Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Just in case anybody else suffers through the same frustration: Disgaea 7 doesn't appear to automatically download/claim the DLC when you purchase the season pass. You have to go to each individual piece of DLC in the pass in the PS Store, and it'll look like it's trying to charge you for it.

That's the PS4 version's DLC. You have to click the item drop-down, select the OTHER item, and that will come up free. Then you can 'purchase' the DLC. Rinse, lather, repeat for the rest of the chapters.

Only PS4/5 game with a season pass that hasn't just automatically sorted its shit out without my intervention.
I've bought a looooooot of Season Passes and practically all of them work this way. You purchase the pass then the contents become available to "purchase" for free. Honestly, I can't think of a single game since the start of the PS4 that doesn't work this way. Although, choosing this "other" item from a drop down definitely sounds new to me.

I got the platinum for Spider-Man 2 over the weekend, and got the email from Sony about it.  The email is pretty bad, it supposedly lists things you did, but they are just things that were required for trophies in the game.  You cleared all the districts in the city!  The only thing that was specific was you did it faster than x% of players. 

The game was awesome, even with the few bugs I ran into.

Bought the Nextorage 4TB NVMe with heatsink from Amazon for $200.  Going to put it in my PS5 and reuse the 2TB drive in a PC.

Do I need 4TB in my PS5?  No, but I like having excessive amounts of storage.

I've bought a looooooot of Season Passes and practically all of them work this way. You purchase the pass then the contents become available to "purchase" for free. Honestly, I can't think of a single game since the start of the PS4 that doesn't work this way. Although, choosing this "other" item from a drop down definitely sounds new to me.
Every pass I've bought or redeemed up to now, after purchase it shows me a screen with the included items and asks me what I want to download, or shows them as redeemable within the game. I've never had to jump through extra hoops before the game can even see the entitlement. 🤷‍♂️

I tested out the PS Portal today with EA FC 24 Online PRO Clubs. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the experience. There was an occasional lag with the network (not sure if it was my internet connection or the device to blame) but the game was playable. I think I will end up keeping it for grinding out levels on Pro Clubs (you get skill points to boost your player's attributes the more you play essentially) when I want to watch sports on the TV. The 1080p LCD screen is more than sufficient for these types of use cases imo and the device is as comfortable to hold as the Dualsense. Once I find a suitable screen protector and carrying bag/case then I will test it out while traveling. 

I got the platinum for Spider-Man 2 over the weekend, and got the email from Sony about it. The email is pretty bad, it supposedly lists things you did, but they are just things that were required for trophies in the game. You cleared all the districts in the city! The only thing that was specific was you did it faster than x% of players.

The game was awesome, even with the few bugs I ran into.
I didn't even know they sent out an email when you platinumed Spider-Man 2, so I checked and yeah, I got one too. It's as bad as you say though, and there's even a typo in one of the achievements ("Symbiotic suits you" instead of I guess "Symbiotic suits and you). Too bad there isn't an avatar reward for getting the platinum, like the previous game.

Once these are being clearanced out at closer to $100 is when I will pick one up.
Yeah, I'm interested in it, but not $200 interested. But I don't want to make the same mistake I did by sleeping on the PS TV (damn thing was clearanced like $20 at one point and I never got it), so I'll be keeping an eye out for big price drops.

Don't know if you guys know, since I haven't seen Wario or CAG Twitter report on this, but Playstation Network Cards are on sale at Dollar General and Family Dollar this week.

Dollar General has 20% off multicard packs (like those packs of three cards.)  None of the Dollar Generals in my local area even had a placeholder for these, so good luck finding them.

Family Dollar has 15% off on regular $25 and $50 cards.  I stopped on the way home and picked up some $50 ones, so these seem pretty easy to find.

Don't know if you guys know, since I haven't seen Wario or CAG Twitter report on this, but Playstation Network Cards are on sale at Dollar General and Family Dollar this week.

Dollar General has 20% off multicard packs (like those packs of three cards.) None of the Dollar Generals in my local area even had a placeholder for these, so good luck finding them.

Family Dollar has 15% off on regular $25 and $50 cards. I stopped on the way home and picked up some $50 ones, so these seem pretty easy to find.
There are rumblings that Costco will have its 20% off sale on Cyber Monday, too.

Geez.  Went to renew my PS+ like I do every year during the BF sale.  Good lord that's a lot of money!  I know in the big picture, it's a great deal, considering its a little over two full price games, but seeing triple digits for the price makes me take a hard pause.

Yeah, I'm interested in it, but not $200 interested. But I don't want to make the same mistake I did by sleeping on the PS TV (damn thing was clearanced like $20 at one point and I never got it), so I'll be keeping an eye out for big price drops.
I got 2 of the Lego Movie PSTV+Dualshock 3 bundles at Walmart for $20 each. I stupidly sold one of them for ~$80 right before the jailbreak was released. Pretty neat little device (I have 2 of them hacked).

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez. Went to renew my PS+ like I do every year during the BF sale. Good lord that's a lot of money! I know in the big picture, it's a great deal, considering its a little over two full price games, but seeing triple digits for the price makes me take a hard pause.
Putting online game access behind a paywall is never a great deal. Unless you use it all the time, it seems like a waste of money.

Putting online game access behind a paywall is never a great deal. Unless you use it all the time, it seems like a waste of money.
Yep. You guys get 1.

That's the one thing these companies fail to realize: they are forcing us to choose one service. They may not actually like that outcome, especially when one of them falters.

More importantly, you don't want to be overly invested, or pot committed, in any single one of these console ecosystems any longer. Once you turn the faucet off, it's over. Your access and your save files are done.

They are pigeonholing us into forcing us to choose and it's not going to go well for anyone, especially not the console makers. We're not all suddenly going to have 2 1/2 online access accounts for video games. That many Prime memberships. Just to connect to the servers; before any GAAS memberships.

You'd think that Netflix's fall from grace would have taught these companies a few lessons but apparently not. Everybody thinks they get to be the king of service. and we're choosing from 30 different ones. If you want to go down that road then sorry bro; people are going to choose Amazon Prime, Costco, and their TV and movies service first. You aren't Amazon. You are non-essential.

Everyone (outside of Xbox GPU players of course) plays their one main game now and doing so costs more than ever. They're fooling people with T-Mobile style "the new iphone 15 is ON US"; you simply pay premium amounts in installments. It's not going to last. Customers figure it out eventually. They're paying more than ever, TO OWN LESS.

The ones doing polished, finished complete game experiences are always going to win out in the end. Core gamers are the kingmakers.

The price increase and paywall are especially strange in the current state of the industry since both Xbox and PlayStation don't require subscriptions to play online games that are free to play or have their own cost. Fortnite, Apex, and FFXIV can all go online without PS Plus.

On a related note, I did upgrade to premium because it was only $25 for the remaining 530 days on my subscription. The movie offerings our release shoe horned in, they require creating a new account (which is automated) and don't link directly into the PS store the way I was expecting. When you get into the titles, there is no way to sort alphabetically, and if you select one to see more about it, when you go back to the list it sends you back to the top no matter how far down you were.

Also, I don't think it has 4K support, which is just another strike against it. Definitely not something that can justify the price increase yet.

You'd think that Netflix's fall from grace would have taught these companies a few lessons but apparently not. Everybody thinks they get to be the king of service. and we're choosing from 30 different ones. If you want to go down that road then sorry bro; people are going to choose Amazon Prime, Costco, and their TV and movies service first. You aren't Amazon. You are non-essential.
Netflix had a very minor stumble in subscription loss last year that people and even big hedge fund manager, Bill Ackman, overreacted on. Netflix loss less than .5%, about 1 million, of their total subscribers during that time but has since added over 27 million paid subscribers to their subscribers numbers.

Netflix is on top of their game while other streaming services are struggling to keep up with them. People always talk about cancelling their Netflix service all the time but it just keeps growing. It's kind of like that user that comes around to threaten that he is going to sell his PS5 for about 3 years but still has it.

I also cancelled Netflix. Will probably re sub once or twice a year, but the constant price increases and lack of sharing was enough to make me cancel. I think I was a subscriber for 10 years which is crazy.

Netflix had a very minor stumble in subscription loss last year that people and even big hedge fund manager, Bill Ackman, overreacted on. Netflix loss less than .5%, about 1 million, of their total subscribers during that time but has since added over 27 million paid subscribers to their subscribers numbers.

Netflix is on top of their game while other streaming services are struggling to keep up with them. People always talk about cancelling their Netflix service all the time but it just keeps growing. It's kind of like that user that comes around to threaten that he is going to sell his PS5 for about 3 years but still has it.
Netflix is in financial hell. They've completely mortgaged their future and it's unsustainable. That's why you've seen two huge rounds of price increases recently. They cracked down on account sharing; that is a one-time, short term growth spurt.

Their subscribers are lazy people, yes. go figure

The programming is subpar. Lots of minority and fringe interest stuff. and now they've run into the problem of AI (job insecurity) and several months of striking. Including internal strife and employee rebellion over their content, and politics. Things are...not going well. You're replying directly in the face of band-aid solutions that have been implemented to bolster short term growth.

The tide has been pointing in one direction for quite some time. They've just been doing everything they can to stem that tide.

But I don't believe for a moment they only lost .5% of subscribers in the face of 20%+ price increases, or whatever it was, over the course of the last two years. That simply can't be true. Executives lie. They have a vested interest in keeping stock prices high. Subscribers pay less in other regions. Netflix requires tons of bank lending and funding to pay for past projects, let alone any future ones. They owe billions.

People are lazy about quitting their services, yes. Netflix more than anything. But things change. When prices on the Premium package 4K plan goes up from $15.99 in 2020 to $17.99 to $22.99 a couple years later.....at any point of those price increases they can simply declare that "Revenue has gone up 20% / 30%". To act like nobody quit the service is a blatant lie.

The books are being cooked my dude. Those subscriber counts are also worldwide, where Netflix is still expanding.

The bottom line is that current US subscribers are subsidizing the growth in other regions, while new (foreign) subscribers are getting discounts. Like in many other industries. consoles for instance.

I did cancel my Netflix. Mainly because of them getting rid of sharing.
I also cancelled Netflix. Will probably re sub once or twice a year, but the constant price increases and lack of sharing was enough to make me cancel. I think I was a subscriber for 10 years which is crazy.
wow what are the odds!? Each of you are 1 in 200 according to him. ;)

Add the couple other people I know who unsubbed too. While dozens others are mulling it over.

none of this was the point of my OP anyways~ The point is that customers are having to CHOOSE their limited, expensive service provider options now esp in video game ecosystems. The revenue pie isn't getting substantially bigger, but everyone from Nvidia to Microsoft is demanding incredibly larger slices.

All the other streaming services, but Netflix, is in financial hell. They've completely mortgaged their future and it's unsustainable.
Fixed that for you. Netflix has matured since their beginning. All the others are playing catchup and realizing that it takes a lot of capital to fund their streaming services.

Do not get me wrong, there are definitely some users that has cancelled, but their subscriber growth still has been going up even with the small amount of user cancellation. The data is there, people can choose to look at it or not.

I know Netflix is not your point, but I always like to discuss about Netflix when given the chance.

Another thing about subscription service is that eventually the price will be increased at some point. It sucks as consumers but that is why companies love them.

If you want Netflix just do the ads plan for like $8. Get like one ad a show for 30 seconds and you save $15

Also kids profiles don't get ads

Stuff is still 1080p, there's a small list of garbage you can't watch, and you can't download but that's not worth $15+ more to me

Hulu+Disney ad plans you can get right now for $3 a month for a year

Peacock with ads is $20 a year right now. That's less than one month of regular ass Netflix.

Ads suck but these are big savings

Or you could always just take that money and buy a good VPN for sailing the high seas ‍♀

Or you could always just take that money and buy a good VPN for sailing the high seas ‍♀
Wasn't one of the biggest draws of this whole thing no ads? I get where you're coming from, but I'd rather not have content if I am forced to watch ads again. Years of no cable/adblock/PiHole internet has trained me not to accept ads anymore.

One thing that the high seas covers that no service does is range of content. Not even considering what isn't available at all, needing 3+ services to stand a chance of having everything you want to watch should be a huge turnoff. YaRR matey gives you everything and more in one place.

If you want Netflix just do the ads plan for like $8. Get like one ad a show for 30 seconds and you save $15

Also kids profiles don't get ads

Stuff is still 1080p, there's a small list of garbage you can't watch, and you can't download but that's not worth $15+ more to me

Hulu+Disney ad plans you can get right now for $3 a month for a year

Peacock with ads is $20 a year right now. That's less than one month of regular ass Netflix.

I hate that streamers have gated off 4k on their highest tiers

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all are the stuffing to my gaming turkey...

Screw paywalls for peer to peer multiplayer.

Screw Netflix (I've been a subscriber since my PS3 needed a disc, which I still have); I cancelled them for my family this year.

And I hope you all find that hidden gem you're looking for at a price cheaper than you wanted to pay!

I have hulu and peacock ad plans and I don't get any on my pc with ublock.

Wasn't one of the biggest draws of this whole thing no ads? I get where you're coming from, but I'd rather not have content if I am forced to watch ads again. Years of no cable/adblock/PiHole internet has trained me not to accept ads anymore.

One thing that the high seas covers that no service does is range of content. Not even considering what isn't available at all, needing 3+ services to stand a chance of having everything you want to watch should be a huge turnoff. YaRR matey gives you everything and more in one place.

Is there really a 30% off ps plus or is it just for new members? I only see premium for $160, extra for 135 and $80 for essential

Nvm I let it expire and now I see the discount. 20% off for essential and 30% off for premium

Hulu had some BF sale for 1-year, ad-tier plan for $1 a month. I signed up and I watched the 1st ep of The Bear and jesus, I forgot how annoying ads could be when you're actually fully focused on a show. I still have cable for sports and as background noise and ads don't bother me, but when I stream something, it's because it's something I plan to pay full attention to (vs having a football/basketball game on or any shows that are repeats) and those 30-90 seconds of ads are like having a drill bore through my skull.

I might just pay for the ad-free tier just to finish two seasons of The Bear (first ep was pretty damn interesting!) and then cancel.

Hulu is definitely the worst with ads. Even though Disney Plus is owned by the same company, it's not even as bad as Hulu. Just watched an episode of a half hour show and it had 5 90 second ad breaks.

On Netflix we sometimes get 1-2 or sometimes none

Peacock gives the "please watch this as then enjoy the rest of the episode as free" which I like

Disney seems all over the place. Star Wars movie had like 3 minutes total and then we watched 5-6 episodes of Bluey with no ads.

I'm sure when Hulu and Disney end up on the same app they'll go more toward the Hulu structure and that'll suck

I went to Target this morning assuming I had no chance of getting the $350.00 PS5, but the place was a ghost town, so I got one pretty easily. I guess Black Friday riots aren't a thing anymore.

Hulu is definitely the worst with ads. Even though Disney Plus is owned by the same company, it's not even as bad as Hulu. Just watched an episode of a half hour show and it had 5 90 second ad breaks.

On Netflix we sometimes get 1-2 or sometimes none

Peacock gives the "please watch this as then enjoy the rest of the episode as free" which I like

Disney seems all over the place. Star Wars movie had like 3 minutes total and then we watched 5-6 episodes of Bluey with no ads.

I'm sure when Hulu and Disney end up on the same app they'll go more toward the Hulu structure and that'll suck
hulu and peacock occasionally had watch this longer ad after clicking the button to accept to get commercial free for the rest of the show. Unless they don't do that anymore? I switched to the no ads plan for hulu when I upgraded to the triple pack for a little bit till disney decided to hike the price by 11$ or something. Oh they charged me for 1 month of the expensive plan since I didn't click confirm x number of times when switching to just hulu stand alone.

I went to Target this morning assuming I had no chance of getting the $350.00 PS5, but the place was a ghost town, so I got one pretty easily. I guess Black Friday riots aren't a thing anymore.
That's a great deal! I remember buying a PS5 directly from Sony a while back when they were scarce and being happy to pay full retail price.

bread's done
Back