Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='M3wThr33']Best guess is that it's Uncharted 3... given that a shitload of copies were given away in that Facebook contest.[/QUOTE]

That would be pretty awesome although I've yet to play 1 or 2 :cry: Guess if they do announce Uncharted 3 I'll have to run out and get me a copy.

While Uncharted 3 would be fantastic (wish I hadn't missed the FB contest) I'm crossing my fingers for Jak Collection myself, cuz otherwise I'm gonna need to buy that day 1 lol.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Best guess is that it's Uncharted 3... given that a shitload of copies were given away in that Facebook contest.[/QUOTE]i hope not cuz that games has been given away so many times , i myself have sold 3 copies of that game so far and 2 more copies on the way

If it's Uncharted 3, perfectly fine with me. Although I won two using the Facebook thing, I haven't played it yet. And if I wait for the Facebook sendoff of the games, I may not be playing it until July or however long it takes them to send it.

I won't be too picky. Whatever they give me. If it's UC3, I can sell it, if I actually won the FB contest one. If I don't get the e-mail, then I will keep it and play it.

Again this program has gone against logic countless times. That being said ALL other games that prize logic gave (that I know of) were given away at one point except for Uncharted 3 and standard GT 5 (unless XL was a typo and were going to get standard).

It could be LBP2 and Eyepet, since there's an announcement on House Party that asks for people's opinion on the games they've had a chance to try out from the rewards program, and those games are listed for some reason.

[quote name='sir-fly']i hope not cuz that games has been given away so many times , i myself have sold 3 copies of that game so far and 2 more copies on the way[/QUOTE]

Do you invest a lot of time into all this or you just lucky? When I see a contest/freebie and I might donate a few minutes of my time to try win/get something free but some users on the site seem like they have a tremendous amount of free time.

[quote name='skiizim']Do you invest a lot of time into all this or you just lucky? When I see a contest/freebie and I might donate a few minutes of my time to try win/get something free but some users on the site seem like they have a tremendous amount of free time.[/QUOTE]

Sony fucked up to an INSANE degree with find the ring. The contest was announced 2 days after it started, Slickdeals ignored it and CAG had it very close to the start. UNLIKE ANY OTHER CONTEST... the prizes were in preset spots and in preset amounts. This caused CAGS to locate and snag TONS of uncharted 3/CE copies. Atleast half of the Uncharted 3 CE's from the contest went to cags in that tread to put it in perspective. This is one reason so many people have several uncharted 3's. I got 3 myself too =\ (2 of which are CE's).

additionally anyone who actually read the thread a bit for the first 2 - 3 days had the chance to win a copy by simply matching pictures. There were plenty of people days later still winning off earlier posted images. Kinda sad on sony's part, but a HUGE win for cags =p

LMAO, I'm happy for you guys. I'm the lazy guy when it comes to these things, I finally clicked on the link yesterday only to see the contest was already dead. >_<

I really don't have that kind of luck to begin with so I know I didn't miss on anything. I was happy to win my Uncharted 3 Journal and Wrist Cuff a few months back though. Only prizes I netted last year were NBA2k12 thanks to House Party and the Uncharted stuff from Subway.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']They changed the Announcement page. It states, "Thank you for participating, see you January 9th."[/QUOTE]

They made us expect until 4th to tell it's going to start by 9th... and here I was all anxious with my heart beating fast... guess I have to store such excitement and use it properly whenever I see the girl I love :cool:

[quote name='M3wThr33']Best guess is that it's Uncharted 3... given that a shitload of copies were given away in that Facebook contest.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't complain... I couldn't get it on FB, didn't buy it on BF waiting for a complete version later this year... if they're really willing to get rid of some copies, I humbly accept one.

[quote name='Zmonkay']While Uncharted 3 would be fantastic (wish I hadn't missed the FB contest) I'm crossing my fingers for Jak Collection myself, cuz otherwise I'm gonna need to buy that day 1 lol.[/QUOTE]

I can't hope for both (not gonna happen, but a man can dream though) but any of those would make me happy... those and FFXIII-2 while FFX HD isn't released... but I really think that next month we might have a raffle for some PSVitas...

[quote name='admiralvic']Again this program has gone against logic countless times. That being said ALL other games that prize logic gave (that I know of) were given away at one point except for Uncharted 3 and standard GT 5 (unless XL was a typo and were going to get standard).[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's not a typo... it's probably a fancy name for Japan's GT5 Spec II, or something even more awesome maybe... and if it was a typo, it wouldn't be repeated on every page/PDF that mentioned the prizes...

[quote name='Gram']It could be LBP2 and Eyepet, since there's an announcement on House Party that asks for people's opinion on the games they've had a chance to try out from the rewards program, and those games are listed for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I said I'm not picky about what I get for free, but if it's going to be LBP2 and Eyepet... I would have to sell Eyepet since I didn't like that game... and the worst part is that it goes against my policy of "never sell or take any profit of what had been given to you"... let's keep hoping for some great titles or releases :D

[quote name='zennacko']

I'm pretty sure it's not a typo... it's probably a fancy name for Japan's GT5 Spec II, or something even more awesome maybe... and if it was a typo, it wouldn't be repeated on every page/PDF that mentioned the prizes...

[/QUOTE]

I know this and AM NOT doubting it exists... I am however saying that all prize logic games were given in this program at some point except for Uncharted 3. I noted GT 5 as different because they got the BASE game and were getting the "XL" one. I then noted that it is always possible to give us the standard one to keep up this theme too. Nothing more Nothing less...

[quote name='admiralvic']Sony fucked up to an INSANE degree with find the ring. The contest was announced 2 days after it started, Slickdeals ignored it and CAG had it very close to the start. UNLIKE ANY OTHER CONTEST... the prizes were in preset spots and in preset amounts. This caused CAGS to locate and snag TONS of uncharted 3/CE copies. Atleast half of the Uncharted 3 CE's from the contest went to cags in that tread to put it in perspective. This is one reason so many people have several uncharted 3's. I got 3 myself too =\ (2 of which are CE's).

additionally anyone who actually read the thread a bit for the first 2 - 3 days had the chance to win a copy by simply matching pictures. There were plenty of people days later still winning off earlier posted images. Kinda sad on sony's part, but a HUGE win for cags =p[/QUOTE]

I never looked into this contest. That's crazy. Oh well, lol. I sell snagged a copy for $10. Just the regular edition though. I'm waiting for it to show up in the mail.

[quote name='zennacko'] I'm pretty sure it's not a typo... it's probably a fancy name for Japan's GT5 Spec II, or something even more awesome maybe... and if it was a typo, it wouldn't be repeated on every page/PDF that mentioned the prizes...
[/QUOTE]

It seems real enough... here's the Amazon page:
http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Gran-Turi...ARN0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325737119&sr=8-1

Release date: 1/17/12
Blurb on cover: "Includes over $20 of Bonus Cars, Tracks, and more"

I called the January reward! Here's what they just listed:

What are the rewards for January?
For the January Gran Turismo® 5 XL Edition theme, the rewards are:
0 – 331 points: PlayStation® USB car charger
332 – 661 points: PlayStation® mini tool set light with LED light
662 – 990 points: Jak and Daxter Collection game

[quote name='Redeema']I called the January reward! Here's what they just listed:[/QUOTE]

That's pretty boss! I was going to pick this up once it popped up on my rewards site, but is much better. Thanks HouseParty!

Another awesome reward set :)
Unsure what the USB charger and Tool Set are going to be though, just a USB charger for your iPod & a Screwdriver/LED Light branded with the PS Logo?

Still waiting for my shipment confirmation on my Dec rewards.

Edit: Unlike previous months, the rewards for this month don't seem to stack. Usually they mention the higher tiers will receive that tier's reward & all previous tier rewards. This time they didn't.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Sweet, I'm pumped about the Jak & Daxter collection.

Does anyone know whether they've shipped GT5XL yet?[/QUOTE]

I just checked the tracking info, and I have nothing on the way yet. Probably next week some time.

I've been selling the last couple of games I've gotten (Not sure what i'm going to do about GT5). But there is no way I will be selling this game. Jak and Daxter was my favorite series on the PS2 and I can't wait to add it to my collection.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I just checked the tracking info, and I have nothing on the way yet. Probably next week some time.[/QUOTE]

Ah alright, thanks for the info.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Sweet, I'm pumped about the Jak & Daxter collection.

Does anyone know whether they've shipped GT5XL yet?[/QUOTE]

I signed up for the email notifications on the package tracking page. I haven't received am email yet, but that's the best way to go about it.

[quote name='Link2999']Another awesome reward set :)
Unsure what the USB charger and Tool Set are going to be though, just a USB charger for your iPod & a Screwdriver/LED Light branded with the PS Logo?

Still waiting for my shipment confirmation on my Dec rewards.

Edit: Unlike previous months, the rewards for this month don't seem to stack. Usually they mention the higher tiers will receive that tier's reward & all previous tier rewards. This time they didn't.[/QUOTE]

-facedesk- PLEASE do not start this sort of debate... I have gotten max points every month and have gotten every item listed, but the MLB side stuff. This was most likely opted out for Motorstorm Apoc anyways.

September 2011:
We got all prizes, but it only listed them per tiering.

October 2011:
We also got all prizes, but it only listed them per tiering.

Unless this is the first month to break that chain... they just didnt word it that way for whatever reason.

Crud just got real. So happy that we're getting the J&D Collection! Naughty Dog really needs to make another. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they are making a new IP, but it's been 7 years!

I wonder how many possible points there are? I'd hate to miss a poll question and not get the J&D Collection.

There's been some months with 1320 possible points and only needing 991 or more to get all the prizes.

Anyone know the answer to the 2nd poll question?

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I wonder how many possible points there are? I'd hate to miss a poll question and not get the J&D Collection.

There's been some months with 1320 possible points and only needing 991 or more to get all the prizes.

Anyone know the answer to the 2nd poll question?[/QUOTE]

330 a week. This seems like a 3 week month, so you just need the bare minimum over 2 max weeks, or 3 lazy weeks.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! This is the first game I would have bought anyway! Soooo happy right now. Jak and Daxter was my frist PS2 game, and still one of my faves. Jak 2 is ok, but Jak 3 is pretty tight. Woo-Hoo!

[quote name='Zmonkay']YES YES YES YES YES!!!! This is the first game I would have bought anyway! Soooo happy right now. Jak and Daxter was my frist PS2 game, and still one of my faves. Jak 2 is ok, but Jak 3 is pretty tight. Woo-Hoo![/QUOTE]
i hope craigslist feels that way about the game

It sure seems like they aren't giving out the prizes they apparently intended to.
Last month had Eyepet and LBP2 banners and they gave out GT5XL (plus the survey that insinuated that LBP2 and Eyepet were a prize in the past) and this month they have GT5XL banners and are giving out Jak and Daxter Collection. Maybe next month there will be Jak and Daxter banners and they'll give out something else completely unrelated.

It's been that way for quite a while, actually. Aside from LBP2 and Eyepet, the prizes for one month usually come before the theme of the following month.

Yeah, I've been eying the PS2 games for awhile since they are so cheap and I've never played them, so getting HD versions is pretty great.

I was interested in this collection, too, so hopefully I don't forget this month like the prior two months. At least it's a short month so less chances to forget.

yeah that's awesome new games a few months in a row.
just in the past few months we have had infamous 2, carnival and deadmund's move games, now gt 5 xl and jak/daxter combo, that's awesome.
ratchet crack in time was a lil odd, but still a great game. woot ps rewards.

also wow, only 662 points needed for the game, thought it would be another over 1000 points game

I didn't play the series on PS2 truthfully and I have a bunch of games I need so I'll probably trade it but great prize, I like that their giving out new releases. and it isn't another Move themed game, I'm sick of those.

bread's done
Back