Please help me complete GCN game/demo collection...Only need 74 more...PLEASE HELP!

Keep it near the top...

I might be heading to Appleton this weekend, so I'll check out the Sam's Club for you. I'll report back when I do.

judy linked to the gamecube so you can find out about it. I have not found a GBP for the Q yet. There is a guy selling one on ebay for about $200 plus shipping but that is more then I want to pay. I only want to pay about $150 shipped.

Do you count demo/bonus disks as "games"? I count 437 titles currently (includes the 22 kiosk demos) which would mean 6 difference. But also Pinball Hall of Fame isn't out yet (supposedly it is/was but most places now say March) so that would make 7 difference.

Anyways, free bump.

Let's see. Here is how I see the breakdown:

409 games (includes the 2 zelda discs and pacman vs)

22 kiosk demos

7 bonus discs (RE4 Preview Disc, Gamecube Preview Disc, Pokemon Bonus Disc, Metroid Prime Bonus Disc, Star Wars Bonus Disc, Mario Kart Bonus Disc, Soul Calibur II Demo Disc)

With all those name I come up with 438 total. What bonus discs are you counting?

damn, your hardcore.... one question tho, what made you do this, why not a ps2 or XBOX collection? (you have those games in your pics so I assume you have them)

when your done wtih this what will you do?

You planning to start a new system after this one?

[quote name='bjeong1381']Let's see. Here is how I see the breakdown:

409 games (includes the 2 zelda discs and pacman vs)

22 kiosk demos

7 bonus discs (RE4 Preview Disc, Gamecube Preview Disc, Pokemon Bonus Disc, Metroid Prime Bonus Disc, Star Wars Bonus Disc, Mario Kart Bonus Disc, Soul Calibur II Demo Disc)

With all those name I come up with 438 total. What bonus discs are you counting?[/quote]
Ahh... I don't count the Mario Kart:DD Bonus Disc because the only time it was available was together in the game. I equate that with something like the Ribbit King Bonus Disc. Shades of gray, I understand, but technically it makes sense to me. But to each their own - however if you count the Double Dash disc, you should count the Ribbit King one ;)

The way I rationalize it is in terms of release, ie if it came out on its own (whether in sleeve form or case or whatever).

Oh and I still have one more counted than you if you are already including Pinball Hall of Fame. Interesting, because you have it pretty comprehensive so far.

help1 - The main reason for me doing this for the cube is just because the cube has giving me the most gaming satisfaction from any system. I guess that's do in part to the fact that I can get any game I want now unlike before. After I finish this I don't know what I am gonna do.

JAMMR - pm sent...

Wow. Sir, I tip my hat to you.

Um. I don't know if you're going for the super complete accessory collection, but we carry those Logitech wheels at Toys "R" Us for $19.99 and they have both the the force feedback wheel and the accessory pack in one box. I'd be happy to pick one up for you if you'd like.

I actually have two of those with the accessory pack already. Are you sure it has the accessory pack in the box also? I have never heard of it being packed together.

100% sure. I sell them to Mario Kart buyers all the time. ;)

Maybe it's just a Toys "R" Us exclusive? But it's not noted on the box anywhere if it is. What get's me is the price point. The box has $29.99 printed on it, but rings up at $19.99. I don't work again until Wednesday afternoon, but I'll snap a few pictures with my camera phone next time I go in.

Yeah sooner or later I am gonna have to update those pics. They are more than a few months old. I have picked up at least 60-80 games since then.

[quote name='bjeong1381']Cool. Maybe I will pick up a couple of those. How big is the box?[/quote]

http://img176.exs.cx/img176/9285/01260520062la.jpg
http://img176.exs.cx/img176/1010/01260520076ma.jpg

I didn't exactly have a tape measure handy...so I measured in copies of Trigger Man. We have tons of those. :p

Length = 3
Width = 1 1/2
Height = 1 1/2

I'm sure the weight is the same or very, very close to the two boxes you have already together. We only have two left, but get them in pretty frequently. Those shipping labels you see on the front are on every one of the sets. They all come like that. If you're interested and want me to get one for you there is some stuff on your list I want.

What items are you interested in on my sale/trade list? Even if I don't get those from you I am very willing to sell since I am going to Reno for Superbowl.

I'm still confused as to why you're trying to attain a complete GameCube collection. I'm not really trying to deride you; I'm genuinely confused (and curious). Just because you have the money to purchase all these games doesn't mean that you should be buying them. Is there a truly good reason for this collecting?

If not, I'd just like to say that I used to have a serious collector's mentality -- I'd totally do things like what you're doing right now -- but now that I look back I see that all that collecting was pretty empty and meaningless. I'd hate to see you go through all this only to realize 4 or 5 years later that you did something kinda stupid.

After all, I'd say that at least half of the released GameCube titles are ones that I would never even look at twice. I'm certain that even you know that you spent a lot of good money on some pretty shoddy products. Don't encourage the makers of bad games by giving them your money, y'know? You do realize that the Official Nintendo Seal of Quality is worthless, right? :p

The main reason for me wanting to collect for GC is that it has given me the most enjoyment from any system current or past. I know a lot of the games are crap but I get them for $5 to $10 each. During the Best Buy and Circuit City sale I stocked up on at least 100 or so of the games. Sure I spent $600 or so but when was th last time you got 100 games for $600, never. I know collecting isn't for everybody but I am enjoying this endeavor right now. Who knows how I will feel about a few years from now.

[quote name='bjeong1381']The main reason for me wanting to collect for GC is that it has given me the most enjoyment from any system current or past. I know a lot of the games are crap but I get them for $5 to $10 each. During the Best Buy and Circuit City sale I stocked up on at least 100 or so of the games. Sure I spent $600 or so but when was th last time you got 100 games for $600, never. I know collecting isn't for everybody but I am enjoying this endeavor right now. Who knows how I will feel about a few years from now.[/quote]
Plus, collecting every Gamecube game is possible. Not easy, but possible. To collect every PS2 game you'd have to be very rich and just a touch crazy.

Congratulations, man, that's a pretty impressive collection.

The advent of discs in cases makes collecting a lot more practical.

There are tons of people who are or would like to collect NES, but the nature of the medium means very few complete copies of games exist. GC pretty much requires a clean disc and a manual and the cover art - the extra inserts, precaution booklets etc if you are really picky - and the case can always be replaced.

I would love to have an SNES collection, but that would take years to do (complete, mint packaging etc cause I'm just that way) and even then there are some carts that never came with packaging like demos or the competition carts. With GC you can always make cover art for continuity sake.

Hey Brian, I just realized I have a Resident Evil Zero Trial Edition that you don't have and you've never posted wanting before, want to buy mine? Complete and minty fresh!

Getting really damn close. And with the next few months being slow it looks like I might be able to finish what has been released already. Back to the top.

bread's done
Back