Playstation Network Summer Sale. (Expires 8-9-2010)

Rouzhokuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
-PS3

Fat Princess – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
PixelJunk Shooter – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Groovin’ Blocks – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Madden NFL Arcade – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
Wakeboarding HD – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.

-PSP

The Eye of Judgment Legends – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
echoshift – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
Patchwork Heroes – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
Lunar Silver Star Harmony – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.

-minis

Tetris – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Dracula Undead Awakenings – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Monsters Probably Stole My Princess – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Zombie Tycoon – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Bloons – $1.49 sale; $2.99 reg.

Expires Monday, August 9, 2010.

Put those discounted PSN cards to work!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...t-princess-pixeljunk-chinatown-wars-and-more/

[quote name='sotc1988']Is Pixeljunk shooter worth it? I was disappointed by Eden.[/QUOTE]

theres a demo for it on psn.

[quote name='AwRy108']Wow. Even though I feel stupid for responding to your post, I believe it's my duty to stick up for all the great games on PSN.

I think you need to open your eyes and/or get a clue. Have you tried any of the PixelJunk games? How about Flower? Super Stardust HD? Everyday Shooter? Fat Princess? I could go on and on.

And if you have $20 to spend, why only look at exclusives? PSN and XBLA share many of the same great games. Or what about all the great PSOne games (Crash, Spyro, Syphon Filter, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, etc.).

Ya' know what? Nevermind. As a proud PS3 owner, I'd prefer you just stick to your 360.

*JEESH*[/QUOTE]

He has a point. The XBLA lineup in the last two years has been vastly superior to the PSN lineup when you compare exclusives. Also some great digital games are either long delayed coming to PSN, or some never come at all (Castle Crashers.)

There's also the fact that almost every single week (except maybe around Christmas) you are guaranteed at least 1 XBLA game and many weeks 2, while there is no such guarantee on PSN. Even IGN's Podcast Beyond last week noted the lineup on XBLA is better and more frequent than PSN, and they are some of the biggest Sony diehards in the podcast-o-sphere.

I've been in the same boat. I've had almost $15 sitting in my PSN wallet from a card I redeemed in March, and I'm just now using it up spending it on TV shows from the store to catch up on episodes of shows I like that have been pulled from Hulu since the TV season ended in May (had to buy 3 of the last 5 Chuck episodes for example.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']He has a point. The XBLA lineup in the last two years has been vastly superior to the PSN lineup when you compare exclusives. Also some great digital games are either long delayed coming to PSN, or some never come at all (Castle Crashers.)

There's also the fact that almost every single week (except maybe around Christmas) you are guaranteed at least 1 XBLA game and many weeks 2, while there is no such guarantee on PSN. Even IGN's Podcast Beyond last week noted the lineup on XBLA is better and more frequent than PSN, and they are some of the biggest Sony diehards in the podcast-o-sphere.

I've been in the same boat. I've had almost $15 sitting in my PSN wallet from a card I redeemed in March, and I'm just now using it up spending it on TV shows from the store to catch up on episodes of shows I like that have been pulled from Hulu since the TV season ended in May (had to buy 3 of the last 5 Chuck episodes for example.)[/QUOTE]

thats what im saying not hating, just a little criticism, because i want to support ps3 but ,come on, they either don't release anything or they push back everything thats good forever. God i dont know how long i had to wait for killzone 2, damn thing was announced before the release of the console.

I'm new to playstation network. what is a "mini"(Like tetris)? Will it play on ps3 or psp?

[quote name='GoVols']I'm new to playstation network. what is a "mini"(Like tetris)? Will it play on ps3 or psp?[/QUOTE]
its a very small game, pretty much just fun like a old school arcade game meant for score not really a full game...no story just jump in and play ...but be careful some don't play on ps3 some are strictly psp.

[quote name='GoVols']I'm new to playstation network. what is a "mini"(Like tetris)? Will it play on ps3 or psp?[/QUOTE]

they play on both the ps3 and psp. theyre basically cheap games of varying length.

When do these prices go into effect? I just looked at Pixeljunk Shooter and Fat Princess on PSN and they're still listed at their regular price (9.99/14.99)

[quote name='luminaria']When do these prices go into effect? I just looked at Pixeljunk Shooter and Fat Princess on PSN and they're still listed at their regular price (9.99/14.99)[/QUOTE]
probably tom...Tuesdays are their updates

[quote name='chuycobo']All the games are showing up as full price to me and a friend. Does the sale not start until later today?[/QUOTE]

The sale starts 8/3 and odds are it won't show up until the PSN store updates for the day, so it could be very late in the day.

The only thing that is keeping me from getting fat princess is the fact that team based games like this are hard to pull off with the mic-less psn community. I remember the reviews for the initial release weren't too kind but maybe they've updated it since then to fix the problems?

[quote name='arrrggghhh']I had the biggest problem adding a credit card to psn, and now that it has expired, it won't let me add another! I know I am putting in the correct address, and it keeps telling me it's wrong!?! Has anyone found a fix for this? This was years ago, I thought they would have fixed this by now! By the way, I am not just some retard who is entering my address wrong, I have written it every single way, even the address on my credit statements. It's driving me crazy![/QUOTE]

I contacted Sony CS about this problem a few months ago and the lady on the phone told me it was one of two things. She said it could either be that I was adding something like an apartment number to the second address line, which I was, or that my card was missing some kind of special protocol that was needed to be able to use it on the PSN and that I'd have to call my card issuer so that they could help me out with that. Unfortunately I can't remember what that protocol was. If you're not inputting any information on the second address line and are still getting the problem, give Sony CS a call and they can help you out.

[quote name='lokizz']they play on both the ps3 and psp. theyre basically cheap games of varying length.[/QUOTE]

Not all of them. Tetris WILL NOT play on the PS3.

[quote name='chuycobo']All the games are showing up as full price to me and a friend. Does the sale not start until later today?[/QUOTE]

For the third time, it will start once the PSN store updates tomorrow around 6-7 p.m. eastern and will continue until the next PSN Store update next week (or they might stop it at midnight pacific on the 9th no way to know for sure.)

Thanks much, OP.

For me I'll be indulging in some PSP games for the sale as I have the PS3 titles I wanted already. Patchwork Heroes, GTA Chinatown Wars, Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess, and Lunar will be great. Now I just need to invest in a larger memory stick.

Thanks OP! Saved me some Money. Nearly pulled the trigger on EOJ:Legends today. Will wait for sale price!

[quote name='cheko']God i hate this ... ive had 20$ credit on my account forever ....i either have the game that are on sale or they suck ... how bout PSN gets up to date with XBLA so we can have some decent games for a change i mean WTF where is blacklight i'm still waiting! Ended up purchasing section 8 for 5 bucks so i'm playing that for now ....... gotta love how 360 gets nice xbla exclusives like shadow complex...but F**king PSN puts out Hamster Ball WTF! I'm trying to be a PS3 fan Boy but Sony really making me and many others turn away. Thanx for the post OP:bouncy:, If i i didnt already own Fat princess i would have got that at that price!! I'm going to pass on the rest though.:no:[/QUOTE]

I dont even own a PS3 (but do have a PSP) but even I can rattle off games like Echochrome, Joe Danger, Pixeljunk series, Fat Princess, and The last Guy as games I'd have loved to see on XBLA. If you cant find games to play, you arent trying very hard.

Bah =/, i brought damn near all of those PSP games at full price. Not really anything else im interested. (Hated Chinatown Wars on the DS, not sure if the PSP version is much better).

Though im so buying some PsN Credit tommorow for Makoto, a new avatar and possibly finally buying the Fat Princess DLC

[quote name='hostyl1']I dont even own a PS3 (but do have a PSP) but even I can rattle off games like Echochrome, Joe Danger, Pixeljunk series, Fat Princess, and The last Guy as games I'd have loved to see on XBLA. If you cant find games to play, you arent trying very hard.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for being among the few who have sense in this thread.

Oh, and thanks for mentioning Joe Danger--I'm ashamed I forgot to add this to my rant earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it possible to browse game prices on psn from a laptop w/ a standard web browser (firefox)? I keep trying to go to the playstation store but can't find any pricing. Plus, the site is hella slow. god, sony is such a mess. i'm trying to find out how much marvel vs. capcom 2 and super street 2 remix cost but can't even do that.

update: i logged in w/ my psn info on my laptop. still can't find anything. the site is crawling at this point. every other site on the internet works fine though.

found an alphaetical listing for games w/ huge splash pages that take hours to load. so i go to http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/worms-ps3.html to see worms pricing but can't find a price for that either. I click on where to buy and am now taken to a page w/ links to best buy etc...for a downloadable game? wow. just wow. sony hates my money.

so far im thinking:

echo (i think that's what it's called): $0.99
monsters probably stole my girlfriend: $2.49

total: $3.48
what should i do with the extra $1.52 (stuipid minimum $5 rule)

[quote name='PublikDefender']is it possible to browse game prices on psn from a laptop w/ a standard web browser (firefox)? I keep trying to go to the playstation store but can't find any pricing. Plus, the site is hella slow. god, sony is such a mess. i'm trying to find out how much marvel vs. capcom 2 and super street 2 remix cost but can't even do that.

update: i logged in w/ my psn info on my laptop. still can't find anything. the site is crawling at this point. every other site on the internet works fine though.

found an alphaetical listing for games w/ huge splash pages that take hours to load. so i go to http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/worms-ps3.html to see worms pricing but can't find a price for that either. I click on where to buy and am now taken to a page w/ links to best buy etc...for a downloadable game? wow. just wow. sony hates my money.[/QUOTE]

theres an application you can dl that allows you to buy psp games from psn check over in the ps3 section someone mentioned the name of it. through that you should be able to browse some of the store.

If you get the MediaGo application for your computer, you can browse the PlayStation Store using that. Sony's website isn't the greatest for browsing all the content that's on there, so doing it from the PS3 is still the best way otherwise.

Oh, and just to reiterate a couple of repeated points for anyone viewing this thread that hasn't checked the previous few pages:
-The sale starts tomorrow (Tuesday 8/3), when the store gets updated probably late in the day, but the prices will last through August 9th so you've got some time.
-While most PS minis work across both the PS3 and PSP, Tetris is PSP-only and won't work on PS3.

Might have to get Monsters Probably Stole My Princess at $2.49, IGN's review sounds favorable for a cheap mini.

[quote name='AwRy108']Thank you for being among the few who have sense in this thread.

Oh, and thanks for mentioning Joe Danger--I'm ashamed I forgot to add this to my rant earlier.[/QUOTE]

um...k..whatever...all those games suck in comparison to xbla exclusive games and i would buy third party games that are ,released on both consoles, on the ps3 except..o yea thats right, xbla gets them a month first ahead of time .... you ps3 fanboys can save it ...tell Sony to stop the "wii wannabe" crap and get on board with hardcore gamers.

[quote name='cheko']um...k..whatever...all those games suck in comparison to xbla exclusive games and i would buy third party games that are ,released on both consoles, on the ps3 except..o yea thats right, xbla gets them a month first ahead of time .... you ps3 fanboys can save it ...tell Sony to stop the "wii wannabe" crap and get on board with hardcore gamers.[/QUOTE]

if you love microsoft so much more than sony why the fuck even bother posting in a psn store thread? so you dont like what theyre selling big damn deal alot of us do and are thankful for the post. so please stop junking it up with your shit fanboy comments and let those of us excited for the sale enjoy it.

i hate the wii and you never see me post on the wii boards because doing so is a waste of time.

@lokizz, MICHAE2414
ah, thanks.

definitely getting pixeljunk shooter and fatty tomorrow. maybe the mini that everyone else is saying that they're getting.

hey man i was just stating that i want more to buy and if u look at my first post i thanked the op for his post ...im just responding to people coming at me with nonsense ... i am a ps3 fan im just pissed there isnt more to offer .... and im sure im not the only one people should get on board so there can be a change done instead of complain about me stating the obvious.

[quote name='lokizz']if you love microsoft so much more than sony why the fuck even bother posting in a psn store thread? so you dont like what theyre selling big damn deal alot of us do and are thankful for the post. so please stop junking it up with your shit fanboy comments and let those of us excited for the sale enjoy it.

i hate the wii and you never see me post on the wii boards because doing so is a waste of time.[/QUOTE]
hey man i was just stating that i want more to buy and if u look at my first post i thanked the op for his post ...im just responding to people coming at me with nonsense ... i am a ps3 fan im just pissed there isnt more to offer .... and im sure im not the only ,people should get on board so there can be a change done instead of complain about me stating the obvious. your right, it is a waste of time so im ending this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is this MAKATO thing people have been mentioning in this thread? Isn't that a Street Fighter character?!? Just wanted to know if I was missing something here?

[quote name='Rollobobo']What is this MAKATO thing people have been mentioning in this thread? Isn't that a Street Fighter character?!? Just wanted to know if I was missing something here?[/QUOTE]

i have to say im curious too a few people have mentioned wanting it so now i have to check it out on youtube. did the same or the tetris mini and that game where youre cutting apart ships. looks like im gonna need another psn card lol.

bread's done
Back