Playstation Rewards program is back!

I'll cut someone if Madden is the prize. Probably won't be, though. It's most likely just an ad; it wouldn't be the first time they've advertised a game that they weren't giving away. It could just be because football season apparently started recently or is about to start (from what I've heard).

Of course, keep in mind that 80% of my reasoning is based on my very strong desire for it to not be about football this month. Hate, hate, hate that sport.

There's no way that Madden is the prize. Sony gives away Sony published games, not EA published games. All we can do is wait until 9 PM EST for the new challenges to start and find out.

Every single time this thread gets a new post I think it's because they've announced the next prize. I've been disappointed a lot today. And yes, now someone just like me gets to be disappointed as well because of this one. It's not lost on me, don't worry. :)

[quote name='Sentinel-Prime']They've updated the main page, saying that the new challenges should be up around 9pm EST.[/QUOTE]

Just saw it. I'll do some homework in the mean time, or play some video games. Lol

So, apparently the Ratchet & Clank swag is something downloadable. I just got my email stating that my game should be shipped to me around September 8th and I got a code to redeem my swag. Avatars, maybe? It's probably the same avatars you get for R&C All 4 One. -_-

I found this on the FAQ page...

For the September Tackling Fall Fun theme, the rewards are:
0 – 330 Points: PS3™ branded football item
331 – 660 Points: Virtual downloadable content
660+ Points: Virtual downloadable content, plus 100 people can randomly win a copy of Madden NFL 12 for the PS3™

Only 100 people get the game? LAME!!! Worst month yet... Sigh....

[quote name='Tsel']So, apparently the Ratchet & Clank swag is something downloadable. I just got my email stating that my game should be shipped to me around September 8th and I got a code to redeem my swag. Avatars, maybe? It's probably the same avatars you get for R&C All 4 One. -_-[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the "swag" is the first downloadable avatar/theme/home item pack. Lame.

And only 100 people get the game next month? Wat?

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Yeah, the "swag" is the first downloadable avatar/theme/home item pack. Lame.

And only 100 people get the game next month? Wat?[/QUOTE]

This whole situation is muff cabbage!! :wall::bs::twoguns:

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I found this on the FAQ page...

For the September Tackling Fall Fun theme, the rewards are:
0 – 330 Points: PS3™ branded football item
331 – 660 Points: Virtual downloadable content
660+ Points: Virtual downloadable content, plus 100 people can randomly win a copy of Madden NFL 12 for the PS3™

Only 100 people get the game? LAME!!! Worst month yet... Sigh....[/QUOTE]
wow well this month i will not be posting anything besides enough to get the points

ewww madden. lol. yay for free ratchet game!

yeah i might just skip this month. would they kick you if you skipped doing anything a whole month?

Oh, wtf?! Lame swag and next month sounds like a terrible idea. So, basically, I do all the work (granted it's not really work) just to be entered in a contest.

just got my ratchet & clank "swag." It's just the free avatars that you get when you register on ratchetandclank.com

Also, i think they switched the swag code and the beta demo code, cause the beta demo code gave me the avatars while the other one doesn't work yet

[quote name='Wario64']
Also, i think they switched the swag code and the beta demo code, cause the beta demo code gave me the avatars while the other one doesn't work yet[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened with mine.

I got the same R&C swag thing everyone of us got. I only commented on like two things... The Ratchet Avatar is pretty nice.

I haven't downloaded the them yet and Home always freezes so that was basically worthless to me which sucks 'cause it sounded like a neat shirt.

So if you get over 330 points you don't get the ps3 branded football item and just the virtual stuff? Lame. They better make up for this next month.

I'm guessing the beta code can't be redeemed yet since it's not out. Oh, and for those who don't know, PSN codes can be redeemed on www.qriocity.com. It also lets you preview the item before confirming. Much easier than having to turn on the PS3.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Anyone know if the PS+ members get the All4One beta or not?[/QUOTE]

The beta hasn't even been mentioned by Insomniac.

[quote name='xenozfan2']So if you get over 330 points you don't get the ps3 branded football item and just the virtual stuff? Lame. They better make up for this next month.[/QUOTE]

One can only hope they are keeping it cheap this month to justify the cost of giving everybody Uncharted 3 soon.

Someone said there are like 8000 people in the party now. Maybe they are letting it get too damn bloated and can't afford the "advertising" costs of giving us all free crap.

I am hoping that last month was foreshadowing of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One next month. If that is the case, than this month is just a buffer- and that is OKAY. A lot of buffer months lately though...

inFAMOUS 2 was full of win though, so its okay.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am hoping that last month was foreshadowing of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One next month. If that is the case, than this month is just a buffer- and that is OKAY. A lot of buffer months lately though...

inFAMOUS 2 was full of win though, so its okay.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if we get Uncharted 3 from this than I wouldnt mind getting static themes every other month.

Uncharted 3 would be quite awesome! I still haven't received my email from them. I finished my points for this week though. I'll check back again around 9pm for the challenges for Everybody Dance!

Man, what a shitty couple of months. I'm ridiculously disappointed with what they are referring to as "swag". Seriously, free downloadable crap that was already handed out to people a couple of weeks ago? And now this football nonsense? So, you get a squishy foam football with the PS3 logo (my guess), a football uniform for Home and maybe some lame avatars, and an entry into a sweepstakes for a crappy game that's already out. I hope I win the game purely out of spite.

If they end up giving us Uncharted 3, I quit. Okay, not really...but man, I sure miss the awesomeness of what this program was a couple of months ago.

[quote name='CBas92']The beta hasn't even been mentioned by Insomniac.[/QUOTE]

well, they gave away beta codes during their insomniac event months ago. but no details about the actual beta yet

[quote name='FadeToOne']Someone said there are like 8000 people in the party now. Maybe they are letting it get too damn bloated and can't afford the "advertising" costs of giving us all free crap.[/QUOTE]
If you were reading at the start of LAST month, me and ura were in agreement that the extra 2,000 (making it 6,000) was a bad sign of things to come. I do believe many people disagreeded with us then and wrote it off as another okay month.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that before we even talk about our feelings of the items, this event if becoming counter productive to the main goal. That is to market their games. The more they drag their feet with weak events; the less people are going to care.

I am so disappointed we aren't getting any actual R&C swag. I desperately was hoping for something simple like a small poster. I'm glad several other people are bitching about it on the site. Still though, I'm thankful for the free game I'm getting. It will go towards my vita fund. :p

Madden. >_______________< WHHHYYYYYYY?! Painful month is painful.

There are a lot of high profile game releases next month. Really. Any of those would be awesome. I'll bend over backwards and do whatever they want if its an Uncharted themed month.

I expect the ps3 themed item is actually an xmb theme. :p Yes, I realize the second option says "Virtual items". However, since they call call home crap "swag", I'm going to call "themed-item" xmb. :p

Desperately hoping to get into Everybody dance.

That's a lot work for just for a 1 in 8000 chance to win Madden 12. I already have it so count me out this month it will give others here a better chance of winning :)

[quote name='admiralvic']If you were reading at the start of LAST month, me and ura were in agreement that the extra 2,000 (making it 6,000) was a bad sign of things to come. I do believe many people disagreeded with us then and wrote it off as another okay month.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that before we even talk about our feelings of the items, this event if becoming counter productive to the main goal. That is to market their games. The more they drag their feet with weak events; the less people are going to care.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that they're marketing EA games... o_O

[quote name='retail sucks']That's a lot work for just for a 1 in 8000 chance to win Madden 12. I already have it so count me out this month it will give others here a better chance of winning :)[/QUOTE]
It's actually 100 in 8000 chance or 1/80. If I get 1, it goes straight to BB credit.

I take the whole 100 winners thing as EA being cheap. That is, they switch it to a third party game and suddenly not everyone gets it. Seriously doubt it's a coincidence.

Cause Madden 12 won't sell a billion copies or anything. :/

[quote name='retail sucks']That's a lot work for just for a 1 in 8000 chance to win Madden 12. I already have it so count me out this month it will give others here a better chance of winning :)[/QUOTE]

HARDLY. You're either bad at contests/math or assume the best of people.

Before these events even start... there are many people who DO NOT do every challenge. Since the main demo here are families... its going to be somewhat common for them to miss stuff. So if they miss 1 week; then they're not going to get the full amount. There will be at least 100 people who do not hit the max no matter what the prize.

Next you have to keep in mind that not everyone is thrilled that the prize is random chance and thus they wont get the full amount. This isnt too shocking as many cags dont even have the will power to just DO all 990 points.

Of the remaining there will be many that avoid it because it's madden. This is because they dont want the game or have it already.

After this there are 100 prizes and so to make the ratio proper, you must first account for the 1:100 chance of winning. This would make the odds of you winning a minimal of 1.25%

[quote name='cruzadel']It's actually 100 in 8000 chance or 1/80. If I get 1, it goes straight to BB credit.[/QUOTE]

I meant 100 in 8000, sorry the stupidity of this month's rewards is effecting me & has my thinking off.

1 in 80 doesn't sound to bad, but damn the promo is called PlayStation Rewards not PlayStation Sweepstakes. :roll:

I sent a message about the complaints on the site to the House Party Twitter feed @HousePartyFun and this was the response:

"Thanks for the feedback! We'll definitely pass it along."

[quote name='retail sucks']I meant 100 in 8000, sorry the stupidity of this month's rewards is effecting me & has my thinking off.

1 in 80 doesn't sound to bad, but damn the promo is called PlayStation Rewards not PlayStation Sweepstakes. :roll:[/QUOTE]

That math presumes all 8,000 participants will reach the top tier of rewards. :razz:

[quote name='SmashMan']That math presumes all 8,000 participants will reach the top tier of rewards. :razz:[/QUOTE]

So, the chances are getting better. Maybe 1/60 or 1/40 at best?

Even so, they couldn't throw in 1000 copies? That would make it a good chance for us to get a prize. 100 is a far cry from the numbers they'd been giving away previously. The virtual stuff is 'virtually' free with bandwidth being the only cost to them and that's pennies considering how small the downloads are. Here's to hoping they're thinning the herd and give us 'hardcores' something better next month.

[quote name='djricekcn']My SWAG code is invalid and my A4O code was the SWAG set...what is happening?[/QUOTE]

House Party or Sony is messing up.

This plus September's rewards is IMO a good indication(+last month's halfway decent reward) that Sony is done with promo at least on a large scale or it's slowly coming to a close. It's up to 8,000 participants & now Sony isn't even sending a game to everyone, + the theme is a 3rd party game you have a chance to win?!

I'm grateful for the games I've received but I'm not into contests. I'd love to be wrong and after this month Sony start offering games again but I have Madden, and not participating means someone on CAG has more of a chance, I'm not greedy. Now If it were offered to all 8000 members I'd already have my challenges done and get the game for my brother.

Unfortunately, it would seem that the initial months were just to lure people in and get people interested. At this point, they're probably hoping that loyalty will be enough to get people to stick around.

bread's done
Back