Playstation TV for $79.99 (base) / $99.99 (bundle) on Amazon

DarkonJohn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
PlayStation TV $79.99

PlayStation TV DualShock 3 Bundle $99.99

I've been considering getting a Playstation TV so I could play my PS4 games on a second TV at home and while I was browsing the prices on Amazon their price dropped $20 for the base model and $40 for the bundle (with controller, 8GB card and game).

I was hoping for a Black Friday deal, but I decided to bite on the bundle at that price. Hopefully with a wired connection I won't have any lag/connection issues some people have reported when using WiFi connections.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read some reviews that after one of the new updates the PS4 remote play is working a lot better.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Does anyone know if Tales of Hearts R is compatible with this thing? THe official compatibility list by Sony does not list it, but theres gameplay of it on youtube on a playstation TV, and others also mention playing it, but It may be only for the japanese vita TV

Does anyone know if Tales of Hearts R is compatible with this thing? THe official compatibility list by Sony does not list it, but theres gameplay of it on youtube on a playstation TV, and others also mention playing it, but It may be only for the japanese vita TV
It is compatible. I've got a list in the Vita forum to try to keep track of the compatible games for PS TV.

Can I use my current Vita memory card for both the Vita and PSTV (swap it back and forth)? I really don't want to keep track of two lists of games, or deal with the tiny 8g included in the bundle.

Can I use my current Vita memory card for both the Vita and PSTV (swap it back and forth)? I really don't want to keep track of two lists of games, or deal with the tiny 8g included in the bundle.
Yes you can use the same card. The database will reload each time you swap the card out and you will have to link your psn account to the ps tv to play downloaded games. Logging into the vita or ps tv will log you out of the other device.

Have not set it up yet but I think I will use a dedicated card for ps tv with just games that are compatable. If I had a 64 gb card I might think otherwise. Hope gamestop has the $40 32gb card again this year as I was mew to vita and did not know they do not hit that price very often.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone think either of these will drop any further? I don't want to miss out on this because they choose to discontinue it really quick or something

Is the remote play for PS4 any good? I'm considering this as a cheap way to play PS4 in other rooms of the house.
Unless you have blazing high speed internet or plan to use an ethernet cord and plug in directly then it's meh. The small lag delay kills all FPS games in general. You can probably get away with LBP3 though

bread's done
Back