Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='Nimrod4431']Where is the dang party talk posts.. how to comment and post a new one. This website is not very welcoming[/QUOTE]

Any post made by a user rather than the sony thing counts as a party talk post the link in the op should take you there. Just respond to any topic doesn't matter which.

Anyways not sure what I'm hoping for but Sorcery would be an instant sell off since I got rid of the move ages ago.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^They've only given out Sony published games. So TW 13 isn't happening unless it's a giveaway.[/QUOTE]
Which is what could happen (not saying it will; I just wouldn't be surprised). When they had the Madden 12 giveaway, there was no other game.

It's the last month they need to go out with a bang!

* 0 – 660 points: 32 GB PS Vita Memory Card
* 661 – 1000 points: 32 GB PS Vita Memory Card and Uncharted: Golden Abyss Game
* 1001+ points: 32 GB PS Vita Memory Card, Uncharted: Golden Abyss Game and a Playstation Vita.

:lol: Would be awesome lol, seriously though I'd be happy with Sorcery or Tiger Woods.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was Street Fighter x Tekken either, Sony seems to be promoting that a lot. Just not Uncharted 3, I have had 3 copies of that game.

[quote name='diplo']It's the last month they need to go out with a bang!

* 1001+ points: 32 GB PS Vita Memory Card, Uncharted: Golden Abyss Game and a Playstation Vita.

:lol: Would be awesome lol, seriously though I'd be happy with Sorcery or Tiger Woods.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was Street Fighter x Tekken either, Sony seems to be promoting that a lot. Just not Uncharted 3, I have had 3 copies of that game.[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE for it to be SF X Tekken it would be the first game from this program I wanted / didnt have. However... I can't see a family oriented program giving a fighting game. They've done weirder moves (infamous), but I just dont see it. Also doesn't help its a Capcom title so it would most likely be a raffle if it happened.

[quote name='frogsnouts']Has anyone had any success trading these games into Amazon? Best Buy never cares about the scratched bar code, but would Amazon?[/QUOTE]

sigh~ why must we ask such questions ~_~...

This stuff is hit and miss like anything else. I've traded some of these to gamestop no problem and others grilled me about the scratch. In the end you can try and it could work and it could not work. All depends on who is doing it and how much they care.

UPDATE: I'm now able to log in so it must have been a glitch early this morning.

Also, I just sent in Medieval Moves and Carnival Island from a few months ago and it worked.

[quote name='admiralvic']I would LOVE for it to be SF X Tekken it would be the first game from this program I wanted / didnt have. However... I can't see a family oriented program giving a fighting game. They've done weirder moves (infamous), but I just dont see it. Also doesn't help its a Capcom title so it would most likely be a raffle if it happened.[/QUOTE]

It is a long shot, but I think it can be a possibility. It's still only T rated, and like I said Sony seems to be promoting it a lot. It's got the a pre-order/game in playstation home, it was the center of this weeks episode in the tester. and on the playstation twitter.

I hope they announce this months game at midnight.

[quote name='diplo']I hope they announce this months game at midnight.[/QUOTE]

I think one of the "earn your points/Final week!" emails this week said new theme starts March 2.

[quote name='SmashMan']I think one of the "earn your points/Final week!" emails this week said new theme starts March 2.[/QUOTE]

you're right, for some reason i got the days mixed up. ssx is def a possibility too

[quote name='Wario64']Watch it'll be a redeem code for Journey[/QUOTE]

Now that I would like. Loved fl0w and Flower, just wished they would have called their next game Flowest. Maybe its in development...

Actually SFXTekken isn't that far out there now that you mention it. It's multiplayer, only rated Teen (not Mature at least), and on PS3 has what, like 4 exclusive characters? Clearly Sony is heavily involved with it.

[quote name='diplo']It's the last month they need to go out with a bang!

I wouldn't be suprised if it was Street Fighter x Tekken either, Sony seems to be promoting that a lot. Just not Uncharted 3, I have had 3 copies of that game.[/QUOTE]

I would seriously be a happy camper if this was the case! I was talking to my friend about this program because I saw her post regarding throwing a House Party. She mentioned maybe they would do this program again, but they could switch platforms.(I was thinking the Vita) If that was the case, hell I'd go buy one. Lol. We'll have to wait and see though.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Actually SFXTekken isn't that far out there now that you mention it. It's multiplayer, only rated Teen (not Mature at least), and on PS3 has what, like 4 exclusive characters? Clearly Sony is heavily involved with it.[/QUOTE]

Capcom approached M$ with a similar deal, but they were too busy to hammer out who would appear in the game.

@ CheapAssHustla

Counting every Playstation Vita, I can only think of 12 Sony Published vita titles. While this would cover a year... you have to consider that theres no real reason to give away some of these games MONTHS after they release. While we DID get Ratchet, which was several years old. That was to hype all 4 one and ironically was most likely given as all 4 one was a god awful disgrace for the series. The ONLY highlight was the fact I got like 40,000 views on youtube xD.

[quote name='nbballard']Last month?[/QUOTE]

March is the last month of the Playstation Rewards program on House Party. There is always a chance that Sony will continue their partnership with House Party, but there is no guarantee. March may be the last month of our free games.

Technically it's the last month of the "2011" rewards program, so hopefully they will transition to a 2012 version and keep going. Seems like this iteration of the party was listed starting this month last year, and it existed before that, so I think there's a pretty good shot.

Edit: The previous iteration lists January as the dates, but then has a message in April saying they moved:

PlayStation® Online VIP Gaming Rewards Program

SPONSOR:
House Party
PARTY DATE:
Tuesday, January 04 — Monday, January 31, 2011

We've Moved! on 04/15/2011 posted by PS3 blog icon 1 Comments
The PlayStation® Online Rewards Program is up and running for 2011 at our new digs. Head over to our new site and start racking up the points!

I really don't remember, but who knows... oh, right! There was a gap of a few months back then.

Look for a New PlayStation® online community in early spring on 01/28/2011 posted by Spotlight 125 Comments
Thanks for being part of the PlayStation® online community. To make it better for you, we’re redesigning it and we want your input! What games, rewards, and other enhancements would you like to see? Leave a comment and let us know!

The community will go down at the end of this month so we can get to work right away.

The new site will be up and running in early spring, so stay tuned for more!

So yeah, it lasted right about a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an announcement saying

"Thanks for all the action! We hope you had fun earning points and rewards!

Come back on March 2nd when we go live with a whole new theme, challenges and rewards!"

So I guess we'll see what is up tomorrow...

While the odds are high/extremely likely that it'll be something like Sorcery or Tiger Woods, I just wanted to get people's hopes up by pointing out that Street Fighter X Tekken was featured in the PSN show The Tester, and there's a fully fleshed out home space for Street Fighter X Tekken in Playstation Home.

End of getting people's hopes up prematurely. Haha... Hopes.

This was my first month participating. Do you have to re-apply each month or do you automatically roll into the next promotion?

[quote name='jayhest']This was my first month participating. Do you have to re-apply each month or do you automatically roll into the next promotion?[/QUOTE]

You automatically roll over each month. The party is ending this month though, so if they start up again afterwords we may have to re-apply or we might automatically roll over.

[quote name='jayhest']This was my first month participating. Do you have to re-apply each month or do you automatically roll into the next promotion?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to re-apply each month, but this coming period is the last month for this party as a whole, so beyond that if they do decide to do it again, you will likely have to.

[quote name='admiralvic']Capcom approached M$ with a similar deal, but they were too busy to hammer out who would appear in the game.

@ CheapAssHustla

Counting every Playstation Vita, I can only think of 12 Sony Published vita titles. While this would cover a year... you have to consider that theres no real reason to give away some of these games MONTHS after they release. While we DID get Ratchet, which was several years old. That was to hype all 4 one and ironically was most likely given as all 4 one was a god awful disgrace for the series. The ONLY highlight was the fact I got like 40,000 views on youtube xD.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's pretty awesome man. I'm just saying though. If they did a program for Vita games, I would definitely grab a Vita. They hardware is amazing, and I could get some games on the cheap. That type of program would push me over the edge.

Yay that was my first month doing this! I feel like a total noob for asking this, but should we have received an e-mail or anything asking about our shipping information? I wasn't sure how I actually use the points I earned to cash out on the prizes. Thanks:D this thread has been much help

[quote name='Ellahjay88']Yay that was my first month doing this! I feel like a total noob for asking this, but should we have received an e-mail or anything asking about our shipping information? I wasn't sure how I actually use the points I earned to cash out on the prizes. Thanks:D this thread has been much help[/QUOTE]

You should have already entered your shipping info on the HouseParty site. They will just use that. They send out emails when they ship prizes/delay shipments/etc., but they don't email asking for shipping info.

You don't actually spend the points. You just earn them and based on how many you have will determine what prize(s) you receive.

Hope that helps!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']You should have already entered your shipping info on the HouseParty site. They will just use that. They send out emails when they ship prizes/delay shipments/etc., but they don't email asking for shipping info.

You don't actually spend the points. You just earn them and based on how many you have will determine what prize(s) you receive.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

Yes it does greatly lol thanks for that information!

House Party is down, so either they're updating or their server got raped.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']You automatically roll over each month. The party is ending this month though, so if they start up again afterwords we may have to re-apply or we might automatically roll over.[/QUOTE]
Re-applying would make much more sense as I'm sure they probably don't want to waste time, money, and energy sending more Tier 1 prizes to people who don't participate.

[quote name='ZombieToast']House Party is down, so either they're updating or their server got raped.

Re-applying would make much more sense as I'm sure they probably don't want to waste time, money, and energy sending more Tier 1 prizes to people who don't participate.[/QUOTE]

I got an e-mail this morning as well saying that there is a blue bunny house party you can apply for... maybe all of us ice cream lovers took the site down ;)

[quote name='ZombieToast']Re-applying would make much more sense as I'm sure they probably don't want to waste time, money, and energy sending more Tier 1 prizes to people who don't participate.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

They generally don't send prizes to people with 0 points.
I missed all of them except the sackboy plush and that's because i specifically asked them for it

They updated the Admin account just a few minutes ago with all the MLB The Show banners/front pics for this month. I guess they smartened up because before they would put up photos of the current months prize. Hopefully an update is coming soon since they did that account.

ps3_mlb12_media8_2012_02_29_vc.jpg

Is the more interesting one..

"Playstation and House Party THANK
amazing community for an amazing"

Possible confirmation of final month? The maximized picture just brings up a parameter error.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BiggyP2P']

Is the more interesting one..

"Playstation and House Party THANK
amazing community for an amazing"

Possible confirmation of final month? The maximized picture just brings up a parameter error.[/QUOTE]

Just change the "x-small" in the URL to "large"

[quote name='SmashMan']Just change the "x-small" in the URL to "large"

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I knew that -.-. Too early plus swam too much this morning ;)

0 – 661 Points: PlayStation® Koozie
662 – 1000 points: PlayStation® Collector’s Item & PlayStation® Koozie
1001+ points: UNCHARTED 3 PS3 game, LittleBIGPlanet2 PS3 game, PlayStation® Collector’s Item & PlayStation® Koozie

Here are the prizes folks!

0 – 661 points: PlayStation® Koozie
1001+ points: UNCHARTED 3 PS3 game, LittleBIGPlanet2 PS3 game, PlayStation® Collector’s Item & PlayStation® Koozie

[quote name='PieterMc']0 – 661 Points: PlayStation® Koozie
1001+ points: UNCHARTED 3 PS3 game, LittleBIGPlanet2 PS3 game, PlayStation® Collector’s Item & PlayStation® Koozie[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I already own Uncharted 3 so I'll give this copy to my dad. Thanks again.

[quote name='PieterMc']0 – 661 Points: PlayStation® Koozie
1001+ points: UNCHARTED 3 PS3 game, LittleBIGPlanet2 PS3 game, PlayStation® Collector’s Item & PlayStation® Koozie[/QUOTE]
wow sony has already given me like 6 copies of uncharted 3. i just got 2 more copys of uncharted 3 in the mail today

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Here are the prizes folks!

0 – 661 points: PlayStation® Koozie

All I can think is they seem desperate to give away LBP2 this will be the third case of selling off a version of that game. Hell I have no use for either so I'll end up selling both.

bread's done
Back