PlayStation Plus membership $29.99 direct from Sony

Scooby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Edit: it looks like Sony has clarified that this deal is NOT available from the PSN store as linked below, but rather was referring to the same deal available from various online and physical outlets. Sorry about that everyone :( Highly misleading front page if you ask me. As of right now (11/29, 2.30pm central), the deal is still available on amazon. Haven't checked other places.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation_plus_new/

However it looks like the deal has not gone live yet; it says 11/29/13 only. I tried to get a subscription but the price was still $49.99. I do not know if they mean a specific time zone. Curiously enough it also says "while supplies last". Uh?

Anyway, looks like a great deal if/when it actually goes live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry we weren’t clear guys! We’ll be sure to be more specific next time. For now this deal is not available on the PlayStation store but you can purchase online through Amazon, GameStop and Best Buy. Or if you are out shopping you can pick it up in stores at Best Buy, GameStop, Amazon, and Wal-Mart, among others.
Never giving a straightforward answer huh Sony.

Hey guys after holding for 30 minutes Got a Sony rep online.. their page is not selling them at the $29.99 price only the other vendors Ex: Amazone, best buy, gamestop..   So if you're getting in on this I suggest hit Amazon they still have it available. The price on Sony's site will not change to the $29.99

Hey guys after holding for 30 minutes Got a Sony rep online.. their page is not selling them at the $29.99 price only the other vendors Ex: Amazone, best buy, gamestop.. So if you're getting in on this I suggest hit Amazon they still have it available. The price on Sony's site will not change to the $29.99
Great. So people who funded their PSN wallets just got effed in the ass hard. :)

I updated the op with the following:

Edit: it looks like Sony has clarified that this deal is NOT available from the PSN store as linked below, but rather was referring to the same deal available from various online and physical outlets. Sorry about that everyone :( Highly misleading front page if you ask me. As of right now (11/29, 2.30pm central), the deal is still available on amazon. Haven't checked other places.
I was so happy to post a deal I found myself and it turns out I wasted everyone's time. :cry:

I'm pretty mad at Sony right now; somebody screwed up big time.

I must be an idiot becausei can't seem to purchase it from Amazon. I go to the page, my only option is to add to cart, then it tells me I can't buy it from the cat.

I updated the op with the following:

I was so happy to post a deal I found myself and it turns out I wasted everyone's time. :cry:

I'm pretty mad at Sony right now; somebody screwed up big time.
eh, it happens. It looked good to a lot of us too.

Oh well, $30 is still pretty damn good. Happy holidays everybody! :grouphug:

But is it good for anything else besides the video stuff? Who needs their video? Not hating, but genuinely asking...
I think their video stuff is fine. Have the app on my smart TV, Blu ray player, and PS3. $5 is decent, I can buy a movie or a couple TV show episodes or some kids movie for the kids. I'd prefer something like VUDU credit but this is fine.

I just redeemed my code for ps + any idea how long it takes to allow me to download games? so far it still tells me to join but in my transactions it shows I redeemed the code.

I just redeemed my code for ps + any idea how long it takes to allow me to download games? so far it still tells me to join but in my transactions it shows I redeemed the code.
Go to bed - PSN will be in pain for the following hours. BTW, was there a single SMOOTH launch in history? Without network outages. I wonder if it's even possible to do.

It sounds like a perfect shitstorm of the games division on a global scale not knowing their asshole from their elbow:

PS4 launches in Europe on the same day as having Black Friday deals on PSN and with select retailers and all while new system owners in the US are just getting home with their Black Friday purchased systems. (PS3/PS4/Vita)

Valve/Blizzard couldn't even handle that kind of load and they actually know what they are doing when it comes to online. Gaming companies need to just pay Amazon/Google for lessons in infrastructure and be done with it. :wall:

A lot can happen in 2 years. I wanted to pick up more too but I thought 2 years was sufficient. My concerns were them possibly trimming or even ending the instant game collection and free game offerings or just generally slacking on the benefits if they've already got everybody locked in for the next 5-10 years after today.
Good point

bread's done
Back