Playstation Vita Taco Bell Giveaway - Starts January 26th

Like i said im in canada and we cant even dl the app it seems but if any CAG needs help in some way by voting or such, just ask :) would be happy to help a member win something this cool :)

[quote name='CBas92']I just realized something. CAGs can help each other win the challenge part since it's based entirely on votes.

There's 3 winners a week for the length of the contest. If we all vote for one another and in a sense "take turns" with wins, no disappointments :D[/QUOTE]

would work in theory but way to many cags to make it feasible

Just entered the picture contest. Think the easiest day to win would be today as it's getting rolled out today? Also, how would one go about buying extra boxes? I see in one of the photo some dude has like 10 boxes there.. did he just buy 10 $5 boxes or do some let it slide at a discounted rate?

Argh my stomach is gonna hate me.

Are there any ways to get free multi-use codes like the ones from Subway's Uncharted 3 contest?

Here's a way to get 1 free code if you want
For one (1) free Code by mail, while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped business size (#10) envelope to: Taco Bell Big Box Request, P. O. Box 9319, Medford, NY 11763-9319, postmarked by 3/1/12 and received by 3/5/12. Limit one (1) free Code per request per stamped outer envelope. VT residents may omit stamp.

I'm gonna be mad if I start eating this crap and I buy the box one day and they don't give me the box with the code on it. I've had that happen at other places before.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Surprised no one has posted this yet. Taco Bell and Sony are giving away a PS Vita every 15 minutes from January 26th through March 11th. My math tells me that's something like 4320 4416 giveaways.

VIA http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/10/taco-bell-ps-vita/

This sounds very similar to the Burger King Xbox Kinect giveaway about a year ago, so we can only hope there's some kind of free code method like that one had.

Here is the description from the Playstation blog on the 3 ways to win:

UNLOCK THE BOX: Beginning January 26th, Taco Bell’s specially marked $5 Buck Box – which includes a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Crunchy Taco, Burrito Supreme and medium fountain drink – will also provide a code that can be entered online for an instant chance to “unlock” and win a PS Vita.

BATTLE: Download Taco Bell’s new mobile app to check out the exclusively designed Reality Fighters Dojo game where you can “battle” your friends to win a PS Vita.

BOAST: Taco Bell’s online contest will encourage you to submit a photo or video “boasting” about what you’re willing to do for a PS Vita. Submissions will then go into an online gallery where you and your peers can vote for the winners – it could be you!

I'll convert this over to wiki mode if we start finding free codes.[/QUOTE]

Contest is now live:

http://unlock.tacobell.com/

iOS App - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/taco-...7361?ls=1&mt=8

Android App - https://market.android.com/details?i...tacobell&hl=en

I decided to play off the male vote and posted an old picture of myself with some hot chicks with the tag line "I would give you free women"

So feel free to vote for me if it gets approved :p

In the android marketplace you need to type in Taco Bell Mobile for it to come up in search, otherwise you get some third party junk, at least that happened on my Galaxy S2.

It should be the case that entering in the middle of the night will yield a slightly higher chance to win. Whenever one of the random predetermined times hits, whoever enters a code on or after will win. There is more likely to be a larger window when the US of A is mostly asleep. I'm assuming thats how it works at least.

[quote name='Redeema']In the android marketplace you need to type in Taco Bell Mobile for it to come up in search, otherwise you get some third party junk, at least that happened on my Galaxy S2.[/QUOTE]

Mine (Galaxy S) says unsupported.

A print-out of the $5 box works. It just looks for the tilted Vita on the top.
The AR game has an instant win entry at the end, but... I can't get it to go past the "Try Your Luck" button.
(Tried on my Evo 3D. I'll try my iPod Touch and Galaxy S II tonight)

[quote name='M3wThr33']A print-out of the $5 box works. It just looks for the tilted Vita on the top.
The AR game has an instant win entry at the end, but... I can't get it to go past the "Try Your Luck" button.
(Tried on my Evo 3D. I'll try my iPod Touch and Galaxy S II tonight)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can confirm there's no AR code on the box to scan as I have one right by me. Can't get mine to go past the luck box either on an iPhone 4.

[quote name='M3wThr33']A print-out of the $5 box works. It just looks for the tilted Vita on the top.
How do you get a print out of the box with the code?

Friend says you can just point the camera at the screenshot of the box (from the Battle page). Don't think he printed it out.

[quote name='CBas92']Does anyone else have the same 22 pics in the gallery since last night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Good to know they haven't updated since last night I guess. I bet they only review the submissions once a day and then there will be a flood of new pics tonight.

Can't get it to work either. On iPhone 4

Also I displayed the battle box with my iPad and it worked, no need to print out. Made a screenshot for future reference

Seriously, the PICTURE of the example box is enough. I enlarged it before I printed it. Just nice to have on hand, not needing to go to the site.

But... as that page isn't progressing, it's useless right now...

[quote name='M3wThr33']Seriously, the PICTURE of the example box is enough. I enlarged it before I printed it. Just nice to have on hand, not needing to go to the site.

But... as that page isn't progressing, it's useless right now...[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you guys are using the picture for? Is it a smartphone only thing?

http://i.imgur.com/J7kf3.jpg

Just took that picture and tried it.. and it works. You have to hold the phone up to the picture while playing the game though as I guess the top is the AR part and it only works on that (at least for me).

Right now the Luck button does seem bugged.. but you can use that photo for future entries. The code's been used already so don't try that ;) (If it's even readable)

Edit: Edited out the photo and placed the link.. since it's freakishly big.

Edit 2: Instructions to do all this. Go to your phone's app store (Android or iPhone/iPod Touch (not sure if iPod Touch will work due to phone number part)) and download the Taco Bell AR Gaming Experience app (Search for Taco Bell and it should pop up). Once downloaded, open it up and it should ask you to place the $5 Box within the box window it has. Then hold the phone up to this photo and it'll read it from that and start the game. The game score does not matter from what I can tell. Could even just die quickly and move on to the next screen which has 3-4 options. One of them is "Win a PS Vita (or something like that). Click that and it will ask for email address and phone number. Once the "Luck" button is fixed.. check the first two boxes agreeing to terms and that you are 18+ and then click that button.

That's how easy it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='M3wThr33']No, it's not that easy. Clicking the button is broken right now...[/QUOTE]

I mentioned in my post that it was broken.. and that when it was fixed that's how the process would go.

The Android app is like 50MB and can't even install to SD. Irritating.

You should just make friends with someone at TB and get a whole stack of the boxes... I remember when TB had the contest where every location gave away an Xbox my dad somehow managed to get one of the girls working there to give him a humongous stack of the tickets that had codes on them. I ended up winning an Xbox from that location :D

Looks like they added 6 more pictures, and not mine. I would have to believe more people are submitting pictures than that as well. I wonder if they are subjectively picking random pictures to keep the overall amount down.

Went to Taco Bell for lunch today with my dad ... ordered 2 big boxes ... they weren't the promotional boxes ...

God forbid trying to ask anyone that works there about the promotion ... let's just say there were multiple barriers that stopped any progress from being made in locating any information about the promotion or said boxes.

Now I'm left with an afternoon of Taco Bell regret and the question of whether I can really enter this contest as many times as I was hoping to.

[quote name='etcrane']Went to Taco Bell for lunch today with my dad ... ordered 2 big boxes ... they weren't the promotional boxes ...

God forbid trying to ask anyone that works there about the promotion ... let's just say there were multiple barriers that stopped any progress from being made in locating any information about the promotion or said boxes.

Now I'm left with an afternoon of Taco Bell regret and the question of whether I can really enter this contest as many times as I was hoping to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went today and actually inquired about it when I ordered. They had the signage, but it was apparent that they hadn't actually had anyone order it yet, so the guy made sure to get me the right box. That made me wonder how popular the promotion was so far so I tried my luck with the code, but I didn't win.

After that I contemplated the math involved and decided I probably wouldn't go out of my way to have lunch at Taco Bell for this. It'd be one thing if I ate there often, but literally hadn't stepped foot in the place in 2 years before today.

I went there for lunch today, they had signage all over, and I received the correct box with no trouble. I'm holding on to my code until later tonight, hoping that it gives me a better chance. Alas, I think I am just humoring myself about any remote chance of winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went today, ordered a box and didn't even get a box at all! I asked and she said they didn't have any actual boxes...

It doesn't surprise me at all that so many people are having trouble with locations being unprepared and employees being out of the loop. I have NEVER gone to a Taco Bell and had them get my order right (and I used to actually go a lot when I was a kid). If I ever order a bean and cheese burrito, I ask for one without onions or lettuce and they always say "It doesn't come onions and lettuce" like I'm some kind of idiot. If I ever forget to specify that I don't want these things in my burrito, I end up with a disgusting semi-crunchy burrito. I'm convinced they have the dumbest employees in the world.

[quote name='we3jesters']"OR, from 3/2/12 through 3/11/12 (ONLY), visit http://unlock.tacobell.com for a free Code"

That is from the official rules, so if you can wait you can maybe save yourself some indigestion![/QUOTE]
There are already other free ways to enter. I'm pretty sure it's a law.

[quote name='mrx001']Well,I'll be sending envelopes.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Much cheaper, easier, and tastier than going to Taco Bell.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']Just entered the picture contest. Think the easiest day to win would be today as it's getting rolled out today? Also, how would one go about buying extra boxes? I see in one of the photo some dude has like 10 boxes there.. did he just buy 10 $5 boxes or do some let it slide at a discounted rate?[/QUOTE]
Fast food places will almost always sell you the promotional stuff sans food pretty cheap. Whenever one of these joints gives away free stuff on their cups, I'll go in and buy a stack/tower.

Damn, you guys are pretty unlucky with this. Only problem I had was not being able to download the app because my phone isn't compatible for some odd reason.

I got a $5 box tonight with a code and sadly you can only use the code once unlike the BK Kinect Promotion.

I'm not sure if it's once per account or what but if any one wants to test my code out here it is

P4F-C6M-F7W-F3H

If that works for people then maybe we should set up a code swap?

My brother in law got two boxes with codes and the codes where pretty much identical only off by a few numbers.

[quote name='gvamp']I got a $5 box tonight with a code and sadly you can only use the code once unlike the BK Kinect Promotion.

I'm not sure if it's once per account or what but if any one wants to test my code out here it is

P4F-C6M-F7W-F3H

If that works for people then maybe we should set up a code swap?

My brother in law got two boxes with codes and the codes where pretty much identical only off by a few numbers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I got this message

ERROR: Code has already been used.

[quote name='slowdive21']Thanks, but I got this message[/QUOTE]

Well we can confirm that codes can be used once :(.

I too am having issues with the AR game for the iPhone, I can play it but when I go to submit to see if I'm a winner the button doesn't do anything. I'll try it again later and if it doesn't work I'm going to contact them.

Sonofabitch. I've been refreshing the main page to see how many have been given away. They gave one away at 4:34 AM, I waited until 4:50 AM, entered and lost. Then at 4:51 it updated again with another winner.

So how many letters can we send to get free codes? It says 1 code per letter, so I'm assuming...infinity? lol but it doesn't really put a limit

[quote name='ohiostatedog']So how many letters can we send to get free codes? It says 1 code per letter, so I'm assuming...infinity? lol but it doesn't really put a limit[/QUOTE]

Well if you assume that each SASE is about a $1 for two stamps then at some point you might as well just buy the Vita outright rather than spending a boatload of money on contest entries so that you MIGHT win...imagine if you spend $100 on SASE's then you lose on all of them. You might as well have spent that $100 towards the purchase of a Vita.

So apparently no free multi-use or multi-user codes being given out, and still only 28 pictures in the gallery for the boast, preventing other people from getting in.

This is quickly becoming my least favorite contest of recent memory.

[quote name='HelloKitty']If you update the Taco Bell app for the phone, this update fixes the "try your luck" button. I just played and lost.[/QUOTE]

I saw no update on the iOS App Store.

bread's done
Back