PlayStation Plus membership $29.99 direct from Sony

Scooby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Edit: it looks like Sony has clarified that this deal is NOT available from the PSN store as linked below, but rather was referring to the same deal available from various online and physical outlets. Sorry about that everyone :( Highly misleading front page if you ask me. As of right now (11/29, 2.30pm central), the deal is still available on amazon. Haven't checked other places.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation_plus_new/

However it looks like the deal has not gone live yet; it says 11/29/13 only. I tried to get a subscription but the price was still $49.99. I do not know if they mean a specific time zone. Curiously enough it also says "while supplies last". Uh?

Anyway, looks like a great deal if/when it actually goes live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good til nov 2015 currently, but i'd definitely buy 1 or 2 more through the ps online store, since my credit on there was of course purchased at a discount.

How many can you purchase from Sony? I read two per purchase so I was hoping to make a two purchases for a total of 4 cards. I have an AMEX rewards offer that if I buy $100 from Sony I get $25 back. :whee:

okay now this is getting tiresome. Went from thinking it may go up at 3am, to now 7am lol. I only have a few hours left in my body to stay awake!

I am tempted to get another membership but I am already good until sep 2015. I could be dead or blind by then.
A lot can happen in 2 years. I wanted to pick up more too but I thought 2 years was sufficient. My concerns were them possibly trimming or even ending the instant game collection and free game offerings or just generally slacking on the benefits if they've already got everybody locked in for the next 5-10 years after today.

Sorry everyone who is waiting on this. I would just get it from Amazon; I have no idea why it's not live by now.

Personally I got one code from gamestop last night before going to bed, and just now another one from Amazon. I'm all set.

Hmm, looking over the ad... are we sure this is for the PSN store? i mean really? They could just be a passing advertisment for retailers that have the 29.99 price (and thats mostly everywhere), because theres a picture of a physical card on the left. Just because they have a "buy now" button doesn't mean much does it? it could be there for people who don't want the inconvenience of going out to get a card. Im just being skeptical here, because I feel like this should have been live by now, really.

I can't give in. Between the $10 back promo and the money that's already sitting in my PSN wallet, this is way more attractive than buying somewhere else.

Hmm, looking over the ad... are we sure this is for the PSN store? i mean really? They could just be a passing advertisment for retailers that have the 29.99 price (and thats mostly everywhere), because theres a picture of a physical card on the left. Just because they have a "buy now" button doesn't mean much does it? it could be there for people who don't want the inconvenience of going out to get a card. Im just being skeptical here, because I feel like this should have been live by now, really.

And I refuse to believe I'm being trolled over the same item twice in one day.

EDIT: The "While supplies last" is really starting to taunt me now though. I'm starting to come around to the idea that this is referring to the physical product in stores. fuck.

EDIT: The "While supplies last" is really starting to taunt me now though. I'm starting to come around to the idea that this is referring to the physical product in stores. fuck.
With the "Buy Now" button right there? It better not be. They'd have a lot of 'splaining to do.

Yup, exactly what i was thinking. The Buy Now button could just be there to be there. What reason does it have to not be there? People could "buy now" for 49.99 if they are thinking to avoid crowds, or trick themselves into thinking its a good idea.

Im thinking I added 20 dollars to my PSN wallet for absolutely nothing....

"PS Plus

There will also be a special Black Friday deal for PlayStation Plus at select retailers nationwide. Pick up 1 year of PS Plus for only $29.99* — that’s 40% off the regular price of $49.99. With PS Plus, you’ll get new games every month with Instant Game Collection. You’ll also get access to online multiplayer on the PS4 system. Best of all, one membership will cover you across your PS4, PS3, and PS Vita… for just $29.99* on Black Friday only.

*Limit 2 per person, per purchase. Offer valid 11/29/13 only, while supplies last."

from PSblog.

That "buy now" button is probably always there.

Living in Indonesia, I hope Sony doesn't track my IP because I really want to buy 2 years of PS Plus. The exchange rate from USD to Rupiah is currently the highest in last four years. 

The PS Blog mentioned that they'd have a complete Black Friday sale, and not just discounts on PS+ memberships. So far it doesn't look like any sales have gone live. Sony's servers are probably buckling under the increased traffic from Black Friday and the European launch right now. It may take them a while before they're able to get things under control and get to the point where they're able to start the sale. Don't give up hope yet. :)

The PS Blog mentioned that they'd have a complete Black Friday sale, and not just discounts on PS+ memberships. So far it doesn't look like any sales have gone live. Sony's servers are probably buckling under the increased traffic from Black Friday and the European launch right now. It may take them a while before they're able to get things under control and get to the point where they're able to start the sale. Don't give up hope yet. :)
And where is this PSN black friday sale mentioned? Its just retailer BF Sales.

Yeah, when BF will be almost over.

Well it better be something, Its extremely vague and not a mention of a "black friday sale" officially... but Gimmie something to spend my 20 bucks on that I could have used to get a PS Plus Sub elsewhere...
You're right. Perhaps I was reading a bit too much into his comment. Re-reading it now he could just be referring to the "PS+ for $30" promotion. We'll have to wait and see.

PSN is getting slammed. I've been trying to redeem my Amazon code for five minutes and it keeps coming back with error. It identified the code properly, but is having problems adding it to my account. Tried it on the store and under account management...website won't do it cause it's not a game code.

10AM Update: Looks like they finally took the store down for maintenance. =/ This must be a real popular promotion, you think. Lol.

You're right. Perhaps I was reading a bit too much into his comment. Re-reading it now he could just be referring to the "PS+ for $30" promotion. We'll have to wait and see.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/22/black-friday-deals-for-ps3-ps-vita-and-ps-plus/

Comment 1 states there will be sales on PSN. There is a picture saying here would be sales up to 65% off here, with a link to the store. http://us.playstation.com/black-friday-2013/

Eh who cares when they update it, as long as they do. Quit complaining, go eat some leftovers, and come back in a few hours or so.

PSN is getting slammed. I've been trying to redeem my Amazon code for five minutes and it keeps coming back with error. It identified the code properly, but is having problems adding it to my account. Tried it on the store and under account management...website won't do it cause it's not a game code.

10AM Update: Looks like they finally took the store down for maintenance. =/ This must be a real popular promotion, you think. Lol.
The PS4 came out in Europe today, that might be why PSN is down.

I got sick of waiting to see what happens. Went with Amazon. Looking forward to see what sales they have though.

Were you able to redeem it? This error 80023017 keeps popping up.
This. I bought my year of PS+ through Amazon (cause somehow my $5 credit from buying The Last of Us Season Pass applied, and they were running a $5 Amazon Insta-Video credit promo with purchase) for $25, but ever since then, PSN has hung up on me for the first time unexpectedly. They took the store down as of 10AM EST. =/ Sucks cause I punched the code in, it was ID'd as 1 Year of PS+, but when I went to redeem it, it kept continuing and continuing until I got errors. I freaked out for a moment but when I tried it through the store and on Account Management, it was doing the same. =/ Well played, Sony...well played.

This. I bought my year of PS+ through Amazon (cause somehow my $5 credit from buying The Last of Us Season Pass applied, and they were running a $5 Amazon Insta-Video credit promo with purchase) for $25, but ever since then, PSN has hung up on me for the first time unexpectedly. They took the store down as of 10AM EST. =/ Sucks cause I punched the code in, it was ID'd as 1 Year of PS+, but when I went to redeem it, it kept continuing and continuing until I got errors. I freaked out for a moment but when I tried it through the store and on Account Management, it was doing the same. =/ Well played, Sony...well played.
Phew... I thought I was the only one having this error.

Can you grab this promotion via PSN on your PS3 or Vita?

Well, assuming it ever goes live that is.
The deal is already live, but not through PSN (especially since it's basically down atm).

You can pick it up on Amazon currently, but you won't be able to redeem it until PSN goes back up, and other places like BB, GS, etc. have them too, so lots of options.

I know about the other places, but I'm looking to get it from Sony so I can apply for that spend $60 on PSN get $10 credit promotion they are offering.

I was also looking to do the Buy $60 get $10 back, but did not want to risk losing the deal.

Purchased it through Amazon.  Holding onto the code for now, in case there is another +3 mo deal.

With this year, I am currently paid up on PS Plus until the end of 2017.

We need official clarification from Sony. Their own website (linked in the op) strongly suggests that a $30 SEN sale is imminent. We should contact them.

Yeah if I can't apply my previous PSN credits towards the Plus deal via the store then I'm just not gonna buy it at all. (could just buy more games instead)

+ Crystal MacKenzie on November 29th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Sorry we weren’t clear guys! We’ll be sure to be more specific next time. For now this deal is not available on the PlayStation store but you can purchase online through Amazon, GameStop and Best Buy. Or if you are out shopping you can pick it up in stores at Best Buy, GameStop, Amazon, and Wal-Mart, among others.
Well, that sucks.

I decided to purchase a code on Amazon and I get an error when trying to redeem through the PSN. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit: when trying to redeem on my ps4 it kicks me back to the main dashboard and when trying to redeem on my vita i get an error there too.

bread's done
Back