PlayStation Plus membership $29.99 direct from Sony

Scooby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Edit: it looks like Sony has clarified that this deal is NOT available from the PSN store as linked below, but rather was referring to the same deal available from various online and physical outlets. Sorry about that everyone :( Highly misleading front page if you ask me. As of right now (11/29, 2.30pm central), the deal is still available on amazon. Haven't checked other places.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation_plus_new/

However it looks like the deal has not gone live yet; it says 11/29/13 only. I tried to get a subscription but the price was still $49.99. I do not know if they mean a specific time zone. Curiously enough it also says "while supplies last". Uh?

Anyway, looks like a great deal if/when it actually goes live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still showing full price here.

Edit: Nevermind, you have to add it to your cart to see the discount. It's just a physical card and not digital, though.

Gamestop is working now, just got one.

yL6DTfb.png
Dude why are they charging you tax for a prepaid card...that usually doesn't happen :s..

Dude why are they charging you tax for a prepaid card...that usually doesn't happen :s..
I'm in WV and I have to pay tax on almost everything. I pay tax on gift cards in some stores. Well, I don't because I wont buy them, but it happens. Now we have to pay tax on almost every online purchase because of a law that was passed a couple months ago.

We are a heavily taxed state.

Does anyone know if the PS3 bundles Amazon sold today include a free month of PS Plus? I'm trying to figure out how to get my hands on a PS Plus code before December 3 without paying tax (stupid Gamestop); Best Buy says the one I ordered from them won't arrive until Dec. 9 at the earliest.

I was thinking buying from Sony directly would be best with their Buy $60 get $10 credit, but seems like it won't let you buy multiples (in one transaction) of the subscription. Just a heads up.

Does anyone know if the PS3 bundles Amazon sold today include a free month of PS Plus? I'm trying to figure out how to get my hands on a PS Plus code before December 3 without paying tax (stupid Gamestop); Best Buy says the one I ordered from them won't arrive until Dec. 9 at the earliest.
If you don't have plus already you're welcome to have the 30 day trial code that I got with the PS4 since it doesn't stack with a current membership.

If you don't have plus already you're welcome to have the 30 day trial code that I got with the PS4 since it doesn't stack with a current membership.
i would really appreciate that! I just ordered my PS3 today...I had an Xbox 360 for all of this last generation. Feel free to send me a PM.

Damn, I need to cancel my gamestop orders then. I have a TON of Sony Reward points so I got some PSN codes. Have exactly $60 now so planning on getting two years this way now.

I was thinking buying from Sony directly would be best with their Buy $60 get $10 credit, but seems like it won't let you buy multiples (in one transaction) of the subscription. Just a heads up.

Am pretty sure the $60 doesn't have to be in a single transaction. When I've done this in the past as long as you accrue the total spend amount from your SEN wallet by the offer end date (12/3 here) they email you the code a few days after the end.

Am pretty sure the $60 doesn't have to be in a single transaction. When I've done this in the past as long as you accrue the total spend amount from your SEN wallet by the offer end date (12/3 here) they email you the code a few days after the end.
That has been my experience as well - now lets hope this thing goes live in 20 so I can go to bed :)

How do we even know it'll count toward it? And you'd have to spend an extra 5 (well, not SPEND exactly but you can only add in 5, 10, 20, and 50 increments, so you'd have to add 10 and then 50 for the 59.98-no tax- and then add another 5 to buy whatever avatar item or whatever for an extra buck or two to push you over the 60). Will it only work if you buy with funds already in your wallet? Can anyone verify from a past promotion?

How do we even know it'll count toward it? And you'd have to spend an extra 5 (well, not SPEND exactly but you can only add in 5, 10, 20, and 50 increments, so you'd have to add 10 and then 50 for the 59.98-no tax- and then add another 5 to buy whatever avatar item or whatever for an extra buck or two to push you over the 60). Will it only work if you buy with funds already in your wallet? Can anyone verify from a past promotion?
They did the spend 50 get 10 around Halloween. Funds have to be in your wallet and then spent during the promotion period. I did this twice over the course of the two weeks or so and and got my 20 dollar voucher via email a while later. I didn't put all the funds in my wallet at once and i didn't spend it all at once, but I kept track of what I spent and sure enough Sony sent me the 20 for free.

i would really appreciate that! I just ordered my PS3 today...I had an Xbox 360 for all of this last generation. Feel free to send me a PM.
PM sent, have fun with your PS3.

The way the past "spend XXX, get XX back" promotions have worked is they count items purchased through the Playstation Store from funds in your wallet. Then at the end of the promotional period they tally it up and if you reached the threshold then you'll get a code a little while later to add to your wallet.

The way the past "spend XXX, get XX back" promotions have worked is they count items purchased through the Playstation Store from funds in your wallet. Then at the end of the promotional period they tally it up and if you reached the threshold then you'll get a code a little while later to add to your wallet.
Yep, I spend $50 during the last promo, a $50 PSN card, and I got the $10 back.

Same here, I think if sony doesn't go live right away forget them and I'll just do amazon - its almost 3 am here :(
I know me too, and this is having worked 4 hours of black friday madness at target AND having to go back in for another 8.5 tomorrow at 10am :(

Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm probably going to go with amazon for convenience sake. Also, I think y'all are right obviously (having much more experience than me-haven't own a PS3 since before ps+ went live) but when I searched on the website for items eligible I don't think the ps + subscriptions cam up (then again, there were like 2,000 result and I didn't go through all of them)

Yep, I spend $50 during the last promo, a $50 PSN card, and I got the $10 back.
Oh, ok. I guess that's straight verification. This is an automatic add to your account though. Is that how it worked before? They don't actually send you a card but add it straight to whatever time's left on your subscription, I thought

The problem with buying from Sony is that you can't hold onto the code and wait for another "Buy 12, get 3 extra months" promo.

I can not even tell after adding the code if it extended my plus. They should have a better tracking of this on the playstation. I can see what day it ends. But I did not look at it before adding it. 

I'm glad I got one from GS and NewEgg. I couldn't wait any longer and potentially miss out.

got one from gamestop with out tax. probably b/c i chose the digital download instead.  

Also, sony seems to have alot of networking issues right now, particularly PSN.  had problem signing on and the code won't redeem until the 20th tried (stretching it a bit, but was a lot of time).

I can not even tell after adding the code if it extended my plus. They should have a better tracking of this on the playstation. I can see what day it ends. But I did not look at it before adding it.
Go to one of your games you've downloaded for free from Plus.. hit triangle.. go to information and scroll down .. it'll tell you when your subscription ends

Amazon gives you $5 in Amazon instant video credit for each $29.99 card you buy so I think I'm going to go this route rather than wait for Sony to fix their mess and miss out

I would go with Amazon, but the problem is I want to order from the PS Store to count torwards that "Buy $60, get $10 back" promo.

I'm already subbed up until late 2015 anyway, lol. So it wouldn't too big of a loss.

Besides, chances are pretty damn good that we'll see similar PS+ sales on next year's Black Friday. And the year after that, and the year after that...

bread's done
Back