Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I wonder if you hit the upgrade cap will it be 30% off. That would make it $105 instead of $150. I upgraded before the price hike because I didn't know how it would affect upgrade pricing. But if this ends up being the case, I should have waited. I had stocked 15yrs before upgrading to get a good solid value.

While I was playing Spiderman 2 I was kind of wishing I had a PS Portal so I could keep thing going when I retired to my bedroom. Fast forward two weeks and that game has been platinumed and uninstalled. I find myself back to my original line of thought, which was the Portal is too expensive and not for me

Any current or upcoming Black Friday deals on physical PSN cards? Found some on digital codes but wanted the physical for stocking stuffers.
Highly discourage physical gift cards due to rampant theft of codes that come up empty for the recipient.

Target has:
$15 Target
GiftCard with $100
PlayStation gift card purchase

Last edited by a moderator:
List of games coming to PS Plus for the month of November. Good thing Sony raised the price of their subscription service so they can bring us all these quality bangers!

PlayStation Premium i Extra

Teardown | PS5
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen | PS4
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme vs. Maxi Boost On | PS4
Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition | PS4
Superliminal | PS4, PS5
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising | PS4, PS5
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi | PS4
Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz | PS4
River City Melee Mach!! | PS4

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Grandia | PS4, PS5
Jet Moto | PS4, PS5
Up | PS4, PS5
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series | PS4/PS5
PaRappa the Rapper 2 | PS4

I almost went for the 30% discount for the Premium level (my membership up Nov 22md) and then relaized the only game I want to play from  "back in the day" is PAIN.  So regular memerbship for me.

And I don't know...kind of on the fence with the portal (same fence with the Steam Deck OLED (I already have a regular steam deck))

There are ratings in the PS Store again?

I just noticed that but I don't recall seeing any rating last week when I bought something

Any current or upcoming Black Friday deals on physical PSN cards? Found some on digital codes but wanted the physical for stocking stuffers.
Walmart+ is 10% off right now 10% for regular members on the 22nd.

Anyone know if you can buy PSN credit with a Walmart Gift Card. I know you can't do Amazon and Bestbuy anymore.

Walmart+ is 10% off right now 10% for regular members on the 22nd.

Anyone know if you can buy PSN credit with a Walmart Gift Card. I know you can't do Amazon and Bestbuy anymore.
Best Buy and Amazon let you use gift cards for digital currency. Just did not too long ago. Only think you can't use on digital currency are their rewards certificates.

I just bought some about a week or so ago with no issues.

Buddy of mine just tried and said he can’t anymore. They JUST change this? So fucking stupid if so.

Best Buy and Amazon let you use gift cards for digital currency. Just did not too long ago. Only think you can't use on digital currency are their rewards certificates.

I just bought some about a week or so ago with no issues.

Buddy of mine just tried and said he can’t anymore. They JUST change this? So fucking stupid if so.
Ya Amazon changed a couple of weeks ago alongside Best buy. Target did something similar weeks ago and GameStop will in December. Curious if Walmart followed the same path.

This beauty just arrived!
attachicon.gif
PXL_20231115_225656280.jpg
How's it working? I watched a video of someone playing Horizon 2 and it was not perfect, but someone else I talked to said your network just needs to git gud. Mine is coming from GS so I am curious.

For what it’s worth I’m loving my PS Portal. Granted, I haven’t tried any online multiplayer (probably won’t) but for single player games it is excellent. I played Spider-Man Remastered for 3 hours yesterday with no noticeable lag or any issues.

Here’s a tip for everyone: if you have a 120hz tv, disable that feature on your ps5 while using the portal. That seems to be the cause of problems for some people.

If anybody got their Portal and doesn't like/want it, let me know. I missed preorders and want Dad gaming on the couch while my 6 year old watches the same 3 episodes of Pokémon on repeat lol

Dell has the PSVR2 Horizon bundle for $100 off right now. Combine that with some Dell rewards if you have them. Rakuten has 5% cash back right now.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/sony-entertainment-playstation-vr2-horizon-call-of-the-mountain-bundle/apd/ac590371/gaming-gaming-accessories

They also have at least black and white Dualsense for $50 each. Didn’t notice other colors, but likely on sale as well
I posted this in the PSVR deals thread yesterday. Not many people look at that thread though. I am curious if other places will match or beat Dell.

Dell has the PSVR2 Horizon bundle for $100 off right now. Combine that with some Dell rewards if you have them. Rakuten has 5% cash back right now.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/sony-entertainment-playstation-vr2-horizon-call-of-the-mountain-bundle/apd/ac590371/gaming-gaming-accessories

They also have at least black and white Dualsense for $50 each. Didn’t notice other colors, but likely on sale as well
There's also a Chase credit card offer to get 5% cashback on Dell purchases. Some Amex cardholders got $120 off $600, $120 off $800, and $40 off $200 offers.

Okay to confirm store gift cards that can buy PSN info below.

Walmart lets you buy PSN credit. Did so today.

Gamestop is stopping soon

Target and Bestbuy has stopped it sadly.

Okay to confirm store gift cards that can buy PSN info below.

Walmart lets you buy PSN credit. Did so today.

Gamestop is stopping soon

Target and Bestbuy has stopped it sadly.
I wonder if that's a regional thing then. I tried a week or two ago to buy PSN credit with Walmart credit and my order was cancelled.

How's it working? I watched a video of someone playing Horizon 2 and it was not perfect, but someone else I talked to said your network just needs to git gud. Mine is coming from GS so I am curious.
It has been working perfectly for me, but I have 940mbps internet and not a huge house so I probably have a good environment for it. Watching Thursday night football and gaming with this is a dream. I have a steam deck and have been using Chiaki for PS5 remote play and had a ton of issues. Constant audio pops and visual issues. I read a bunch of tips to get it working and once I finally got it dialed in and working perfectly, without changing any settings it would be a mess the next time I played. But messing around with the steam deck for remote play made me realize just how much I would use the portal if it worked correctly. It's going to be great for watching sports and in bed, much like the switch but I can play all the Playstation exclusives now and not get inferior switch versions of games to play in handheld.

FF16 a buy for 35? Do we expect it to drop like other square games or stay high like all the Sony first party exclusives

FF16 a buy for 35? Do we expect it to drop like other square games or stay high like all the Sony first party exclusives
It's not on PSN for $35. It's $42. Are you including discounted credit from somewhere?
That’s a good price. I’m trying to see if GameFly will have it cheaper, but I’m not sure when their sales run.
I would just get it from PSN if you don't mind digital, or new if it's going to be around that price elsewhere. The game only sold 3 million copies, which is respectable, but it's clear that the popularity of the franchise has waned while the development costs are higher than ever. Meanwhile, Persona 3 Reload is also going to be $70 while being much cheaper to develop, launch on Game Pass, and chip away at FF's dominant position in the genre.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/deals/black-friday/

PS+ deals are live. 30% for 12 months of Premium, 25% off Extra, and 20% off Essential.
I don't see the discount on adding a year to my existing PS+ Extra, the only discount I see as a current subscriber is 30% off if I upgrade my current sub to PS+ Premium. If that's the case going forward, that's very discouraging. While I enjoy Extra, I'm probably out at $135/year.

bread's done
Back