Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Playstation Portal had a lot of promise as a concept but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. If Playstation is your only ecosystem then there are some niche use cases but most people with $200 to spend on a handheld probably already have a Switch or Switch Lite.

The #1 advantage of the Switch is the ability to continue playing a game you started at home when you need to leave home. I am able to complete more games on the Switch due to this feature. Now the SteamDeck is the best option due to the more open way Valve handles save games with free cloud saves compared to Nintendo (not to mention that the Deck can emulate the Switch games).

All of the resources devoted to this would have been better spent on crafting a VITA successor. I know SONY is deathly afraid of their consoles/handhelds being jailbroken but that mentality ultimately costs them potential revenue by not creating things worth buying in the first place.

It’s like people forget the backbone retailed for $100. Don’t u wanna be able to use your phone while you’re gaming? Also it’s not like u have to buy it at launch. I bought my dualsense edge for $160 when I had a discount.

Playstation Portal had a lot of promise as a concept but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. If Playstation is your only ecosystem then there are some niche use cases but most people with $200 to spend on a handheld probably already have a Switch or Switch Lite.

The #1 advantage of the Switch is the ability to continue playing a game you started at home when you need to leave home. I am able to complete more games on the Switch due to this feature. Now the SteamDeck is the best option due to the more open way Valve handles save games with free cloud saves compared to Nintendo (not to mention that the Deck can emulate the Switch games).

All of the resources devoted to this would have been better spent on crafting a VITA successor. I know SONY is deathly afraid of their consoles/handhelds being jailbroken but that mentality ultimately costs them potential revenue by not creating things worth buying in the first place.
A Switch or Steam Deck also grants you access to an entire new catalog of games. This thing just feels like the most needless accessory ever.

$200 for a streaming screen that can only connect to a PS5. Not even a PS4. I can get a Switch for 1.5x that price, or a Steamdeck for twice, and both are standalone devices with larger libraries. Can I get some of what you’re smoking, Sony? I could use a pick me up.

And anybody seriously considering this thing at this price, please…

Nr9C.gif
Kindle Paperwhite is 60 dollars cheaper

No Bluetooth on the portal really rubs me the wrong way as they want to force you to buy the Sony earbuds.

A lost sale from me due to greed.

Summary of release dates and games that were announced the past few days:

The Big Con - August 31

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator on PS4 - September 5

Warstride Challenges - September 7

Eternights - September 12

AK-xolotl - September 14

Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery VR - September 14

The First Descendant Open Beta Test - September 19-25

Avatar: The Last Airbender Quest for Balance - September 22

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 - September 26

Train Sim World 4 - September 26

Sonic Frontiers "The Final Horizon" update - September 28

Phasmophobia delayed - October

Scorn - October 3

Hellboy: Web of Wyrd - October 4

Worldless - October 4

Sonic Superstars - October 17

The 7th Guest VR - October 19

The Gap - October 19

The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria - October 24

Ghostrunner II - October 26

Jusant - October 31

My Time at Sandrock delayed - November 2

RoboCop: Rogue City - November 2

The Invincible - November 6

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III - November 10

Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion - November 14

Naruto x Boruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections - November 17

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin - November 17

SteamWorld Build - December 1

Bulletstorm VR - December 14

Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster - 2023

Tekken 8 - January 26, 2024

Granblue Fantasy: Relink - February 1, 2024

Persona 3 Reload - February 2, 2024

Destiny 2: The Final Shape - February 27, 2024

Dustborn - Early 2024

Expeditions: A MudRunner Game - 2024

Little Nightmares III - 2024

Mandragora - 2024

Thank Goodness You're Here! - 2024

Killing Floor III announced for PS5

Stumble Guys is coming to PS5/PS4

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not consumer friendly imo. I have a pulse headset which I don’t use since I have an audeze headset but knowing that u can’t even use that with the portal is lame. U gotta have the earbuds(I’m interested in getting) or the elites to use with the portal through “PlayStation link” either way I’ll wait for a discount like I usually do and look at reviews first. I like Sony working with audeze though

I don’t get the no Bluetooth complaints, neither PS or Xbox offer any BT support and Nintendo only added it like 3 years in. It should be there but cmon, this is about selling accessories

As is Portal, if it works better than phone remote play like all previews are saying and if it’s 95% like the Wii U game pad in terms flawless connection, it will be well worth $199 because it is a lifestyle device that caters to your needs

I don’t get the no Bluetooth complaints, neither PS or Xbox offer any BT support and Nintendo only added it like 3 years in. It should be there but cmon, this is about selling accessories
Because of it's already niche nature. If part of the selling point is to play in bed or when kids/spouse are using the TV, it's harder to play in bed with your spouse sleeping when you can't use headphones, so that's a big "I guess I can't use it for that either" for something with few uses as it is.

Switch might not have had Bluetooth support for years, they at least had an audio jack.

Edit: I guess this thing has an audio jack too.

I'm streaming some of The Making of Karateka if you want to see this very cool documentary game about a classic PC game that influenced a lot of games that came after it.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's such a fun collection of Jordan's early game ideas and prototypes he made based on his love of Asteroids before getting the idea for a karate game that would become Karateka. Definitely worth checking out if you want to learn some gaming history. I'm excited to see what other games they can cover in this series.

I bought a used Dualsense Charging Station and it came with a PSP adapter. Turns out, it’s not strong enough to charge and there’s no way to buy just the adapter. :(

Guess I’ll buy a new one for $30 from GameStop with my $5 monthly coupon.

I bought a used Dualsense Charging Station and it came with a PSP adapter. Turns out, it’s not strong enough to charge and there’s no way to buy just the adapter. :(

Guess I’ll buy a new one for $30 from GameStop with my $5 monthly coupon.
If you’re just looking for a PSP charging cable, I have a couple of third party cables from Amazon with USB-A on one side and both USB-mini (the USB port on top of the PSP) and the PSP’s DC-in plug on the other, they work great.

If you’re just looking for a PSP charging cable, I have a couple of third party cables from Amazon with USB-A on one side and both USB-mini (the USB port on top of the PSP) and the PSP’s DC-in plug on the other, they work great.
Thank you. Seems the issue is the PSP adapter they gave me (instead of the proper adapter) has different voltage and amperage values from what the charging station needs.

PlayStation Plus prices going up.

12-months:

Essential - $79.99
Extra - $134.99
Premium - $159.99

Good thing I stick to free to play games if I want online. Greedy buggers.

The subscription increase is kind of annoying but not unexpected with almost every service raising pricing this year.

I decided to just stack another year of Extra to my account so I'm good until 2025.

I knew I should have stacked two years of extra during the sale over the summer.

Really enjoying Sea of Stars on Extra.

12-months:

Essential - $79.99
Extra - $134.99
Premium - $159.99

This is 4 the Players

Play Has No Limits... unless you're poor, then get out.

I had stacked 2 years of Essential so im good until Aug 2025.

Don't think it's a coincidence that the price hike happened as soon as Xbox dropped Gold/GWG. Just proof that competition in this space is a good thing.

I let mine expire about a year ago and have not once missed it. Before I let it expire I was like you and really had no reason to use it that often.
I did let mine expire as well for a few month but then I got word of winathon tournaments coming back which how I won a ps5 to begin with. So that's how I ended up with a sub again but at a discount price of $40/$45 I believe. Sad thing is I never really participated and dont even play anything online but f2p games which doesn't need ps+ and dont care for the "free games". Overall getting it at a discount price is beneficial. Did get to play some games via ps+ like hot wheel which is actually fun after only getting on it for the ps rewards. Extra discount, not having to worry about game saves with the cloud. When sf6 and mk1 get a good deal I'll be back to playing fighting games online and ps+ would be needed. I say they should have a barebones plan certain amount of hrs a month of online, no ps+ games for $10 a year.

Hail corporate greed under the guise of "inflation"

I fully expect M$ and Nintendo will follow suit as well

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
M$ did first but this gives them room to do it again for sure. Nothing from Nintendo yet, I'd expect it to happen in October if they do it given that's when they launched the Expansion Pass originally.

12-months:

Essential - $79.99
Extra - $134.99
Premium - $159.99

Lol, so their strategy was to price hike 33% BEFORE adding day one first party titles to the services? They've not done nearly enough to provide any value for the increase.

bread's done
Back