Playstation Rewards program is back!

Any news on when we'll get our copys of GT5 XL. I know the release date is Jan 17th but I swear I got my copy of Everybody Dance from them earlier than its street date.

Whoa, just as I hoped for... (not really, was looking for something else too but I'm not complaining...)
Anyway, as far as it seems we're not getting the whole swag by reaching tier 3, just the best part of it... unlike last month's task chart and post, this month's only mentions Jak Collection for Tier 3... unless we were supposed to understand/know that this is and will always be a pyramid system and once we reach the top, we get everything below us as well

[quote name='finsfan0210']Any news on when we'll get our copys of GT5 XL. I know the release date is Jan 17th but I swear I got my copy of Everybody Dance from them earlier than its street date.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the prize was announced like 2 weeks before release, but we were already into release by the time they shipped.

@ Tsel

They gave Littlebigplanet 2 in the past, but not Eyepet. Not that it really matters as the more they mess up the more this program makes no sense.

@ Zenacko

I pointed out other months had singular mentions and we got them all. The only month it DIDNT happen was MLB (first) and that was most likely due to motorstorm.

I wonder with two straight "new release" games in a row, if they'll continue the trend with MLB12 next month, similar setup as this month's game but we received MLB11 last year. Here's hoping, anyway.

[quote name='warpedsoul']AWESOME!!!! Was hoping for Uncharted 3, but NOT complaining!!! I missed out on the Jax series on PS2. Perfect way to catch up![/QUOTE]

... and I thought I could only find Jax in Mortal kombat :cool:

[quote name='admiralvic']I am pretty sure the prize was announced like 2 weeks before release, but we were already into release by the time they shipped.

@ Zennacko

I pointed out other months had singular mentions and we got them all. The only month it DIDNT happen was MLB (first) and that was most likely due to motorstorm.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, hope they don't try to save some money with car chargers and tool kits then :D

[quote name='SolarUxie']If my application for being a host is still being processed can i get points yet or no?[/QUOTE]

Probably not... when I joined the Rewards program I had to wait for an e-mail telling me that my application was approved and that I was in (sad part: too late for Everybody Dance, good part: right on the time for GT5 XL and LBP Plushie!)

[quote name='Foladar']I wonder with two straight "new release" games in a row, if they'll continue the trend with MLB12 next month, similar setup as this month's game but we received MLB11 last year. Here's hoping, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Don't take me wrong but I'd rather see another game instead of MLB... I'm not a big fan of baseball myself and looks like Sony is giving more value to their exclusives (blame Xbox for getting MGS HD collection and making Sony give you (I wasn't there...) another game instead), given by the games they gave these months... so if MLB is going to be multi-platform, they might add something else... maybe even FFXIII-2 (yea, a man can dream :cry: )

[quote name='Foladar']I wonder with two straight "new release" games in a row, if they'll continue the trend with MLB12 next month, similar setup as this month's game but we received MLB11 last year. Here's hoping, anyway.[/QUOTE]

This version of the program ends after March, right? That would be a nice way to sort of bookend the program.

[quote name='SmashMan']This version of the program ends after March, right? That would be a nice way to sort of bookend the program.[/QUOTE]

I just hope they extend it to 2013... and don't include Vita rewards, only PS3 :D , and maybe we can get MGS Rising and FFX HD when it's released :cool:

Ok, I may be a little retarded. Everytime I go to the site, I can never find "my party", but I just got this email:

Enjoy family time with Gran Turismo® 5 XL Edition

Reminder: This is not a physical party (no Party Pack), but rather an online experience. You'll notice this event under "Parties I'm hosting" on My Home.

This month’s PlayStation® Online Rewards Program is sure to get your engine going as it features Gran Turismo® 5 XL Edition, the real driving simulator.
A new theme and new games also mean new challenges and your family’s chance to score awesome prizes. Earn enough points and you could receive:

• 0 – 331 points: PlayStation® USB car charger
  • 332 – 661 points: PlayStation® mini tool set light with LED light
  • 662 – 990 points: Jak and Daxter Collection game

They always tell me there are no party packs for my parties. Am I in the same thing as you guys? How are you guys getting stuff? Do you have to rack up these points on the PSN? I don't even own Gran Turismo 5!?

[quote name='slowdive21']Ok, I may be a little retarded. Everytime I go to the site, I can never find "my party", but I just got this email:

They always tell me there are no party packs for my parties. Am I in the same thing as you guys? How are you guys getting stuff? Do you have to rack up these points on the PSN? I don't even own Gran Turismo 5!?[/QUOTE]

http://www.houseparty.com/brand/pscentral Head there and perform the listed tasks.

All of the items are under the FAQ

[quote name='slowdive21']I don't know. I logged into psn on my computer and answered a poll question on the house party site and I didn't get any points.[/QUOTE]

The program has nothing to do with PSN... just that link I gave you.

[quote name='admiralvic']The program has nothing to do with PSN... just that link I gave you.[/QUOTE]

That link says I am a host, then it lets me answer polls and the polls say you have to be logged in to psn. It doesn't say if I have to be on my computer or on my console, but I would think it would be on the computer right?

[quote name='skiizim']It takes some time for the points to apply.[/QUOTE]

I saw that under the FAQs. Hopefully they will actually show up this time.

I always do it on my computer, I think it says check psn or something along that line for the correct answer, also says that only one poll question has a right answer (1st one) while the rest don't have one.

[quote name='skiizim']I always do it on my computer, I think it says check psn or something along that line for the correct answer, also says that only one poll question has a right answer (1st one) while the rest don't have one.[/QUOTE]

OK thanks for the help!

As far as I know, you don't even have to HAVE PSN or a PS3, for that matter. Everything can be done right on the computer.

[quote name='Tsel']As far as I know, you don't even have to HAVE PSN or a PS3, for that matter. Everything can be done right on the computer.[/QUOTE]

Their site is not intuitive. I have to make 7 clicks to find the page I am looking for. So where are you guys getting pics? Are you actually taking pictures of you playing the game or can you just upload any pic?

[quote name='slowdive21']Ok, I may be a little retarded. Everytime I go to the site, I can never find "my party", but I just got this email:

They always tell me there are no party packs for my parties. Am I in the same thing as you guys? How are you guys getting stuff? Do you have to rack up these points on the PSN? I don't even own Gran Turismo 5!?[/QUOTE]

They tell there's no party pack because you aren't required to have an actual party with friends and whoever you invite... it's a virtual party where you can have some fun posting photos, blog posts, answering to Sony's posts, polls and other hosts' posts as well and after you did all of these, you got your 330 points. And yes, I got that too...

I don't know how am I getting anything because I was accepted last month so I have to wait a little more... but the reason as to "why is Sony being so kind with us" is simple to me: They might be sponsored by Netflix/Vudu/Hulu AND they give away their exclusives to us in order to have a free QA (Quality Assurance ) test with actual players, instead of paying lots of money for surveys that attracts lots of liars... No, they just send you the game, if you prove your worth and interest to them, and later on they can come and ask how do we like it (like they did this month asking about these 4 games...) and BAM, free QA test gold trophy obtained.

No, you don't have to log in your PSN account to do anything... you're just asked for your ID when you're applying to the party, after that, no more PSN IDs asked... you can answer the polls just by logging in House Party website as usual.

Well, you don't own GT5, but with a little help from the community and a little research you can get your 330 points easily... I mean, I didn't know lots of answers for the polls last month, but I could search a little and I would always be on the winning side! As for the blog-related questions, just do some research(on what people there are saying, some other forums about GT5 and the old Wiki) and you'll be fine... Sometimes we need to do a little research, sometimes we need to make up a best-seller story... As for the photos, either you follow their instructions, or do the other way, post 2 pictures, ANY picture that you could show your grandma (like they say when we're writing...) and you're fine there too.

[quote name='slowdive21']Their site is not intuitive. I have to make 7 clicks to find the page I am looking for. So where are you guys getting pics? Are you actually taking pictures of you playing the game or can you just upload any pic?[/QUOTE]

Just keep 2 House Party tabs opened with the following links:

http://www.houseparty.com/event/psrewards2011 -> this one in order to receive updates on the program, to see Sony's posts and then, do what you're supposed to do to get your stuff.

http://www.houseparty.com/pscentral -> this one just to keep track of your points... it took me 2 hours to reach 330 this week...

As for the pics... google is your best friend... just get regular screenshots of the game to avoid looking like a greedy guy... :cool:

[quote name='zennacko']They tell there's no party pack because you aren't required to have an actual party with friends and whoever you invite... it's a virtual party where you can have some fun posting photos, blog posts, answering to Sony's posts, polls and other hosts' posts as well and after you did all of these, you got your 330 points. And yes, I got that too...

I don't know how am I getting anything because I was accepted last month so I have to wait a little more... but the reason as to "why is Sony being so kind with us" is simple to me: They might be sponsored by Netflix/Vudu/Hulu AND they give away their exclusives to us in order to have a free QA (Quality Assurance ) test with actual players, instead of paying lots of money for surveys that attracts lots of liars... No, they just send you the game, if you prove your worth and interest to them, and later on they can come and ask how do we like it (like they did this month asking about these 4 games...) and BAM, free QA test gold trophy obtained.

No, you don't have to log in your PSN account to do anything... you're just asked for your ID when you're applying to the party, after that, no more PSN IDs asked... you can answer the polls just by logging in House Party website as usual.

Well, you don't own GT5, but with a little help from the community and a little research you can get your 330 points easily... I mean, I didn't know lots of answers for the polls last month, but I could search a little and I would always be on the winning side! As for the blog-related questions, just do some research(on what people there are saying, some other forums about GT5 and the old Wiki) and you'll be fine... Sometimes we need to do a little research, sometimes we need to make up a best-seller story... As for the photos, either you follow their instructions, or do the other way, post 2 pictures, ANY picture that you could show your grandma (like they say when we're writing...) and you're fine there too.[/QUOTE]

Poll answers don't matter, but if you're worried simply view the results and refresh the page.

[quote name='admiralvic']Poll answers don't matter, but if you're worried simply view the results and refresh the page.[/QUOTE]

I do that actually... and some of them matters AFAIK (the ones that you can be wrong, like "how many cars you can drive on GT5 XL?")

[quote name='Tsel']It took you 2 hours to reach 330 points? It takes me no more than 5 minutes...[/QUOTE]

Slow computer + enjoying some family fun time + slow computer + wait until your points are given = 2h.

And BTW, I think we might be getting Mortal Kombat Komplete for the next month (or March?) unless they release another exclusives these months....

I spent over a hour last night and I can't find a sponsored post. I am using this link from the op:

Comment on a Sponsored Post:
You need to reply to Sony's topics. These will appear to the right on the "My Party" page. Post 3 replies and you're done. In the event you cant find this post its also located here.

It just brings me to a general page that lists all of the parties.

[quote name='slowdive21']I spent over a hour last night and I can't find a sponsored post. I am using this link from the op:

Comment on a Sponsored Post:
You need to reply to Sony's topics. These will appear to the right on the "My Party" page. Post 3 replies and you're done. In the event you cant find this post its also located here.

It just brings me to a general page that lists all of the parties.[/QUOTE]

Conversations > Announcements

[quote name='zennacko']Slow computer + enjoying some family fun time + slow computer + wait until your points are given = 2h.

And BTW, I think we might be getting Mortal Kombat Komplete for the next month (or March?) unless they release another exclusives these months....[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes more sense then.

I highly doubt we'll be getting Mortal Kombat. Every game, aside from Infamous 2, has been family friendly. They're not gonna give us a mature rated game such as Mortal Kombat, as much as I'd love it.

Not necessarily. Lately they have been but in the beginning they weren't. MLB 11: The Show, Infamous 2, Madden 12, NBA 2K12, LittleBigPlanet 2 are all examples of $60 games they've given away. I don't think there are any big Move titles releasing next month, so I can't see them giving one away.

[quote name='admiralvic']Were speculating a month early now?...[/QUOTE]

Not quite... it was just a dream of mine... but last time we speculated, most of us were actually right though :D

[quote name='Tsel']Ah, that makes more sense then.

I highly doubt we'll be getting Mortal Kombat. Every game, aside from Infamous 2, has been family friendly. They're not gonna give us a mature rated game such as Mortal Kombat, as much as I'd love it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the "grandma rule" of House Party makes it impossible... but it looks like they like giving us their exclusives and I don't know which other exclusive will be released by February-March... however, they could just throw an "older" game (released in 2011?)... anyway, I just hope they don't come throwing sports games... (like NBA, MLB, Madden, NHL...) not only because I'm not a fan of these but because there may be better games around...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='admiralvic']Were speculating a month early now?...[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with speculating? Keeps the discussion going. It's better than "I got my points" and "When is last month's prize being shipped?".

[quote name='Tsel']What's wrong with speculating? Keeps the discussion going. It's better than "I got my points" and "When is last month's prize being shipped?".[/QUOTE]

Not a lot of logic is used by the program... so it could be anything from a launch title to something we never heard of lol

[quote name='Tsel']What's wrong with speculating? Keeps the discussion going. It's better than "I got my points" and "When is last month's prize being shipped?".[/QUOTE]
speaking of . I got my points!

[quote name='Tsel']Not necessarily. Lately they have been but in the beginning they weren't. MLB 11: The Show, Infamous 2, Madden 12, NBA 2K12, LittleBigPlanet 2 are all examples of $60 games they've given away. I don't think there are any big Move titles releasing next month, so I can't see them giving one away.[/QUOTE]
they have tripled the amount of host since then or is the host spots a typo and 2 of the games u listed only 100 people got those

Just got the e-mail that December's rewards should be shipping around the 11th of January (Tomorrow). Good to hear. :)

[quote name='admiralvic']Not a lot of logic is used by the program... so it could be anything from a launch title to something we never heard of lol[/QUOTE]
I know, but it's still fun. :)
[quote name='sir-fly']they have tripled the amount of host since then or is the host spots a typo and 2 of the games u listed only 100 people got those[/QUOTE]

Still, that's not the point. Just because they've been giving away $40 games doesn't mean next month is guaranteed to be a Move game. There's hardly any PlayStation Move games coming out in the next few months anyway, aside from Sorcery.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Nice. I usually get my games the day after they ship. My daughter is going to love the plush too.[/QUOTE]

For me it's more like a week after.
They like to ship mine later than others and it takes longer to get here too.

Just joined the house party and applied to host (filled in PSN ID and all that questionaire). What's my next step now? I'm a little confused in that website and not sure if I ever got selected.

In that psrewards2011 page, it says "You’ve applied to host. Check your host status" in the yellow box on the right. Am I in and can I actually start earning points?http://www.houseparty.com/applications/view/3980636

bread's done
Back