Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='ZombieToast']Hey, maybe you can help me with something. The Sackgirl on the right, with the pink hair... Is that based on an actual anime/manga/game character? I spent an excessive amount of time trying to figure this out the other day and I found nothing conclusive. The closest matches I come up with are a chick from Persona and a character from some random show, but neither of them look quite like this doll/plush.[/QUOTE]

I am 99.99% sure she is meant to be the token Asian girl. She has a winter (I think... the skirt is long, but that might just be her size over intentional) school uniform. She doesn't really have anything unique about her and her name is more or less just something Japanese. (Yukiko) She lacks anything that would relate her to an anime character and falls into the theme.

Chop Chop = Sushi chef
Arg = Pirate
Voodoo = Skeleton
Caesar = Roman armor
Sackboy = Sackboy

@ Gram:

Yeah I did a few times. There's talk of giving away one or two via a Vividgamer contest.

[quote name='admiralvic']I am 99.99% sure she is meant to be the token Asian girl. She has a winter (I think... the skirt is long, but that might just be her size over intentional) school uniform. She doesn't really have anything unique about her and her name is more or less just something Japanese. (Yukiko) She lacks anything that would relate her to an anime character and falls into the theme.

Chop Chop = Sushi chef
Arg = Pirate
Voodoo = Skeleton
Caesar = Roman armor
Sackboy = Sackboy
[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. I had a feeling that might be the case, but I didn't know for sure and it was bugging the crap out of me. She's always listed as Limited Edition, so I thought perhaps she was based on a character or perhaps even a pop idol, but I couldn't find anything to support this.

"661+ Points: Ratchet & Clank® swag, Ratchet & Clank®: A Crack in Time game and a free download of the beta demo for Ratchet & Clank®: All 4 One." Does this mean they're just giving you the demo you can already get for free on PSN?

[quote name='Link2999']"661+ Points: Ratchet & Clank® swag, Ratchet & Clank®: A Crack in Time game and a free download of the beta demo for Ratchet & Clank®: All 4 One." Does this mean they're just giving you the demo you can already get for free on PSN?[/QUOTE]

so does the new r@c have online coop? if no then sony can take the beta part off and just say demo because a beta and a demo are not the same thing are they?

[quote name='sir-fly']so does the new r@c have online coop? if no then sony can take the beta part off and just say demo because a beta and a demo are not the same thing are they?[/QUOTE]

It's most likely an early demo, but it can still "tech" be a beta like any demo. Many demos are not based off the final build of a game thus can be considered "beta's"

@ Zombie Toast:

This might be an EXTREME reach, but next to all the other plushies I have... she is the most complex. She has a costume and a LOT of hair. The others are generally imperfect (lop sided, weirdly shaped, etc) but shes somewhat solid. While I dont think this is the reason; the effort put in could be why.

Yes, oh thank god! I got my poster in today. I was beginning to worry that I was going to get stiffed this month. I would have had to raise hell otherwise.

/sarcasm

OK, so here's a dumb question but being regulars to this site I'm sure you have to be somewhat used to them by now. Anyways, I applied in June and never got an email saying that I was accepted. I just got a survey about how the experience was and when I go on the House Party website it says that I have applied to host and it shows all of the different things you have to do to get points. Long story, short - am I in the program or is there an official email that goes out saying that you have been accepted, follow these steps, etc? I see that the next round of invites go out tomorrow so hopefully I will hear something then. Thanks.

Has anyone traded in any of the games they've gotten here to Amazon? I have Playstation Move Heroes and i have no use for it and having the hardest time selling it. I was just wondering if the case scratch or "Not for Resale" barcode will make the trade in not work?

[quote name='uEih']Has anyone traded in any of the games they've gotten here to Amazon? I have Playstation Move Heroes and i have no use for it and having the hardest time selling it. I was just wondering if the case scratch or "Not for Resale" barcode will make the trade in not work?[/QUOTE]

I havn't tried but I heard it is YMMV.

[quote name='Tsel']I had no trouble trading in Motorstorm, MLB 11, and Move Heroes to Gamestop. All had significant scratches.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't mind doing that but i don't want gamestop credits.. lol.. Maybe it's worth a shot for amazon, if not i'll just get it returned. No money lost.

[quote name='uEih']Wouldn't mind doing that but i don't want gamestop credits.. lol.. Maybe it's worth a shot for amazon, if not i'll just get it returned. No money lost.[/QUOTE]

I just traded that in towards my 3DS at Best Buy today. They gave me $15 no problem.

i got an email today that says i got in, but the website still has the "check your host status" thing. does the website take some time to update?

[quote name='hk1200']I got accepted! I uploaded a photo today and I'm gonna do the other stuff tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club man! It's quite awesome!

Wow, I see that they opened it up to now allow 8000 hosts. Congrats to those that are getting accepted now and hopefully they will accept my brother too, who had been getting strung along since beginning of June with "your account is up for review next week" constantly.

[quote name='fullmetal']Wow, I see that they opened it up to now allow 8000 hosts. Congrats to those that are getting accepted now and hopefully they will accept my brother too, who had been getting strung along since beginning of June with "your account is up for review next week" constantly.[/QUOTE]

I hope this isn't writing on the wall for a further decline... At the start this program was quite epic, but the last 2 months the prizes dropped significantly and more prizes to award doesnt scream "Expect Uncharted 3!"

[quote name='admiralvic']I hope this isn't writing on the wall for a further decline... At the start this program was quite epic, but the last 2 months the prizes dropped significantly and more prizes to award doesnt scream "Expect Uncharted 3!"[/QUOTE]

This is what I fear. More participants, less expensive prizes.

This may leave The Ico Collection in the running since it is retailing for $40, but things like All 4 One, Uncharted 3, and such would probably drop out of the running as prizes and they would probably offer older games/greatest hits titles.

Hopefully this won't be the case.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']This is what I fear. More participants, less expensive prizes.

This may leave The Ico Collection in the running since it is retailing for $40, but things like All 4 One, Uncharted 3, and such would probably drop out of the running as prizes and they would probably offer older games/greatest hits titles.

Hopefully this won't be the case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I would toss in my 2 cents and say I dont like the odds of All 4 One anyways. As I posted on HP... I'm frankly worried that they won't waste 2 events on the same topic. Seems pointless if you ask me.

Ratchet and Clank
Something
Ratchet and Clank

or Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank

The only highlight is that Sony publishes a LOT of M rated titles and theres only so much they can give before the thing falls apart. I won't lie... 2 more months of this low tier crap and I'll stop trying. That might sound greedy, but when you're in it from the start + getting 990 every month + have every game offered thus far; well theres little motivation left.

[quote name='fullmetal']Wow, I see that they opened it up to now allow 8000 hosts. Congrats to those that are getting accepted now and hopefully they will accept my brother too, who had been getting strung along since beginning of June with "your account is up for review next week" constantly.[/QUOTE]

I got my brother to sign up during the August 1-8 vacation week and he was accepted this week. I noticed that there were less than 6,000 participants(around 5500 to 5800, can't remember exactly) unlike the usual 6,000 it shows in the party page. I thought maybe some participants had quit &/or HouseParty kicked a few people out :?:

[quote name='Captain Urahara']This is what I fear. More participants, less expensive prizes.

Hopefully this won't be the case.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you chalk it up to the fact that there was nothing good released the last 2 months? Maybe when fall comes they will give away something good.

Finished everything in the first post, just waiting for my score to update. I don't care what games we get from this, free is free. And in this economy, anything that's free is worth my time.

Is Ratchet & Clank a Playstation Move only game though? I don't have Playstation Move yet...I might get it though.

[quote name='hk1200']Finished everything in the first post, just waiting for my score to update. I don't care what games we get from this, free is free. And in this economy, anything that's free is worth my time.

Is Ratchet & Clank a Playstation Move only game though? I don't have Playstation Move yet...I might get it though.[/QUOTE]
Nope

Awesome. That's even better news. So how does this work exactly? Excuse my ignorance regarding this...people have gotten games from this before obviously, but how long does it take? Does EVERYONE get a game?

[quote name='hk1200']Awesome. That's even better news. So how does this work exactly? Excuse my ignorance regarding this...people have gotten games from this before obviously, but how long does it take? Does EVERYONE get a game?[/QUOTE]

Nope you have to get a certain amount of points for the game but, everyone gets a low tier prize.

[quote name='A_1000_FAT_KIDS_']Nope you have to get a certain amount of points for the game but, everyone gets a low tier prize.[/QUOTE]

So as long as you get the upper tier points you get the game? Or is that merely a chance to win it? Happy to receive anything regardless, so the low tier prize won't be bad.

Again, sorry for being so stupid about this haha, I've read around the site but I haven't seen any definitive answers...

[quote name='hk1200']So as long as you get the upper tier points you get the game? Or is that merely a chance to win it? Happy to receive anything regardless, so the low tier prize won't be bad.

Again, sorry for being so stupid about this haha, I've read around the site but I haven't seen any definitive answers...[/QUOTE]

Yes everyone in the upper tiers gets a game.

[quote name='dmm220']Couldn't you chalk it up to the fact that there was nothing good released the last 2 months? Maybe when fall comes they will give away something good.[/QUOTE]

No, mostly because their were things released that could be considered good and yet weren't given away. Simple matter of fact is that the average retail value of the top tier prizes has declined in recent times.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']No, mostly because their were hatthings released that could be considered good and yet weren't given away. Simple matter of fact is that the average retail value of the top tier prizes has declined in recent times.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't discount that not much has come out in the past two months that fit in the typical prototype of prizes for this program. They are cheaper prizes, no doubt, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that indicating a trend. Two months out of a twelve month program isn't exactly a large enough sample size to judge.

[quote name='SmashMan']That doesn't discount that not much has come out in the past two months that fit in the typical prototype of prizes for this program. They are cheaper prizes, no doubt, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that indicating a trend. Two months out of a twelve month program isn't exactly a large enough sample size to judge.[/QUOTE]

And I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the conclusion that they MIGHT start offering more expensive prizes again.

Besides, I never said that they are only offering cheaper games from now on, only that they have for the past 2 months AND they just increased the limit of participants by 2k. Both indicate a POSSIBILITY of cheaper prizes in the future. I never said it was fact, so don't act as though I did.

[quote name='Tsel']Finally got off my lazy kick and got all the points for this week.[/QUOTE]

You can be cheap as you want, but don't be lazy too. You'll miss out on deals that way. Lol

[quote name='SmashMan']That doesn't discount that not much has come out in the past two months that fit in the typical prototype of prizes for this program. They are cheaper prizes, no doubt, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that indicating a trend. Two months out of a twelve month program isn't exactly a large enough sample size to judge.[/QUOTE]

While I love the fact I started the topic, but dont get referenced (Seriously bravo I hate having to defend my point endlessly :applause:)

As Ura said though a lot of this is based off the progression. First the lower tier prizes and now the increased guests. While not everyone will earn top prize (making it still viable for them in some cases) they wont want to risk it.

So far those 2 months form NEARLY half of the total program. (don't try to distort this fact... 2/5 is almost half) Now looking at the future there isn't a LOT Sony can give on the previous tier.

Ignoring all M rated games...

Ico Collection, but you fought me that it was "too niche" and laughed when Sony did a 180... so lets just cross that one out to save us some time.
Ratchet and Clank
Carnival Island (Around the same time as All 4 One)
Everybody Dance
Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest (These 3 games Carnival - this are out on the same day.)
Uncharted 3

and this closes out the year. Now I wouldn't be shocked to see the shovelware move games nonstop... though you're talking 3 months and with these titles not a ton can happen. They can easily do another nothing month next period then do Carnival Island (As 2 Clank parties seems wrong) then do a Everybody Dance party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of have a hard time imagining Uncharted 3 being part of this too since it's like Sony's Pride and Joy. I mean maybe after it's been out for a while but not when it's barely out.

[quote name='djricekcn']Kind of have a hard time imagining Uncharted 3 being part of this too since it's like Sony's Pride and Joy. I mean maybe after it's been out for a while but not when it's barely out.[/QUOTE]

Going by this month, we can expect it to be a prize in two years.

[quote name='admiralvic']While I love the fact I started the topic, but dont get referenced (Seriously bravo I hate having to defend my point endlessly :applause:) [/QUOTE]

No one says you have to defend anything. :)

As Ura said though a lot of this is based off the progression. First the lower tier prizes and now the increased guests. While not everyone will earn top prize (making it still viable for them in some cases) they wont want to risk it.

So far those 2 months form NEARLY half of the total program. (don't try to distort this fact... 2/5 is almost half) Now looking at the future there isn't a LOT Sony can give on the previous tier.
"Don't try to distort"...what the fuck? You're already jumping to the conclusion that the rest of the program is doomed because they're allowing more participants and the past two months haven't been brand new disc releases. I'm not debating that the prize value hasn't gone down; rather that assuming that it will continue to go down is stupid at this point because it's a year-long program. It's expected that there will be some lesser-valued prizes.

Ignoring all M rated games...

Ico Collection, but you fought me that it was "too niche" and laughed when Sony did a 180... so lets just cross that one out to save us some time.
They did a 180 on...the fact that there was no indication that Ico would be a prize? Your logic blows.

Ratchet and Clank
Carnival Island (Around the same time as All 4 One)
Everybody Dance
Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest (These 3 games Carnival - this are out on the same day.)
Uncharted 3
These all seem like they'd be potential prizes, yes.

and this closes out the year. Now I wouldn't be shocked to see the shovelware move games nonstop... though you're talking 3 months and with these titles not a ton can happen. They can easily do another nothing month next period then do Carnival Island (As 2 Clank parties seems wrong) then do a Everybody Dance party.
You know since you said two Ratchet and Clank months seems wrong, it'll happen, right? :p

As we've seen this month, they aren't afraid to go back into the collection to give away a game for the month. Who's to say that they wouldn't do that again throughout the program? They wouldn't be $60 giveaways, but they wouldn't be Ape Escape quality.

Actually, to be honest, I don't know if we're debating the MSRP of the top prizes or the quality of the games they're giving away. :???: I think we can all agree that Ratchet and Clank is of higher quality than Ape Escape.

Week two stuff is now up. I just made it in time for Week 1 stuff, that I had almost forget about since I went to a Comic Convention in Rosemont this weekend.

I swear I hate the navigation on houseparty. Its some of the worst I've seen in years.

Anyway, I need help...Again. XD

Comment on a PartyTalk Post - What does this mean? Comment where? I've commented on everything I could find and didn't get any points towards it last week. I'd like to make sure I get it this week.

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='mariska']I swear I hate the navigation on houseparty. Its some of the worst I've seen in years.

Anyway, I need help...Again. XD

Comment on a PartyTalk Post - What does this mean? Comment where? I've commented on everything I could find and didn't get any points towards it last week. I'd like to make sure I get it this week.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Party talk post is where anyone posts a blog and you comment on it. Like I posted a blog about how awesome Ratchet is, and you said I agree or something.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Party talk post is where anyone posts a blog and you comment on it. Like I posted a blog about how awesome Ratchet is, and you said I agree or something.[/QUOTE]

I finally figured it out after I posted like a hundred times to different posts. Odd really. I did the same thing last week and never got credit for it. -_-

Anyway, ty for the confirmation!

[quote name='Wchillinman']Week two stuff is now up. I just made it in time for Week 1 stuff, that I had almost forget about since I went to a Comic Convention in Rosemont this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. btw Im tempted to apply to that Chef Boyardee party it has 10,000 host spots and I want that Chef Boyardee hat.

[quote name='A_1000_FAT_KIDS_']Thanks for the heads up. btw Im tempted to apply to that Chef Boyardee party it has 10,000 host spots and I want that Chef Boyardee hat.[/QUOTE]

I applied for it earlier today. Chef Boyardee sounds amazing right about now. :)

I applied for the Chef Boyardee and the board game one. I only really care about the latter 'cause we are board game freaks. The PS3 House Party is the only one I haven't been rejected from, so we'll see.

bread's done
Back