Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Are there any really good deals on the end of year deals that ends tomorrow at 11:59 PST? I see that Kayak VR Mirage is at it's lowest ever $16.09 and that's one of the games I want to get as a new PSVR2 owner so I will be getting that one. Any others to recommend? I see the new sale is happening but there are only a few PSVR2 games I think.

Holiday Sale is live (ends 1/18 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

New Lows

Highlights

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 is $11.21 at my local Wally. PS5 upgrade essentially makes it $11.21 for the PS5 version correct? No drawbacks? Been wanting to get into it since it’s apparently fixed and with that new DLC.

Shadowrun Trilogy was a nice addition. Gonna try out Returns first, but have a feeling it’ll just make me want to buy them on PC. I literally bought GTA V last weekend, at least I only paid $15.
Is it too much to ask of Sony to add some psvr1 or psvr2 games?
And encourage people to buy PSVR2 and keep their subscription active? Never.

i was considering jedi fallen order but i can just use the GS montly coupon and the pur discount to get the physical ps4 version for even cheaper than the psn sale price and get the free upgrade. then i flip the pa4 copy right back for $2.20 after i beat the game

Choo-Choo Charles is out now on PS5 and PS4 for $19.99, though there's no Cross Buy. It's a horror game about a train spider named Charles.

giphy.gif

9 tables for $14.99:

Includes:

Pinball FX Base Game

Universal Classics Pinball

Jaws Pinball
Back to the Future Pinball
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial Pinball

Williams Pinball Volume 7

Williams Pinball: Whirlwind™
Williams Pinball: The Machine: Bride of Pin·Bot™
Williams Pinball: Swords of Fury™

Free gift in this bundle: Secrets and Shadows Pack

Curse of the Mummy
Pinball Noir
Sky Pirates: Treasures of the Clouds

PS Backbone at Costco, free delivery with $25 psn card only $50.

Was just in store today and they were only $30. Refused to price adjust because the online store is a “different entity”. So I bought one in store for $30 and walked it straight over to the returns desk. A bit of a hassle that could have been avoided, but whatever. It was quite the deal

YOUR TOP 5 GAMES
Here are your big hitters of 2023.

1 The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
87 Hours Spent
31 Trophies Earned

40% Playtime Ratio
2Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen
67 43
31%

Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling
22%

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
4 9
1%

Minute Of Islands
YOUR GAMING STYLE
ROLE PLAYER

You spent 68% of your game time levelling up, completing fetch quests, and saving the world once again!
THIS YEAR YOU PLAYED
213 HOURS

Hey, that's a lot of great gaming!
You spent 100% of game time playing 6 games on your PlayStation 4
OBJECTION!
I also played atelier meruru on my ps3 and hyper devotion noire on my vita tv.
IN 2023 YOU EARNED
109 TROPHIES
Platinum
6 Gold
24 Silver
79 Bronze
Your trophy level increased 7 levels.
217-224
YOUR SOCIAL STYLE
LONE WOLF

Sometimes all you need is a single player game and some good snacks
ghost wolf ghost wolf ghost wolf

also missing atelier ryza 1 from the list.

Must be fun to circle-jerk. . .

I still can't understand how Chained Echoes was never given a chance to be a contender for indie when it wasn't eligible last year. Many have agreed it was superior to Sea of Stars, despite both being great. A shame really for the guy that made the whole game by himself.

Must be fun to circle-jerk. . .

I still can't understand how Chained Echoes was never given a chance to be a contender for indie when it wasn't eligible last year. Many have agreed it was superior to Sea of Stars, despite both being great. A shame really for the guy that made the whole game by himself.
Aren't these all based on user/fan votes? Doesn't surprise me why Spider Man 2 won everything if that's the case. I never even heard of Chained Echoes until I saw some people mentioned it here... so not too surprising a game like that gets overlooked. Haven't played it yet because I can't make myself pay that much for a digital game so waiting for a sale (or possibly a physical release outside of First Press Games, heard they suck harder than LRG).

Aren't these all based on user/fan votes? Doesn't surprise me why Spider Man 2 won everything if that's the case. I never even heard of Chained Echoes until I saw some people mentioned it here... so not too surprising a game like that gets overlooked. Haven't played it yet because I can't make myself pay that much for a digital game so waiting for a sale (or possibly a physical release outside of First Press Games, heard they suck harder than LRG).
Both have been on Game Pass day one so for that ecosystem they weren't overlooked. More pointing to the fact it never made it on the list to be voted on, which makes no sense.

I know it's Xmas and all but man, this thread has been super dead since the swtich to the new website.

I know it's Xmas and all but man, this thread has been super dead since the swtich to the new website.
Yeah, there are plenty of deals around... And they hit 50 million units sold for the PS5, but the site seems a great deal more focused on the Xbox of late.

Oh, well. We'll post here when we have things to add.

Yeah, there are plenty of deals around... And they hit 50 million units sold for the PS5, but the site seems a great deal more focused on the Xbox of late.

Herro. First time poking into the PS thread (I think). Didn't realize how "dead" this thread was compared to the Xbox thread. It's kind of funny because I think most of the Xbox gang already have Game Pass but we still talk about buying games to add to our backlog. :LOL:

Herro. First time poking into the PS thread (I think). Didn't realize how "dead" this thread was compared to the Xbox thread. It's kind of funny because I think most of the Xbox gang already have Game Pass but we still talk about buying games to add to our backlog. :LOL:
Also, the Xbox thread seems to cover a lot of VPN(travel)/CD Keys type purchases, where those don't really seem to exist on the PS side of things.

Also, the Xbox thread seems to cover a lot of VPN(travel)/CD Keys type purchases, where those don't really seem to exist on the PS side of things.
Xbox is basically the console side of Steam/Epic these days, but with Game Pass added. Valheim even had an early access period of sorts for their console port so I'm hoping that's a trend that continues, especially since it's possible Light No Fire is closer than expected with alpha starting next spring and Xbox looking to be the lead console platform.

Has nothing to do with the site change. The Xbox thread has ALWAYs been more active for as long as I've been here. You can either have a dead thread or one filled with off-topic posts. You can't have both. :ROFLMAO:

Sony released only one first party game this year. Aside from the free monthly PS+ games and monthly additions to PS Extra/Premium, there's simply really not much else to talk about. The Playstation ecosystem is also extremely locked down so there's not that many deals to be had which is probably one of the reasons why they are being sued.

Not to be a contrarian but rumors are that those 50 million units sold are really 50 million units shipped, not sold. It's probably closer to 25-30 million PS5s sold especially with Sony counting the Playstation Portal and PSVR2 as consoles further obfuscating those numbers. Xbox is close to ~25 million units sold especially with the recent sales of Series X going for $350 and Series S for $130 over the holidays, I expect the numbers between both platforms to be much closer now.

I’ll talk deals/recommendations. I have a bunch of games in my cart.
Pixel Ripped 1995 $11.99
Journey to Foundation $19.99
Puzzling Places $11.99
Shadow Legend $7.49
I Expect you to Die 2 $13.49
Swordsman VR $11.99

I think they are all all time lows. Foundation at 50% off already is both enticing and scary. It just came out. Not sure if I can bite on that one. Feedback is welcome

I’ll talk deals/recommendations. I have a bunch of games in my cart.
Pixel Ripped 1995 $11.99
Journey to Foundation $19.99
Puzzling Places $11.99
Shadow Legend $7.49
I Expect you to Die 2 $13.49
Swordsman VR $11.99

I think they are all all time lows. Foundation at 50% off already is both enticing and scary. It just came out. Not sure if I can bite on that one. Feedback is welcome
I grabbed Puzzling Places for that price and have been debating some of the DLC as there is a good bit that is 50% off. I could use some really chill games for a while.

I'll be watching for other people's recommendations on the others.

Has nothing to do with the site change. The Xbox thread has ALWAYs been more active for as long as I've been here. You can either have a dead thread or one filled with off-topic posts. You can't have both. :ROFLMAO:

Sony released only one first party game this year. Aside from the free monthly PS+ games and monthly additions to PS Extra/Premium, there's simply really not much else to talk about. The Playstation ecosystem is also extremely locked down so there's not that many deals to be had which is probably one of the reasons why they are being sued.

Not to be a contrarian but rumors are that those 50 million units sold are really 50 million units shipped, not sold. It's probably closer to 25-30 million PS5s sold especially with Sony counting the Playstation Portal and PSVR2 as consoles further obfuscating those numbers. Xbox is close to ~25 million units sold especially with the recent sales of Series X going for $350 and Series S for $130 over the holidays, I expect the numbers between both platforms to be much closer now.
several non sony affiliated financial websites have reported the sales figures of consoles are 3 to 1 in favor of sony. also, several sources report that 50million number as sold through. and just lol at portal and psvr 2 being included in those numbers, just keep spreading those rumors.

That guy said he's not interested in fanboy wars, but he is always going on about how Xbox is better than PS in the Xbox thread. It is just laughable that he thinks VR2 and Portal count towards PS5 systems sold. He also predicts that Xbox will be the dominant platform by the end of this generation, which is just 5 years from now, but Series X and S units sold were only 21 million combined before the start of the summer, according to official Xbox Brazil branch. You can't make this up.

I bought these so far:

FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered $7.99
FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster $9.99
Mass Effect Legendary Edition $5.99
Resonance of Fate 4K/HD Edition $19.24
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered + Valkyria Chronicles 4 Bundle $9.99
Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC Bundle (Add-On Content) $4.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition $14.99

I might pick these up before the sale end:

Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition $63.99
Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition $53.49
Final Fantasy IX Digital Edition $8.39
Persona 3 Portable $11.99
Persona 4 Golden $11.99
The Yakuza Remastered Collection $11.99
Star Renegades $6.12

Some of these games I have already owned physically but going forward I am most likely going to buy digital games except for RPG games.

I bought these so far:

FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered $7.99
FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster $9.99
Mass Effect Legendary Edition $5.99
Resonance of Fate 4K/HD Edition $19.24
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered + Valkyria Chronicles 4 Bundle $9.99
Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC Bundle (Add-On Content) $4.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition $14.99

I might pick these up before the sale end:

Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition $63.99
Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition $53.49
Final Fantasy IX Digital Edition $8.39
Persona 3 Portable $11.99
Persona 4 Golden $11.99
The Yakuza Remastered Collection $11.99
Star Renegades $6.12

Some of these games I have already owned physically but going forward I am most likely going to buy digital games except for RPG games.
I'm in a similar boat to you. I have a bunch of these in physical format already but end up grabbing some of them digitally just for the convenience factor.

Some pretty good deals for those in terms of amount of hours of gameplay per dollar spent.

Is the FFVII intermission DLC on sale (if you're qualified to buy it) or only the FFVII+DLC for $15.19?
The DLC is $14.99 on it's own.

I just played through it recently and while it was entertaining, it was pretty short.

Still debating the Intergrade/Rebirth bundle for $69 digitally even though I already own Intergrade...

I was finally able to take my dualshock 4 that won't charge or turn on despite troubleshooting all I could with my PS5 and every suggestion online(wouldn't even charge plugging into an outlet) over to a friends that has a PS4. Well, I was able to get it to charge through the console itself but it would not turn on. I figure that maybe I can wait for it to completely charge and then try it but I think that maybe the PSN button is broken. I might just have to buy a new DS4 if I can't fix the PSN button if that is indeed why it won't connect to my PS5 or my friends PS4. Sucks because I really like this blue one and there would be no reason for it to just stop working. I still have no idea why it would only charged plugged into a PS4 but at least I know it's not the battery.

bread's done
Back