 Source of Madness
PS5/PS4 Spellforce III Reforced
PS4 Two Point Hospital: Jumbo Edition

PlayStation Premium | Classics 
PS5/PS4 Ape Escape: On the Loose
PS5/PS4 MediEvil: Resurrection
PS5/PS4 Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice

Games leaving PS Plus in September

• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands – Standard Edition
  • Watch Dogs
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Death end re;Quest 2
  • Deathloop
  • Steep (Leaving 31st August)
  • Chicory: A Colorful Tale
  • Through the Darkest of Times
  • Nidhogg 2
https://www.truetrophies.com/n21448/playstation-plus-leaving

I thought Deathloop was very good and unique.  I'd recommend it, but I've also seen some negative feedback on it to, so probably not for everyone.

Cursed to Golf and Spellforce III Reforged look fun.

I'm surprised Moving Out got a sequel. That was a very frustrating and un-fun take on the Overcooked genre.  Physics-heavy Tetris elements with a physics engine that was totally out of whack.  Might try the sequel and see if they fixed all of that.

bread's done
Back