Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Early Spider-Man 2 reviews are coming back looking good.  Not too surprising considering how good Insomniac did with the first game, as well as Miles Morales.  

Early Spider-Man 2 reviews are coming back looking good. Not too surprising considering how good Insomniac did with the first game, as well as Miles Morales.
I'm on full blackout on spider man 2, not watching trailers or reading reviews. I imagine gameplay will be more of the same and the story will be great. Pretty excited for Friday!

Early Spider-Man 2 reviews are coming back looking good. Not too surprising considering how good Insomniac did with the first game, as well as Miles Morales.
Yeah, I'm excited. I pre-ordered and pre-loaded it over the weekend. I've been trying to avoid spoilers as well, but I did watch the trailer. It looks fantastic.

Super Mario Wonder gets priority for me as the game I play first but I'm super excited for Spider-Man 2. Great month of games.
Super Mario Wonder looks great too! I would need to try and get my GF off of our Switch to be able to play it though, and she's still playing through Zelda.

Super Mario Wonder looks great too! I would need to try and get my GF off of our Switch to be able to play it though, and she's still playing through Zelda.
If you’re buying consoles together, it might be time to level up your relationship status… 😃

Alright PS people.  I finally played and finished Uncharted 4 on the PS5.  Despite some slow periods, nearly falling to my death one too many times, and pushing around more crates than I would like, that is just an excellent game.  Naughty Dog has some great story-tellers in their ranks and provides some of the best cinematic experiences I've ever encountered in movies or gaming.  Next up is either Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima or Lost Legacy.  Open to suggestions as well

Alright PS people. I finally played and finished Uncharted 4 on the PS5. Despite some slow periods, nearly falling to my death one too many times, and pushing around more crates than I would like, that is just an excellent game. Naughty Dog has some great story-tellers in their ranks and provides some of the best cinematic experiences I've ever encountered in movies or gaming. Next up is either Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima or Lost Legacy. Open to suggestions as well
If you're already in Uncharted world, Lost Legacy is a good one to move to.

I would highly recommend Ghost of Tsushima as well. I need to go back and finish that up and dive into the DC content.

Alright PS people. I finally played and finished Uncharted 4 on the PS5. Despite some slow periods, nearly falling to my death one too many times, and pushing around more crates than I would like, that is just an excellent game. Naughty Dog has some great story-tellers in their ranks and provides some of the best cinematic experiences I've ever encountered in movies or gaming. Next up is either Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima or Lost Legacy. Open to suggestions as well
I just played Ghost of Tsushima a couple months ago. It is amazing. I haven't played Death Stranding yet and I think I only made it through Uncharted 1 and 2.

Lost Legacy is my favorite UC game but since you just finished 4 I would take a break in that world and do Ghost of Tsushima.

Wild Guns was really fun SNES game and I'm sure this version is fine too. Pretty short too, so I'd prioritize playing it if you like a fun action game. 

I'll check out Momodora. HLTB says it's like a 5 hour game. I still haven't fixed my X button though. I need to blow into the speaker hole every 2 minutes or so to get my X button working. I really don't want to have to open up my dualsense. I do have an extra blue one so I will probably just start using that. Sucks that the controller might be broken.

Ghost of Tsushima was my 2nd favorite PS4 exclusive behind Bloodborne. So that is my pick.

Ghost of T was a great game, really enjoyed it on PS5.  I actually liked Death Stranding a lot more than I expected, but between those two open world type games, I would suggest Ghost of T first.

Not sure about you, but I have to space those types of games out quite a bit.  I can't play two of those back to back.

The PS+ game catalog lineup is live:

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium Game Catalog
PS4 Alien: Isolation
PS5/PS4 The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
PS4 Dead Island Definitive Edition
PS5/PS4 Disco Elysium – The Final Cut
PS5/PS4 Eldest Souls
PS4 Elite Dangerous
PS5/PS4 FAR: Changing Tides
PS5 Gotham Knights
PS5/PS4 Gungrave G.O.R.E.
PS4 Outlast 2
PS5/PS4 Röki

PlayStation Premium Classics
PS5/PS4 Ape Escape Academy
PS5/PS4 IQ Final
PS5/PS4 Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
PS5/PS4 Tekken 6

Free DLC

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

Looking forward to House of Ashes.  Enjoyed my 2 playthroughs of The Quarry before it left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone kept track of how long games usually stay on PS Plus premium? Are we expecting first party titles to be there permanently now? I've seen some third-party titles leave in as little as 3 months but others have been on there much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone kept track of how long games usually stay on PS Plus premium? Are we expecting first party titles to be there permanently now? I've seen some third-party titles leave in as little as 3 months but others have been on there much longer.
Spider-Man literally was just removed from PS Plus service before the release of Spider-Man 2 and that's a 1st party game. So no, there's no guarantee that 1st party games will remain in the subscription permanently. Seems a little sus if you ask me.

Some more high profile games like GTA for example cost more to get into the service but for most games, expect them to remain in the service for about one year.

I watched Spiderverse 2 on the flight home from PRGE. Had a nice little nod to the Insomniac Spiderman. Looking forward to playing the new game Friday. 

Spider-Man literally was just removed from PS Plus service before the release of Spider-Man 2 and that's a 1st party game. So no, there's no guarantee that 1st party games will remain in the subscription permanently. Seems a little sus if you ask me.

Some more high profile games like GTA for example cost more to get into the service but for most games, expect them to remain in the service for about one year.
Lame. That's just another argument for Game Pass being the superior service. I really hope Sony starts to realize their first party games need to stay on the service when they do get added. I highly doubt they will ever be there day one and stay like GP but at the very least, keep the games permanent after they hit the service. I am still waiting for Ragnorak which I am hoping comes out in the next couple of months.

Is there some reason this exists (besides to make money)? I didn't realize they released special edition Wheaties boxes at all, but a video game tie in seems even more odd.

I wonder what the exclusive Playstation Stars collectible is.
I think there are some wheaties box collectors who try to grab all the rare, limited print of wheaties like older Olympic boxes etc.
- the $70 boxes already sold out (only 500) and came with a comic book + acrylic cases for the boxes
- the $45 still seams available

Good question on the collectible.

Free Spiderman cover from GameStop

attachicon.gif
IMG_6559.jpeg
Instantly massive improvement over the original design.

So I struck out on getting a Spider-Man PS5 console that Best Buy had held back for their app users today. I believe tomorrow is the last day to register a new PS5 on PSN to get a free game. Bite the bullet now for a regular console? Wait for inevitable Black Friday Deal? Wait for the slim model?

So I struck out on getting a Spider-Man PS5 console that Best Buy had held back for their app users today. I believe tomorrow is the last day to register a new PS5 on PSN to get a free game. Bite the bullet now for a regular console? Wait for inevitable Black Friday Deal? Wait for the slim model?
All of those free game options will be heavily discounted over black friday so if that's the only motivation I would personally just wait and get the slim (it does have 1tb storage vs 825gb on the current model), or hope to find a deal on the standard as they go away.

In case anybody got a pulse 3d from dell recently, be on the lookout for your $50 gift card in your email. Placed an order on 10/10 and was delivered 10/12. They said it would take up to 20 days, but I got it today. Expires Jan 17

bread's done
Back